Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #1922
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Doubt it.


Also, I love my girlfriend. She just let me vent/rant at her for a solid 15 minutes.
I guess you have to keep pressing the issue and exhaust all avenues....
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #1923
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I guess you have to keep pressing the issue and exhaust all avenues....
I've got an appointment to see the assistant chief tomorrow afternoon.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #1924
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I've got an appointment to see the assistant chief tomorrow afternoon.
Good Luck
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #1925
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Good Luck
+1
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #1926
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 5,565
i put in my new door panels and the freaking screws made dots on my panel soo i got a new panel and now i only have one dot
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #1927
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,563
Like I was saying, go to that guys Sergeant. Is the person you are talking to an Officer or a Detective?

Also, you say the suspect foots the bill for processing. What if they don't get the info they need on the DVD? Who pays for it then? You or the dept and what would the cost be?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #1928
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
i put in my new door panels and the freaking screws made dots on my panel soo i got a new panel and now i only have one dot
I feel yea Richie. I've got like 4 dots in my passenger panel. But you can only really see them when your looking for them.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1929
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Like I was saying, go to that guys Sergeant. Is the person you are talking to an Officer or a Detective?

Also, you say the suspect foots the bill for processing. What if they don't get the info they need on the DVD? Who pays for it then? You or the dept and what would the cost be?
He's an officer. When I called yesterday asking to speak to the Sergeant on duty the officer on the phone told me that my officer was the only one who could work on my case.

I don't know what happens if they don't catch the guy. But like I said before, I'm more than happy to foot the bill.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1930
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
He's an officer. When I called yesterday asking to speak to the Sergeant on duty the officer on the phone told me that my officer was the only one who could work on my case.

I don't know what happens if they don't catch the guy. But like I said before, I'm more than happy to foot the bill.
It's the same out here. A officer is assigned to your case and He is the only one that will help you. Hope they catch they prick

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #1931
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Just got back from my meeting with the Assistant Chief. It went really well. I have to give thanks to ZooDad for the pointers. So it's both good news and bad news about the crime lab. Good news is that the Assistant Chief was more than happy to send the video to the crime lab, which is awesome. Bad news is that the usual turn around time for the crime lab is 3 weeks to 3 months. I'm hoping because its just a multimedia and not like blood/DNA related that it'll be a fast turn around time.


Also, and this is just kind of funny. So I hadn't driven Kaylee since I installed the door pulls a few days ago. Well I pull into the police station parking lot, put her in neutral, turned the car off, pulled the door handle twice (because the first time unlocks it).........and nothing. So I pull the door handle a few more times. Realizing that there isn't much tension on the door handle.... I didn't reattach the cable that goes to the door handle. So that's what I'll be doing in little bit. Good rule of thumb: measure twice, cut once, and always double check your work.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #1932
SinisterEcho


 
SinisterEcho's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arvada, Co
Posts: 9,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Just got back from my meeting with the Assistant Chief. It went really well. I have to give thanks to ZooDad for the pointers. So it's both good news and bad news about the crime lab. Good news is that the Assistant Chief was more than happy to send the video to the crime lab, which is awesome. Bad news is that the usual turn around time for the crime lab is 3 weeks to 3 months. I'm hoping because its just a multimedia and not like blood/DNA related that it'll be a fast turn around time.


Also, and this is just kind of funny. So I hadn't driven Kaylee since I installed the door pulls a few days ago. Well I pull into the police station parking lot, put her in neutral, turned the car off, pulled the door handle twice (because the first time unlocks it).........and nothing. So I pull the door handle a few more times. Realizing that there isn't much tension on the door handle.... I didn't reattach the cable that goes to the door handle. So that's what I'll be doing in little bit. Good rule of thumb: measure twice, cut once, and always double check your work.
It's good that you are getting somewhere with the PD.

I did the same thing in my 94 Honda... But I never went back and fixed it lol. I ended up junking it for 200 more than I paid on it.
__________________
My Mod Journal <-- Its updated... again!
SinisterEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #1933
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
I have decided that I am going to learn how to lay carbon fiber. In my head this will be cheaper in the long run. Got a starter kit from somewhere online (don't remember the site), but I've got 12"x50" of 2x2 twill weave CF to play with. Hoping to start experimenting next week once the kit arrives. Praying this doesn't turn around to bite me.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #1934
blackswan

 
blackswan's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nearby
Posts: 1,204
Wow you are a DIY force not to be reckoned with
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #1935
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Wow you are a DIY force not to be reckoned with
Eh, I just like working with my hands. When I was a kid I would take apart appliances and whatnot (usually putting them back together with pieces left over - I made them more efficient). I'm also very against paying full price for things (no offense to vendors that I've bought from or anything). I can probably count on two hands the number of parts/mods I have bought at full price.

I also love carbon fiber and have wanted to try it out for awhile now. I found a really good DIY on how to build your own surfboard. The concept is basically the exact same as laying carbon fiber, except instead of a car part its a surfboard.

http://www.surfersteve.com/introduction.htm
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #1936
racer778
Camaro Sold
 
racer778's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio Texas
Posts: 879
lots of videos out there. one thing you need to do is understand the twill, thickness etc. the thicker the weave the harder it is to wrap. Also make sure the resin you buy will cure at the speed you want it to. there is 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 ratios and so on. nice to here you are making progress.
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #1937
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
When you're done with all this carbon fiber stuff come over to my house. I have some projects you can help me with.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #1938
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer778 View Post
lots of videos out there. one thing you need to do is understand the twill, thickness etc. the thicker the weave the harder it is to wrap. Also make sure the resin you buy will cure at the speed you want it to. there is 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 ratios and so on. nice to here you are making progress.
I'll definite be watching a lot of videos. It's not a lot of progress, but it is progress. Baby steps right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
When you're done with all this carbon fiber stuff come over to my house. I have some projects you can help me with.
Of course, let me know when you want me to wrap your ZL1
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! KMPrenger Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 582 11-16-2015 05:03 PM
Official AustinJames "Oh My Bad" Camaro Thread [COTW 1/2/12] austinjames Member Car Journals 202 12-12-2014 10:14 AM
Zabo's '00 T/A Build Thread CamaroSpike23 4th Generation Camaros 514 07-05-2013 12:26 PM
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 7 02-20-2013 12:04 AM
Motorgen LA Invasion Videos (58) and Pics Thread SeanPlunk USA - California 5 05-31-2009 02:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.