Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests

Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests Announcements, giveaways, and contests from our sponsors

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Rob@WretchedMS
Evil Pedders Guy Since 06

Drives: His Wife Crazy Phone:860-880-0486
Wretched, Pedders, and the Wife, a Brief History

Everyone is a customer at one point, for better or worse, but everyone is a customer. This holds true for dealers and vendors, because at some point they were customers just like you. For me it was a long string of events that all happen to lead me down the path of life. This path began on an internet forum, a forum very similar to this one. I saw an advertisement for a Cobalt SS for $239 a month for a lease, and thought that would be way better than the 97 Monte that I was using a daily driver. So I went to look at the local dealership and was greeted with closed doors because it was a Sunday. So there would be no test drive that Sunday. So I looked at the car with my wife Kim, she liked it, she even liked the “goofy spoiler” that it had, but since the dealership was closed we left.

Around the corner from that dealership was another dealer, this one a Cadillac Pontiac GMC dealer. This dealer had a 2004 GTO out front, it was used, but it was the right color (Black) so I figured, what the hell, the dealer is closed, let’s take a peak it can’t hurt, and she agreed (my wife is great, more on that later). While we were looking at the GTO, someone walked up to where we were and introduced himself to us. Apparently this dealership wasn’t closed, and the gentleman that walked up to us was David one of their salesmen. David asked if we wanted to take the car for a ride, and I said I’m not really looking to buy anything, especially since it’s October, but if he had the time I’d like to sit in it. He went to get the keys and well….I ordered and 05 GTO, Black, and a few days later I was driving in the GTO to the shop. This would in fact turn out to be one of the biggest moments of my life, though this wouldn’t be evident for a while yet.

Fast Forward a few months, winter fading away and Drag Racing season coming fast. I had sold my 3rd Gen Camaro that I had for years, so I didn’t have that to beat on anymore. So the GTO would be the daily driver and the drag car. I was happy, Kim was happy, life was grand (Happy wife, Happy Life). I set the date for the first test session of the year, and made the 1.5 hour trip Lebanon Valley Dragway. We got everything situated, and I entered the staging lanes for the first time in the GTO. I’d been there many times before, and knew what to expect, I thought. My first time at the Track in the GTO would change the course of my life as I knew it. For the first time at the track I didn’t expect to be running low 13’s like I’d seen in magazines, but I thought it would be close. I pulled up to the lights, staged and ready to launch. Both lights were lit, waiting for the tree. Holding the RPM’s at 2500 foot on the clutch just before it would grab, waiting, waiting, GO! Well, I nearly crapped myself, the car had wheel hop so bad it was insane, I thought I’d broken something it was so bad, got through that and ran a horrible time through the traps. Every launch that night was the same story, no matter how I seemed to launch it wheel hop was a huge issue. Ran a best time of 13.9 that night, I spent over 30k on this, and it was slower than my Camaro that had 200k on it, and had nearly half the horsepower.

For the next few nights I was glued to my computer going through ls1gto.com looking for answers. There were lots of experts telling me what to buy, but very few people giving me answers. Lots of people with lists of parts to buy, but very few people asking me questions. This was the spring of 2006 and this JusticePete guy was one of the only people that was actually giving my info and asking me questions. Talking to him was very helpful because he made sense. I was a tech for nearly 10 years before I had to stop being a tech and moved to the front to run things, so I knew what I was doing when it came to working on cars, but I was a bit out of my element with the GTO. In the few conversations that I had with Pete he was helpful and informative, and when I decided that I wanted to buy some parts, he directed me to a list of a couple dealers that sold the parts I was looking for. At this point I still had no idea who this Justice Pete guy was, but I was happy he was helping. Well, after 2 weeks of trying to buy parts and not being able to get a dealer to call me back, respond to emails, or pm’s I nearly gave up. I then contacted Pete again and this is when I discovered that he was the President of Pedders USA, this shocked me, as I’ve never dealt with a company that had this type of contact before. Pete then asked me to contact another dealer, and I was able to make the purchase finally. I had ordered rear springs, and rear shocks, and was very skeptical that this was a good idea, and didn’t believe it would help my issues at all. I kept thinking to myself, if I told my customer that they needed to replace their shocks and spring at 5000 miles they would report me to the BBB and any other place that would listen. This would change, and change quickly.

