Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #2526
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
x2... it looks like they actually tried to compensate for it and change the direction of the stripe at the edge of the bumper (top of the grille at that body line)
x3...yea, by the bumper nose looks different......uh, you don't really wear that gear when you're on the john do ya? that's just weird cause those Depends only have a certain shelf life don't they? (peee uuuuu)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 10-22-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #2527
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
RJ,
Send me the original photo. I'll photoshop measurements on it.
You still have my email?

ZooDad

Sent DInc2 via TapaTalk
Thanks Keith, sending you the photos now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
x3...yea, by the bumper nose looks different......uh, you don't really wear that gear when you're on the john do ya? that's just weird cause those Depends only have a certain shelf life don't they? (peee uuuuu)
Well I mean for certain things I take the suit off, that and the Mrs. likes it when I wear only the helmet.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #2528
Rangore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Well I mean for certain things I take the suit off, that and the Mrs. likes it when I wear only the helmet.
Current: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Current Mods: EGA on left and right windows - Solo CAT Back - Black CAI - Black Carbon Fiber Bow-tie Vinyl - Switchback LED Turn Signal bulbs - HOD Headlight bulbs - Aqua interior LED bulb - Phoenix Gold iAMP-GM1 sub box w/amp, Lorenzo WL27 wheels
No longer owned: 1993 Camaro Z-28
Rangore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #2529
The Stig

ZooDad was awesome enough to help me out with some PS skills and drew up the vertical and horizontal axes on the front on image. He thinks it might be an optical illusion due to the picture not being taken completely straight on. Either or I asked Kevin to measure the gap at the top and at the bottom and then to send me pictures with the measurements.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #2530
The Stig

Kevin got back to me. He is going to get the gap measurements for me. I'm trying not to read too much into how long it takes him to get back to me.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to be upfront with him now that if any of the dimensions are off the shop is redoing the stripes.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #2531
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Meh... might as well spill the beans.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #2532
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'd have him look over the stripes...tell him that in the pictures, it appears obvious to you that they are off. And, if they are, you'd expect that they be done right. After all, they were supposed to be done by the best of the best, right? Something about them not taking pix during the process like you asked.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #2533
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Kevin got back to me. He is going to get the gap measurements for me. I'm trying not to read too much into how long it takes him to get back to me.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to be upfront with him now that if any of the dimensions are off the shop is redoing the stripes.

Also remember that the gap can still be the right size, the stripes just might be pushed over closer to the "crease" ect thus thrown off from the others.
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #2534
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Angles play havoc with straight stripes. As you can see the corners come inward as they wrap around the spoiler.

They worked and worked to get them straight, I finally said don't worry about it.

ZooDad
ZooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #2535
The Stig

Heard back from Kevin - I called it.

Quote:
Hey RJ,
Iíve been able to get a good look at the dimensions of the graphics on the hood, and theyíre not correct. Iíve notified Dave from Zebra and heís coming out on Monday to evaluate and create another plan of action.

The mirrors and side markers are not painted like the body. We cannot achieve the ghosting process and allow full, bright operation of the LEDís. I can either paint the mirrors and mask off the LED portion or we can leave them alone. The side markers? Well, Shawn is concerned about compromising another set. I understand his perspective. My take is that they are black, currently show good output, and though they arenít painted metallic like the rest of the car, itís such a small surface area that I donít believe it will make any impact, negative or positive. I feel the same about the mirrors. This is your vehicle though, if you want them done, we will do it. Any input is appreciated.

Kevin
Personally, I think the plan of action should be "do the stripes to the dimensions I gave them. Dave is supposed to be the best, so this shouldn't be an issue."

The side markers will be staying black (PBM is close enough to the OEM black where you won't be able to tell). Then I told Kevin to just mask off the LEDs and paint the mirrors PBM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #2536
ZooDad

Bummer....

ZooDad

Sent DInc2 via TapaTalk
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #2537
ZooDad

RJ,
Any updates?

ZooDad

Sent DInc2 via TapaTalk
Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #2538
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
RJ,
Any updates?

ZooDad

Sent DInc2 via TapaTalk
Yea sorry, my grad program has kind of taken over my life. I got an email from Kevin yesterday saying that the stripes were redone and supposedly Kevin has pictures, hoping he sends them in the next email. Only thing I'm concerned about is that he said that he wasn't sure if the stripes were 100% to my specifications - so need to figure out how far off they are from 100%, and what exactly is off. I have no problem telling the vinyl guy that he needs to redo them, so that's not an issue - it's just a headache. They also painted my AAC side mirrors - no ghosting though. Which is fine, I can live with that.

