Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #715
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I'll be interested to know what you think of the CAI intake. Everyone I show it to is impressed by the look and sound. I'm interested to know how it will be different from the Injen.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #716
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
I'll be interested to know what you think of the CAI intake. Everyone I show it to is impressed by the look and sound. I'm interested to know how it will be different from the Injen.
Will do. It's supposed to be delivered by Friday, so hopefully can get it installed Friday afternoon.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #717
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Looks real nice. I'm a big fan of a clean engine bay, so I'm digging the carbon fiber.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #718
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Looks real nice. I'm a big fan of a clean engine bay, so I'm digging the carbon fiber.
Thanks

So spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Tracy (SC2150) a little while ago. He's diagnosing why my RX catch can isn't catching anything. It only took me blowing into some long black hoses to get the job done Anyway, Tracy has determined that it is not the hose going from the intake manifold to the catch can, it is not the catch can, it is not the hose going from the catch can to the rear valve cover, meaning that it's the valve cover. It got dark a lot quicker than I thought so now I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow :( . But Tracy needs me to remove the valve cover (pair of pliers should do it) and check it for any obstructions. If that's clear than that means one of the baffles inside the valves collapsed (doesn't sound like a cheap fix). So yea that's where I am right now with all of that.

Pete from Showstoppers is sending me the battery cable cover and some 3M velcro things for the radiator cover. Hoping to get those later this week/early next week so I can install that. Ordered it the first week of May, so it'll be nice to have it installed finally.

My other headlight is still in transit with USPS. Parcel Post takes forever to get things shipped, but I can't complain because it is dirt cheap (this way I can save money for more mods). In that box is a few connectors that'll let me fix my glove box light without the need to solder anything *yay*. Along with that, one of the LEDs in my tail light went out (LEDs are used for the afterburner effect - you'd have to ask 2SSRS for more info on that), so Ofer in his being awesome is sending me a replacement tail light. Now the only problem is getting the tint off my current light and onto the new one. We all remember how that went last time

It's kind of annoying really, the whole "doing well in school" thing. I mean it's my senior year and all I do is work, work, drag race, work, work, auto-x, work, sleep, drag race. I mean what kind of a senior year is that? Eh, I can't really complain (well I can complain about the vandalism crap) but yea I guess I just wish I had more time to tinker and fiddle with Kaylee. I mean my room is literally just a dresser, a desk, mini fridge, plastic drawers, closet, boxes, and car parts. Stupid thesis, well *technically* it's called a senior composition project but either or it's a 50+ page paper about the research that I'm doing all this year. Then depending on how it turns out my adviser determines if it gets published or not, so yea there's that. Stupid school, why can't I just own a speed shop and work on cars all day

/rant
Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #719
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Thanks

So spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Tracy (SC2150) a little while ago. He's diagnosing why my RX catch can isn't catching anything. It only took me blowing into some long black hoses to get the job done Anyway, Tracy has determined that it is not the hose going from the intake manifold to the catch can, it is not the catch can, it is not the hose going from the catch can to the rear valve cover, meaning that it's the valve cover. It got dark a lot quicker than I thought so now I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow :( . But Tracy needs me to remove the valve cover (pair of pliers should do it) and check it for any obstructions. If that's clear than that means one of the baffles inside the valves collapsed (doesn't sound like a cheap fix). So yea that's where I am right now with all of that.

Pete from Showstoppers is sending me the battery cable cover and some 3M velcro things for the radiator cover. Hoping to get those later this week/early next week so I can install that. Ordered it the first week of May, so it'll be nice to have it installed finally.

My other headlight is still in transit with USPS. Parcel Post takes forever to get things shipped, but I can't complain because it is dirt cheap (this way I can save money for more mods). In that box is a few connectors that'll let me fix my glove box light without the need to solder anything *yay*. Along with that, one of the LEDs in my tail light went out (LEDs are used for the afterburner effect - you'd have to ask 2SSRS for more info on that), so Ofer in his being awesome is sending me a replacement tail light. Now the only problem is getting the tint off my current light and onto the new one. We all remember how that went last time

It's kind of annoying really, the whole "doing well in school" thing. I mean it's my senior year and all I do is work, work, drag race, work, work, auto-x, work, sleep, drag race. I mean what kind of a senior year is that? Eh, I can't really complain (well I can complain about the vandalism crap) but yea I guess I just wish I had more time to tinker and fiddle with Kaylee. I mean my room is literally just a dresser, a desk, mini fridge, plastic drawers, closet, boxes, and car parts. Stupid thesis, well *technically* it's called a senior composition project but either or it's a 50+ page paper about the research that I'm doing all this year. Then depending on how it turns out my adviser determines if it gets published or not, so yea there's that. Stupid school, why can't I just own a speed shop and work on cars all day

/rant
my builder asked me the other day if I knew how to make a million dollar a year speed shop... buy a two million dollar shop and run it for a year or two....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #720
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
my builder asked me the other day if I knew how to make a million dollar a year speed shop... buy a two million dollar shop and run it for a year or two....
pretty good advice actually

*for reference later*

Tracking number for 2012 heater hoses:
1ZV3331R0342608069

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 11-17-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: LMAO It's in there somewhere... :D
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #721
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
pretty good advice actually

*for reference later*

Tracking number for 2012 heater hoses:
1ZV3331R0342608069
So, knowing the nature of the average Mod Squad member, what happens when one of them other ones come in and change a digit or two of your tracking number...

it could happen....

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #722
The Stig

Quote:
So, knowing the nature of the average Mod Squad member, what happens when one of them other ones come in and change a digit or two of your tracking number...

it could happen....
Son of a..... Why'd you have to go and give them an idea like that?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #723
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #724
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
1Z6F97X40334642510

Mine
Old 11-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #725
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
1Z6F97X40334642510

Mine
I just checked it, only 2 days left PQ
Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #726
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

it could happen....
Quote:
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #727
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
wide open door and no one gets it...

Steiger, you're safe from the rest of these burnouts...

Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #728
The Stig

Quote:
wide open door and no one gets it...

Steiger, you're safe from the rest of these burnouts...
For now anyway.....I think I'll keep wearing the tinfoil hat though

*for reference later*

Tracking number for illuminated bowtie acrylic: 9405 5036 9930 0289 7849 28

Quick explanation. I have been wanting a illuminated rear bowtie for a while now, but was holding off on it because I want my black chrome bowtie to illuminate. So Jonathan and Justin from AAC worked it up so I don't have to send them my bowtie Will post more updates once the acrylic arrives.

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1