My first time back at the track since my last debacle, and I was tentatively excited. Got in to the staging lanes, pulled up to the tree, staged, ready to go. Lights went green, I launched expecting the worst, and wouldn’t you know it, my wheel hop was nearly gone. I ran through the traps nearly 10mph faster than last time, and 1 full second faster. Nothing had changed other than the shocks and springs, and I was sold on PEDDERS. Ran a few more times that night, for a fast time of 12.7 @ 108mph. 12.7 with a stock GTO, with Headers, Shocks, and Springs.

That night on the way home I was trying to figure out how I would convince Kim that I needed to spend another $2000 on the car we had just bought. So I did what any other red blooded American man would do, I didn’t tell her. After upgrading the GTO to a full Pedders Track 2 kit the car was completely changed. By this time I had about 15000 miles on it, and the front tires had already been destroyed due to the weaknesses in the stock suspension. The car felt so much better I couldn’t believe that it was the same car, I felt lighter, it felt like it should. This is how the car should have been from the factory, but we all know that wouldn’t happen.

This is when a small bulb went on over my head. I thought, if these parts can do this for me, then I want to be involved with Pedders. I went back and forth with Pete about becoming a dealer and after a very involved application process to be one of the first dealers in the country. I was well versed in performance parts, or at least I thought I was. I would quickly learn that what had been accepted in the aftermarket community was not accepted at Pedders. They did things like I did things, They did them right the first time, period.

In December of 2006 we did our first GTO at the shop. His name was Ryland, he was an Iraq vet and was disabled, thus required a wheel chair. Ryland was not your average guy in a wheel chair, and his GTO was going to benefit from this over the next couple years, but for now, Pedders was going on his car. He had plans for it, and the Suspension was tops on his list. He had been learning just as I had the year before, and he had seen the same things I had seen, Pedders cars being the fastest at the Drag Strip, and Road Courses. Ryland’s car soon after has twin turbo’s and many other goodies, but before anything else, he had Pedders. Well, actually the hand controls were first, but next after that was Pedders.

Next job was to fix the troubles that I had when I had first tried ordering parts. Soon after is when Wretched Motorsports came to life, as the Internet Based store for our Pedders Parts. It was my goal to be the best place on the internet to buy Pedders parts, and be the best place to bring your car to have Pedders installed through the Expert Tire store that I’ve run since 2005. It didn’t take long to be the dominant Pedders dealer in the USA, and we’ve been working very hard to continue this ever since.

In October 2007 Kim and I decided that we needed to upgrade her daily driver, (the same 97 Monte that I replaced with the GTO). At this point I knew that we would get a G8, just that she didn’t know that yet, but I was confident that she would see my vast experience was correct and that she should get the G8. Well, that went to hell quickly. We test drove the G8, and she really liked the car, it wasn’t perfect for what she wanted, but it was very good. She said she wanted a little more power, and a bit more ‘goodies’. On the way back to the dealer from the test drive, I had her convinced that we could fix the goodies, and the power wasn’t an issue. She was sold, and ready to get the G8….Until we pulled in to the dealer and she happen to park next to a Black Charger SRT8….. One week later she was driving a Black Charger SRT8. (Did I mention that my wife rocks!) Her first questions……”When do I get my suspension, and can we make it louder?”

After driving it for a bit we upgraded the suspension on the SRT8, the change was much bigger than the change on the GTO it was ridiculous. In skid pad testing her car was pulling consistent .99g on OE Street tires, in a 4200lb sedan. Just for reference, the Ferrari Enzo was tested at 1.01 in a popular magazine. The only bad part of that, was that the GTO pulled .97g, and Kim was very sure that I was aware of the fact that her Charger was .02g better. Gotta love her…

2008 and 2009 were very busy years for us and we grew quickly. We attended many events and even got Kim out on the Road Course in her Charger. 2010 posed many hurdles and challenges personally, and professionally, we dealt with things as best we could. Pedders stood behind us every part of the way, and at times even got in front. Not many companies out there are as stand up of a company as Pedders is, and as the future unfolds I’m confident that you will see this also. 2011 Is a new year, and many of the hurdles that we have had over the past year are now behind us, we will not forget them, and we will grow from them (R.I.P. Carl Anderson 2/25/11).

You will be seeing us be very active on the various forums that we are members of, and when you see us on there, remember we were customers before we were vendors, and we understand. We are here to help, and while we do want your business, our primary goal is to help. If you have questions please let us know, we will do everything we can to help, and if I can’t answer something, I will at least point you in the right direction to ensure that you achieve your goals.

This year we launched our new website, this website brings a ton of power in the online world for us. There are tons of features and ideas that we have planned for the upcoming year that will make all of our customers very happy. That said, if you are not signed up for our newsletters then you may miss out on some of these things.

One of the new features that we have implemented on the site is the Live Support. This isn’t an automated system, and we do not have untrained people waiting to sell you things. If the Live Support is Online, then I am personally available to talk to. This chat is invaluable at times as I can help many people all at the same time, and had already proven to be very helpful in delivering our goal of helping our customer achieve their goals.

Thank you for your time, and if you have read this entire post, know this. I wouldn’t be here if it were not for my wife Kim, and for the support of Pete and Deb from Pedders USA. Thank you all.

Rob Anderson
Wretched Motorsports/Expert Tire
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Rob@WretchedMS

reserved
Old 03-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Great writeup Rob!!

Pete has proven himself a standup guy! From your posts here I have the feeling you share that with him.
Here is to your continued sucess!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
BlissStreet
High Plains Drifter

Drives: Captiva 3.2, Aveo 1.6
It sounds like your wife and my wife should go bowling some time.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Hi Rob,
Here's to hoping 2011 and going forward is a banner year..
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
seddon

Drives: RED JEWEL 2SS
Hey Rob, great write up. Here is to your continued success. Looking forward to meeting up with you soon.
seddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
Rob@WretchedMS

look forward to that also
Old 03-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
This is a mutual admiration society. Rod Anderson is one of the few honest men that I know. We have been through the highest of highs (Rob has been the #1 Pedders Dealer twice) and the lowest lows (the deaths of parents). It is easy to be a good man when things are going well. The real measure of a person is how they handle adversity.

Rob is usually a quiet private person. I am not sure what prompted Rob to write this post, but what I am sure of is if you choose to do business with Rob and Kim at Wretched Motorsports you will be working with dealers that have earned my respect by the way the conduct thier business over a period of years.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
I have meet Rob and Kim a number of times and they are both the kind of people I call friends. I do not use that term loosely.
Rob and I represented Pedder Suspension at a National GTO event a few years ago. My shop had a few Pedders parts with us to display. We also brought our portable Dyno. The Dyno had me pretty busy most of the time. So what does Rob do he sells Pedders parts for me. What can I say you will not find better people. We at Back Street Performance which Rob and Kim the greatest success with there new site.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I'm one of Rob's and Pedders customers that has felt and delivered some of those highs and lows. One fact is that Rob and Pete will do what is within their power to help you accomplish your goals. If there is an issue,it will get resolved. I too am a bit shocked to see this thread Rob, but am glad you posted it. I always loved BS'n with you. A great sense of humor and always willing to try to help and answer your questions. Same goes for Pete. While I'm stepping out of the motorsports hobby,"yet again",I bought a mountain with a great house and 45 acres,"before selling the one I'm in" and am paying in blood (CGM gotta go) I again thank you for all your help and patience and wish you both all the best. As for Pete,with that product and how he operates, business will always end up smelling like roses.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
Rob@WretchedMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
This is a mutual admiration society. Rod Anderson is one of the few honest men that I know. We have been through the highest of highs (Rob has been the #1 Pedders Dealer twice) and the lowest lows (the deaths of parents). It is easy to be a good man when things are going well. The real measure of a person is how they handle adversity.

