Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #1201
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post



An auto.

I knew there was something wrong w/ that RPO car... It never shifted out of 1st gear...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #1202
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,502
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Kyle, I left the rig a few days early for the hurricane, let me know something... I'll snag Mlee and be on the way... I know someone that will give you a straight up analysis...

I'm home right now...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #1203
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
TAG only knows what I told him about the Z/28
And what he showed me. Those were some AWESOME pix! I want one now too!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #1204
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
And what he showed me. Those were some AWESOME pix! I want one now too!
Am I going to want one too... If so no mods to this one...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #1205
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Am I going to want one too... If so no mods to this one...
You can leave now
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 AM   #1206
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,387
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #1207
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,137
I hear the black suburbans are out looking for anyone with knowledge or pictures of any supposed Z/28..... RRRUUUUUNNNNN and they don't care who you know....
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #1208
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I hear the black suburbans are out looking for anyone with knowledge or pictures of any supposed Z/28..... RRRUUUUUNNNNN and they don't care who you know....
2012 Chevy Suburban 3/4-ton:
Weight = 6419 lbs.
Power = 352 hp
Torque = 382 lb-ft

2012 Chevy Tahoe (more likely):
Weight = 5567 lbs.
Power = 320 hp
Torque = 340 lb-ft

2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS (Auto):
Weight = 3913 lbs.
Power = 400 hp
Torque = 410 lb-ft

So, unless their black SUV's have a serious bump in power-to-weight ratio, I think I'm just fine
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #1209
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
2012 Chevy Suburban 3/4-ton:
Weight = 6419 lbs.
Power = 352 hp
Torque = 382 lb-ft

2012 Chevy Tahoe (more likely):
Weight = 5567 lbs.
Power = 320 hp
Torque = 340 lb-ft

2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS (Auto):
Weight = 3913 lbs.
Power = 400 hp
Torque = 410 lb-ft

So, unless their black SUV's have a serious bump in power-to-weight ratio, I think I'm just fine
They are Hennessey Specials....just saying
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #1210
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,757
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
They are Hennessey Specials....just saying
oh yea?

so they are over priced, the power claims are way off and they do not have a warranty....

still safe Justin.


Unless they have a Henderson Package, an ADM Alteration or a Lingenfelter Lobe... then not to worry.
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #1211
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
oh yea?

so they are over priced, the power claims are way off and they do not have a warranty....

still safe Justin.


Unless they have a Henderson Package, an ADM Alteration or a Lingenfelter Lobe... then not to worry.
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #1212
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,710
Oh, snap!
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #1213
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,757
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
hey guys... been MIA for a while..

busy with work, my dad, my barn, etc
(not busy with the car, unfortuntaly)

car is back in my barn, waiting for the Henderson Grab&Go Team to come take her westbound and down.
The other shop never dug into it this summer... think they were scared to see what they did to it! Much wasted time, oh well... snow is about to fly anyway, another summer of no driving.

on a side note... I did get a new emblem made to replace the Old English D, I think it will look good, but we will see.... its the Michigan Mitten, haha.
the detail that emblempros can laser into these emblems are insane, every peninsula and bay are on that outline
Attached Images
   
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #1214
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,502
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
hey guys... been MIA for a while..

busy with work, my dad, my barn, etc
(not busy with the car, unfortuntaly)

car is back in my barn, waiting for the Henderson Grab&Go Team to come take her westbound and down.
The other shop never dug into it this summer... think they were scared to see what they did to it! Much wasted time, oh well... snow is about to fly anyway, another summer of no driving.

on a side note... I did get a new emblem made to replace the Old English D, I think it will look good, but we will see.... its the Michigan Mitten, haha.
the detail that emblempros can laser into these emblems are insane, every peninsula and bay are on that outline
Kyle,

That grill emblem is amazing....

And yes, we'll makeit up there to pick up detroit muscle... You and I need to figure out when....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #1215
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,581


Way cool.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #1216
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,673
Nice to see you checking in brotha... Sure hope your dad is getting along ok...

The car can definitely take a back seat for a while.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #1217
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,757
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Cancer Free

well...that s o b is tough as nails...
in a six month span he went from stage 4 bladder cancer, that spread into the lymph nodes, to 4 straight months of chemo, with hardly any hope of keeping the bladder or prostate, ... but... he had no hair loss, no getting sick... just a little tiredness.

Chemo did wonders, there was a chance he could keep his organs.
They put him on a 6 week stint of BCG treatment... which means they fill his bladder up through the ..... with a solution of bovine tuberculosis and let it sit for a few hours. supposedly it is suppose to activate the antibodies to help with left over cancer from chemo.
Well after 6 weeks we got the word he is cancer free. un-fricken-believable.
It will be a never ending battle though, it has a high reoccurrence rate, but BCG treatments once or twice a year should help.

on to other matters.
its been over 18 months and have only driven my car 10 miles.... pretty sad.

