Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #1905
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
This is what I sent the officer in response to his email, what I posted earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger
Thank you for the quick response Officer. I have attached the unaltered audio. Where will you be sending it to have it looked at? I checked the Pennsylvania state website and it appears that the Harrisburg Regional Laboratory (717-783-5554) is the only laboratory that handles multimedia evidence. I would greatly appreciate it if you are able to keep me in the loop with all of this. Thank you.
His response

Quote:
Originally Posted by the officer
First off, I would have to have permission to send something like that away because of the expense associated with it. Second, I would most likely need the actual device that recorded the audio.

Why is this such an uphill battle edit. that emoticon doesn't cover it....

Aywho, I told him that I was more than willing to pay the expenses of having the audio looked at and that I was again more than willing to give him the camera that was used to record the video/audio if he did indeed need it.

I'm starting to think about manipulating the guy's skull a little bit more now.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #1906
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Now having a background of forensic science. The camera would actually needed to be submitted as a piece of evidence so they can have what is known as a chain of custody that documents every movement and what is done to the camera/audio. Without that a good lawyer can say the voice could not even be the person in question if it is not documented and that it could have been illegally altered to make it be the persons voice, if that makes any sense. Its more complicated then it seems but its all in good favor of all our basic rights.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #1907
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Now having a background of forensic science. The camera would actually needed to be submitted as a piece of evidence so they can have what is known as a chain of custody that documents every movement and what is done to the camera/audio. Without that a good lawyer can say the voice could not even be the person in question if it is not documented and that it could have been illegally altered to make it be the persons voice, if that makes any sense. Its more complicated then it seems but its all in good favor of all our basic rights.
I totally understand the need for chain of evidence (I've watched a couple episodes of NCIS :bellyroll). This is the thing though. The camera records to an SD card. Like I said, I'm more than happy to give them the camera, but nothing will be on it. It's all on the SD card.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #1908
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

You would prob have to give them both the camera and sd or maybe just the sd. it depends on what technology the lab you want to send it to or where it will ge sent has. More sophisticated(sp?) labs have the technology to just take it off the sd card. If that happens though there could be a chance you wont get the camera and sd back for awhile all depends on the outcome of everything.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #1909
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Holy Crap... Been busy lately and so I had to go back a few pages here and get caught up... So many things come to mind, but revenge keeps floating to the top. What a wild ride... hope the dude gets his soon.

Glad to see things are getting back together here.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #1910
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
You would prob have to give them both the camera and sd or maybe just the sd. it depends on what technology the lab you want to send it to or where it will ge sent has. More sophisticated(sp?) labs have the technology to just take it off the sd card. If that happens though there could be a chance you wont get the camera and sd back for awhile all depends on the outcome of everything.
What about if the file on the SD card has been over written? Can it be recovered?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #1911
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

I'm not exactly sure I'm not really tech savy. I would think there would be a digital footprint but again idk.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #1912
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
What about if the file on the SD card has been over written? Can it be recovered?
Yes and no. Deleted and not totally ovwrwritten, then probably yes.
If card was just formated then yes.

ZooDad

Sent via DInc2 SR 1.3 using Tapatalk 2
ZooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #1913
The Stig

Carbon fiber Door Pulls from G3-Composites

Install was super easy (once I figured it out). Just had to remove the door panels and take off some of the screws holding the CF insert in place. The passenger side (did that side first) took me about an hour ish because I couldn't figure out how to get the damn door pull off of the door. I eventually figured it out, so when I did the driver's side it took me maybe 30 minutes.

back of the door panel

The door pulls have a little hook in the back that attaches to the armrest portion of the door panel. Ask me how long it took me to figure that out.

Then the door pulls also have this little catch/latch thing that holds them in place at the top. Again ask me how long it took me to figure this out.

Door panel without the door pull

window switch thingy

Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #1914
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
That CF looks good RJ!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #1915
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Very nice, I personally am not a fan of carbon fiber but that looks really good. Great job
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #1916
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
How do those CF ABL door panels work for you?

I got a pair of those a long time ago and ..... well .... I'll leave it at that... :(
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #1917
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
How do those CF ABL door panels work for you?

I got a pair of those a long time ago and ..... well .... I'll leave it at that... :(
I love them. I originally got them because it was just an awesome deal. But now that I've had them installed for a month or so I don't think I could go back.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #1918
The Stig

Quote:
This is what I sent the officer in response to his email, what I posted earlier.

