Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
SarcasticDwarf

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Red Jewel
Dealer (used) SS trim level pricing

I've been watching the Arizona (and Southwest) market over the past few months and something seems a bit off to me. Used 2010 2SS tend to run with a posted price of between 30 and 34k. I have not seen many 1SS's, but they tend to be priced about the same.

Dealers tend to be firm on pricing of around 31k regardless of whether it is a 1SS or 2SS.

The RS package and whether it is an A6 or M6 does not seem to factor in to pricing.

Is this typical elsewhere as well?

On a side note, I was at two dealers today and their best prices were 31k for a 1SS/RS/A6 and the other was 32k for a 2SS/RS/A6.
SarcasticDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Resale values are very high on Camaros. You're not going to get a substantially better deal buying used.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
SarcasticDwarf

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Resale values are very high on Camaros. You're not going to get a substantially better deal buying used.
um, yeah, but that has nothing to do with my post. I was commenting on how the pricing does not appear to be affected at all by either the trim level or options.
SarcasticDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Never really has...Items like a sunroof will but wheels or radio do not matter much in any line.
Most don't even know the difference on trim like we do.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #5
2010 L99

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 RJT/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticDwarf View Post
I've been watching the Arizona (and Southwest) market over the past few months and something seems a bit off to me. Used 2010 2SS tend to run with a posted price of between 30 and 34k. I have not seen many 1SS's, but they tend to be priced about the same.

Dealers tend to be firm on pricing of around 31k regardless of whether it is a 1SS or 2SS.

The RS package and whether it is an A6 or M6 does not seem to factor in to pricing.

Is this typical elsewhere as well?

On a side note, I was at two dealers today and their best prices were 31k for a 1SS/RS/A6 and the other was 32k for a 2SS/RS/A6.
Same around here. Used 1SS/RS/M6 is being priced within a grand or two of 2SS/RS/A6 even though there's actually about $4500 difference when configured new.

I'm going to buy a 2SS/RS soon, and was looking to save a few grand on a low miles used one, but not at the prices they're asking. I can buy a new 2011 coupe for just a few grand more than a used 2010 in this area. All I know is these dealers better hope for a boatload of clueless buyers in order to sell their used Camaro inventory.
2010 L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 11'Zsprt,11 12,altima2.5s
Funny you say that. I been observing the used car market over the last few months. I'm actually noticing that more camaros are going into dealer lots faster than they can sell them off. I saw a 2011 camaro ss that would msrp new for $38500. For 38000. The car has. 2600 miles on it. Not bad but as they say. Cars depreciate 3,000 the second they drive off the lot. And beingit had 2500 miles, I would knock off another $1500. To me a fair deal on a previously tiled car such as this one would range between 34,000-35000 range. But dealers are greedy.

Wait till july and august when gas prices are soaring and everyone is only looking at the spark aveo cruze and four banger malibu. What's going to happen is camaro v6will double in sales. Most SS will be a hard sell and the used ones will just be a burden on the lots. I'm sure a high percentage of SS owners will most likely trade for a V6 convertible as well to save gas and still have the kool factor of a convertible.

This has always been GM's problem from jump street. They overrate and overprice there vehicles and offer little incentives unless they are being crushed by a car company. They did really well in 2010 cuz the enthusiasts came out the woodwork. After year one, you gotta try to move cars. Refreshes are kool but nothing sells like a brand new car.

This is the truth. The mustang GT added a better engine and suspension yet they dropped there msrp by 500 for the 2012 model year. The genesis coupe will most likely see a V6 with DCT transmission, direct injection and nearly 350hp. The 370z is getting a. Refresh that's tightly under wraps. Toyobaru is coming with a series of RWD coupes with boxer motors that range in power from 220 to 330hp while keeping a weight of under 2900lbs.
Mazda has 2 top secret projects going on and so does honda. The NSX and S3000. The muscle car is its own industry by its own right but a lot of companies will be offering sub 5 second cars with high fuel effiency and high tech chassis's for the price range of camaro v6. These cars will place a happy median between the v6 and v8. If chevy doesn't try to compete in the 2012 model year? I see a sudden drop in camaro sales into the 5 digit range in annual sales.

I would love to see GM learn from there mistakes instead of repeat them. Here's another example. The cruze is a nice car. A great car, but hyundais elantra is very comparable, gets about the same gas mileage and can be had equally equipped for 4k less. Pricing has to me more competitve against GM's competitors. I'm sure by year 2 the korean will lead sales

As I was trying to say earlier was the reason GM ended up bankrupt the first time was overproduction and slow sales due to vehicles that were technologically behind and prices that were overinflated which left many a car on the lots.

The trend is reoccuring. I just read an article on the GMC acadia denali. They pretty much called that SUV a joke. Leather and nav and a few gimmicky features inflates the price to 50k, while the 18k ford focus and fiesta still had 40% more cabin tech than the GMC denali.

The used camaro car market is a joke for now. I would just buy new or wait till the gas prices get up close to $5 a gallon. We"ll see if they are still willing to sell used camaros as high as $500 under msrp.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverZeaLouS View Post
Wait till july and august when gas prices are soaring and everyone is only looking at the spark aveo cruze and four banger malibu. What's going to happen is camaro v6will double in sales. Most SS will be a hard sell and the used ones will just be a burden on the lots. I'm sure a high percentage of SS owners will most likely trade for a V6 convertible as well to save gas and still have the kool factor of a convertible.
I don't think people who bought the SS cared about the gas mileage. That's what I have a Camry for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverZeaLouS View Post
The trend is reoccuring. I just read an article on the GMC acadia denali. They pretty much called that SUV a joke. Leather and nav and a few gimmicky features inflates the price to 50k, while the 18k ford focus and fiesta still had 40% more cabin tech than the GMC denali.
Careful taking what you read for the 'Truth'. These are the same people who say with BMW you are only paying for the name. I happen to have an Acadia Denali (well, it's my wife's now as part of the deal to order my vert) and we love the car. A fully built out 2LT would have actually cost more and the Denali has some extra bells and whistles.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote