Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #3165
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
Guys I need help....I came across this list, and I currently have 275/35-21 rears that need to be replaced...so will any of these sizes do? What difference does it make on the sizes? I'm still new with cars and never really looked into wheels before :

Recommended 21" tires for 2010 Camaro
245/40-21 = 28.7" tall, 8.0-8.5 wheel
255/40-21 = 29.0" tall, 8.0-8.5 wheel
265/35-21 = 28.3" tall, 8.5-9.0 wheel
275/35-21 = 28.6" tall, 9.0-9.5 wheel
285/35-21 = 28.9" tall, 9.5-10.0 wheel
295/35-21 = 29.1" tall, 10.0-10.5 wheel
305/30-21 = 28.2" tall, 10.0-11.0 wheel
315/30-21 = 28.4" tall, 10.5-11.0 wheel
Jamie-

I don't know much about wheels/tire ratios myself but there's a good detailed explanation in the tire section, by phenotype the sponsors... I used it when I was deciding on wheels- it really helped me out
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #3166
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Jaime068's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
What are you trying to achieve?

275 is the width of the tire
35 is the height of the tire (rim lip to the top of the tire)
21 is the diameter
I just need two new tires lol, I have staggered so I cant do a rotation...my two rear tires thread is like flat!
__________________
Jaime068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #3167
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Jaime068's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
it depends if you want to keep the same look you currently have
275-35-21 or if you want to change it up with a wider tire.. tire height changes your speedometer reading so you have to be careful with how high you go over factory sizes... It can be tuned to correct incase you do go bigger/Smaller


I would keep it with the factory wheel sizes to not mess up a good thing or go wider in the rear for a new look but then you have other variables with rim width size..
*sigh* ok...should've never went with 21's lol
__________________
Jaime068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #3168
BumbleBeeSS2009

 
BumbleBeeSS2009's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wellington FL
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Tony- u get my PM????
yeah....figured we'd talk about everything on sunday... Im taking toni up for the shower and then I figured we'd do whatever
__________________

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #3169
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
Guys... in addition to the obvious reason I'm up here, plz also say a prayer for the well-being of my car... I mistakenly booked a hotel online, and it's a nightmare... I'm seriously scared for the safety of my vert tonight...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #3170
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros
 
KalCorp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Bay , FL
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Guys... in addition to the obvious reason I'm up here, plz also say a prayer for the well-being of my car... I mistakenly booked a hotel online, and it's a nightmare... I'm seriously scared for the safety of my vert tonight...
Not much into religion but this for you!

Lord our God, You guided man to invent this car which is as fast as the wind: Therefore, O Lord, pour now upon it your heavenly blessings. Grant unto it a guardian angel that it may be guided upon the rightful road and be preserved against all harm. Enable those who ride in this car to arrive safely at their destination. For in your ineffable Providence, You are the Provider of all things, and to You we give glory, to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and always and for ever and ever. Amen. Blah blah blah..... and so on

O and while your at it please help GM fix the Top issues! Thanks Bro!

Last edited by KalCorp; 03-08-2012 at 11:36 AM.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #3171
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Not much into religion but this for you!

Lord our God, You guided man to invent this car which is as fast as the wind: Therefore, O Lord, pour now upon it your heavenly blessings. Grant unto it a guardian angel that it may be guided upon the rightful road and be preserved against all harm. Enable those who ride in this car to arrive safely at their destination. For in your ineffable Providence, You are the Provider of all things, and to You we give glory, to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and always and for ever and ever. Amen. Blah blah blah..... and so on

O and while your at it please help GM fix the Top issues! Thanks Bro!
Awesome Dion!!!!!! Lmfao!!!!!!


I couldn't do it... after seeing a group of... um... "less than desirable " ppl walking through the lot, stopping to check out my car, I had enough. Packed my daughter up and we left. Now we're in a much more accommodating Holiday Inn, she's swimming and my cars happily meangling with a Charger SRT in the lot.... perhaps it was devine intervention after all; they refunded my "other" hotel!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #3172
Black11SS
 
Black11SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Port St Lucie
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalCorp View Post
Not much into religion but this for you!

Lord our God, You guided man to invent this car which is as fast as the wind: Therefore, O Lord, pour now upon it your heavenly blessings. Grant unto it a guardian angel that it may be guided upon the rightful road and be preserved against all harm. Enable those who ride in this car to arrive safely at their destination. For in your ineffable Providence, You are the Provider of all things, and to You we give glory, to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and always and for ever and ever. Amen. Blah blah blah..... and so on

O and while your at it please help GM fix the Top issues! Thanks Bro!
__________________
2011 Black SS
C5 Cold Air Intake
Borla Atak Axle Back Exhaust
Black11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #3173
FLRS
 
FLRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Port St Lucie, FL
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Awesome Dion!!!!!! Lmfao!!!!!!


I couldn't do it... after seeing a group of... um... "less than desirable " ppl walking through the lot, stopping to check out my car, I had enough. Packed my daughter up and we left. Now we're in a much more accommodating Holiday Inn, she's swimming and my cars happily meangling with a Charger SRT in the lot.... perhaps it was devine intervention after all; they refunded my "other" hotel!
Less than desirable? Can you elaborate?
__________________
Gibson Axle Back - K&N Typhoon CAI - CFD Tap Shifter w/ Hurst Plate - Oracle Color Shift 2.0 - Oil Catch Can
FLRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #3174
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Drago77's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Posts: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRS View Post
Less than desirable? Can you elaborate?
Unless its Krystel, or other similarly hot, young females, everyone's "less desirable" when it comes to hanging around my car! (P.C. baby!!!!!)

Now here's one for you... currently at Hooters in Augusta, 2 waitresses ASKED to take pix w me car (insert permagrin) but I had to decline... of course out of respect to my wife who's not here with me, and a distant second is the fact my car is so embarrassingly dirty- I don't want anyone taking pix of it!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #3175
FLRS
 
FLRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Port St Lucie, FL
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Unless its Krystel, or other similarly hot, young females, everyone's "less desirable" when it comes to hanging around my car! (P.C. baby!!!!!)

Now here's one for you... currently at Hooters in Augusta, 2 waitresses ASKED to take pix w me car (insert permagrin) but I had to decline... of course out of respect to my wife who's not here with me, and a distant second is the fact my car is so embarrassingly dirty- I don't want anyone taking pix of it!
__________________
Gibson Axle Back - K&N Typhoon CAI - CFD Tap Shifter w/ Hurst Plate - Oracle Color Shift 2.0 - Oil Catch Can
FLRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #3176
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Jaime068's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,317
Guys how hard is it to install a new tire? :l
__________________
Jaime068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #3177
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5
 
Jaime068's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,317
$20? Lol yeah and I went with the 295/30ZR21 continentals
__________________
Jaime068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #3178
Black11SS
 
Black11SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Port St Lucie
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
Picture Video from the Rally...
Awesome video.....wish I could have made it, work ruins many a car show lol
__________________
2011 Black SS
C5 Cold Air Intake
Borla Atak Axle Back Exhaust
Black11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 151 05-07-2015 05:52 PM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
SEMA Show 2010 - New Camaro Products Showcase - pictures & descriptions! Sean@Phastek Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 59 06-23-2011 12:56 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.