Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #715
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
JoshBobGuptaMarley's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PanamaCityBeach,Florida
Posts: 1,382
I'll be interested to know what you think of the CAI intake. Everyone I show it to is impressed by the look and sound. I'm interested to know how it will be different from the Injen.
__________________
Muffler Delete, Cold Air Inductions intake, Technostalgia Sequential LED Tail Lights, Vmax CNC Ported TB, RX Catch Can, AAC LED Interior Lights (Aqua)
JoshBobGuptaMarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #716
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
I'll be interested to know what you think of the CAI intake. Everyone I show it to is impressed by the look and sound. I'm interested to know how it will be different from the Injen.
Will do. It's supposed to be delivered by Friday, so hopefully can get it installed Friday afternoon.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #717
8cd03gro


 
Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,998
Looks real nice. I'm a big fan of a clean engine bay, so I'm digging the carbon fiber.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #718
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Looks real nice. I'm a big fan of a clean engine bay, so I'm digging the carbon fiber.
Thanks

So spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Tracy (SC2150) a little while ago. He's diagnosing why my RX catch can isn't catching anything. It only took me blowing into some long black hoses to get the job done Anyway, Tracy has determined that it is not the hose going from the intake manifold to the catch can, it is not the catch can, it is not the hose going from the catch can to the rear valve cover, meaning that it's the valve cover. It got dark a lot quicker than I thought so now I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow :( . But Tracy needs me to remove the valve cover (pair of pliers should do it) and check it for any obstructions. If that's clear than that means one of the baffles inside the valves collapsed (doesn't sound like a cheap fix). So yea that's where I am right now with all of that.

Pete from Showstoppers is sending me the battery cable cover and some 3M velcro things for the radiator cover. Hoping to get those later this week/early next week so I can install that. Ordered it the first week of May, so it'll be nice to have it installed finally.

My other headlight is still in transit with USPS. Parcel Post takes forever to get things shipped, but I can't complain because it is dirt cheap (this way I can save money for more mods). In that box is a few connectors that'll let me fix my glove box light without the need to solder anything *yay*. Along with that, one of the LEDs in my tail light went out (LEDs are used for the afterburner effect - you'd have to ask 2SSRS for more info on that), so Ofer in his being awesome is sending me a replacement tail light. Now the only problem is getting the tint off my current light and onto the new one. We all remember how that went last time

It's kind of annoying really, the whole "doing well in school" thing. I mean it's my senior year and all I do is work, work, drag race, work, work, auto-x, work, sleep, drag race. I mean what kind of a senior year is that? Eh, I can't really complain (well I can complain about the vandalism crap) but yea I guess I just wish I had more time to tinker and fiddle with Kaylee. I mean my room is literally just a dresser, a desk, mini fridge, plastic drawers, closet, boxes, and car parts. Stupid thesis, well *technically* it's called a senior composition project but either or it's a 50+ page paper about the research that I'm doing all this year. Then depending on how it turns out my adviser determines if it gets published or not, so yea there's that. Stupid school, why can't I just own a speed shop and work on cars all day

/rant
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #719
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,489
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Thanks

So spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Tracy (SC2150) a little while ago. He's diagnosing why my RX catch can isn't catching anything. It only took me blowing into some long black hoses to get the job done Anyway, Tracy has determined that it is not the hose going from the intake manifold to the catch can, it is not the catch can, it is not the hose going from the catch can to the rear valve cover, meaning that it's the valve cover. It got dark a lot quicker than I thought so now I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow :( . But Tracy needs me to remove the valve cover (pair of pliers should do it) and check it for any obstructions. If that's clear than that means one of the baffles inside the valves collapsed (doesn't sound like a cheap fix). So yea that's where I am right now with all of that.

Pete from Showstoppers is sending me the battery cable cover and some 3M velcro things for the radiator cover. Hoping to get those later this week/early next week so I can install that. Ordered it the first week of May, so it'll be nice to have it installed finally.

