Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #1376
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I don't remember where I heard this but it's something I always try to keep in mind. "It's not what a man does that defines his character, but what he does when no one's looking."
I think it was written by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.an American author best known for his inspirational book, Life's Little Instruction Book
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #1377
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
Character is a big thing. I have spoken about that with Pete.... he has a lot of it.
I know this build thread is a nice way to doc what you are doing to your car, but next time an issue such as this comes up, may want to be sure your not eating words.... Talk to the vender or dealer first, then after the result update.... Hate to see talk of legalese without even giving the vender a chance to fix it.... It easily could take a workable vender to sorry cant help you vender really quickly.
I am sure BMR will make this right, in some way or form.... But I am also sure they werent impressed with the harsh words before being able to make it right.... Same with Grabiak. sometimes when a finger is pointed, 3 others are pointing somewhere else... A lot of guys take these threads to heart, and for good reason. A forum like this helps us all find great venders and dealers, as well as find out who is a bit lack luster.
I have not dealt a lot with BMR but from what I have I am satisfied they are a good and decent company. This was probably a overlooked mistake as the bearings where changed mid year. Somebody forgot to dot the I's and cross the T's
As for Grabiak, I can speak extremely highly of them because I have seen them bend over backwords to make everything perfect.
I understand your frustration, and beleive me if it were my car I would be just as upset if not more... but tact in some cases goes very far. A wise man said you will draw more Bee's with Honey than you will Vinegar.
Just a thought.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #1378
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
Character is a big thing. I have spoken about that with Pete.... he has a lot of it.
I know this build thread is a nice way to doc what you are doing to your car, but next time an issue such as this comes up, may want to be sure your not eating words.... Talk to the vender or dealer first, then after the result update.... Hate to see talk of legalese without even giving the vender a chance to fix it.... It easily could take a workable vender to sorry cant help you vender really quickly.
I am sure BMR will make this right, in some way or form.... But I am also sure they werent impressed with the harsh words before being able to make it right.... Same with Grabiak. sometimes when a finger is pointed, 3 others are pointing somewhere else... A lot of guys take these threads to heart, and for good reason. A forum like this helps us all find great venders and dealers, as well as find out who is a bit lack luster.
I have not dealt a lot with BMR but from what I have I am satisfied they are a good and decent company. This was probably a overlooked mistake as the bearings where changed mid year. Somebody forgot to dot the I's and cross the T's
As for Grabiak, I can speak extremely highly of them because I have seen them bend over backwords to make everything perfect.
I understand your frustration, and beleive me if it were my car I would be just as upset if not more... but tact in some cases goes very far. A wise man said you will draw more Bee's with Honey than you will Vinegar.
Just a thought.
No you're right Tony. There's no need for me to bash BMR - as the issue hasn't been resolved yet. As for Grabiak, I don't believe I was bashing them nor was I trying to - I love Grabiak. They're the only dealer I'll take Kaylee too.


On another note, I got a hold of BMR earlier today. Alan (I believe I'm remembering his name correctly) had a meeting to run off to so we didn't get to talk long, he gave me his extension so I could call him back. Unfortunately I lost the scrap of paper that had his extension on it So I'll be calling him back tomorrow.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #1379
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post

On another note, I got a hold of BMR earlier today. Alan (I believe I'm remembering his name correctly) had a meeting to run off to so we didn't get to talk long, he gave me his extension so I could call him back. Unfortunately I lost the scrap of paper that had his extension on it So I'll be calling him back tomorrow.
I found it for you!




I grew up with my Father's words of, "If you have to think twice or look to see if someone's watching; don't do it." Worked for me, passed it on to the boys, soldiers, employees...... can't go wrong
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #1380
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I found it for you!




I grew up with my Father's words of, "If you have to think twice or look to see if someone's watching; don't do it." Worked for me, passed it on to the boys, soldiers, employees...... can't go wrong
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #1381
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
I called Maureen at Rogers Chevrolet yesterday to check out a hunch I had. Kyle at BMR said that some 2011's have the newer GM bushings - with smaller voids in the bushing. Pete stepped up and sent me a link to a post he made about how 2012 camaros need to trim the Pedders inserts. So I got to thinking, does Kaylee have the new bushings?

Unfortunately GM does not sell just the rear cradle bushing, you'd have to buy the whole rear cradle. Maureen told me that she could grab a 2011 VIN off the lot and check if it's the same. I told her not to bother as I could send her Kaylee's VIN no problem. While I was doing that I sent her Eleanor's VIN as well (yes I still have it written down).

Both 2010 and 2011 SS camaros have the same rear cradle bushings

So I called Rich at Back Street, hoping that he still has my OEM bushings, well what's left of them anyway. Got a hold of him, and yes he still has the bushings - he's mailing them up to me. I don't know how much use they will be, but I still want to take a look at them.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #1382
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
No you're right Tony. There's no need for me to bash BMR - as the issue hasn't been resolved yet. As for Grabiak, I don't believe I was bashing them nor was I trying to - I love Grabiak. They're the only dealer I'll take Kaylee too.


