Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #2024
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
did u make the pillars or did alan make them?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #2025
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
did u make the pillars or did alan make them?
Alan.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #2026
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
curious for the estimate....lol

Afraid, actually....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #2027
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
curious for the estimate....lol

Afraid, actually....
you've got to be ****ing kidding me. This is just the total, I figured it wasn't necessary to post the whole estimate with the labor and whatnot, for them to paint the non-damaged panels. However, if someone wants to see it/give me their thoughts on it I am more than happy to post it. So this estimate includes all the labor and prep to paint the front bumper, hood ( shouldn't insurance cover that), passenger fender, passenger door, driver and passenger side mirror, passenger rear quarter panel, roof, and rear bumper. Call me cheap, but I feel like this is a bit steep - mind you they are also considered to be the best in the area. So I'm sure the "you get what you pay for" rule applies here.

Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 589
Size:  28.4 KB

On the estimate he included repainting the hood and spoiler. Which makes no sense since they are both being covered by insurance.

This was his response when I asked him why painting the hood and spoiler were in the estimate when insurance was covering it. I was under the impression that they were going to repaint the whole hood. If they're just planning on throwing some touch up paint on there then Kaylee's coming home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body shop guy
The hood –to repair all the rock chips (they are separate from the scratches)
The spoiler- rear bumper lower spoiler/ground effect
Maybe it's just me, and maybe I just have high standards, but won't they have to repaint the whole hood in order to repair the key marks?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #2028
The Stig

Finally getting around to framing the brochure Mike Judge sent me. Here's a link to my original post about it --> LINK

So million dollar question: black or silver? I'm thinking black personally.

On a side note: getting stuff framed is expensive
Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #2029
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
silver... and yes, its expensive
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #2030
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
silver... and yes, its expensive
Silver here also... and roger on the expensive... what a racket...

As for painting the hood, I would certainly go somewhere else... and you can also look into a replacement hood.... one w/o the chips in it... I got one for a hundred dollars, factory hood... and I'm going to paint it myself... in fact, it's CGM... It came off of Racer778's car... I wonder how much it would be to ship them, trade you out... My spare hood will be for racing only... and I am going to paint it so the rock chips are of no concern...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #2031
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Silver here also... and roger on the expensive... what a racket...

As for painting the hood, I would certainly go somewhere else... and you can also look into a replacement hood.... one w/o the chips in it... I got one for a hundred dollars, factory hood... and I'm going to paint it myself... in fact, it's CGM... It came off of Racer778's car... I wonder how much it would be to ship them, trade you out... My spare hood will be for racing only... and I am going to paint it so the rock chips are of no concern...
They are repainting the hood, but they aren't sanding/prepping the chips. Tommy (body shop guy) says that it would look like little painted craters on the hood.

I asked Tommy if the estimate was for repainting her black or if I could pick any paint code. If it's any paint code I'm going to ask for an estimate without the stripes. He told me the stripes alone were $2,500. So that would put the repaint at like $3,800 ish. Still a lot though. But I want to see the estimate just to entertain my curiousity.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #2032
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Finally getting around to framing the brochure Mike Judge sent me. Here's a link to my original post about it --> LINK

So million dollar question: black or silver? I'm thinking black personally.

On a side note: getting stuff framed is expensive
Black for sure. Black goes with anything and of course, matches the overall theme of the car. And yes, anything close to a quality frame will be pricey. Particularly if you get all the bells and whistles like quality acid-free matting, UV protection on the glass, etc.
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #2033
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
you've got to be ****ing kidding me. This is just the total, I figured it wasn't necessary to post the whole estimate with the labor and whatnot, for them to paint the non-damaged panels. However, if someone wants to see it/give me their thoughts on it I am more than happy to post it. So this estimate includes all the labor and prep to paint the front bumper, hood ( shouldn't insurance cover that), passenger fender, passenger door, driver and passenger side mirror, passenger rear quarter panel, roof, and rear bumper. Call me cheap, but I feel like this is a bit steep - mind you they are also considered to be the best in the area. So I'm sure the "you get what you pay for" rule applies here.

Attachment 374858

On the estimate he included repainting the hood and spoiler. Which makes no sense since they are both being covered by insurance.

This was his response when I asked him why painting the hood and spoiler were in the estimate when insurance was covering it. I was under the impression that they were going to repaint the whole hood. If they're just planning on throwing some touch up paint on there then Kaylee's coming home.

Maybe it's just me, and maybe I just have high standards, but won't they have to repaint the whole hood in order to repair the key marks?
Why are they charging for paint supplies by the hour? I don't get that and 67.5 hours to paint a car? That doesn't sound right to me , a week and half to paint a car?, I gotta call the flag on that Sounds and looks to me they are trying to hose you.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 05-23-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #2034
The Stig

I'm at a crossroad.

black pearl/PBM with matte/satin black pace car stripes

OR

matte/satin black with black pearl/PBM pace car stripes

OR

(just found out about this color) - satin black pearl with gloss black pace car stripes

pics of the satin black pearl - now this Lexus has bronze pearl mixed in. I'm thinking white or blue pearl. Oh and btw - this color was never put into production.

Name:  fiveaxisis-f---01.jpg
Views: 3323
Size:  497.6 KB

Name:  fiveaxisis-f---14.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  501.3 KB

Name:  fiveaxisis-f---03.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  493.1 KB

Oh and I have SO much to tell you guys, but it has to wait until Friday night/Saturday
Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #2035
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #2036
Bad@ssCamaro

Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #2037
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
I'm at a crossroad.

black pearl/PBM with matte/satin black pace car stripes

OR

matte/satin black with black pearl/PBM pace car stripes

OR

(just found out about this color) - satin black pearl with gloss black pace car stripes

pics of the satin black pearl - now this Lexus has bronze pearl mixed in. I'm thinking white or blue pearl. Oh and btw - this color was never put into production.

Attachment 376022

Attachment 376023

Attachment 376024

Oh and I have SO much to tell you guys, but it has to wait until Friday night/Saturday
That looks pretty cool with the bronze pearl in it

Old 05-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #2038
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
DUDE. Sell the Camaro and get the damn LEXUS! SICK!

I'd LOVE to see how that would look.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #2039
The Stig

screw Wagonwork Collision in Alexandria, VA. just screw 'em. They completely trashed the interior of Kaylee. Put a huge scratch in her new CF door kick panels. I will admit though, what I am most annoyed about is that they completely moved my seat and now I can't get it back to how I like it.

Before I go into more detail about why I'm telling Wagonwork to go screw themselves, quick question. What would cause your brake and clutch pedal to become extremely firm (hard to press) and whenever Kaylee is in a gear I hear this metal chattering sound.

Once I get a chance I will be looking in her rear wheel wells to check for rubber. I swear to Pete if there is one SINGLE piece of rubber in her wheel wells I will end them.

I'm not even going to mention the poor excuse of body work they did on her. I'll rant about that once I can post some pictures up.

Needless to say Kaylee has a new bodyshop, D and V Autobody in Sterling, VA. He quoted me more than $2,000 cheaper than Wagonwork - downside is it will take about 3 weeks. Oh and when I told him that Wagonwork said it would take 10 days - he laughed. Like actually laughed, said it was physically impossible. Even if you were working 24/7 for all 10 days - the paint doesn't dry fast enough to have her repainted in 10 days.

Normally I'm not one to post angry, but I'm beyond angry
Old 05-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #2040
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
DUDE. Sell the Camaro and get the damn LEXUS! SICK!

I'd LOVE to see how that would look.
on a happier note, yes the Satin Black Pearl is very pretty

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1