Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #3741
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
sold them today, guy came up from lauderdale andf picked them up...next week the kb supercharger will hit the market...billy , you wannna go reaaallll fassssssssssst,,lol
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #3742
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Come on Billy! U can do it!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #3743
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
**UPDATES**

Ladies and gents...

couple things to put out there...

1)- JUNE MEET-

The June TCC5 meet details are up in their own thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228562

Nutshell... Duffy's Car SHow, Jensen Beach, Sat, 6/16/12 5:30-9... all details, address, caravan info etc on the thread, website and FB

2)- NEW SHIRTS-

There has been an increasing demand for new club shirts, and thanks to Connie, I believe we finally depleted our remaining supply!!!

Looking for ideas, suggestions, recommendations, VENDORS (we are NOT using Southern Stitches again...) etc for new shirts... Color??? Style (T-Shirt vs Polo, cotton vs speed wick)??? Simple embroidered front vs full printed back/front???

What's everyone looking for???

Also- any ideas for an updated logo? We've been around for 14 months, change is always good... or not- you tell me????

3)- MONTHLY MEETS-

I must admitt, it takes a lot of time and effort finding and promoting various monthly activity-themed events; a few members have suggested dedicating a specific day each month (i.e. "third Saturday, or second Friday etc,) and meeting at a resteraunt/diner parking lot to hang out, eat and generally B.S... This would provide a set schedule rather than floating meets each month...(and eliminate the seperate monthly meet threads), there would always be the "special events" (Super Chevy, PBIR ,etc) that would fall in ADDITION to the monthly set meets. We can rotate locations to accomodate all members so the same members aren't constantly driving long distances...

Whats the general concensus on that????

If you guys/girls can please chime in and give me an idea, I'd like to hear as many responses as possible to get teh best feel for what direction the club as a whole wants..
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #3744
Rencor

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I think set schedule makes sense.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #3745
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Hey ther y'all, I also tthink a set schedule would be great, that way I can plan ahead as to the day and time and most likely can make it down there to hang out..
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #3746
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
1)- JUNE MEET-

The June TCC5 meet details are up in their own thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228562

Nutshell... Duffy's Car SHow, Jensen Beach, Sat, 6/16/12 5:30-9... all details, address, caravan info etc on the thread, website and FB

a few members have suggested dedicating a specific day each month (i.e. "third Saturday, or second Friday etc,)

I know I am not in your club (yet...) but up here they have the meet every third Thursday at Five Guys in Palm Bay. Having a reoccurring time seems to help increase turnout since people can plan in advance.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #3747
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
I know I am not in your club (yet...) but up here they have the meet every third Thursday at Five Guys in Palm Bay. Having a reoccurring time seems to help increase turnout since people can plan in advance.
Exactly what we were thinking! Appreciate the info!!! Club member or not- if your up for a ride, your always welcome!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #3748
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

While I'd never condone street racing, or anything similar... I suffered a great loss tonight, and disgrace to the Camaro world... on a closed course, with professional drivers... I was significantly run off the line by a 12' 5.0 w/ cat less exhaust, x-pipe, CAI and tune... "my professional driver" (w passenger) was gaining on him down the stretch, but the take off was horrendous. He had Faulken tires; I... I mean... "my professional driver" running near dead stock Pirellis, spun all the way thru 3rd...

Sorry Camaro world...

But tomorrows another day!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #3749
Justins00ss

Drives: 2000 viper blue flamed camaro ss
Sorry to hear kev. But yes the new 5.0s are quick. Looks like you need some nitto drag radials and that kb supercharger. J/K with ya man. It happens to the best of us.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #3750
STUGGOTS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS/RS
Anyone interseted changing the look 22"Asanti 3pc with tires 3100?

