Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #151
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
So the Firebreather spoiler just became available again (no idea how long they will produce it), and I love this spoiler. So my question is, do I bite the bullet and order it OR wait until it doesn't make such a big dent in my wallet. But the only problem with the latter is that they discontinue it before I would have the funds to buy it. So opinions? Here are a few shots of the spoiler.

EDIT: I cannot actually find the post that had the link to the company whom was selling this (deleted I'm pretty sure). So this is being put back into the filing cabinet. I have other and more awesome mods to do.

Last edited by The Stig; 06-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #152
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
If you can swing it now and real want it then, Do it. don't ask us its your car.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #153
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
If you can swing it now and real want it then, Do it. don't ask us its your car.
No I know, just wanted other people's thoughts. Like when this first came out last year and there was a limited number produced I fell in love with the spoiler, and now that it's being produced again I want to jump all over it. I just am trying to figure out if how much I like this spoiler is due to me building it up in my head for the past 8 or 9 months or so. But don't worry Ofer, I don't need any bodies "permission" to mod and I mod hard
Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #154
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
If you really want opinions, I don't like it. But, it's your car. If you like it, that's all that matters.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #155
The Stig

One more day! This time tomorrow I will be back with Kaylee. She and I have been separated for a month But I get to drive her tomorrow so happy. That and I should have a few boxes of mods waiting for me. Including a very special present from Becky (I'll be sure to post pics). I've been talking to Bassani and they should hopefully be shipping my headers and exhaust out next week. Which would mean next weekend is a modding weekend. Yay modding!

On another note, and I figure I may as well put this in here because it'll be affecting Kaylee as much as it affects me, but moving on. Monday night around 11:30 I went to the ER for some tingling in my arm, got a CT at 1:30, was admitted to the hospital at 6:45, got an MRI at 10:30, discharged around 2:00. Yea that night was pretty rough. Well I got my results and I've got multilevel degenerative disk disease in my C-spine. For those of you not versed in the medical world, your C-spine is important VERY important. So I get to see a neurologist, do some PT, possibly surgery, etc etc. Until I know how much I'll be able to work the mods I have already ordered will be my last set of mods for a while Can't mod if I don't work, so yea. Just wanted to let everybody know (Em and PQ, as I feel like they are the only ones who read my journal ).
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #156
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I read your journal too. I'm a lurker though. Sucks to hear about your mystery pain. =(

I'm happy to see that Bassani is finally making a header set. I hope you like it. As for the spoiler, if you really want it then I'd say go for it. you'll find a way to make it work. if it was an "order anytime you want" thing then I'd wait, but because it's a limited production piece and can disappear or be on backorder, I'd snatch it up while you have the chance.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #157
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I read your journal too. I'm a lurker though. Sucks to hear about your mystery pain. =(

I'm happy to see that Bassani is finally making a header set. I hope you like it. As for the spoiler, if you really want it then I'd say go for it. you'll find a way to make it work. if it was an "order anytime you want" thing then I'd wait, but because it's a limited production piece and can disappear or be on backorder, I'd snatch it up while you have the chance.
Yay I have more than two people reading my journal But yea, I loved the spoiler when I saw it a year ago, and I'm super excited that they are producing it again. But I talked to the guy it they are more than likely going to be producing it full time, so not as a limited production run. So, I'll probably put the photos away for a month or two and t hen comeback to them and see how I feel about it.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #158
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I have the ForgeStar F14's for my drag radials... but I like the Forgelines also...

I have to agree with Em on the spoiler... not my bag, but it's not my Camaro and you gotta do what makes you happy... I'm just glad we have so many choices...

And your car is awesome looking by the way...
Old 07-01-2011, 06:41 AM   #159
Darth_Emma

I have C spine issues too, so I feel for ya. Best wishes that the docs can give you some relief. The car will still be there and you'll stll get to drive it.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #160
The Stig

Thanks Em, I know it's not the end of the world. Just trying to not jump to worst case scenarios before I get a follow up with a neurologist.

I know that I'll still be able to drive her, but working on her is one of the things I love most about her. So I'll be damned if I have to give that up. If that means I need to get a lift, well hell I've always wanted one anyway.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #161
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Stieger I hope all turns out good with the Doc's, i know that no pain will stop you from doing Mods to you car, and if we met up at CF3 and need help to mod your car i will help you out, For the spoiler its not the look i am going after, But it looks good, and i am with you get it if its a limited production piece.

You need to Take care of your self first, you now have more then 5 ppl reading your thread. LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #162
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
ya stieger. you will enjoy the bassani lth. i'm very happy with my bassani system.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #163
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Thanks Em, I know it's not the end of the world. Just trying to not jump to worst case scenarios before I get a follow up with a neurologist.

I know that I'll still be able to drive her, but working on her is one of the things I love most about her. So I'll be damned if I have to give that up. If that means I need to get a lift, well hell I've always wanted one anyway.
I've been dealing with docs for my spine problem for almost 8 years and I lost count at when I got to 20 some hospital visits/surgeries. I'm still trying to get some help with it... it's a long story. Best wishes that you have some success with yours.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #164
The Stig

This post was added after the fact

The dorm room I lived in while at Johns Hopkins. Yes I realize it is depressing. Also, they didn't have large sheets of paper so my drawings are/were on the bath mats that house keeping gave us.

General overview of my work area

Cranial blood supply, cranial nerves I-V, and the brachial plexus

rest of the cranial nerves, eyeball & eye socket, and a bunch of mnemonics

skelatal muscles. YAY /sarcasm

more muscles, and the spinal fluid life cycle

Last edited by The Stig; 07-06-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #165
The Stig

OK so I got back home today, seeing Kaylee was awesome. I even had a few packages waiting for me. One of which was from Becky....

