Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #2776
2Carats
bock-bock-doodle-atta-dee

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Location: Way down younder near the hico-uh hico-uh, the cottonwo-uh, the eucalyptus tree, crambone...
Stig,
Most bar-b-ques are "outside" the vehicles or houses, and usually we try to avoid cooking up the grill or cars. On the real, I feel bad for you. I'm glad that you're okay... looks like we going shopping soon huh?

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 06-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #2777
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Done, thanks ofer

Geeze man, you have my eyes tearing up at work. I know how much you love that car.

Ill do anything I can to help.
Thank you much man - really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
If it had been totaled in a wreck you'd have all kinds of stuff that could be parted out. Problem with a fire is not much is salvageable for parts. Print out everything you sent him in emails and hand it to him to make sure nothing is "overlooked" or missed. Request a statement of accounting as to how they arrive at whatever amount they say they're going to give you, and let them know you want that BEFORE they tell you the payoff amount. Do you own the title to the car? If not, then they may try and send a check to the title holder(s) to get out of the obligation as quickly as possible. He's already indicating they aren't going to give you what you want so make noise now about seeing how they calculate the settlement before they issue it.
That's the one benefit to Gmail - I don't delete any of my emails, ever. Still owe on the car unfortunately, not enough where I'd need Gap Insurance luckily. But yea, they asked me for the lien holder info, figure I'll hold onto that until I get a break down of the payment. That way they can't just send them a check and call it a day.

No need to tell me about making noise - I'm an expert at that by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
As with everyone else I will be able to help if I can.

Go figure though with insurance they are supper stingy when it comes to fixing or replacing something but they will take your money in a heartbeat when it comes to you paying higher rates. Hope everything works out in the end!
Thank you much - I've got my fingers crossed it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Son of a bitch!!! You have to be kidding me. I always check in on your thread, and then I find this happens to you and the car. First of all, I'm really happy you are okay, and that alone is what matters. However, that doesn't eliminate the crazy sting you are feeling loosing your car. I know you put a ton of time, effort, money, and love building your car, and it was an amazing Camaro that has always been a favorite of mine. It's more than just a car regardless of what some car owners feel about their own car. I can't imagine how you feel right now, but keep your head up the best you can. I wish you the best man!
Thank you much T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
Stig,
Most bar-b-ques are "outside" the vehicles or houses, and usually we try to avoid cooking up the grill or cars. On the real, I feel bad for you. I'm glad that you're okay... looks like we going shopping soon huh?

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Shopping yes, but what I'm shopping for pretty much depends on what insurance gives me.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #2778
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Oh man I just saw what happened to your car, I am sorry sorry.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #2779
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
If it had been totaled in a wreck you'd have all kinds of stuff that could be parted out. Problem with a fire is not much is salvageable for parts. Print out everything you sent him in emails and hand it to him to make sure nothing is "overlooked" or missed. Request a statement of accounting as to how they arrive at whatever amount they say they're going to give you, and let them know you want that BEFORE they tell you the payoff amount. Do you own the title to the car? If not, then they may try and send a check to the title holder(s) to get out of the obligation as quickly as possible. He's already indicating they aren't going to give you what you want so make noise now about seeing how they calculate the settlement before they issue it.
WERD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
That's the one benefit to Gmail - I don't delete any of my emails, ever. Still owe on the car unfortunately, not enough where I'd need Gap Insurance luckily. But yea, they asked me for the lien holder info, figure I'll hold onto that until I get a break down of the payment. That way they can't just send them a check and call it a day.
talk to the junk yard and ask what they want for it as-is.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #2780
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
WERD

talk to the junk yard and ask what they want for it as-is.
You mean after GEICO pays me? Because she's technically not at a junk yard currently - it's a wrecker tow lot. So I figure she'll eventually get moved to a junk yard after it's all said and done.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #2781
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Can you post the section of your auto policy that references ACV and Settlement?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #2782
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Can you post the section of your auto policy that references ACV and Settlement?
Can't find my copy at home. Emailed GEICO and asked them to email me a soft copy. Hopefully they'll get it to me at some point tomorrow. Anything in particular I should look for Pete? And yes I'll post the ACV/settlement section, not a problem.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #2783
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Wow Rj just saw this today and I am truly speechless........

I am so sorry for your loss as you put a lot of work, time and money into Kaylee. I loved coming into your thread and seeing all the new things you had planned. But as said before the bad (in your case absolutely horrible) has to come before the good. Hopefully the insurance company will give you what you need to get back into a Camaro.
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #2784
compudiva
BLCSWAN

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Toyota 4Runner
Wow. I am sorry to hear about this but glad that you are okay.
compudiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #2785
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Wow, sorry man this really sucks. Was hoping to see your car in person sometime too, kinda considered it the gold standard for black cars. Hope you get a good settlement

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
FY_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #2786
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
At least your are ok like everyone has already stated a car can be replaced a person can not. That being said I also know how it would feel to lose your car especially with all the work you put into it. Sorry about what happend, work with the adjuster and look towards the future.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #2787
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FY_Ivan View Post
Wow, sorry man this really sucks. Was hoping to see your car in person sometime too, kinda considered it the gold standard for black cars. Hope you get a good settlement
Thank you much man, really appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
At least your are ok like everyone has already stated a car can be replaced a person can not. That being said I also know how it would feel to lose your car especially with all the work you put into it. Sorry about what happend, work with the adjuster and look towards the future.
Thank you. I've got my fingers crossed.

Also, just want to say thank you to everyone who's donated - gotten $31 so far Ofer set it up so it goes right to my PayPal account.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but the amount isn't what I want to comment on - its knowing that I don't have to go through this alone.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #2788
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Man, this is going to be such a PITA for you. I know when I just fought with my company the only way I was able to come out decent was to basically strip my Blazer X and put stock parts on it before she got towed away. Luckily for me I have a '98 S10 work truck. The parts were an even swap. So I have a Bad Assed pool truck. I'm still pissed about it after 6 months though.

You don't have this option I think the best you can do is fight for top price and salvage what you can with your invoices and hope that you come out half decent.

I wish the best for you man. I threw something to you on the Gen5DIY site I hope the little bit helps with all of this.

On a side note I've only been on this site for a few months and to see the community rally around one of it's members is incredible.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #2789
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
reading those documents is always fun...not but sucks because most people including myself dont bother to look at the fine print until its needed, they make it so damn lengthy that you dont even want to read it.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #2790
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Man, this is going to be such a PITA for you. I know when I just fought with my company the only way I was able to come out decent was to basically strip my Blazer X and put stock parts on it before she got towed away. Luckily for me I have a '98 S10 work truck. The parts were an even swap. So I have a Bad Assed pool truck. I'm still pissed about it after 6 months though.

You don't have this option I think the best you can do is fight for top price and salvage what you can with your invoices and hope that you come out half decent.

I wish the best for you man. I threw something to you on the Gen5DIY site I hope the little bit helps with all of this.

On a side note I've only been on this site for a few months and to see the community rally around one of it's members is incredible.
Thank you much, really appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #2791
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Will do Pete you think it's safe to leave the "stuff" up or should I delete it?
Take it down. and i'll delete my posts too. Oh. Wait... You can delete them for me
Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #2792
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Take it down. and i'll delete my posts too. Oh. Wait... You can delete them for me
take what down Pete
Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #2793
AntiPriuSS

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Man, I'm sorry about your car. I know words at this point can't really help as yours was one of the main inspirations for my own car. I'm just happy your ok.
AntiPriuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #2794
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPriuSS View Post
Man, I'm sorry about your car. I know words at this point can't really help as yours was one of the main inspirations for my own car. I'm just happy your ok.
Thanks man - and trust me, I know it could have been a lot worse for me physically. But still; watching Kaylee burn to the ground, not being able to do anything to stop it - it was pretty ****ed up.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #2795
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
rj i am putting euro taillights in my car and i have a set of ofers afterburners i would like to donate them to you,it might be 2 weeks untill i get them off but there yours. hope this helps.

richie
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #2796
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
rj i am putting euro taillights in my car and i have a set of ofers afterburners i would like to donate them to you,it might be 2 weeks untill i get them off but there yours. hope this helps.

richie
Thanks Richie, I've been following your euro DIY for awhile. Can't wait to see how it turns out

Don't ship them off to me just yet, still need to figure out what I'm doing for the next car - I really, strike that - I desperately want to be able to swing another camaro, but it all comes down to insurance unfortunately.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #2797
camaro2lt

Quote:
Thanks Richie, I've been following your euro DIY for awhile. Can't wait to see how it turns out

Don't ship them off to me just yet, still need to figure out what I'm doing for the next car - I really, strike that - I desperately want to be able to swing another camaro, but it all comes down to insurance unfortunately.

Yea i understand........hopefully they will pay out and get that 1le.......just think positive!

Tell your dad i said hello and i will see you guys at the Tom Henry BBQ your going right?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #2798
The Stig

Quote:
Yea i understand........hopefully they will pay out and get that 1le.......just think positive!

Tell your dad i said hello and i will see you guys at the Tom Henry BBQ your going right?
haha - that's the dream. Definitely will let my dad know you say hi. Odds are he and I probably won't be able to make it to the THR BBQ, just with work and now all of this insurance bs.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #2799
camaro2lt

Quote:
haha - that's the dream. Definitely will let my dad know you say hi. Odds are he and I probably won't be able to make it to the THR BBQ, just with work and now all of this insurance bs.

well we better see you at fest
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #2800
The Stig

Quote:
well we better see you at fest
I'll be there don't worry - fingers crossed with a new camaro too

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1