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response Officer. I have attached the unaltered audio. Where will you be sending it to have it looked at? I checked the Pennsylvania state website and it appears that the Harrisburg Regional Laboratory (717-783-5554) is the only laboratory that handles multimedia evidence. I would greatly appreciate it if you are able to keep me in the loop with all of this. Thank you.
His response

Quote:
First off, I would have to have permission to send something like that away because of the expense associated with it. Second, I would most likely need the actual device that recorded the audio.

Why is this such an uphill battle edit. that emoticon doesn't cover it....

Aywho, I told him that I was more than willing to pay the expenses of having the audio looked at and that I was again more than willing to give him the camera that was used to record the video/audio if he did indeed need it.

I'm starting to think about manipulating the guy's skull a little bit more now.
Remember when I posted this? It was like two days ago. Well I called the Harrisburg Regional Laboratory to find out how much it would cost for me to pay for them to look at my video. All I can say is "WOW, you've got to be ****ing kidding me."

Let's look at what the officer told me in the email.

First.
Quote:
First off, I would have to have permission to send something like that away because of the expense associated with it.
According to the lab tech I spoke with, there is NO cost associated with sending the video to the crime lab. As the person being charged with the crime foots the bill. So we're 0 for 1 on legitimate reasons as to why he hasn't sent it to the crime lab. Oh and the lab tech was shocked, that's right shocked, that the officer hadn't sent the video to the lab already.

Second
Quote:
Second, I would most likely need the actual device that recorded the audio.
Nope. Don't need the device that recorded it, don't even need the SD card that it saved onto. All they need is a dvd with the file on it. That's it. Why? Because they can tell if the file was manipulated or not regardless if they have the original device or not. The lab tech didn't even understand why I was asking him if they needed the original recording device. So we are now 0 for 2 on legitimate reasons the officer has not sent my video to the crime lab.

After finding all of this information out I proceed to call the station and request to speak to the officer in charge of my case. Well turns out he's off until Wednesday night, and he doesn't check his emails while he's off. So I waited a little while and called back wanting to speak to one of the Sargents. They are all out on a call, I was told to call back later.

It's not like I'm trying to go over the officer's head. That's not it at all. ALL I am trying to do is find out who keyed Kaylee. That's it. OK and charge that person for felony level criminal mischief. I don't think that's too much to ask. All I want is for the justice system to work. That's it.

If nothing comes of this (which I will be NOT ok with) then I will think about playing some very elaborate practical jokes on the person.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #1919
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Remember when I posted this? It was like two days ago. Well I called the Harrisburg Regional Laboratory to find out how much it would cost for me to pay for them to look at my video. All I can say is "WOW, you've got to be ****ing kidding me."

Let's look at what the officer told me in the email.

First.

According to the lab tech I spoke with, there is NO cost associated with sending the video to the crime lab. As the person being charged with the crime foots the bill. So we're 0 for 1 on legitimate reasons as to why he hasn't sent it to the crime lab. Oh and the lab tech was shocked, that's right shocked, that the officer hadn't sent the video to the lab already.

Second

Nope. Don't need the device that recorded it, don't even need the SD card that it saved onto. All they need is a dvd with the file on it. That's it. Why? Because they can tell if the file was manipulated or not regardless if they have the original device or not. The lab tech didn't even understand why I was asking him if they needed the original recording device. So we are now 0 for 2 on legitimate reasons the officer has not sent my video to the crime lab.

After finding all of this information out I proceed to call the station and request to speak to the officer in charge of my case. Well turns out he's off until Wednesday night, and he doesn't check his emails while he's off. So I waited a little while and called back wanting to speak to one of the Sargents. They are all out on a call, I was told to call back later.

It's not like I'm trying to go over the officer's head. That's not it at all. ALL I am trying to do is find out who keyed Kaylee. That's it. OK and charge that person for felony level criminal mischief. I don't think that's too much to ask. All I want is for the justice system to work. That's it.

If nothing comes of this (which I will be NOT ok with) then I will think about playing some very elaborate practical jokes on the person.
hmmmm....makes you wonder if this frat guy has connections.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #1920
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Nope, the police are not dedicated to solving this crime because no one was hurt or killed. That's the way it works in law enforcement. Draw blood and results will come. However, the squeaky gear gets the grease. The more you call (within reason of course), the better your chances are of getting results. Parents of kidnapped or killed children have to do the same thing if the case goes cold and we're talking about a life in that situation. There's more crime than detectives and your crime sits in a pecking order. It's always been that way.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #1921
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Doubt it.

Also, I love my girlfriend. She just let me vent/rant at her for a solid 15 minutes.

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1