Last edited by STUGGOTS; 06-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
STUGGOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #3751
Rencor

Guys, Check out these cool 67 camaro's we worked on at AutoGeeks last night! The black Camaro was a complete frame off restoration with a big block in it. Absolutely beautiful car. It just came back from paint with the usual swirls & holograms that painters leave. We used BlackFire Scratch Resistant Compound to do most of the correction work and then BlackFire Scratch Resistant Finishing Polish to bring a wet shine. Then Topped off with BlackFire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. This looked like black ink when we were done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aJ4K_FN4cF8

Last edited by Rencor; 06-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Rencor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #3752
FLRS

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
Guys, Check out these cool 67 camaro's we worked on at AutoGeeks last night! The black Camaro was a complete frame off restoration with a big block in it. Absolutely beautiful car. It just came back from paint with the usual swirls & holograms that painters leave. We used BlackFire Scratch Resistant Compound to do most of the correction work and then BlackFire Scratch Resistant Finishing Polish to bring a wet shine. Then Topped off with BlackFire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. This looked like black ink when we done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aJ4K_FN4cF8
It looks great!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #3753
BumbleBeeSS2009

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
2)- NEW SHIRTS-

Looking for ideas, suggestions, recommendations, VENDORS (we are NOT using Southern Stitches again...) etc for new shirts... Color??? Style (T-Shirt vs Polo, cotton vs speed wick)??? Simple embroidered front vs full printed back/front???

What's everyone looking for???
I'm thinking we definately need something light (white) for those HOT days out in the sun....

But then again since everyone has black shirts and white shirts... maybe we should have a colored shirt to stand out a little more at meets/events... maybe red? Dunno... Just thinking out loud here...

Definately would like to see some speed-wick type shirts!!

Maybe names (both forum and regular) on the front / logo on the back?

Quote:
Also- any ideas for an updated logo? We've been around for 14 months, change is always good... or not- you tell me????
Nothing against the old logo but I wouldn't mind seeing it revamped a little... maybe taking the 5th gen Camaro out and just using something Chevy related or just Camaro related (not gen related)...

Quote:
3)- MONTHLY MEETS-

I must admitt, it takes a lot of time and effort finding and promoting various monthly activity-themed events; a few members have suggested dedicating a specific day each month (i.e. "third Saturday, or second Friday etc,) and meeting at a resteraunt/diner parking lot to hang out, eat and generally B.S... This would provide a set schedule rather than floating meets each month...(and eliminate the seperate monthly meet threads), there would always be the "special events" (Super Chevy, PBIR ,etc) that would fall in ADDITION to the monthly set meets. We can rotate locations to accomodate all members so the same members aren't constantly driving long distances...

Whats the general concensus on that????
I LOVE the idea of a set monthly meet... I would lean more towards a Saturday - it would give us a chance to see each other more often because most months they'll always be something else going on (Super Chevy/PBIR/Shows/etc) I would see if we could get something going with a local restaurant that wouldn't mind seeing our ugly mugs once a month and maybe even give us a discount or something.... Maybe hold a monthly meet at duffys or something like that and then we could throw in the shows and races and stuff like that here and there.....

Just my .02

You need anything Kev, just let me know - always here to help out...

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #3754
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Did Krystel put u up to the "red " Tony? Lol!

I was thinking maybe setting a monthly day then letting each member chose a location? Just an idea... hopefully we get a good turn out Saturday and we can discuss and finalize some of this stuff...
Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #3755
Rencor

Shirt Color - Red Jewel Tint?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #3756
DesignAlot

Drives: 2011 IBM 1.5-SS M6
New shirts...

I am helping to work on the Navy Seals Museum website, and the guy I am working with owns a t-shirt shop and makes great quality t-shirts screen print and embroidered. I can pass his name and contact number on to you Kevin if you want to talk to him about shirts...
Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #3757
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignAlot View Post
I am helping to work on the Navy Seals Museum website, and the guy I am working with owns a t-shirt shop and makes great quality t-shirts screen print and embroidered. I can pass his name and contact number on to you Kevin if you want to talk to him about shirts...
absolutely... thanks!

Hopefully we can get a consensus together Saturday at the meet and decide what everybody wants, then go from there