On another note, I got a hold of BMR earlier today. Alan (I believe I'm remembering his name correctly) had a meeting to run off to so we didn't get to talk long, he gave me his extension so I could call him back. Unfortunately I lost the scrap of paper that had his extension on it So I'll be calling him back tomorrow.

Your frustration is def understandable, sometimes just need to take a step back and take a few breaths.... No worries. I just have been in those shoes before and have burnt a couple bridges. Tact doesent come easy trust me

Hopefully BMR and you guys can get to the bottom of this....
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #1383
2012_1LT/RS
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 82
Wow so i finally got caught up on your entire build, and i must say i am very impressed with the work you have put into Kaylee. I am a new Camaro owner myself and once the whole "new car" thing wears off the gloves will come off for mods. Only thing is mine is a V6 not a V8, but i still love it anyway. Great job keep up the Good work!
2012_1LT/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #1384
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Have you seen this fantastic DIY?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181948
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #1385
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
Your frustration is def understandable, sometimes just need to take a step back and take a few breaths.... No worries. I just have been in those shoes before and have burnt a couple bridges. Tact doesent come easy trust me

Hopefully BMR and you guys can get to the bottom of this....
Yep, totally understand the burning bridges thing. I was a bit bullheaded when I was younger. There have been some updates on the whole bushings situation, but I'm not going to post anything until I get to the bottom of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012_1LT/RS View Post
Wow so i finally got caught up on your entire build, and i must say i am very impressed with the work you have put into Kaylee. I am a new Camaro owner myself and once the whole "new car" thing wears off the gloves will come off for mods. Only thing is mine is a V6 not a V8, but i still love it anyway. Great job keep up the Good work!
Thank you much. Be careful with modding - it's VERY addictive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Yep, I remember when you first made that thread. It was an awesome write up. How'd you guys come up with the idea to do that anyway?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #1386
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Rich from Back Street sent me the remainders of my OEM. They're pretty cut up, but you can easily tell that they have voids in them.



__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #1387
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Yep, I remember when you first made that thread. It was an awesome write up. How'd you guys come up with the idea to do that anyway?

It was totally tkrupinski's idea. He did it on his car. I just helped a bit. It's amazing how hard that stuff sets up and it just won't crack. It's awesome. He says the rear end of his car is much more stable now too.

tk has been working on cars since he was old enough to hold the flashlight for his dad I think. He is an amazing fountain of knowledge.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #1388
BMR Sales


 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
now wondering about the BMR parts I was looking into.....
No need to worry about your BMR parts, we stand behind them 100%. If anyone ever has an issue all they have to do is call me and I will do whatever it takes to make it right. I am here 8:30AM-6PM and I am here in the office pretty much that entire time so I am easy to get a hold of. Allan the president/owner of BMR Suspension is working with Stieger now to verify what the actual issue is and come to a conclusion.
__________________
Keith Kanyuh
5th Gen Camaro Suspension Specialist
keith@bmrsuspension.com
www.bmrsuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
BMR Sales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #1389
BMR Sales


 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Rich from Back Street sent me the remainders of my OEM. They're pretty cut up, but you can easily tell that they have voids in them.



It definitely looks like an install issue, especially considering that you sent me a video of one of the BMR bushings you guys took out front factory cradle bushings and installed it in the rear factory cradle bushings without any issues.

You definitely have the factory cradle bushings with the voids so the inserts would have fit properly if they were installed in the crrect positions. The one video made it look like you had the later model factory cradle bushings that don't have any voids.
__________________
Keith Kanyuh
5th Gen Camaro Suspension Specialist
keith@bmrsuspension.com
www.bmrsuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
BMR Sales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #1390
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
No need to worry about your BMR parts, we stand behind them 100%. If anyone ever has an issue all they have to do is call me and I will do whatever it takes to make it right. I am here 8:30AM-6PM and I am here in the office pretty much that entire time so I am easy to get a hold of. Allan the president/owner of BMR Suspension is working with Stieger now to verify what the actual issue is and come to a conclusion.
I can't echo how helpful BMR has been with all of this. I have been exchanging emails with Allan Miller (President of BMR) for the better part of the afternoon, and he's been great in every possible way.

I still have to do some more digging to figure out exactly what happened, but I DO know that this is no way BMRs fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
You definitely have the factory cradle bushings with the voids so the inserts would have fit properly if they were installed in the crrect positions. The one video made it look like you had the later model factory cradle bushings that don't have any voids.
Yep, that's what I wanted to confirm. Rich told me over the phone that they looked like they had voids, but I guess this is just one of those things that I needed to see with my own eyes to be sure.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #1391
BMR Sales


 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I can't echo how helpful BMR has been with all of this. I have been exchanging emails with Allan Miller (President of BMR) for the better part of the afternoon, and he's been great in every possible way.

