Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #276
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Is BLK taken?

Roughly how long order to deliver did it take for your visors? I'm looking at those too (and about everything else they make)
Old 08-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #277
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
FTW can also be interpreted as F the world...

Good luck with the new license plate and let me know how the showstoppers thing turns out. I was considering getting some parts from them and want to know that the customer service is there.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #278
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Is BLK taken?

Roughly how long order to deliver did it take for your visors? I'm looking at those too (and about everything else they make)
BLK is taken unfortunately. But I could get SS-BLACK.

They have not arrived yet, but Indopwr said they were in the mail so probably get them sometime this week. That would put it at a week and a half to two weeks for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
FTW can also be interpreted as F the world...

Good luck with the new license plate and let me know how the showstoppers thing turns out. I was considering getting some parts from them and want to know that the customer service is there.
Ah didn't even think of someone reading it as that. Thanks Jay. Will do, I sent Showstoppers another email explaining that their isn't any way to "play" with the cover. If I want to be able to open my fuse box then the driver's side of the cover is all skewed. Then I politely re-asked about the RPI shipping label.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #279
garcmol

John has showstopper's radiator cover too.....I don't remember him saying RPI was anywhere on the box when he got it. Plus his was cut out with DR JKEL on it and he was in contact with them the whole time. Weird.

Had to find the picture. Look at his radiator cap. Same deal ~ isn't centered. Hadn't noticed that until I really looked.

Also, his has a bend at the CAI end and it covers that upper radiator hose. something isn't adding up here.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #280
hokie2012

Drives: Chevy 1500
For a plate what about:

BLKSS
BLACKSS
BLKNBLU
hokie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #281
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
FWIW, I've had very good experiences with Showstopper. Their paint work is second to none. That is worth a lot to me.

RPI did a terrible job with the paint work on the taillight bezels I bought from them. I then sent my stock bezels to Showstopper and had Pete paint them. They are perfect. I wish I could get my money back from RPI, but he didn't reply to my last email about it.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #282
The Stig

yea I sent a PM to RPI asking them what was up with me getting my Showstoppers parts in a box that was labeled as coming from their company, have yet to hear back. I don't doubt that Pete's paint is top notch, I mean from the photos of your calipers alone he won me over. But my situation has fishy written all over it and I just want to get to the bottom of it. Where's a team of meddling kids with a talking dog when you need one.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #283
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
FWIW, I've had very good experiences with Showstopper. Their paint work is second to none. That is worth a lot to me.

RPI did a terrible job with the paint work on the taillight bezels I bought from them. I then sent my stock bezels to Showstopper and had Pete paint them. They are perfect. I wish I could get my money back from RPI, but he didn't reply to my last email about it.
True. He ordered Showstopper as well and a box from RPI shows up. Hmmmmmm that is strange.

And there are some differences in John's and Stieger's. At least on the radiator cover.

Last edited by garcmol; 08-03-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: misspelled name
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #284
The Stig

Quote:
And there are some differences in John's and Stieger's. At least on the radiator cover.
Do you happen to have any pics of Johns that you could upload? I'd like to see another Showstopper's one to compare mine to if it's not too much trouble.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #285
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Do you happen to have any pics of Johns that you could upload? I'd like to see another Showstopper's one to compare mine to if it's not too much trouble.
Go back one page, lol. I'll see if I can find some more too.

This is from Showstopper's site. See how the cover is long enough to cover the upper radiator hose? I don't know why yours is shorter.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #286
The Stig

Yea mine does not do that, nor does it have that bend on the driver's side either. I'm starting to think someone is trying to pull a fast one on me, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let that happen. I got Chevrolet to buy me a new camaro, and I'll be damned if I don't get the correct parts from the correct vendor when I make an order.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #287
Darth_Emma

Showstopper has different style radiator shrouds I believe depending on your intake.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #288
The Stig

These are the two covers offered by showstoppers. Both have that little bend in them.

Name:  1__16222.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  130.6 KB

Name:  1__62319.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  80.7 KB
Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #289
garcmol

Quote:
Showstopper has different style radiator shrouds I believe depending on your intake.
Yes, but they ALL cover that upper radiator hose.......Now, design changes or something like that....maybe.

