Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #771
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
...yes?

OK... just checking...

Thank you much. It does come in handy every once in a while. Found the book btw. It's called "The Hidden Internet." It's not a main stream book though, if you need help finding it let me know. That's assuming you're even interested in the book of course, which you don't have to be. I promise I won't be offended.
Don't listen to him ... he's a meanie...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #772
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I mean jhmurphy might have typed it in wrong. But I know that the one I got in the PM is the same one that's in my thread. Now that I think about it though, I don't really need to copy tracking numbers into my build thread. My inbox holds 5,000. Before I did it because I didn't want to accidentally delete a tracking number.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #773
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
I mean jhmurphy might have typed it in wrong. But I know that the one I got in the PM is the same one that's in my thread. Now that I think about it though, I don't really need to copy tracking numbers into my build thread. My inbox holds 5,000. Before I did it because I didn't want to accidentally delete a tracking number.
OMG... dude, you are SOOOO slow this morning...

Maybe I changed it while you weren't looking????

Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #774
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
OMG... dude, you are SOOOO slow this morning...

Maybe I changed it while you weren't looking????

No I am I can't argue that. I had to take pictures of my dictyostelium cells (thesis research) and didn't go to bed til 2 ish. Then had to get up at 7:30 for my 8am class.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #775
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
...yes?

Thank you much. It does come in handy every once in a while. Found the book btw. It's called "The Hidden Internet." It's not a main stream book though, if you need help finding it let me know. That's assuming you're even interested in the book of course, which you don't have to be. I promise I won't be offended.
Of course I want it....Shoot me an email with the information.....Knowledge is power.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #776
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
No I am I can't argue that. I had to take pictures of my dictyostelium cells (thesis research) and didn't go to bed til 2 ish. Then had to get up at 7:30 for my 8am class.

I'll leave you be then.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #777
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:

Your whosit, whatsit?? Did it hurt?
Old 11-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #778
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Of course I want it....Shoot me an email with the information.....Knowledge is power.
I'll shoot you an email later today with some information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

I'll leave you be then.
Thank you. I'm still really confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post

Your whosit, whatsit?? Did it hurt?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictyostelium_discoideum

That is a single cellular eukaryotic slime mold that evolves into a multicellular organism in order to reproduce. It's name is Bob, and Bob is what my thesis is on.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #779
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictyostelium_discoideum

That is a single cellular eukaryotic slime mold that evolves into a multicellular organism in order to reproduce. It's name is Bob, and Bob is what my thesis is on.
That sounds like a line out of Ghostbusters

I went to that site right after I posted. I hope that "Bob" molds correctly for you, lol
Old 11-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #780
The Stig

CAI Intake

installed my CAI intake. Really wish I had taken the time to drive to the station so I could do it in one of the bays instead of on the street. It's about 38 degrees here.

Everything started with taking out my Injen CAI (which is for sale BTW ). That wasn't too complicated, though I did get a nice surprise.

Turns out I have one of the "strong" MAF sensors. Weeeee. I'll take a win where I can get one OK, no judging. This is a judge free zone. Vigilante justice only. Any who, moving on.

While I was taking apart the Injen CAI I happened to notice a not so pretty residue in the collector (at least that's what I think it's called) part of the Injen.

WTH is that crap? Well, I asked Tracy (SC2150) about it and apparently I'm just a tad bit slow to the draw today. The "plaque"/crap is oil residue. Why is it in my vacuum tube when it should be in my catch can? I don't know.

For some reason I couldn't get the MAF sensor to screw into the CAI intake's tube. Probably spent about 25-30 minutes trying to make the damn thing fit. Very frustrating. Especially since I was racing the clock to be done before it got dark (which now at 5:41 it is pitch black outside - aside from street lamps). Anyway that's enough tangents for the day. Here is the finished product.

As I was kind of rushing the install I skipped to major/minor details of the installation. First, I did not install the ADM scoop. Second, I did not install my W/W relocation. Well the later is simply because I don't know where it goes/how to install it. I'm pretty sure it is the Apex one (it's clear/white plastic). I'll be looking that up later.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #781
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Well the catch can doesn't catch ALL of the oil. Doesnt' look all that alarming to me as far as the vacuum tube.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #782
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well the catch can doesn't catch ALL of the oil. Doesnt' look all that alarming to me as far as the vacuum tube.
Well the problem is that currently my catch can is catching nothing. Tracy has been talking me through checking every piece/part of the system. Right now we/he thinks that the problem is the nipple coming off of the fuel rail on the rear driver's side of the engine.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #783
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Well the problem is that currently my catch can is catching nothing. Tracy has been talking me through checking every piece/part of the system. Right now we/he thinks that the problem is the nipple coming off of the fuel rail on the rear driver's side of the engine.
Pull the hose off and look. Stick a bent paperclip in and dig at it. (Make sure it cant' fall in lol)

YOu should be able to just jerk that hose off and push it back on.

Plus, if you have the RX can you may need to make sure there is no vacuum being created to drain it. Take the top hoses off before you try. So air can get into the can from the top. If the can has a lot of oil in it then it coudl easily create enough vacuum to not let it drain through the plastic tube.

Not being a smart ass, just don't know what all you've done so far.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #784
PQ
Booooosted.

Also heat the engine up good. The oil may just be thick?

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1