I still have to do some more digging to figure out exactly what happened, but I DO know that this is no way BMRs fault.


Yep, that's what I wanted to confirm. Rich told me over the phone that they looked like they had voids, but I guess this is just one of those things that I needed to see with my own eyes to be sure.
It is nice to have a company like ours were you can talk directly with the real boss when it is needed. In the end we want everyone who deals with BMR to have a positive experience and we will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

It is always good to question every option till you can confirm 100% what the issue is. In the end we are all car guys and we have all been in your position at one time or another so we can definitely relate to you. I would be disgruntled a bit if I was in your position so I understand.
__________________
Keith Kanyuh
5th Gen Camaro Suspension Specialist
keith@bmrsuspension.com
www.bmrsuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
BMR Sales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #1392
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
It is nice to have a company like ours were you can talk directly with the real boss when it is needed. In the end we want everyone who deals with BMR to have a positive experience and we will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

It is always good to question every option till you can confirm 100% what the issue is. In the end we are all car guys and we have all been in your position at one time or another so we can definitely relate to you. I would be disgruntled a bit if I was in your position so I understand.
Thank you for understanding Kyle. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to talk to Allan about it, not that talking to you or anyone else wouldn't have been nice. It just shows how much Allan cares about BMR and customer service.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #1393
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,383
I'm glad you've got bushings in there now. This is confusing the hell out of me! There were pics before and I could see (along with several others) that the top portions of the inserts were not installed. Even the pics still in your thread show the lower inserts are the only thing that was in there. This points 11'nty bizzilion that the install was completely wrong. I am just baffled by whatever shop that did the work (I know which shop but being nice) just bolted it back up and didn't tell you!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #1394
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,525
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Dude. You totally had a Savini experience but with your suspension install. Ugh..........
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #1395
The Stig



 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: out of the ashes
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 26,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I'm glad you've got bushings in there now. This is confusing the hell out of me! There were pics before and I could see (along with several others) that the top portions of the inserts were not installed. Even the pics still in your thread show the lower inserts are the only thing that was in there. This points 11'nty bizzilion that the install was completely wrong. I am just baffled by whatever shop that did the work (I know which shop but being nice) just bolted it back up and didn't tell you!
Basically yes, and I do appreciate keeping the shop on the DL. What happened is honestly between me and them, and there's no need for them to be dragged through the mud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Dude. You totally had a Savini experience but with your suspension install. Ugh..........
Except mine worked out in the end and I got new bushings. You've still got your wheels :(
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #1396
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
I met Allan and Kyle at the original Cfest...both great guys.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #1397
BMR Sales


 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I met Allan and Kyle at the original Cfest...both great guys.
Man those were the good ole days when you were just starting to modify your car. Now it has turned into an absolute monster and is by far one of my favorite cars on here. Sorry for the hijack, back to regularly scheduled program.
__________________
Keith Kanyuh
5th Gen Camaro Suspension Specialist
keith@bmrsuspension.com
www.bmrsuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
BMR Sales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #1398
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Man those were the good ole days when you were just starting to modify your car. Now it has turned into an absolute monster and is by far one of my favorite cars on here.
Thanks...still have BMR stuff under the car.

Toe rods
Trailing arms
Tunnel brace
Subframe connectors - still keeping my sub frame connected.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #1399
Rich@BSP
 
Drives: wife says to many
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Medina Oh
Posts: 69
I am glad that when you were in here in January, we saw the problem at that time. I just wish we would have had the bushing in stock to correct it then. Now we are happy we were able to install a new set the other day, and I am sure you will be very satisfied with the way your Camaro handles.
Rich@BSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #1400
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
No need to worry about your BMR parts, we stand behind them 100%. If anyone ever has an issue all they have to do is call me and I will do whatever it takes to make it right. I am here 8:30AM-6PM and I am here in the office pretty much that entire time so I am easy to get a hold of. Allan the president/owner of BMR Suspension is working with Stieger now to verify what the actual issue is and come to a conclusion.
Kyle,
only concern I have is to make sure there would be no fitment issues as in part only specific for one year or the other. I plan on PM'ing you the part numbers and car info asap just to verify.

no doubt you guys are a stand up company and I am sure you will work with him amicably to resolve this some way
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! KMPrenger Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 540 03-31-2014 03:21 PM
Zabo's '00 T/A Build Thread CamaroSpike23 4th Generation Camaros 514 07-05-2013 11:26 AM
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 7 02-19-2013 11:04 PM
Official AustinJames "Oh My Bad" Camaro Thread [COTW 1/2/12] austinjames Member Car Journals 201 01-04-2013 01:19 AM
Motorgen LA Invasion Videos (58) and Pics Thread SeanPlunk USA - California 5 05-31-2009 01:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.