Kevin and I now are just trying to work out a date when I can pick her up
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #2539
ZooDad

Good to hear its working... Slowly

Sent DInc2 via TapaTalk
Old 12-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #2540
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Yea sorry, my grad program has kind of taken over my life. I got an email from Kevin yesterday saying that the stripes were redone and supposedly Kevin has pictures, hoping he sends them in the next email. Only thing I'm concerned about is that he said that he wasn't sure if the stripes were 100% to my specifications - so need to figure out how far off they are from 100%, and what exactly is off. I have no problem telling the vinyl guy that he needs to redo them, so that's not an issue - it's just a headache. They also painted my AAC side mirrors - no ghosting though. Which is fine, I can live with that.

Kevin and I now are just trying to work out a date when I can pick her up
Richmond... are you going to VCU? And what made you decide to repaint?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #2541
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
Richmond... are you going to VCU? And what made you decide to repaint?
MCV

And in regards to the repaint - go back to March 17th in my thread. Mind you, the images are pretty graphic.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #2542
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
go back to March 17th in my thread. Mind you, the images are pretty graphic.
OHMYGOD i literally want to throw up right now... my heart rate is through the roof and i literally feel sick to my stomach after seeing that
Old 12-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #2543
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
MCV

And in regards to the repaint - go back to March 17th in my thread. Mind you, the images are pretty graphic.
HFS!! I'm glad to see she made an awesome recovery. Love watching your build man. And I was just in Richmond last night for my sister's graduation from VCU Business. MCV good for you man.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #2544
The Stig

Kaylee is finally back in my garage :happanim: Thought I would take her out for a spin today (forgetting that she still has her P Zeros on), needless to say we barely made it out of the driveway before realizing the flaw in my plan. And I'll have more pics once it's no longer sleeting/snowing outside.

The next few weeks I'll be playing catch up with all the mods I need to install. Currently the list is:

- "BLACK EDITION" door projectors
- Vararam Super Wedge
- Pedders 27mm adjustable front sway bar
- Pedders 27mm adjustable rear sway bar
- Pedders end-links
- Hurst short throw shifter (aftermarket version)
- QTP oval cut outs
- Spohn chrome moly trailing arms
- Spohn chrome moly rear toe rods
- carbon fiber armrest from G3 Composites (Alan said he'd have it done by the end of the year, will post pics when I get some)
- front toe hook (and maybe a rear toe hook as well)
- T3 grille (handmade by Ofer)

and a partridge in a pear tree. Just kidding.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #2545
The Stig

Guess who installed car parts today?!

THIS GUY!

Vararam Super Wedge. I got it at Fest from the VR guys and just got around to installing it. Haven't taken her for a drive with it yet so can't comment on how super the Super Wedge is - lol

Downside i s that I've noticed some paint chipping/scraping on the VMax throttle body and on my fuse box cover. The fuse box is from that damn radiator cover - I cannot wait to get replace it. The thing has honestly been nothing but a headache since I ordered it.

and now some pretty pictures of Kaylee's Anvil Auto spoiler and of her ass

Old 12-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #2546
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Looks great bro , car looks awesome .
Old 12-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #2547
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: RED DEMON!
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S BUDDY! BE SAFE!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #2548
The Stig

So I am torn between the SS9 hood with the inter changeable inserts, the Spetre Works hood, and the ACS hood ports. On the one hand the SS9 hood is a sleeper hood AND the interchangeable inserts would let me change it up. Though I feel like I'll be wasting that window until I clean my engine bay up a bit.

Then there's the Spetre Works hood, which is functional AND you don't see many of them. So that's a plus. Then again, I could also save money by just getting the hood ports and cutting up my stock hood. Which would probably come out to about the same after install.

I could also forget the hood and just get the T3 bumper ports. Hmmm...

Visual impact wise, what do you guys think has the biggest affect? Hood or bumper?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #2549
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
or you can get a zl1 hood LOL i will have one for sale very cheap...................i think the acs t3 ports would look great on your car get them in a matte black maybe
Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #2550
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
What the hell radiator cover you got on there. Don't get mad,you have the painted Rx throttle body ame as me. Take your air tube clamps and turn them so you tighten them on the bottom and it will almost hide them. I got the touch up matching car paint and painted the bolts holding the throttle body then clear coated them after there installed really cleans up the look of it.

Last edited by spike III; 01-04-2013 at 10:38 PM.
spike III is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1