Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #1597
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Not sure of how it is in your county, but I applied for and recieved my concealed carry permit in about 20 minutes in fayette county. Doesn't apply to federal buildings of course, but does in a residential neighborhood, like where your car is parked. Some people deserve a hollow point

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #1598
cam99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
But this will.

Ouch, the 10 round clip in my saiga with 3" mags hurts after a couple clips, let alone a full auto 30 round!

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
@ PRP with 1100DA
Old 03-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #1599
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
Not sure of how it is in your county, but I applied for and recieved my concealed carry permit in about 20 minutes in fayette county. Doesn't apply to federal buildings of course, but does in a residential neighborhood, like where your car is parked. Some people deserve a hollow point
Hmm might have to look into that then. Crawford county is pretty lax about gun stuff. You just go into the local court house and fill out the paperwork?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #1600
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
wire tap is BS. What state is that in again? Curious about their law.

If you are in a public place, you have every right to record whatever the hell you want. How do you think paparazzi get photos of people when they don't want to be recorded? What's the purpose of banks surveillance cameras? ATM cameras? I know you said audio (and banks/atm's are video), but ....meh, lets stick with the below example first.

You should have asked the officer, "so, when I pull out my cell phone and strike up my video camera installed on it, do I need to get permission from every person the camera might come across before I hit record?"

With all due respect.... bullshit.

"Your honor, I make a motion to dismiss the video/audio evidence based on the fact that my client never gave permission for the owner of the car to record him."

"Motion denied...as the owner of the car never gave your client permission to stand next to his car in the first place resulting which resulted in your client keying it. Tell your client he should be more careful which car he stands next to and keys next time."

Dumb shit.

Now I'm as pissed as you!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #1601
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
RJ, I'm so sorry for you man. Poor Kaylee! I'm sick to my stomach seeing this. If there is anything I can do to help I'm a short drive away... and I was born and raised in Youngstown... so I know people.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #1602
cam99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Hmm might have to look into that then. Crawford county is pretty lax about gun stuff. You just go into the local court house and fill out the paperwork?
yup. go to the courthouse, fill out some paperwork, they do a background check, take your picture, and give you a laminated card like a drivers licence, and out the door. think it cost around $25.00 and is good for several years

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
@ PRP with 1100DA
Old 03-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #1603
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
wire tap is BS. What state is that in again? Curious about their law.

If you are in a public place, you have every right to record whatever the hell you want. How do you think paparazzi get photos of people when they don't want to be recorded? What's the purpose of banks surveillance cameras? ATM cameras? I know you said audio (and banks/atm's are video), but ....meh, lets stick with the below example first.

You should have asked the officer, "so, when I pull out my cell phone and strike up my video camera installed on it, do I need to get permission from every person the camera might come across before I hit record?"

With all due respect.... bullshit.

"Your honor, I make a motion to dismiss the video/audio evidence based on the fact that my client never gave permission for the owner of the car to record him."

"Motion denied...as the owner of the car never gave your client permission to stand next to his car in the first place resulting which resulted in your client keying it. Tell your client he should be more careful which car he stands next to and keys next time."

Dumb shit.

Now I'm as pissed as you!
Pennsylvania. I agree it's total BS. But if you think about banks and what not, they only record video no audio. I mean it's still BS either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
RJ, I'm so sorry for you man. Poor Kaylee! I'm sick to my stomach seeing this. If there is anything I can do to help I'm a short drive away... and I was born and raised in Youngstown... so I know people.
Thanks. I'm waiting until this progress a little further before breaking out the black suburbans
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
yup. go to the courthouse, fill out some paperwork, they do a background check, take your picture, and give you a laminated card like a drivers licence, and out the door. think it cost around $25.00 and is good for several years
Will definitely be looking into that then
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #1604
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
You can run 30 boom mics off of your car if you want. It is private property, and even an extension of the home.

Now stick a boom mic into your neighbors house, you've got a problem. We have mics on our belts for traffic stops along with dashcam. Don't see how this would ever be a problem. And if it is, let a judge throw out the audio, not you.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #1605
GPC1

Drives: Camaro SS
Sorry to be reading this...again. What a shame.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #1606
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
OMG, OMG...I go fishing for a few days and come back to this...I simply can not believe what I saw.

Did it have a time stamp? Meaning what time of the day/night it happened? I might just have to have some buddys at each end of the street and wait till theyt come back......

I simply can't believe this........

The wire tap thing IS BS...with technology EVERYONE records everything and no one has went to jail or gotten things throwed out in court...........especially when they are recording a crime.........I would like to see the judge throw out a child molestor because his voice was on a video..........I call BS on that.

Take Kaylee home...........shooting someone is not worth it. Let AJ get the video straight and even if nothing is done you will know who did it ....simply knock on his door. I am sure you can get it resolved then.....LOL. Just use the amount of force necessary........LOL
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #1607
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Stopped by to see how the first incident was coming along and found this

Like Jkel mentioned, do you know the time? Any local outdoor cams that may have picked up traffic nearby at the same time?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #1608
The Stig

The video is time stamped. 3:03:50am it starts and ends at 3:04:30 ish. No other video cameras. I sent an email to the owners of the house and asked them to install a motion sensitive flood light. But I'm going home in 2 weeks and Kaylee might become a garage queen for awhile.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #1609
The Stig

I called the insurance company over the weekend. The adjuster (same one as last time) is coming tomorrow morning at 9:30. No matter what he estimates, at the end of the day Kaylee is basically getting fully repainted.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #1610
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Hey man, I'm sorry to see and hear that... as stated by others, couldn't respond right away and also sick to my stomach watching and hearing that. I'm at work, so I can't see any of the pics, but I'll look when I get home. Definitely need to leave Kaylee at home man... :(

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1