Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #201
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
No not yet. I checked in with them last week and they are still waiting on the x-pipe to come in.

yea yea I know I know. I'm doing my heritage grille this weekend so hopefully that will hold you jackals over for a while.
i'll give them a kick for you.
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #202
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
i'll give them a kick for you.
please and thank you.

Just found out that Emblem Pros got licensing approval to do GM logos. So I sent Roger a PM, hopefully we can get the wheels turning on the BLACK concept door sills.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #203
The Stig

Score! Road Rage's door panels arrived today. I'm not bothering to unpack them as they are just going to get shipped back out in the next few days anyway.

This means I can finally get the ball rolling on my black chrome door and dash panels. Though I shouldn't get anybody's hopes up, lest my own. Once I send them out to Chris (6liter) it will probably be about a month ish until I get them back. Still though, it's progress so super excited.

I also just gave my credit card over to Bassani, the x-pipe should be in Gary is going to double check tomorrow. So hopefully they will ship out in these next few days. Don't expect to get them by the weekend, and then next weekend I am going to a wedding in Rochester so that's a scrap. Looks like 1st weekend in August I'll be putting these bad boys on.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #204
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Where is the wedding in Rochester? (I'm from Rochester.)
Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #205
The Stig

Oh also, almost forgot this last bit. So I'm driving home from work (and I'm in MD so no hand held phones, but I have bluetooth so not caring). Well I remembered reading somewhere on here that you can access your phonebook (as in the phonebook on your phone) by issuing the right set of voice commands. Well it took about 15 minutes of guessing but I finally figured it out.

Press the call button

Say "bluetooth"

Say "voice"

Say the name of the contact you want to dial

The car gives you a bunch of options, basically whatever numbers you have under that contacts name. I was calling my mum, so it said "home", "mobile", "government"

Then you say whatever one you want to call, I said "mobile", not that you guys care anyway. I'm so proud of myself for figuring it all out
Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #206
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Where is the wedding in Rochester? (I'm from Rochester.)
It's really in Churchville. My girlfriend is best friends with the bride-to-be so I am really just tagging along. They are an adorable couple though, they're my just out of college so its a bit young but not my place to start that discussion.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #207
Darth_Emma

I use the bluetooth, voice thing all the time. I use the voice dialing on my cell phone that way.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #208
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Score! Road Rage's door panels arrived today. I'm not bothering to unpack them as they are just going to get shipped back out in the next few days anyway.

This means I can finally get the ball rolling on my black chrome door and dash panels. Though I shouldn't get anybody's hopes up, lest my own. Once I send them out to Chris (6liter) it will probably be about a month ish until I get them back. Still though, it's progress so super excited.

I also just gave my credit card over to Bassani, the x-pipe should be in Gary is going to double check tomorrow. So hopefully they will ship out in these next few days. Don't expect to get them by the weekend, and then next weekend I am going to a wedding in Rochester so that's a scrap. Looks like 1st weekend in August I'll be putting these bad boys on.
I got mentioned in your build thread!!!!
Make sure to post pics of the door panels when you get them back!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #209
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I use the bluetooth, voice thing all the time. I use the voice dialing on my cell phone that way.
Some of us are slow alright. I got Eleanor in August of 2009, Kaylee was born on Oct 9 of 2010, it is currently July 2011, and I am just figuring it out OK.

I drive the short camaro, I know.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #210
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Quote:
Some of us are slow alright. I got Eleanor in August of 2009, Kaylee was born on Oct 9 of 2010, it is currently July 2011, and I am just figuring it out OK.

No worries, I still wouldn't know if I didn't read your post!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #211
Darth_Emma

Quote:

I'm sure there are things you know about the car that I'm clueless about. I'm just a computer/ipod/cell phone geek, so I actually read the manual about all that when I first got the car.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #212
The Stig

OK so, I'm getting a little frustrated with something. *note this is me not ranting or bashing, just getting frustrated and have a few questions*. Showstoppers, I ordered a hydrocarbon radiator cover and hydrocarbon door kick panels on May 1st. Yep, over two months ago. In late may I got the pieces and did a test fit, the radiator cover needed some trimming so I marked it with a sharpie and sent it back off to Showstoppers.

