Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
KP Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #188
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Photo of Kaylee from the Great Falls Cars and Coffee yesterday.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #189
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Put on the black gorilla lug nuts yesterday. They look a LOT better than the OEM silver ones. It's also a really cool look on the wheels, as they are matte black and the nuts are gloss black. I have to admit though, I'm a little paranoid about losing the key to the lug nuts. I feel like that would end terribly. I will post pictures later tonight once I get home not to worry.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #190
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Put on the black gorilla lug nuts yesterday. They look a LOT better than the OEM silver ones. It's also a really cool look on the wheels, as they are matte black and the nuts are gloss black. I have to admit though, I'm a little paranoid about losing the key to the lug nuts. I feel like that would end terribly. I will post pictures later tonight once I get home not to worry.
There is a code for the key that should have come with the lug nuts. That way if you lose the key you can call Gorilla and they can send you a new key based on that code. I keep that code in a file folder at home.

Also, I'm told many wheel shops have a master key for gorilla locks. (I can't confirm that though.)
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #191
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
There is a code for the key that should have come with the lug nuts. That way if you lose the key you can call Gorilla and they can send you a new key based on that code. I keep that code in a file folder at home.

Also, I'm told many wheel shops have a master key for gorilla locks. (I can't confirm that though.)
yea I put the key on the inside of my owners manual. Though now the problem becomes if I ever lose my owners manual. Why that'd be nice if garages had a master key, I feel that would be a huge liability for Gorilla. Like if one of those master keys got into the wrong hands and what not.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #192
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Yes I am aware she is a dirty dirty girl



__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #193
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
yea I put the key on the inside of my owners manual. Though now the problem becomes if I ever lose my owners manual. Why that'd be nice if garages had a master key, I feel that would be a huge liability for Gorilla. Like if one of those master keys got into the wrong hands and what not.
I guess what I mean is there should be a sticker in the box with the gorilla lug nuts. It has a code printed on it. You can use that to get a new key from gorilla if you need to.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #194
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
And yes, your car is dirty!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #195
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I guess what I mean is there should be a sticker in the box with the gorilla lug nuts. It has a code printed on it. You can use that to get a new key from gorilla if you need to.
Yea no sorry, I shouldn't have used that word. I put the sticker with the code on the inside cover of my owners manual.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #196
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Yea no sorry, I shouldn't have used that word. I put the sticker with the code on the inside cover of my owners manual.
gotcha.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #197
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,862
Nice thing about black, when it's dirty it just looks pisst off
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #198
bob vogel

 
Drives: 2010 rs ss
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: calif
Posts: 801
did you get your bassani sys on the car yet?
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #199
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
did you get your bassani sys on the car yet?
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #200
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
did you get your bassani sys on the car yet?
No not yet. I checked in with them last week and they are still waiting on the x-pipe to come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
yea yea I know I know. I'm doing my heritage grille this weekend so hopefully that will hold you jackals over for a while.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #201
bob vogel

 
Drives: 2010 rs ss
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: calif
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
No not yet. I checked in with them last week and they are still waiting on the x-pipe to come in.


yea yea I know I know. I'm doing my heritage grille this weekend so hopefully that will hold you jackals over for a while.
i'll give them a kick for you.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #202
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
i'll give them a kick for you.
please and thank you.


Just found out that Emblem Pros got licensing approval to do GM logos. So I sent Roger a PM, hopefully we can get the wheels turning on the BLACK concept door sills.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #203
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
Score! Road Rage's door panels arrived today. I'm not bothering to unpack them as they are just going to get shipped back out in the next few days anyway.



This means I can finally get the ball rolling on my black chrome door and dash panels. Though I shouldn't get anybody's hopes up, lest my own. Once I send them out to Chris (6liter) it will probably be about a month ish until I get them back. Still though, it's progress so super excited.

I also just gave my credit card over to Bassani, the x-pipe should be in Gary is going to double check tomorrow. So hopefully they will ship out in these next few days. Don't expect to get them by the weekend, and then next weekend I am going to a wedding in Rochester so that's a scrap. Looks like 1st weekend in August I'll be putting these bad boys on.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #204
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Where is the wedding in Rochester? (I'm from Rochester.)
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! KMPrenger Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 582 11-16-2015 05:03 PM
Official AustinJames "Oh My Bad" Camaro Thread [COTW 1/2/12] austinjames Member Car Journals 202 12-12-2014 10:14 AM
Zabo's '00 T/A Build Thread CamaroSpike23 4th Generation Camaros 514 07-05-2013 12:26 PM
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 7 02-20-2013 12:04 AM
Motorgen LA Invasion Videos (58) and Pics Thread SeanPlunk USA - California 5 05-31-2009 02:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.