My other headlight is still in transit with USPS. Parcel Post takes forever to get things shipped, but I can't complain because it is dirt cheap (this way I can save money for more mods). In that box is a few connectors that'll let me fix my glove box light without the need to solder anything *yay*. Along with that, one of the LEDs in my tail light went out (LEDs are used for the afterburner effect - you'd have to ask 2SSRS for more info on that), so Ofer in his being awesome is sending me a replacement tail light. Now the only problem is getting the tint off my current light and onto the new one. We all remember how that went last time

It's kind of annoying really, the whole "doing well in school" thing. I mean it's my senior year and all I do is work, work, drag race, work, work, auto-x, work, sleep, drag race. I mean what kind of a senior year is that? Eh, I can't really complain (well I can complain about the vandalism crap) but yea I guess I just wish I had more time to tinker and fiddle with Kaylee. I mean my room is literally just a dresser, a desk, mini fridge, plastic drawers, closet, boxes, and car parts. Stupid thesis, well *technically* it's called a senior composition project but either or it's a 50+ page paper about the research that I'm doing all this year. Then depending on how it turns out my adviser determines if it gets published or not, so yea there's that. Stupid school, why can't I just own a speed shop and work on cars all day

/rant
my builder asked me the other day if I knew how to make a million dollar a year speed shop... buy a two million dollar shop and run it for a year or two....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #720
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
my builder asked me the other day if I knew how to make a million dollar a year speed shop... buy a two million dollar shop and run it for a year or two....
pretty good advice actually

*for reference later*

Tracking number for 2012 heater hoses:
1ZV3331R0342608069
__________________
Click to view my build thread

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 11-17-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: LMAO It's in there somewhere... :D
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #721
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,489
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
pretty good advice actually

*for reference later*

Tracking number for 2012 heater hoses:
1ZV3331R0342608069
So, knowing the nature of the average Mod Squad member, what happens when one of them other ones come in and change a digit or two of your tracking number...

it could happen....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #722
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
So, knowing the nature of the average Mod Squad member, what happens when one of them other ones come in and change a digit or two of your tracking number...

it could happen....
Son of a..... Why'd you have to go and give them an idea like that?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #723
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'
 
FL1CK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Son of a..... Why'd you have to go and give them an idea like that?
__________________
I am not childish, you're just being a poopy head!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #724
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
1Z6F97X40334642510

Mine
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #725
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
1Z6F97X40334642510

Mine
I just checked it, only 2 days left PQ
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #726
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
So, knowing the nature of the average Mod Squad member, what happens when one of them other ones come in and change a digit or two of your tracking number...

it could happen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Son of a..... Why'd you have to go and give them an idea like that?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #727
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,489
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
wide open door and no one gets it...

Steiger, you're safe from the rest of these burnouts...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #728
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
wide open door and no one gets it...

Steiger, you're safe from the rest of these burnouts...
For now anyway.....I think I'll keep wearing the tinfoil hat though

*for reference later*

Tracking number for illuminated bowtie acrylic: 9405 5036 9930 0289 7849 28

Quick explanation. I have been wanting a illuminated rear bowtie for a while now, but was holding off on it because I want my black chrome bowtie to illuminate. So Jonathan and Justin from AAC worked it up so I don't have to send them my bowtie Will post more updates once the acrylic arrives.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! KMPrenger Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 601 09-22-2016 10:13 AM
Official AustinJames "Oh My Bad" Camaro Thread [COTW 1/2/12] austinjames Member Car Journals 202 12-12-2014 09:14 AM
Zabo's '00 T/A Build Thread CamaroSpike23 4th Generation Camaros 514 07-05-2013 11:26 AM
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 7 02-19-2013 11:04 PM
Motorgen LA Invasion Videos (58) and Pics Thread SeanPlunk USA - California 5 05-31-2009 01:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.