So then, when I thought it could not get any better......

TWO TOWELS!!!!

After all the microfiber excitement died down it was time for food. Firstly, I put back in Kaylee's TB. See earlier posts as to why I had taken it out in the first place. Anyway, I was able to get in a quick video

Right so fun time over. Serious post time:

I started Kaylee up after dinner and BAM shit hit the fan. I got a slew of codes that came up:

P0102 - MAF Sensor
P0113 - Intake Air Temp Sensor 1 high input
P069E - Fuel Pump Enable Circuit High Voltage
P0801 - Reverse inhibit control circuit
P080C - Upshift/Skip Shift Solenoid Control Circuit Low

:upset: WTH?!? I got the car in the garage after some pushing and readjusting (as I can't go into reverse) and turned her off. Just my luck, I try to restart her and she turns over, gets a few cycles in and then shuts off.

The plan WAS to go to cars and coffee tomorrow morning at 7, but currently my car is unable to get out of the garage. The weirdest thing is that I backed into my spot when we went to dinner. So yea, this would be a great time for someone to be a miracle worker.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #166
The Stig

Codes, lots of them.

P0102 - MAF Sensor

Car was working fine before dinner, and then after dinner I come back, start her up and BAM 5 codes. I was planning to go to a cars and coffee in the morning, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much. If you can't tell I'm a bit frantic.

Last edited by The Stig; 07-02-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #167
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Is it running OK? You could just have the dealer clear them and see if they come back. Maybe just a hiccup?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #168
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Sounds like the system voltage is getting low. Clear the codes, make sure the battery is at full charge (SG of at least 13.2) and that the battery can pass a load test. Then re-evaluate...
Old 07-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #169
The Stig

I have a scanner so I cleared the codes. Didn't do anything. The 2 unknown codes are still there after clearing them. So I currently have the battery unplugged, hoping that'll fix it. But the voltage seemed fine when I was trying to start the car yesterday.

I mean the car sat for a month so that could be it. But I drove it to dinner just fine, then after dinner I got in and bam all the codes and I was locked out of reverse. Got her the garage and she won't even start now. I can start her up, engine turns over and then she dies.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #170
brianko
Never enough time

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6-spd
Gotta love Google:

P080C: Upshift/Skip Shift Solenoid Control Circuit Low

Fuel Pump Control Module DTC P069E
The FPCM stores diagnostic information, and if a fault is detected it will send a message to the Engine Control Module (ECM) to illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL). When this occurs, DTC P069E will set in the ECM. The specific faults themselves, however, are stored within the FPCM, and must be retrieved using the FPCM menu on the Tech 2 scan tool. Faults may be due to issues with the electrical wiring or connectors in the FPCM circuit; or they may be due to performance issues within the FPCM module itself, the fuel line pressure sensor, the fuel pump MRA, or communications with the ECM. The FPCM also has Special Functions within the Tech 2 for controlling the Fuel Pump Duty Cycle and Fuel Rail Pressure.┬
TIP: The FPCM can sometimes be overlooked when diagnosing a problem involving the fuel system. If while using a scan tool (Tech2) a DTC P069E is detected, return to the Powertrain menu and select Fuel Pump Control Module for additional diagnostic information.┬
Checking the FPCM for DTCs could lead to more accurate diagnosis of a problem, faster determination of root cause, and shorter vehicle repair times.

All that said, seems like a general electrical problem, something that's interfering with the CAN bus. I'd test/charge the battery first, disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the bus and ECM, then try again.
brianko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #171
The Stig

Yea I did all of that and cleared the codes. Also did the fuse pull too. All the codes disappeared except the fuel pump one. Though the car still won't go in reverse.

Updated the code descriptions:

Last edited by The Stig; 07-02-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #172
BumbleBeeSS2009

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Stieger - did you ever put the visor covers on? if so could you take a quick pic of them installed... Thanks!!

Btw - She looks great!! Keep up the good work

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #173
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
OK so I got back home today, seeing Kaylee was awesome. I even had a few packages waiting for me. One of which was from Becky....

So then, when I thought it could not get any better......

TWO TOWELS!!!!

After all the microfiber excitement died down it was time for food. Firstly, I put back in Kaylee's TB. See earlier posts as to why I had taken it out in the first place. Anyway, I was able to get in a quick video

Right so fun time over. Serious post time:

I started Kaylee up after dinner and BAM shit hit the fan. I got a slew of codes that came up:

P0102 - MAF Sensor

WTH?!? I got the car in the garage after some pushing and readjusting (as I can't go into reverse) and turned her off. Just my luck, I try to restart her and she turns over, gets a few cycles in and then shuts off.

The plan WAS to go to cars and coffee tomorrow morning at 7, but currently my car is unable to get out of the garage. The weirdest thing is that I backed into my spot when we went to dinner. So yea, this would be a great time for someone to be a miracle worker.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #174
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeSS2009 View Post
Stieger - did you ever put the visor covers on? if so could you take a quick pic of them installed... Thanks!!

Btw - She looks great!! Keep up the good work
Dropped the car off at the dealership earlier today. She was bucking pretty hard on the drive over so hopefully its nothing too bad. Didn't get a chance to take pictures of the visors, sorry. Dealership said that they will be giving me a call tomorrow morning after they have a chance to look at her.

Also, my car was just put onto Vote My Ride. So take a look, and vote for me
Old 07-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #175
Darth_Emma

Voted!!! (yes, for you)

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1