Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #2951
Sales@billetcustom

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
WOW just saw this really sorry to hear about you car
Sales@billetcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #2952
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
i know how you feel. when i ad my first camaro i got ran off the road by an18-wheeler, totaled mine. i was speechless, in shock and wanted to change the hands of time. something great came of it though because what i have now is truly a blessing! Hang in there! the limbo process is the hardest part!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #2953
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Not saying you're wrong, but I doubt even the investigator will have it in this short of a time frame...and unless it's considered "suspicious" or possibly criminal or whatever, it's probably just a run-of-the mill report for statisical records with pretty generic info on it...

Suspicious or criminal would be on the PD report and trump the FDs anyhow...

But, yeah, couldn't hurt to make a few phone calls..see if there is a report you could get....May be no biggie depending on the circumstances and the agencies involved...
I mean, it'll have been 18 days since her accident, but I can't imagine the report saying anything really bad. I mean only thing that could be viewed as hinky would be how calm I was during the 911 call, but 3 years as an EMT/firefighter explains that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE@BILLETCUSTOM View Post
WOW just saw this really sorry to hear about you car
Thank you much Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROD View Post
i know how you feel. when i ad my first camaro i got ran off the road by an18-wheeler, totaled mine. i was speechless, in shock and wanted to change the hands of time. something great came of it though because what i have now is truly a blessing! Hang in there! the limbo process is the hardest part!
Aw man I can't imagine. Thanks for the kind words though, I'm sure once I meet with the investigator and get all that cleared up this should be behind me. Fingers crossed anyway.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #2954
The Stig

So......my day just got interesting

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301769
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #2955

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

...lol...don't mean to laugh, but you gotta be kidding me....I think the publicity status and the high profile of this whole thing should get you into a new ZL-1 or a Z/28 sooner than later...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #2956
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...lol...don't mean to laugh, but you gotta be kidding me....I think the publicity status and the high profile of this whole thing should get you into a new ZL-1 or a Z/28 sooner than later...lol...
No worries on the laughing, I posted the link because I'm honestly just curious. I'm not going to try and figure out what caused the fire, that'll be pretty much impossible - I just want to see if all these fires have similar and/or the same burn pattern.

Edit: a Zed would be a nice way for GM to make me feel better.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #2957
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Sorry to hear about what happened to your car! I've been trying to catch up on your info with everything.

PM me. I have a few things I have to speak to you about.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 06-13-2013 at 10:04 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #2958
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Sorry to hear about what happened to your car! I've been trying to catch up on your info with everything.

PM me. I have a few things I have to speak to you about.
Thank you much, replied to your PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #2959
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
I now remember looking at your car at CFest. That makes this even worse to me. After skimming through alot of these pages, I am left with one missed piece of the pie question...Was there damage or an incident that prompted the new paint back then? I'm mostly referring to all the green writing on the car.

Good luck on your replacement for Kaylee and the "investigation" piece of this mess.

Darryl
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #2960
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
I now remember looking at your car at CFest. That makes this even worse to me. After skimming through alot of these pages, I am left with one missed piece of the pie question...Was there damage or an incident that prompted the new paint back then? I'm mostly referring to all the green writing on the car.

Good luck on your replacement for Kaylee and the "investigation" piece of this mess.

Darryl
Jump to March 17th 2012 (and yes, I remember the date - probably don't ever forget May 30th 2013 either)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4660528

Last edited by The Stig; 06-14-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: just linking the post, too hard to post the pics
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #2961
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:

Read that earlier and immediately thought of you..
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #2962
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Read that earlier and immediately thought of you..
Yep - I'm still trying to get information as to what exactly GM is "investigating." I mean the camaro in the article was a 2012 LS - brand new and completely stock. Kaylee was a 2011 2SS and very far from stock.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #2963
BrainleSS
Working on my 2nd one!

Drives: '10 ABM 2SS. 427 LSX Twin Turbo
Sorry to hear about Kaylee! But the third one could be a charm, if you choose to go that route. Keep your head up Stig!

Curtis
BrainleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #2964
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Here for you!

