Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Dealer doesn't know anything?

So I emailed my sales guy to ask if my car has shipped yet and if it had if he could get me a rail car number. I sent him a copy of what chevrolet connects says and he says he can't get a rail car number. He said he only sees what I see on chevrolet connects.

How do I get a rail car number or even just find out if my car has shipped?
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
My dealer also said that he couldn't get a rail car #, but Becky said they can call the GM Dealer Business Center to get it. I sent an email to my dealer yesterday morning and still have not heard back from him.

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
isnt trying to get the rail car number a little extreme, at least its on it way. Getting the number wont help it get there faster. Anyways just like anything else one dealer even if he knows everything isnt going to really know everything. I mean you going to trust your real estate agent on everything or you going to double check with others
Old 03-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Yes. Your Dealer has to call the GM Dealer Business Center and they can get you the railcar # and tell the dealer if the car has shiped
Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #5
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
While I too would love to know the rail number and where exactly it's at, I think I'm not going to find it out. I'm just going to bug my dealer by phone over the next couple weeks..."is it there yet?"
modawg2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by modawg2k View Post
While I too would love to know the rail number and where exactly it's at, I think I'm not going to find it out. I'm just going to bug my dealer by phone over the next couple weeks..."is it there yet?"
www.camarotracking.com

Enter in your order number or your VIN. And you're welcome.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
www.camarotracking.com

We were talking about railcar numbers, not tracking the car in the factory.... unless it's just late and I'm missing the part on the website where you can track it on the rail??
modawg2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #8
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
www.camarotracking.com

Old 03-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #9
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by modawg2k View Post
We were talking about railcar numbers, not tracking the car in the factory.... unless it's just late and I'm missing the part on the website where you can track it on the rail??
Yes, once you have the rail car number you can click the link on the website and it will take you to the information page that tells you how to check where the rail car is.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Quote:
Yes, once you have the rail car number you can click the link on the website and it will take you to the information page that tells you how to check where the rail car is.
There in lies the conundrum. We don't have rail car numbers and my dealer seems like they don't know how to go about getting it.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
paytnom

Drives: 2012 KIA Forte; 2011 2SS/RS - SGM
Back in Aug at camarotracking, when you entered your order # and the car had been shipped by rail it would give you the rail car # and a number to call the rail co. to track your rail car. Let me tell you, you need to be patient tracking the rail car, it will sit ia a rail yard for 2-3 days without moving, than go backwards. Took one member in Nv. who's car was producted TPW 8/9/10 THREE weeks to the rail car to Nv., and one member in Wi. 10days to get her car out of the rail yard in Il. and on a truck to Wi. "PATIENTS" it will all be worth IT
paytnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #12
11_Camaro

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytnom View Post
Back in Aug at camarotracking, when you entered your order # and the car had been shipped by rail it would give you the rail car # and a number to call the rail co. to track your rail car.
^^^ This.
11_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
We live in Buffalo NY which is only a few hours drive from Oshawa. Ours shipped on Thurs and we got info for Cassens Trucking so I am guessing that mine never was sent on a train. After we got the trucking info we tried to call the dealer to see if they may have an estimated delivery date.

He told my wife that the depending on where it is on the truck they may take it to Syracuse or Albany NY to deliver other cars then bring it back to where we live. Right now it shows it is in Niagara Falls NY which is about 15-20 miles from my dealer. Does he think I'm stupid I am certain with the price of diesel fuel that Cassens is not going to want to haul a car all over NY state when they could just take it 10 miles and deliver it. I am thinking it will be delivered on Monday.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
There in lies the conundrum. We don't have rail car numbers and my dealer seems like they don't know how to go about getting it.
Your dealer can call the Dealer Business Center and give them the order number, then they will give them the rail cari number and most recent location
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote