Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #2801
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
Oh God I just saw your post in the Pfadt header thread; those pictures made me sick. I am so sorry about the car, but I'm glad you're alright. You've always been a great help, and your car had to be one of my favorites. Let me know if you need anything.
Mike
Old 06-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #2802
jewel25

Drives: Jewel
I am so sorry for your loss. :(

This is what I looked like at work
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #2803
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Oh God I just saw your post in the Pfadt header thread; those pictures made me sick. I am so sorry about the car, but I'm glad you're alright. You've always been a great help, and your car had to be one of my favorites. Let me know if you need anything.
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. :(

This is what I looked like at work
Thanks guys. I'm hanging in there. Insurance said they would have a number for me some time today or tomorrow - this "limbo" state I'm in currently is absolutely torture though.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #2804
thahemp
Geek

Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Insanity. I'm sure you'll end up fine with money. I don't know what I'd do if I lost all those hours I spent on my car in a flash. Depressing to think about. Start shopping for mods... that'll make you feel better.

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #2805
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Wow.. I always wanted to see this Camaro in person too..

I'm very sorry that this happened Stig.

This may sound stupid, but if I were you I'd try to take something off of Kaylee, like an emblem, or a mirror, etc. before they haul her away. Just to have something to remember her by.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #2806
jewel25

Drives: Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post

This may sound stupid, but if I were you I'd try to take something off of Kaylee, like an emblem, or a mirror, etc. before they haul her away. Just to have something to remember her by.
That is a nice idea and put it on the new car.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #2807
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
Insanity. I'm sure you'll end up fine with money. I don't know what I'd do if I lost all those hours I spent on my car in a flash. Depressing to think about. Start shopping for mods... that'll make you feel better.
I've been window shopping camaros - not really ready to shop for mods yet. I had some carbon fiber parts from Alan (G3 Composites) the other day, nearly lost it when I opened the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post

Thanks man - I would have taken the rear bowtie, but the fire department jacked it up when they used a TNT tool to force open the trunk.

Have I ever mentioned that it's stupid how our trunks don't have a manual release?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #2808
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Stig,

I really am at a loss for words here. I do not seem to be able to put into words how sorry I am. I know how much you loved your car and how much blood, sweat and tears you put into her.

What does not kill you makes you stronger is about the only thing I can really think of. So come back bigger, badder and stronger with what you have learned by building your first and put all of that knowledge into your next one.

T.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #2809
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
No words I can say STIG!!!

But I'm down for whatever you need man!

The most important thing is that you are ok brotha!
01 Ws6, m6, ASC#618 of 1583,40k Miles,shortblock built by AES the rest built by me,Ls3 416,FAST 102, NW102,LPE Ls3 heads

Join us:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5138...3848358733509/
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #2810
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Wow this is horrible! Those pictures made me cringe! I hope it all turns out for the best for you Stig! You have a lot of friends on this forum rooting for you that's for sure! Glad you are OK and were able to get out of the car quick! Good luck!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #2811
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
wow, sorry man, glad you are ok, those pics are scary.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #2812
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Dude those pic's are brutal. Glad everything is okay man keep us all updated
Old 06-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #2813
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Drives: Chevy
Holy crap man. Know youve heard it a thousand times, but im sorry this happened. Glad your ok, thats the important thing here even though I know you loved that car! Im about to invest in a fire extinguisher too!

Donations your way buddy!
-Nick
Old 06-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #2814
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Wow, so sorry Stig!

Any chance of getting a halon system on the next car? That would give you peace of mind.
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #2815
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Let's help out any one that can help please go here, http://www.gen5diy.com/help_fund_the_new_kaylee

We dont get a cent it goes to RJ.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #2816
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Stig,

I really am at a loss for words here. I do not seem to be able to put into words how sorry I am. I know how much you loved your car and how much blood, sweat and tears you put into her.

What does not kill you makes you stronger is about the only thing I can really think of. So come back bigger, badder and stronger with what you have learned by building your first and put all of that knowledge into your next one.

T.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
No words I can say STIG!!!

But I'm down for whatever you need man!

The most important thing is that you are ok brotha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Wow this is horrible! Those pictures made me cringe! I hope it all turns out for the best for you Stig! You have a lot of friends on this forum rooting for you that's for sure! Glad you are OK and were able to get out of the car quick! Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
wow, sorry man, glad you are ok, those pics are scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Dude those pic's are brutal. Glad everything is okay man keep us all updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterSS View Post
Holy crap man. Know youve heard it a thousand times, but im sorry this happened. Glad your ok, thats the important thing here even though I know you loved that car! Im about to invest in a fire extinguisher too!

Donations your way buddy!
-Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
Wow, so sorry Stig!

Any chance of getting a halon system on the next car? That would give you peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Let's help out any one that can help please go here, http://www.gen5diy.com/help_fund_the_new_kaylee

We dont get a cent it goes to RJ.
Thanks everyone - it really means a lot knowing that Camaro5 is here to help me get through all of this.

Ofer - seriously, you're amazing. Thank you SO much, you in no way had to add that page to your website. You guys, all of you - are amazing. Thank you.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #2817
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
Wow is all I can say. I'm glad nobody was hurt though. I don't own a camaro, but I can see how much cars mean to their owners on this site and it's heartwarming. I'm so sorry to see what happened to Kaylee. I sincerely hope you get what you deserve from your insurance company. Maybe the other Mods can set something up at the Fest this year and take in donations! I'm sure every member on here is willing to help out as much as they can.

R.I.P Kaylee, a BEAUTIFUL camaro
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #2818
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Great idea I'm in.... not sure of the tax implications... probably have to 1099 the amount collected as income.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Ahem, and I'm just saying, like if someone were to buy him a part and send it to him, you might be technically right, but what Uncle Sam doesn't know, doesn't hurt us. So that's kind of how you get around that, I mean, I've heard
Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #2819
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Sorry Brother.. You've probably heard it enough so I will leave it at that.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #2820
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
OH. MY. GOD.

I haven't read too many V8 build threads, but I've always kept an eye on this one. It's been a while since I've checked in here. It's a slow day at work so I started to go through the build thread and just read the last 4-5 pages. This is absolutely horrible and from one car enthusiast to another I am truly sorry for what has happened. I pray that everything works out with your insurance company and that things will be made right.

Unfortunately it looks like you might get hosed by insurance on all of the performance mods you have done, and that really is unfortunate. If it were me I think I'd honestly take the money insurance gave me, buy something that is good and reliable and invest the rest of the money. Then when the 6th gen comes out, which is JUST around the corner I'd trade in for one of those and really trick it out. Yes it would suck for the next couple of years without a Camaro BUT with patience comes great things. Like you said, you'll never be able to replace the awesome 5th gen you had. If you get another 5th gen, you MAY always have in the back of your mind, "this is good and all but my old 5th gen was sooo much more." But if you waited for a 6th gen it would be like a fresh new start -- a whole new car. Anyways just my thoughts.

Good luck with everything. Like everyone else, I too will do what I can to help. Keep your head up man, this is going to make for one hell of a story in ten years.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #2821
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
So sorry man! i know you'll never replace her, but i hope you end up on top of all the insurance crap! Best of luck
Old 06-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #2822
kcox2010
synergy2011

Drives: 2011 synergy green 1ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to kcox2010
so soorrry man for your lost just saw the picture and that sucks best of luck stig

2011 synergy green ss/rs,rally stripes, cai with air ram scoop, hawks brake pads, solo mach x exhaust with jpipes, slp gill inserts,stainless power headers high flow cats, zl1 grille, vmax tb, chrome wheels, powder coated calipers, stainless brake lines, elite catch can,dyno jet 471/425tq,oracle black ghosted side marker, mailslot graphic, rpi design interior trim pieces, front and rear footwell lighting,afterburn sequential tailights, custom lighting engine bay, custom comp cam new era performance
kcox2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #2823
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Sorry to hear about your loss man!!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #2824
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
Wow is all I can say. I'm glad nobody was hurt though. I don't own a camaro, but I can see how much cars mean to their owners on this site and it's heartwarming. I'm so sorry to see what happened to Kaylee. I sincerely hope you get what you deserve from your insurance company. Maybe the other Mods can set something up at the Fest this year and take in donations! I'm sure every member on here is willing to help out as much as they can.

R.I.P Kaylee, a BEAUTIFUL camaro
I'm hoping to have this all behind me by then - besides I'd rather not have Fest weighed down by something like this. Thank you though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
Sorry Brother.. You've probably heard it enough so I will leave it at that.
I have, but it's still nice to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
OH. MY. GOD.

I haven't read too many V8 build threads, but I've always kept an eye on this one. It's been a while since I've checked in here. It's a slow day at work so I started to go through the build thread and just read the last 4-5 pages. This is absolutely horrible and from one car enthusiast to another I am truly sorry for what has happened. I pray that everything works out with your insurance company and that things will be made right.

Unfortunately it looks like you might get hosed by insurance on all of the performance mods you have done, and that really is unfortunate. If it were me I think I'd honestly take the money insurance gave me, buy something that is good and reliable and invest the rest of the money. Then when the 6th gen comes out, which is JUST around the corner I'd trade in for one of those and really trick it out. Yes it would suck for the next couple of years without a Camaro BUT with patience comes great things. Like you said, you'll never be able to replace the awesome 5th gen you had. If you get another 5th gen, you MAY always have in the back of your mind, "this is good and all but my old 5th gen was sooo much more." But if you waited for a 6th gen it would be like a fresh new start -- a whole new car. Anyways just my thoughts.

Good luck with everything. Like everyone else, I too will do what I can to help. Keep your head up man, this is going to make for one hell of a story in ten years.
You're pretty much spot on, which is one of the reasons why I probably won't own another black car for quite some time. Recently I've been thinking a refreshed Ashen Gray Metallic, but nothing's set in stone. The refresh rounds up to the 6th gen right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
So sorry man! i know you'll never replace her, but i hope you end up on top of all the insurance crap! Best of luck
Thanks - I'm really hoping that insurance does the right thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post
so soorrry man for your lost just saw the picture and that sucks best of luck stig
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss man!!
Thank you much, it really means a lot knowing I've got camaro5 to help me through this.

On a sort of comical note - got an email from Photobucket today. Apparently in the span of a week I reached my 10GB monthly bandwidth limit. 3 years I've had this build thread and that's never once happened lol. I upgraded to a pro account with unlimited bandwidth so no worries
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #2825
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
There is nothing I can say that hasen't already been said. You have always been a great friend to me,and always answered my questions fast for me. If you couldn't answer you new someone who could or put me in the right direction to get the answer for my build. I will never for get you are the 1 who showed me how to post up 2 start a build. Just Sorry Thxs for being such a great friend.

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1