Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1501
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
... Only downside is that I *may* have screwed some of the screws in a little too far. There are like 3 or 4 little tiny pin pricks on the outside of the door panel. I loosened the screws a bit and tried to push them down. They aren't too noticeable - so I'll be able to live with them until I can find a door panel for cheap.
Oh, you're one of those "gorilla torque" guys!
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #1502
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Oh, you're one of those "gorilla torque" guys!
I just like making sure that things are nice and tight. Though I'll be going with the little-girl approach on the drivers side panel.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #1503
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
 
Junkman2008's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I just like making sure that things are nice and tight. Though I'll be going with the little-girl approach on the drivers side panel.
__________________
"Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."


Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #1504
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'
 
FL1CK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
Posts: 3,209
Those panels... are they supposed to look familiar to me, or no?
__________________
I am not childish, you're just being a poopy head!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #1505
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
Those panels... are they supposed to look familiar to me, or no?
Nope. Still waiting to get your panels back. I picked these up for cheap in the marketplace.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #1506
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
so happy. Kaylee's pretty on the inside now too. Only downside - currently don't have my dash ABL It should be a quick fix. Basically I just need to reinstall the dash ABL following this DIY --> LINK I really wish I had taken the video when I had the old dash piece in. It looked AWESOME. Totally made it all worth it. But it's not even that, I just love telling people that I did my mods myself. I guess you could call it bragging


__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #1507
sjmautoprod


 
sjmautoprod's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 1LT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 1,762
Looking good!
__________________

sjmautoprod.cominfo@sjmautoprod.comGoogle+FacebookIRC Chat
Online ordering now available!
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #1508
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
so in a quick assumption you just replaced the grey piece with a carbon piece and retrofitted the gm light bar onto the carbon fiber.... so same as stock, just with the new panel right?
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #1509
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Basically yea. Wasn't so much retrofitting though, the CF panels are just modified OEM panels. So the light pipe fit perfectly
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #1510
Nathan Moreno


 
Nathan Moreno's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,999
Very nice, I like the carbon fiber look on the panel. Seen it at SEMA.
Nathan Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #1511
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY
 
MackMan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winchester, KY
Posts: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
so happy. Kaylee's pretty on the inside now too. Only downside - currently don't have my dash ABL It should be a quick fix. Basically I just need to reinstall the dash ABL following this DIY --> LINK I really wish I had taken the video when I had the old dash piece in. It looked AWESOME. Totally made it all worth it. But it's not even that, I just love telling people that I did my mods myself. I guess you could call it bragging


Lol. I love how excited you are in the video. "how awesome is this!" I'm always that way about my car, but my wife doesn't understand so she thinks I'm crazy hahaha. Looks great though. I want to do something to my door inserts as well.
__________________
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #1512
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Lol. I love how excited you are in the video. "how awesome is this!" I'm always that way about my car, but my wife doesn't understand so she thinks I'm crazy hahaha. Looks great though. I want to do something to my door inserts as well.
That's how I normally am with Kaylee, my girlfriend doesn't get it either but she at least goes along with it. I was mostly excited because I didn't know if the ABL was actually going to work or not until I installed them. Now once I get the dash ABL installed I'll be all set.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #1513
svtjackal
in love with Olivia now.
 
svtjackal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Got sjmautoprod's cup holder in yesterday. It was/is really well done. I got the option that has a T-harness, so it's all plug and play - which was nice. Though the turquoise LEDs aren't close enough to the GM ABL for me to leave it. Ofer was nice enough to send me a pair of GM blue LEDs, so I can just solder those in once they get here.

I got SJMautoprods cup holder ABL on turquoise too, but I was experimenting with painting the edge of the clear plexy glass with a blue marker and it looks pretty close to the GM aqua blue LED's

Here it is done with a cheap dry erase marker, once I put it on the car will do it with a permanent marker

(little cup holder with the blue marker)





PS... If you want to delete the pictures so it does not mud up your build thread, go ahead I won't think anything of it.
__________________

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #1514
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
I got SJMautoprods cup holder ABL on turquoise too, but I was experimenting with painting the edge of the clear plexy glass with a blue marker and it looks pretty close to the GM aqua blue LED's

Here it is done with a cheap dry erase marker, once I put it on the car will do it with a permanent marker

(little cup holder with the blue marker)





PS... If you want to delete the pictures so it does not mud up your build thread, go ahead I won't think anything of it.
That's actually not a bad idea. I'll have to experiment when I get some more free time.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #1515
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Insurance guy is coming tomorrow at 9:30. Fingers crossed for a nice fat estimate. I've got some thoughts churning in my head, but I am not writing anything down until after the estimate.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #1516
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,381
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
That's the sound I've been hearing... Now I get it....