Something's afoot at the Circle K, I believe.

This was the best I could find of John's. All of his pics have the end cut off!

Last edited by garcmol; 08-03-2011 at 04:55 PM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #290
The Stig

Got a PM. I'm on the iPhone now so I can't quote and such, but I got an answer to the RPI question. Supposedly, Showstoppers uses RPI to do their hydro-imaging. So that answers that one, I guess

The jury is still out as to why my cover doesn't have a bend in it.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #291
The Stig

so glad that today didn't end on a bad note. I've been emailing back and forth with AAC trying to see what it will take to get them to produce their concept side mirrors. Well the ball is rolling on that, slowly, but it is rolling. Any who, in the process of doing all of this Justin asked me if I wanted to test and then write up a review for their reverse lights. Of course I said yes, I mean DUH come on. So fingers are crossed that he will be able to send them out by the end of the week. Oh and best part about me testing the reverse lights.....is that they're free

Also, I was updating my mod list in my OP and wow, I have a lot of parts I need to install. Basically I've been swapped and work and have been pushing back the suspension mods until I could do them all at once to save time/moneys. So don't worry, they are going to be installed. Well heck, everything is going to be installed by the 28th as that's when I make the trip back up to school.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #292
hokie2012

Drives: Chevy 1500
pm me with where you go to school, have a few other ?? too that are better for pm
hokie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #293
The Stig

Feel free to ask them (this goes for everybody, no such thing as a stupid question), I'm pretty open about stuffs. But regardless, I sent you a PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #294
The Stig

Update time:

Still emailing back with Showstoppers. I was told that because I have an Injen they did not put the bend in as it didn't need it. Personally, I like the bend, it covers up that other big radiator hose. Either or, I'm going to attempt installing it again tonight (possibly with video so I can show Showstoppers that it just isn't working). Hopefully it will fit and what not.

The door kick panels fit fine, I'm thinking that I will just install them with some silicon that I have left over from my halo installation. I don't want to use 3M mounting tape because of how thick it is, it'd be awkward if the kick panels were sticking out from the door panel.

That's it. I'm again hoping that my new visors arrived, but if not whatever no big deal.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #295
Darth_Emma

I'm waiting to see pictures of your DSV visors before ordering a set.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #296
Forza
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPM1678 View Post
so when do u get kaylee?
Consider it done!
Attached Images

Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #297
The Stig

Quote:
I'm waiting to see pictures of your DSV visors before ordering a set.
Knowing Jon (Indopwr) I know they're going to be top notch quality, so not too worried.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #298
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Steiger sorry missed this for a little bit been messing with SAVINI, YEAH,,,,NOT.

My Radiator Shroud was actually made by RPI. I had contacted Roger about a Bowtie for my hood and he mentioned that he did the radiator shroud...hmmmm. I think what Pete does is used Roger to Laset Cut certain items and them paints them himself, I Guess.

Mine is a little off centered as well......not really much you can do about it besides send it back........It took a very long time to get mine. I Just now got the correct caps yesterday and I ordered Dec 28,2010 but at least I got them.

I am with you on this accessory thing though, it is so frustrating to buy things and WAIT then you get them and have issues or you wait for a show to come and buy them direct and then still have issues kinda like the AAC LED Sidemarker lights and the water issues......makes no sense to me. They look great but the water issues should have already been taken care of.

From what I understand Pete has a body shop or a collision repair center and does this on the side as well.

I can find flaws in ANY paint job and Petes are no exception, better than most but no perfect. The only PERFECT finish I have seen is from the Hydro-imaging people that were at the Fbodygathering in Atlanta in May, their stuff was flawless. No trash, fisheyes etc....

Hopefully your issues get taken care of quickly and you can enjoy your mods more.

I'll try and get some more pictures and post them for you.
John
Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #299
garcmol

Well then, I gave ya some bad info. Thought John's were from Showstopper. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #300
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Well then, I gave ya some bad info. Thought John's were from Showstopper. Sorry for any confusion.
Oh I bought them from Showstopper.....he just had RPI make it......

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1