Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
PhoenicianB
Beep Beep.........

Drives: Bumbleblue
Not enough for what?

I think it's fine. I personnally don't like to blow my eardrums out and never put the sound on full blast anyway.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #27
CrazyDan

Drives: 2011 SS
sounds is good but the bass is weak sounds like the rears are over powered gonna be buying some better speakers
CrazyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #28
moolys

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS Synergy Green
The stero is not good at all it sucks have to get a replacement
moolys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I agree the bass is lacking at times, but serious for those who say turning up the volume to FULL isn't enough.....whhaatt????? Wow lol. I think the highs and mids get very loud, and sound pretty clear....its just the bass issues.

Its strange...some songs on my BA system sound great and have a good amount of bass....some songs it "tries" to output the bass but it ends up sounding horrible...and finally some songs its just plain missing the bass. (My last vehicle had two 10s in the back, so thats definitely why I'm noticing this stuff!)

In my opinion, as another member said before I think adding one good 10" sub would complete the system and make it sound much better, much fuller. Now of course if your someone who wants heart pounding bass you will want even more than that.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #30
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
My speakers are blown but I don't want the weaker amp. Is there any way I can get new speakers under warranty w/o the service bulletin dictating that I can't keep something more powerful (amp) I paid for it, and I just want the speakers replaced.
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #31
wullger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If you're playing MP3s, make sure the file has a good bitrate. Crappy bitrate=crappy sound.

Mine works just fine for me, never had it past 20--and thought my ears were going to blow then!
3800: 7/28/09 #30334!! 4B00: 7/30/09
4200: 8/5/09
6000: DELIVERED! 8/18/09

wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #32
ayceman

Drives: 2007 Dodge Charger SXT, 2010 2SS
My boston system that was 276 Watts in my 2007 Dodge Charger is alot better than the Camaro one, it had only 6 speakers though.
ayceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #33
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
1,000,000 watts max, but 15 watts rms..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #34
OPP

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Auto "Blu-Ray"
Has aybody installed the Bazooka that looks like a Nitrous tank?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #35
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
A lot of folks have aid that disconnecting the center channel speaker in the dash makes a big improvement to the sound. I plan to do that when I get my car back from the shop.

I also added dual subwoofers and amp. That helped a TON with sound quality.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #36
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
My speakers are blown but I don't want the weaker amp. Is there any way I can get new speakers under warranty w/o the service bulletin dictating that I can't keep something more powerful (amp) I paid for it, and I just want the speakers replaced.

Thats what I want too. Is your car brand new or pre owned?
Mine the bass is the rear 2 speakers seem to be dead or had been blown. And the speakers were for a BA system for a Chrysler!
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #37
trekmanone

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
If you're playing MP3s, make sure the file has a good bitrate. Crappy bitrate=crappy sound.

Mine works just fine for me, never had it past 20--and thought my ears were going to blow then!
Man, I've had mine cranked past 35 to full without any appreciable ear damage...
Roto-Fab oil filler S/S cap
Colgan front bra
DefenderWorx chrome side vent inserts
JL Audio XD400 amplifier
trekmanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #38
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Yup, the BA system is less then impressive considering it is the upgraded audio system. I adjusted the Balance to 60/40 biased to the rear...seemed to help bring the Bass out a bit more, but yeah, not very good IMO.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #39
Sicilian Medic

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
I have an 8" amped Bazooka tube to "compliment" my system. It fits the bill for now....
Spectre C.A.I., Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Billet Fuel Door, Billet Front & Back Bowties, Tint, 4 Pack Gauge Cluster, Black Fender Flares and Black Gill Inserts, RX Catchcan w/ oil breather valve, VMAX T.B., Hurst Autostick shifter w/ plate and Spyder dual Halo headlamps.
Sicilian Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #40
2011RSSS