Robert, Corey said he is ready whenever I can get the car down to you guys.
TommyZ said he can probably get my car to Dallas shortly after the Detroit AutoRama, so hopefully you, or coreys shop, or Keith or someone could meet him in Dallas and take possession of it. We are runnin out of time for Texas Revolution though, bummer.. but it is what it is.

since I had a free winter and some spare cash... I commissioned some work done to the exterior... my girl is no longer a sleeper... but I think it is going to look wicked cool. (attached below is a sneak peak of the rendering)
only issue is... it will have to be pushed into AutoRama. hahahahhaha

hope all is well with everyone... too many people to list. I just love ya all.
enjoy your cars, hopefully I will be with yall sooner than later.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1218
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
well...that s o b is tough as nails...
in a six month span he went from stage 4 bladder cancer, that spread into the lymph nodes, to 4 straight months of chemo, with hardly any hope of keeping the bladder or prostate, ... but... he had no hair loss, no getting sick... just a little tiredness.

Chemo did wonders, there was a chance he could keep his organs.
They put him on a 6 week stint of BCG treatment... which means they fill his bladder up through the ..... with a solution of bovine tuberculosis and let it sit for a few hours. supposedly it is suppose to activate the antibodies to help with left over cancer from chemo.
Well after 6 weeks we got the word he is cancer free. un-fricken-believable.
It will be a never ending battle though, it has a high reoccurrence rate, but BCG treatments once or twice a year should help.

on to other matters.
its been over 18 months and have only driven my car 10 miles.... pretty sad.

Robert, Corey said he is ready whenever I can get the car down to you guys.
TommyZ said he can probably get my car to Dallas shortly after the Detroit AutoRama, so hopefully you, or coreys shop, or Keith or someone could meet him in Dallas and take possession of it. We are runnin out of time for Texas Revolution though, bummer.. but it is what it is.

since I had a free winter and some spare cash... I commissioned some work done to the exterior... my girl is no longer a sleeper... but I think it is going to look wicked cool. (attached below is a sneak peak of the rendering)
only issue is... it will have to be pushed into AutoRama. hahahahhaha

hope all is well with everyone... too many people to list. I just love ya all.
enjoy your cars, hopefully I will be with yall sooner than later.
That's great news! Good to see you back.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #1219
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,043
Kyle,

You know that I will help any way I can, just let me know!!

Sent from Camaro21's Tapatalk
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #1220
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
well...that s o b is tough as nails...
in a six month span he went from stage 4 bladder cancer, that spread into the lymph nodes, to 4 straight months of chemo, with hardly any hope of keeping the bladder or prostate, ... but... he had no hair loss, no getting sick... just a little tiredness.

Chemo did wonders, there was a chance he could keep his organs.
They put him on a 6 week stint of BCG treatment... which means they fill his bladder up through the ..... with a solution of bovine tuberculosis and let it sit for a few hours. supposedly it is suppose to activate the antibodies to help with left over cancer from chemo.
Well after 6 weeks we got the word he is cancer free. un-fricken-believable.
It will be a never ending battle though, it has a high reoccurrence rate, but BCG treatments once or twice a year should help.
Tough as nails is right!

That's amazing news to hear he is cancer-free. We will all keep him and your family in our prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
on to other matters.
its been over 18 months and have only driven my car 10 miles.... pretty sad.

Robert, Corey said he is ready whenever I can get the car down to you guys.
TommyZ said he can probably get my car to Dallas shortly after the Detroit AutoRama, so hopefully you, or coreys shop, or Keith or someone could meet him in Dallas and take possession of it. We are runnin out of time for Texas Revolution though, bummer.. but it is what it is.

since I had a free winter and some spare cash... I commissioned some work done to the exterior... my girl is no longer a sleeper... but I think it is going to look wicked cool. (attached below is a sneak peak of the rendering)
only issue is... it will have to be pushed into AutoRama. hahahahhaha

hope all is well with everyone... too many people to list. I just love ya all.
enjoy your cars, hopefully I will be with yall sooner than later.
Even if the car's not ready for Texas Revolution, you better be down here anyway to hang out and enjoy the festivities!
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #1221
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Kyle,

You know that I will help any way I can, just let me know!!

Sent from Camaro21's Tapatalk
Same here... and AWESOME news about your dad. I hope to meet him someday..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #1222
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.
 
rico-2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,217
Great news kg
Tell pops I said hi
Your mom as well
__________________
In many cases this isn't even keeping up with the Jones's, this is Jonesing and just plain KEEPING UP!!!
rico-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #1223
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,596
praise God, dude!

sorry to hear about your car - i ain't drove mine in a while neither, but yours is shaping up real nice now!
__________________

Last edited by zebra; 02-27-2013 at 01:49 AM.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #1224
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,919
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Congrats first and foremost in the bill of health being cancer free. That's great news.

The car is good news too. It is in good hands. We know that.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #1225
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,137
Congrats on your Dad being cancer free

Looking forward to seeing your car in its new bad@ss state
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
427, camaro of the week, detroit, gilmour, texigan, the circle, the mother of all twins

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout!! nmcajeff Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 3 07-30-2010 01:05 PM
4th Annual GM Performance Parts LSX Shootout!! nmcajeff Off-topic Discussions 0 07-28-2010 09:28 AM
Detroit muscle question xxbrankxx General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 08-19-2009 01:08 AM
Sad day for detroit muscle.. Corvette next to be axed? camarofanatic General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 33 05-03-2009 07:43 PM
Top Gear - Dodge Challenger & American Muscle Cars Tran General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 8 04-24-2008 11:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.