Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #3741
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
sold them today, guy came up from lauderdale andf picked them up...next week the kb supercharger will hit the market...billy , you wannna go reaaallll fassssssssssst,,lol
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #3742
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
UF4LIFE102SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2 SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL.
Posts: 4,103
Come on Billy! U can do it!
__________________
UF4LIFE102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #3743
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
**UPDATES**

Ladies and gents...

couple things to put out there...

1)- JUNE MEET-

The June TCC5 meet details are up in their own thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228562

Nutshell... Duffy's Car SHow, Jensen Beach, Sat, 6/16/12 5:30-9... all details, address, caravan info etc on the thread, website and FB

2)- NEW SHIRTS-

There has been an increasing demand for new club shirts, and thanks to Connie, I believe we finally depleted our remaining supply!!!

Looking for ideas, suggestions, recommendations, VENDORS (we are NOT using Southern Stitches again...) etc for new shirts... Color??? Style (T-Shirt vs Polo, cotton vs speed wick)??? Simple embroidered front vs full printed back/front???

What's everyone looking for???

Also- any ideas for an updated logo? We've been around for 14 months, change is always good... or not- you tell me????

3)- MONTHLY MEETS-

I must admitt, it takes a lot of time and effort finding and promoting various monthly activity-themed events; a few members have suggested dedicating a specific day each month (i.e. "third Saturday, or second Friday etc,) and meeting at a resteraunt/diner parking lot to hang out, eat and generally B.S... This would provide a set schedule rather than floating meets each month...(and eliminate the seperate monthly meet threads), there would always be the "special events" (Super Chevy, PBIR ,etc) that would fall in ADDITION to the monthly set meets. We can rotate locations to accomodate all members so the same members aren't constantly driving long distances...

Whats the general concensus on that????

If you guys/girls can please chime in and give me an idea, I'd like to hear as many responses as possible to get teh best feel for what direction the club as a whole wants..
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #3744
Rencor
 
Rencor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 510
I think set schedule makes sense.
__________________
Rencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #3745
1JEWLDSSRS

 
1JEWLDSSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 853
Hey ther y'all, I also tthink a set schedule would be great, that way I can plan ahead as to the day and time and most likely can make it down there to hang out..
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #3746
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
1)- JUNE MEET-

The June TCC5 meet details are up in their own thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228562

Nutshell... Duffy's Car SHow, Jensen Beach, Sat, 6/16/12 5:30-9... all details, address, caravan info etc on the thread, website and FB

a few members have suggested dedicating a specific day each month (i.e. "third Saturday, or second Friday etc,)

I know I am not in your club (yet...) but up here they have the meet every third Thursday at Five Guys in Palm Bay. Having a reoccurring time seems to help increase turnout since people can plan in advance.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #3747
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
I know I am not in your club (yet...) but up here they have the meet every third Thursday at Five Guys in Palm Bay. Having a reoccurring time seems to help increase turnout since people can plan in advance.
Exactly what we were thinking! Appreciate the info!!! Club member or not- if your up for a ride, your always welcome!!!!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #3748
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
While I'd never condone street racing, or anything similar... I suffered a great loss tonight, and disgrace to the Camaro world... on a closed course, with professional drivers... I was significantly run off the line by a 12' 5.0 w/ cat less exhaust, x-pipe, CAI and tune... "my professional driver" (w passenger) was gaining on him down the stretch, but the take off was horrendous. He had Faulken tires; I... I mean... "my professional driver" running near dead stock Pirellis, spun all the way thru 3rd...

Sorry Camaro world...

But tomorrows another day!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #3749
Justins00ss
 
Drives: 2000 viper blue flamed camaro ss
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: port saint lucie
Posts: 344
Sorry to hear kev. But yes the new 5.0s are quick. Looks like you need some nitto drag radials and that kb supercharger. J/K with ya man. It happens to the best of us.
__________________
2000 Camaro SS: TH350 RMVB FTI 4200, 236/240 cam, bolt ons, 9 inch, 150 wet kit, plus some other goodies, viper blue flames. M6 best time- 10.97 @ 128 1.58 60' best 60 1.52
Th350 best so far. 10.84 @126.3 1.55 60' BACK UP AND RUNNING!!!
Justins00ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #3750
STUGGOTS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MIAMI
Posts: 182
Anyone interseted changing the look 22"Asanti 3pc with tires 3100?