I knew about your situations from reading your posts on other threads and seeing your sig, but I decided the other day after you commented on my thread to go back... back to the beginning. I read quite a few pages then, but today... I have spent 6 hours reading this thread. I have gone through 80 pages of this thread and I few like I know your whole life story! It really is a shame what happened to Kaylee. I was a bit late to the finish line, but I got there and all I have to say is I am soooooo sorry for your loss. I thought it was bad when I saw the extent that your car was keyed the second time (not trying to bring back bad memories ) but then I saw the extent to which your car was incinerated. I became nauseous. I wish there was something I could do to help, but unfortunately, all I can do is give you my kind words and wish you the best! I hope you can get another camaro soon! Maybe we will get ours at around the same time and exchange pics! Keep in touch -Kaleb
Old 06-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #2965
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Im real sorry about your car Stig. Its tough losing all the time and effort put into a car but hopefully something good will come of this.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #2966
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sorry for your loss dude, glad you're ok! I use to have my fire extinguisher in my car but I took it out for weight savings. That crap is going right back in my car!!!
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #2967
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainleSS View Post
Sorry to hear about Kaylee! But the third one could be a charm, if you choose to go that route. Keep your head up Stig!

Curtis
Thank you much man, I'm trying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
I knew about your situations from reading your posts on other threads and seeing your sig, but I decided the other day after you commented on my thread to go back... back to the beginning. I read quite a few pages then, but today... I have spent 6 hours reading this thread. I have gone through 80 pages of this thread and I few like I know your whole life story! It really is a shame what happened to Kaylee. I was a bit late to the finish line, but I got there and all I have to say is I am soooooo sorry for your loss. I thought it was bad when I saw the extent that your car was keyed the second time (not trying to bring back bad memories ) but then I saw the extent to which your car was incinerated. I became nauseous. I wish there was something I could do to help, but unfortunately, all I can do is give you my kind words and wish you the best! I hope you can get another camaro soon! Maybe we will get ours at around the same time and exchange pics! Keep in touch -Kaleb
Thank you Kaleb, sorry you had to spend so long catching up on my thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
Im real sorry about your car Stig. Its tough losing all the time and effort put into a car but hopefully something good will come of this.
That's the dream, though no camaro could ever replace Kaylee (not even a Z/28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
Sorry for your loss dude, glad you're ok! I use to have my fire extinguisher in my car but I took it out for weight savings. That crap is going right back in my car!!!
Haha - it's worth the extra weight for that one time you need it.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #2968
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
At this point you just have to KCCO and accept that bigger and better things are in the future.

I know it sucks bad, but this is by no means the end of a dream, and Kaylee will always be remembered...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #2969
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Ughhhh!!!!!! 666 post...editing to 667.
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #2970
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
I couldn't make this my 666th post...not right

Ive been gone for a month and come back to this...and first off I am truly sorry. My last car caught on fire in my parents garage and it is the worst feeling seeing your car burn. I can so relate. You have done so much for this community and it does and doesn't surprise me all of the sincere feelings members have expressed to you. I wish you the best of luck
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #2971
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Thanks for catching me up on the March 17 and thereafter Stig..I missed that section ...and the follow on video "capture".. until the next "shoot-out" eposode...geezzsh

Good luck
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #2972
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
At this point you just have to KCCO and accept that bigger and better things are in the future.

I know it sucks bad, but this is by no means the end of a dream, and Kaylee will always be remembered...
Excactly man - just got to pick myself back up and get back behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
I couldn't make this my 666th post...not right

Ive been gone for a month and come back to this...and first off I am truly sorry. My last car caught on fire in my parents garage and it is the worst feeling seeing your car burn. I can so relate. You have done so much for this community and it does and doesn't surprise me all of the sincere feelings members have expressed to you. I wish you the best of luck
haha - no worries about the post. Thank you for that though, I really do appreciate it. It truly is amazing how people who I've only met once or twice, or in some cases never at all, are there to help me get back up after all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Thanks for catching me up on the March 17 and thereafter Stig..I missed that section ...and the follow on video "capture".. until the next "shoot-out" eposode...geezzsh

Good luck
Yeaaaaa.....Kaylee's had a pretty busy year to say the least.

Just a quick update with insurance - my meeting with the SIU investigator (they really should be called detectives if they're wanting to keep the SVU theme) is at 11:30 this morning. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #2973
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Quote:

Just a quick update with insurance - my meeting with the SIU investigator (they really should be called detectives if they're wanting to keep the SVU theme) is at 11:30 this morning. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

Good luck, im sure itll go smoothly.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #2974
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Good luck, im sure itll go smoothly.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #2975
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1