Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #51
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
vuduman - just about any car audio coax or component set you find will be nominally 4ohm. So you should be good on that count.
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #52
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
I'm up in the Tallahassee area, though if I'm ever in y'alls area I'll definitely drop by

Did I mention we have our own Jerr-Dan flatbed tow truck?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #53
Elricce

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I just bought a 2012 Camaro SS on Friday and am not really happy with the sound quality either so I'm wondering if something is blown or if it is just not as good as I am used to.

The car had 10 miles on it when I got it so I do not think it was test drove too much.

My previous car had a Harmon Kardon sound system and it was very crisp yet this sounds system seems very dull or muffled some how. The presets were currently all 0 so I will try tweaking it a little on the ride home today.
Elricce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #54
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach@ExtremePerformance View Post
Did I mention we have our own Jerr-Dan flatbed tow truck?
I didn't see that reply way back when, but as time goes on the more I hate my speakers lol. In a couple months I'll contact y'all, if not sooner. Just depends when I get the funds because I just dropped $3k on exhaust and suspension mods lol.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #55
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Synyster - where in Fla? We can give you great musicality with all types of music, at all levels (it's not all about just bass, or just loud!). On a slightly more advanced system, I can even do presets to deliver more accurate sound for most music, with another one for increased bass when the mood calls for by changing crossover points, equalization, and of course levels. Not saying don't do cosmetics and wheels...but once your INSIDE the car, you don't see those. Me, I'd spend the $ first where I'm gonna enjoy it most...
With the engine upgrades, I can set you up with a K40 or Passport radar/laser suite. Adam and Tyler (our GM Master Tech) can take care of you with respect to alol of your appearance and performance needs. Come see us!
I may need to drop by your shop next time I head up to Stuart. I'm going to soon be feeling the need for a digital sound processor to be put into the mix... some better speakers will be in order too....

Last edited by Camaroshark; 02-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Camaroshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #56
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elricce View Post
I just bought a 2012 Camaro SS on Friday and am not really happy with the sound quality either so I'm wondering if something is blown or if it is just not as good as I am used to...
Probably just not as good as you are used to.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #57
Sharkycsi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjpgh View Post
I had my BA amp replaced via a service bulletin along with 3 speakers. It sounded awful after they replaced it. I just installed the 5.1 system from Subthump and it kicks ass w the factory speakers. The 12 inch Infinity sub included in the system from Subthump sounds great too.

I too have Subthump's 5.1 system and it made a big difference with the sound and it removes the center speaker at the same time. I am waiting on the new Kenwood 9990HD double din unit and see if I will purchase some new speakers or stay with the stock ones.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #58
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elricce View Post
My previous car had a Harmon Kardon sound system and it was very crisp yet this sounds system seems very dull or muffled some how. The presets were currently all 0 so I will try tweaking it a little on the ride home today.

Pretty much everyone one I sit in and check, the tone controls are maxed or nearly so on the treble and well up on the bass as well. Which is a bit unusual, as Boston speakers tend to be on the brighter side. As the others said, it's probably doing what it does, you are just used to better sound.
You bought the car for the car, though, so don't feel bad!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #59
swizlstik

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
I didn't have mine two weeks before I installed a 10" Kicker powered sub and it really changed it. I'm not saying that it is great but it really needed bass. The lack of stereo is my only disappointment with this car.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #60
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Where did you find the wattage of the amp? I have a 2012 with BA package and havent been able to find the info. I too feel its lacking something, so i am having the phoenix gold sub/amp installed this morning.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #61
Elricce

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Pretty much everyone one I sit in and check, the tone controls are maxed or nearly so on the treble and well up on the bass as well. Which is a bit unusual, as Boston speakers tend to be on the brighter side. As the others said, it's probably doing what it does, you are just used to better sound.
You bought the car for the car, though, so don't feel bad!
Definitely, I am loving the car, should be getting my exhaust next week so I'll be listening to that mostly

However, I messed around with the stereo a bit and what I found out is that if I hookup my iphone and play an MP3 the quality is at least 20x better than the Sirius radio. I was comparing the Sirius on my previous car to this one and for some reason there is no depth or anything when I use the satellite radio, it sounds like it is coming across in mono or something along those lines where there is no mids and very dull treble even if I max it in the tuner. However, if I plug in an ipod or my phone to the USB in the middle console it has mids, treble and base like I would have expected. I am very satisfied with the sound when playing MP3's.

I am not sure what I can adjust to make the Sirius sound correct, it just seems like it isn't hooked up correctly or something.

Anyone else come across this before where Sirius satellite channels all sound muffled?

Thanks everyone.
Elricce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #62
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
On my 2012 with the BA i added the Phoenix Gold upgrade. Still getting used to it, but nice upgrade.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Michelin PSS tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, 3/4" intake spacer, and ported intake. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #63
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I hear they de-tuned it in later 2010 models due to speakers blowing out.
They did. I have an early 2010 model and it's pretty good. A friend has a 2011 and there's a big difference...

I just added a subthump stealth box with a single 12" and the Kicker 400 amp and it makes a heck of a difference.

I have bottom end now!

I am tweaking though. My plans are to expand my modifications on the sound system. What I still think I'd like to do is:

and this is in order of how I want to do it.

1 Switch out the factory amp for a JL 400 or 700 ...
2 Then I will likely upgrade the factory speakers. I think the 6x9 and the doors could use some better speakers.
3 At that point, I'll decide on the addition of a digital sound processor if I feel I need to clean it up a bit.

I definitely do not wish to change out the factory head unit.

Last edited by Camaroshark; 03-09-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Camaroshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #64
jtown2081

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
BA Stereo just not loud enough

I felt the same way as I was mostly listening to my iPhone, but when the source is changed to XM, it is much louder. Still wishing it would go beyond the max volume.
jtown2081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #65
mbober99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Why do people wish to push the speakers into so much distortion that it blows speakers? Makes no freakin sense to me.
mbober99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #66
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbober99 View Post
Why do people wish to push the speakers into so much distortion that it blows speakers? Makes no freakin sense to me.
with a good system you can get good volume with no distortion and it just sounds great & clear, but yeah, distortion just hurts my ears.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #67
RedHotRS

Drives: 2013 CRT 2LT RS
Yeah the so called Premium BA system sucks if you ask me.

I'm going to start with changing out the BA amp and adding dual 10" JL Audio subs with a 500 watt mono amp.

That should help a little
RedHotRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #68
c5dreamer

Drives: Tacoma/2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotRS View Post
Yeah the so called Premium BA system sucks if you ask me.

I'm going to start with changing out the BA amp and adding dual 10" JL Audio subs with a 500 watt mono amp.

That should help a little
Just curious, do you know what kind of box, model of amp and subs you are planning on getting?
c5dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #69
RedHotRS

Drives: 2013 CRT 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5dreamer View Post
Just curious, do you know what kind of box, model of amp and subs you are planning on getting?
JL CS210-WX box and JX 500D for the sub, and a XD 400/4 for the main speakers.

Nothing special but a big improvement over what I have.

Found the box/subs online for $160 and the sub amp for $180
RedHotRS is offline   Reply With Quote