Last edited by STUGGOTS; 06-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
STUGGOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #3751
Rencor
 
Rencor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 510
Guys, Check out these cool 67 camaro's we worked on at AutoGeeks last night! The black Camaro was a complete frame off restoration with a big block in it. Absolutely beautiful car. It just came back from paint with the usual swirls & holograms that painters leave. We used BlackFire Scratch Resistant Compound to do most of the correction work and then BlackFire Scratch Resistant Finishing Polish to bring a wet shine. Then Topped off with BlackFire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. This looked like black ink when we were done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aJ4K_FN4cF8
__________________

Last edited by Rencor; 06-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Rencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #3752
FLRS
 
FLRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Port St Lucie, FL
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
Guys, Check out these cool 67 camaro's we worked on at AutoGeeks last night! The black Camaro was a complete frame off restoration with a big block in it. Absolutely beautiful car. It just came back from paint with the usual swirls & holograms that painters leave. We used BlackFire Scratch Resistant Compound to do most of the correction work and then BlackFire Scratch Resistant Finishing Polish to bring a wet shine. Then Topped off with BlackFire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. This looked like black ink when we done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aJ4K_FN4cF8
It looks great!
__________________
Gibson Axle Back - K&N Typhoon CAI - CFD Tap Shifter w/ Hurst Plate - Oracle Color Shift 2.0 - Oil Catch Can
FLRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #3753
BumbleBeeSS2009

 
BumbleBeeSS2009's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wellington FL
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
2)- NEW SHIRTS-

Looking for ideas, suggestions, recommendations, VENDORS (we are NOT using Southern Stitches again...) etc for new shirts... Color??? Style (T-Shirt vs Polo, cotton vs speed wick)??? Simple embroidered front vs full printed back/front???

What's everyone looking for???
I'm thinking we definately need something light (white) for those HOT days out in the sun....

But then again since everyone has black shirts and white shirts... maybe we should have a colored shirt to stand out a little more at meets/events... maybe red? Dunno... Just thinking out loud here...

Definately would like to see some speed-wick type shirts!!

Maybe names (both forum and regular) on the front / logo on the back?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Also- any ideas for an updated logo? We've been around for 14 months, change is always good... or not- you tell me????
Nothing against the old logo but I wouldn't mind seeing it revamped a little... maybe taking the 5th gen Camaro out and just using something Chevy related or just Camaro related (not gen related)...




Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
3)- MONTHLY MEETS-

I must admitt, it takes a lot of time and effort finding and promoting various monthly activity-themed events; a few members have suggested dedicating a specific day each month (i.e. "third Saturday, or second Friday etc,) and meeting at a resteraunt/diner parking lot to hang out, eat and generally B.S... This would provide a set schedule rather than floating meets each month...(and eliminate the seperate monthly meet threads), there would always be the "special events" (Super Chevy, PBIR ,etc) that would fall in ADDITION to the monthly set meets. We can rotate locations to accomodate all members so the same members aren't constantly driving long distances...

Whats the general concensus on that????
I LOVE the idea of a set monthly meet... I would lean more towards a Saturday - it would give us a chance to see each other more often because most months they'll always be something else going on (Super Chevy/PBIR/Shows/etc) I would see if we could get something going with a local restaurant that wouldn't mind seeing our ugly mugs once a month and maybe even give us a discount or something.... Maybe hold a monthly meet at duffys or something like that and then we could throw in the shows and races and stuff like that here and there.....



Just my .02


You need anything Kev, just let me know - always here to help out...
__________________

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #3754
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
Did Krystel put u up to the "red " Tony? Lol!

I was thinking maybe setting a monthly day then letting each member chose a location? Just an idea... hopefully we get a good turn out Saturday and we can discuss and finalize some of this stuff...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #3755
Rencor
 
Rencor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 510
Shirt Color - Red Jewel Tint?
__________________
Rencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #3756
DesignAlot
 
DesignAlot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 1.5-SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: PSL, Florida
Posts: 160
New shirts...

I am helping to work on the Navy Seals Museum website, and the guy I am working with owns a t-shirt shop and makes great quality t-shirts screen print and embroidered. I can pass his name and contact number on to you Kevin if you want to talk to him about shirts...
__________________
DesignAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #3757
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignAlot View Post
I am helping to work on the Navy Seals Museum website, and the guy I am working with owns a t-shirt shop and makes great quality t-shirts screen print and embroidered. I can pass his name and contact number on to you Kevin if you want to talk to him about shirts...
absolutely... thanks!

Hopefully we can get a consensus together Saturday at the meet and decide what everybody wants, then go from there
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 151 05-07-2015 06:52 PM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 10:27 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 01:45 AM
SEMA Show 2010 - New Camaro Products Showcase - pictures & descriptions! Sean@Phastek Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 59 06-23-2011 01:56 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.