Well now its July 20th and I have no hydrocarbon parts. I was told by showstoppers that the parts are being held up at the hydro-imaging guy, which is totally fine I can understand that the guy is busy. Em, I know you have a bunch of parts from them, how long did you have to wait?

Again, I'm not bashing, accusing, insulting, or any other kind of negative talk towards Showstoppers. I just want to know if this wait time is usual or if something is a muck and there is a chance that they ran off with my hard-earned golden doubloons.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #213
Darth_Emma

I have ordered a lot of parts from showstopper. He is totally honest and has not run off with your money. He does do a lot of custom work and I believe he usually does the work in the order in which it was received. His work is second to none and will be worth the wait, but I have had to wait a couple of months for pieces before.

Send him a pm and ask him when you can expect to get your pieces.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #214
The Stig

I did. I sent him one earlier, but in writing it I got curious how long it has been since I ordered them. I'm not questioning his work, half the forum raves about his stuff. I was just curious at the usual wait time for his parts.

Also, on a related note. I'm doing my dash ABL tonight.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #215
Darth_Emma

Quote:
I did. I sent him one earlier, but in writing it I got curious how long it has been since I ordered them. I'm not questioning his work, half the forum raves about his stuff. I was just curious at the usual wait time for his parts.

Cool. Let me know how the dash ABL goes. I've wanted to do it, but I don't want it to look like a hack job.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #216
The Stig

Oh there will be pictures, and quite possibly video. I got lucky though, snagged a tyco light pipe off a member who sold his camaro. Got the light pipe and (2) of the GM blue LEDs for $35 shipped. I'm a bargain shopper what can I say
Old 07-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #217
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Oh there will be pictures, and quite possibly video. I got lucky though, snagged a tyco light pipe off a member who sold his camaro. Got the light pipe and (2) of the GM blue LEDs for $35 shipped. I'm a bargain shopper what can I say
Cha ching!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #218
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
They say patience is a virtue with that mod... good luck, it looks good when done right

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #219
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Quote:

Once I get everything for it, would you mind helping me do mine?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #220
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
Once I get everything for it, would you mind helping me do mine?
Of course not, I'd be more than happy to. After I got back from the gym I was pretty beat, so didn't get to finish the mod tonight as I was hoping. But I can say that I have everything for it all nicely laid out and in place. I am going with the DIY approach that does not require any sanding of the panel. Supposedly you end up with the dash trim sticking about 3-4mm out from the dash, which I'm OK with if it saves me the sanding process.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #221
The Stig

This is what I came across this evening: she's not even a year old yet and strangers are taking pictures of her with her hood up. Then on top of that, they are posting those pictures, pictures of her belt, catch can, and even her air intake on the internet. What is this world coming too.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #222
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Quote:
This is what I came across this evening: she's not even a year old yet and strangers are taking pictures of her with her hood up. Then on top of that, they are posting those pictures, pictures of her belt, catch can, and even her air intake on the internet. What is this world coming too.

Can I make you famous?!! Haha!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #223
The Stig

So I'm at Great Falls cars and coffee right now, pretty good turn out considering the heat. But what grinds my gears is that my right side afterburners are out. I checked Em this morning and they were fine. Not an hour later and it's out. WTH? I'm hoping it's just the heat or something. But we'll see.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #224
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Quote:
So I'm at Great Falls cars and coffee right now, pretty good turn out considering the heat. But what grinds my gears is that my right side afterburners are out. I checked Em this morning and they were fine. Not an hour later and it's out. WTH? I'm hoping it's just the heat or something. But we'll see.
I'm going to have to come up sometime for that.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #225
The Stig

It's kind of awesome.

Tags
aac, advanced automotive concepts, ashen gray metallic, bad@sszl1, black chrome, boom, build thread, carbon fiber, cotw, fireball, gen5diy, kaylee, pedders, phantom black metallic, sad, the stig, this guy needs a lithograph, zl1