Drives: Dodge Mega Cab ( Hemi ) 2011 SS RS
Mine sux..... I don't like really loud music, but I do like clear crisp moderate volume sound. That is what I expected from BA premium. I expected it to at least be better than my base model ram truck.
2011RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #41
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
I'm not a fan of the stock system, but I can do without upgrading for a while. I also listen to just about everything; that includes rap, metal, classical, country, and reggae so sound quality really is kind of important to me. Right now though I'm focusing on engine/exhaust sound and cosmetics. Audio will be after my wheels which are after my headers.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #42
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
Synyster - where in Fla? We can give you great musicality with all types of music, at all levels (it's not all about just bass, or just loud!). On a slightly more advanced system, I can even do presets to deliver more accurate sound for most music, with another one for increased bass when the mood calls for by changing crossover points, equalization, and of course levels. Not saying don't do cosmetics and wheels...but once your INSIDE the car, you don't see those. Me, I'd spend the $ first where I'm gonna enjoy it most...
With the engine upgrades, I can set you up with a K40 or Passport radar/laser suite. Adam and Tyler (our GM Master Tech) can take care of you with respect to alol of your appearance and performance needs. Come see us!
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #43
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach@ExtremePerformance View Post
Synyster - where in Fla? We can give you great musicality with all types of music, at all levels (it's not all about just bass, or just loud!). On a slightly more advanced system, I can even do presets to deliver more accurate sound for most music, with another one for increased bass when the mood calls for by changing crossover points, equalization, and of course levels. Not saying don't do cosmetics and wheels...but once your INSIDE the car, you don't see those. Me, I'd spend the $ first where I'm gonna enjoy it most...
With the engine upgrades, I can set you up with a K40 or Passport radar/laser suite. Adam and Tyler (our GM Master Tech) can take care of you with respect to alol of your appearance and performance needs. Come see us!
I'm up in the Tallahassee area, though if I'm ever in y'alls area I'll definitely drop by
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #44
Peter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
correct me if Im wrong but doesn't the BA system have volume control with acceleration, if so make sure that is turned off.

MECP - Sales, Basic and Advance Certified
ASE - 6 electrical certified
10+ years car audio installation, sales and manager
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #45
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
Of course 90% of the time I'm listening to country music and that usually doesn't require a lot of bass.

yea same here I like the stereo I can't complain only had my camaro for 6 days.[/QUOTE]

Can't listen to country anymore ... You know how when you play rock music backwards you get satanic messages? I played country backwards and got my wife back, my dog back, my job back....
Camaroshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #46
Rolando
Roland

Drives: 2011 Camaro Summit White
The BA stock system is okay but not for my taste. I install 2 after market amplifiers one for the highs and one for the subs. It was very impressive just with the amp for the highs made a huge difference on the sound quality. I don't even need a subwoofer as they produce very nice mid bass the BA speakers. I install a subwoofer for extra bass any way.

For the ones that added after market amplifiers like I did can you let me know which speakers did they used for signal? You check by moving the fader in the radio and you will see which ones. On mine they used the front speakers and by doing I think that they cancel the beeping sound produce by the backing sensors that are connected to the rear speakers not the front. I think that was the problem so I need to go back to the shop and tell them. To used the rear speakers instead of the front ones for signal, hopefully that will fix that problem.

Any one else have the same problem or is it something else that they need to do for my sensors to work. I took it to the dealer they said they work fine but just no noise out of the rear speakers.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #47
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
The BA system is good enough for the average user. Remember GM only charges $475 for it. A def upgrade over the stock sound. In return you get better speakers and an amp that creates more power than just the head unit.

Again, for the average user, that sound system will be just fine. I think it's not that good, but then again I have barely given my seal of approval to any OEM sound system.

Buick LaCrosse's Harman upgrade is really good though!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #48
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
my fronts are also blown, any good replacements, they need to be 4ohm correct? i cant seem to find a replacements speaker that is 4 ohm
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #49
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I went with the standard audio because aftermarket if way superior to anything they use stock. Try diamond audio for the component systems and DD subs for the bass. It's what your wanting trust me. I have the setup in my other car and people are always blown away with the quality.
JoshBobGuptaMarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #50
Camaro45thAE

Drives: '91 GMC Syclone & '12 Camaro 45TH
Both my wife and I are not overly impressed with the system on the 2012. Ive sat there and messed with the settings and while it sounds decent, it definitely wouldnt have been something I wouldnt have paid as an upgrade if the 2LT didnt come with it already. Ive cranked it all the way up and was surprised on how "quiet" it still sounded. In fact, my 02 GMC Envoy sounds way better IMHO.

My ex-Mini Cooper S with Harman Kardon system was one of the best sounding factory stereos in a car Ive owned. That's one of the few things I do miss about that car.

.....but, Im not a stereo guy to begin with anyhow, as I much rather listen to an exhaust note, so the system not being all that impressive doesnt bother me and wasnt a selling point for us with the Camaro.
GMC Syclone #237
2012 Camaro 2LT Anniversary Edition
Order No. PTXV9B
8.31.2011 - Born! TPW 8/29
HowTune- DIY Automotive Network
Camaro45thAE is offline   Reply With Quote