Rob is usually a quiet private person. I am not sure what prompted Rob to write this post, but what I am sure of is if you choose to do business with Rob and Kim at Wretched Motorsports you will be working with dealers that have earned my respect by the way the conduct thier business over a period of years.
Just wait until you see phase 2, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ. View Post
I have meet Rob and Kim a number of times and they are both the kind of people I call friends. I do not use that term loosely.
Rob and I represented Pedder Suspension at a National GTO event a few years ago. My shop had a few Pedders parts with us to display. We also brought our portable Dyno. The Dyno had me pretty busy most of the time. So what does Rob do he sells Pedders parts for me. What can I say you will not find better people. We at Back Street Performance which Rob and Kim the greatest success with there new site.
Rich, I treat people like they treat me, and I have a ton of respect for you and Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
I'm one of Rob's and Pedders customers that has felt and delivered some of those highs and lows. One fact is that Rob and Pete will do what is within their power to help you accomplish your goals. If there is an issue,it will get resolved. I too am a bit shocked to see this thread Rob, but am glad you posted it. I always loved BS'n with you. A great sense of humor and always willing to try to help and answer your questions. Same goes for Pete. While I'm stepping out of the motorsports hobby,"yet again",I bought a mountain with a great house and 45 acres,"before selling the one I'm in" and am paying in blood (CGM gotta go) I again thank you for all your help and patience and wish you both all the best. As for Pete,with that product and how he operates, business will always end up smelling like roses.
Greg, your still ugly.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

LOL....UGLY? I've been been called some pretty creative things,but never ugly. hahahaha.....Now I do get ugly from time to time..........
Old 03-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
Rob@WretchedMS

lol, well you sure as hell are not pretty.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

That,is a fact I'm proud of! lol.....hey 20 years inside will turn snow white blue.....as in bloodless,colorless,mindless. Gone!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
good story!
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #16
Rob@WretchedMS

Thanks Russo, appreciate it
Old 03-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #17
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Look at Pete and Robs' join dates.... Been here since the rumors and tall tales of a car that wasn't even for sale yet

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #18
JusticePete

Call us addicts to the hobby like most of the others here on C5.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
Rob@WretchedMS

The New Wretched Motorsports is Alive!

The new site is located at http://wretched.co, and the old URL's should be forwarding to the new site.
If you see the old site you need to refresh the browser,
on a PC hold the CTRL and hit the F5 Key
on a mac hold Command and hit R