I was in your shoes a couple of weeks ago... lots of plans based on a potential settlement and then actuality when I knew what it was...

Good Luck...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #1517
69 Rebel

 
69 Rebel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laval, Canada
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
That's the sound I've been hearing... Now I get it....

I was in your shoes a couple of weeks ago... lots of plans based on a potential settlement and then actuality when I knew what it was...

Good Luck...
Was Brandi in an accident?
__________________
Version I
Jannetty Racing 550 RWHP Street Brawler Package,
Powered by TVS2300 Maggie
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100385

Version II
416ci stroker/4L80e
701rwhp 750rwtq
build and tuned by
SPI-Performance
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #1518
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
First, the adjuster showed up 30 minutes late - but you know what, I was OK with it because he was going to give me money. First thing he says when he sees Kaylee "man someone keyed the shit out of that." I ask him about whether repainting Kaylee will diminish her overall value. Nope.

So then he went back into his car and started to write up the estimate. Longest 25 minutes ever.

Name:  estimates.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  140.5 KB

First thing I noticed was the per hour rates. Geico is way under the body shop's rates. Now the adjuster gave me a "supplement" form that I am supposed to give the body shop in the event that they need more money for the repairs and what not. Which was nice of him. So I'm going to wait until later this afternoon/evening to call Eric (the adjuster) back and letting him know the bodyshops estimate and their rates (so he has a ballpark to go off of). Hopefully he will adjust my estimate accordingly.

Now the one bit of good news - it's pretty awesome news though. I told Eric that I would more than likely wait until I get home in May to get Kaylee repaired/repainted and because of that I still haven't picked a body shop. So to make everyone's lives easier Geico is just making the check out to me instead of to me and my to-be body shop. So IF the damage isn't as bad as it looks I will be a very happy camper, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #1519
nomadicdogg

 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western, PA
Posts: 1,773
that estimate is negotiable.. the body shop can help them get it to where it needs to be to cover it if needed....
Ill be up that way saturday... want me to throw my bag of tricks in the car?
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #1520
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
that estimate is negotiable.. the body shop can help them get it to where it needs to be to cover it if needed....
Ill be up that way saturday... want me to throw my bag of tricks in the car?
Wont be here Saturday :( Friday is the start of spring break for us, I'm heading down to IUP for the weekend. How long will you be in town? Just Friday?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #1521
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
picture of the ABL carbon fiber panels in the day time



__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #1522
Nathan Moreno


 
Nathan Moreno's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,999
Steiger, that looks really nice! how symmetrical is the weave pattern in person? What vender did you get it from?
Nathan Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #1523
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Steiger, that looks really nice! how symmetrical is the weave pattern in person? What vender did you get it from?
bought them used off of another member. But they were made by DSV Customs. Indpowr tells me that it was the only set they made

EDIT: The weave is really well done. I personally can't find any flaws in it. I want to say it is a 4x4 weave, but I don't know for sure.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #1524
cam99

 
cam99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pittsburgh area
Posts: 1,356
Oh merciful heaven do I like the carbon fiber panels. If I didn't have the orange interior I would so have a set. Debating about doing a bunch of it underhood
__________________
2012 ZL1
Roto fab cai
Roto fab reservoir
10%lower (10psi)
catless
ported lsa TB
JRE custom tune

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #1525
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
So I found a great deal on Craigslist for a Hurst shifter - $100 shipped. While I'm perfectly happy with my OEM Hurst I couldn't pass up the deal.



Only downside is that I want to keep my OEM Hurst shift knob and as you can see the adapter wasn't included in my purchase But I'm still not complaining. So I, well rather Ofer (2SSRS), got in contact with Hurst and what do you know they are sending me an adapter free of charge. Can you say customer freaking service? I couldn't be happier about how this got handled. Hurst totally went above and beyond the call of duty.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! KMPrenger Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 552 Yesterday 06:18 PM
Zabo's '00 T/A Build Thread CamaroSpike23 4th Generation Camaros 514 07-05-2013 11:26 AM
3rd Gen Camaro Street Stock build thread (dialup beware) zlathim 3rd Generation Camaros 7 02-19-2013 11:04 PM
Official AustinJames "Oh My Bad" Camaro Thread [COTW 1/2/12] austinjames Member Car Journals 201 01-04-2013 01:19 AM
Motorgen LA Invasion Videos (58) and Pics Thread SeanPlunk USA - California 5 05-31-2009 01:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.