We are still finalizing some things from the move, so if you see something that isn't working the way it should, or is missing, please let Rob know. rob@wretchedms.com
  • Registration / Login:
    If you have previously registered with Wretched Motorsports, your login info will not work any longer, you will need to click here to get your password and access your account.
  • Free Shipping
    Free Shipping on most orders over $200, this does not apply to large items like Hoods and Bumpers, ect
  • Menus / Filters
    We have worked hard over the past couple of months to put this website together for you so that it was easy to navigate and find what you need.
    --Top Menu (All Categories):
    The upper part of the top menu is dedicated to Suspension and Chassis products, The Lower portion is for everything else
    --Left Side Menu (Categories and Filters):
    When you enter a category you will see a list of options and filters on the left side. This should make it easier in finding items that you want.
    One of the items in the side menu is the "Parts Fit / Cross Fit" option, this will show all parts that fit a given car line, regardless of year, submodel, ect. You may see other models listed in this section when you use the Year Make Model search, this means that not only do they fit your car, but they also fit those other cars.
    This is only ment as a quick way to narrow the parts down if you do not want to use the Year, Make, Model search.
    --Year/Make/Model/Submodel:
    You can enter the Year, Make, Model, and Submodel to narrow it down to only parts that fit your car. (When new parts are added it might take a day to be added in to this) Once Selected you will only see categories that have parts for you in the left menu.
  • Tech Talk Section:
    We have employed our version of the Pedders Tech Talk to provide you with tons of information about the suspension of your car, as well as some of the solutions that Pedders offers.
  • Pedders / Suspension Packages at 10% OFF the price of the parts if bought separately.
    We have made some dramatic changes to the Pedders Packages that we offer. You will now be allowed much more flexibility when purchasing a Package that you were in the past. In the Past you were restricted to what ever was in a given package, and if you wanted to change anything you had to contact us, and we would work out a custom package for you. This is no longer the case, you now have the ability to make a lot of changes yourself, and we are working on some more package options for you still, so if you would like an option that isn't listed please let us know, we will do what we can to make that happen for you.
  • New Sport and Super Sport Packages !
    Coilovers or Springs combine with Swaybars, as well as some optional parts that might be a good idea, Many have asked for these packages in the past, and now we have them to offer. The Sport Packages include Springs, while the Super Sport Packages include your choice of Coilovers.
  • WMX Packages:
    These will include the best parts available for your car, sometimes from more than one manufacturer, but always with the best results in mind.
  • DBA / Hawk Packages:
    I've done away with DBA / Hawk Packages, in place of the Packages will be a hidden discount that is applied once you have both Hawk and DBA parts in your shopping cart. (not the dropdown cart at the top), So on top of the already crazy pricing on the DBA Rotors, you will get an Added Discount on the 'Package' of which ever Rotors and Pads you choose. If you find any Brake Packages at a lower price somewhere else, I want to know about it, and i'll do my best to not only Match, but I will try to beat the other price for you.
  • Military Discount via TroopID:
    We have been working to find a good solution to getting Military Customers, and we believe that we have a great solution for you. After you Register or Sign In, you will see the TROOP ID Button in the shopping cart. You will then be sent to TroopID to verify your Military Status, (Active, Veteran, Spouse, Ect) which doesn't take long. Once you are verified the discounts will apply automatically to your cart. These discounts will vary from Product to Product, and may or may not be in addition to other discounts that are offered.
    In the event that you are not able to use TroopID (SpecWar, ect) then please contact Rob directly and he will get you taken care of. rob@wretchedms.com

• Product Questions
    One of the new features that we have is the ability to ask a question right from the product page. So if you have a question about Part ABC, when you are on the product page for that part, you will see a link to ask a question (and/or view questions), Feel free to use this to ask a question about that product, and we will get you an answer ASAP. Once we have answered the question for you, we can then add the question to the page. All personal info is not viewable to anyone else, all that is shown is the question (we will edit to suit our needs). Please don't be shy, if you have a question about something, i'm sure others will have the same question.
    Side note, This is not for reviews of products, that is something completely separate.
  • New Brands Available
    Many of you have asked us to carry more brands, specifically suspension brands. We have listened and have added a number of new companies to our website, and have more that will be added very soon.
    KW Suspension, ST Suspension, Koni, KYB, Bilstein, Kooks, Magnaflow, have been added already, and more will be added over the coming weeks and months. These brands are in addition to some of the popular brands that we already offer such as Pedders, Petty, DBA Rotors, Hawk/Cobalt Friction Pads, Driveshaft Shop, and many more.
  • Tools
    One of the things that has been added that we have considered for a long time is the Tools area. If we can supply you with the tools to help you do the job, we will add them to the tools section, These tools are not cheap quality tools, but professional quality tools that we personally use when we do installations.
  • Wheels & Tires
    We currently do not have anything to offer you in this category, however, we are looking for a couple of good suppliers for this area. If you represent a supplier, or know of one, please email Rob directly in regard to this rob@wretchedms.com

• Manufacturers and Distributors:
    Are you a manufacturer or distributor that offers top quality products, and would like to see your products sold through Wretched Motorsports?
    Contact Rob Directly by email, rob@wretchedms.com, he would love to hear from you.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
JusticePete

Impressive site Mr. Anderson.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #21
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Like the new site Rob.

Troop ID is giving an invalid URL when I try to verify from the shopping cart prior to checkout though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk