Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #86
jay11

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Have you taken the vehicle to the dealership for diagnosis? I apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. If you want to PM me any details, I will definitely look into my resources to see if there are any options available to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

My Oil Pump went out again last night. 2nd one in 4 months. both times were on start up.
jay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #87
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay11 View Post
My Oil Pump went out again last night. 2nd one in 4 months. both times were on start up.
I am sorry to hear of this! Have you been to the dealership for repairs? Also was the last one fixed at a dealership? Please let me know. Also if you could please PM me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, I would be happy to research the issue further!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #88
Flatfoot

Drives: 2011 Camaro Conv.
2011 2ss Camaro Conv. oil problems. On my third oil pan, best I can tell the oil cooler gaskets/ O ring replaced three times. 6 times to the shop for the exhaust. and 6 times for the defective top. Not sure what they were drinking the day they built my car. its been setting in the garage for almost six weeks. I'm afraid to drive for fear of blowing the motor. As it was explained by the dealer the last time, because the motor was leaking so much oil. NO MODS strictly stock.. My last new 2010 silverado had a blown cam shaft. Gm customer service is less than helpful. after 6 cars in 11 years I hate to say it but i think I'm done with gm. They have no customer loyalty, after you buy the car they are done with you. Glad they had such a record breaking year on the back of the working class. Notice they don't use "made in America" or what was it " The heart beat of America" that's because it would be in cardiac arrest. The new catch phrase for the defective vehicle/parts. " That's a characteristic of the Vehicle". So we can expect to dump oil on the floor. Great customer Service.

Last edited by Flatfoot; 08-15-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: errors
Flatfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #89
Mikey193

Drives: 2012 black ss/rs camaro
Just happened to my 2012 ss, low oil pressure light came on.
I shut it off, made sure there was oil (there was). Started it back up and it made a loud tapping noise. Gonna have it towed to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take too long to fix :(
Mikey193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #90
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfoot View Post
2011 2ss Camaro Conv. oil problems. On my third oil pan, best I can tell the oil cooler gaskets/ O ring replaced three times. 6 times to the shop for the exhaust. and 6 times for the defective top. Not sure what they were drinking the day they built my car. its been setting in the garage for almost six weeks. I'm afraid to drive for fear of blowing the motor. As it was explained by the dealer the last time, because the motor was leaking so much oil. NO MODS strictly stock.. My last new 2010 silverado had a blown cam shaft. Gm customer service is less than helpful. after 6 cars in 11 years I hate to say it but i think I'm done with gm. They have no customer loyalty, after you buy the car they are done with you. Glad they had such a record breaking year on the back of the working class. Notice they don't use "made in America" or what was it " The heart beat of America" that's because it would be in cardiac arrest. The new catch phrase for the defective vehicle/parts. " That's a characteristic of the Vehicle". So we can expect to dump oil on the floor. Great customer Service.
I apologize for the dissatisfaction and inconveniences you are experiencing with your Camaro. If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership; I would be more than happy to see if there are any available options to you!

I look forward to your reply!

Brandon
Old 08-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #91
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey193 View Post
Just happened to my 2012 ss, low oil pressure light came on.
I shut it off, made sure there was oil (there was). Started it back up and it made a loud tapping noise. Gonna have it towed to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it won't take too long to fix :(
Please let us know how your service appointment goes. We do apologize for any frustrations you may be experiencing with this concern.

Brandon
Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #92
kennyo

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS L99
I'd hate to use my onstar app to remote start my car at work and come down to a seized engine because I wasn't there to see the warning on the DIC.
Mods-Painted Crystal Red Tintcoat Rally Stripes,Rotofab CAI,Dynatech ZL1 long tube headers and high flow cats with Borla S-Type catback exhaust,JRE tune,SS badges on trunk and grille,SM Tach chrome rims,Kenwood DNX890hd head unit,Hybrid audio clarus component set and Mirus 6x9 speakers,JL XD 700/5 amp.
kennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #93
Mikey193

Drives: 2012 black ss/rs camaro
had it towed to the dealer today, they said the wont even look at it today. i have a feeling its gonna be a while :(
Mikey193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #94
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Mine just crapped out today, 11,425 on the odometer. 3000 rpm and 45 mph, went to shift and the traffic light changed so I had clutched it rolling to the stop and bells and whistles. I shut it off right away, had a roll back take it to my house. I'm stuck with it.... My warranty ran out 17 days ago, I can't for the life of me remember why I was so bent on ordering a car before it went into production.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F

Last edited by tjbusa; 09-06-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: factual clairity
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #95
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
You sure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Mine just crapped out today, 11,100 on the odometer. 3000 rpm and 45 mph, went to shift and bells and whistles. I shut it off right away, had a roll back take it to my house. I'm stuck with it.... My warranty ran out 17 days ago, I can't for the life of me remember why I was so bent on ordering a car before it went into production.
I thought your drivetrain coverage was 5 years. 100,000 miles ?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #96
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy56 View Post
I thought your drivetrain coverage was 5 years. 100,000 miles ?
You'd be amazed how many people don't realize that.

NY5thgen.com
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #97
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

I guess that will depend on the dealer, I figure I will be eating this because I have a edelbrock supercharger and a custom tune. We all know a total loss of oil presssure has nothing to do with a supercharger but the fact that it is modded is probably enough.
I will call my dealer tomorrow and in the meantime, shop around for a quality Melling oil pump. I am going to be down for awhile, mentally and physically.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
W T F

Last edited by tjbusa; 09-06-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #98
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Mine just crapped out today, 11,100 on the odometer. 3000 rpm and 45 mph, went to shift and bells and whistles. I shut it off right away, had a roll back take it to my house. I'm stuck with it.... My warranty ran out 17 days ago, I can't for the life of me remember why I was so bent on ordering a car before it went into production.
Have you been to a dealership to see if there are any options available to you? Please let us know! Also, we can check into this for you; we just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, and involved dealership.

Brandon
Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #99
freefallin2005

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
well with all these problems, i bought my 11 ss last sept and still have only 900 miles on it. Im wndering if i should just replace the oil pump now with a quality one so i dont have this issue. I will be doing a cam and supercharger install in january........
freefallin2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #100
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin2005 View Post
well with all these problems, i bought my 11 ss last sept and still have only 900 miles on it. Im wndering if i should just replace the oil pump now with a quality one so i dont have this issue. I will be doing a cam and supercharger install in january........

Do it when you have it apart for the cam install. No sense on doing it now. I hope your fear of a broken oil pump isnt the reason you only have 900 miles on your car. The sky is not falling, drive and enjoy your car.

NY5thgen.com

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 08-31-2012 at 08:52 PM.
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #101
freefallin2005

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
No lol, i have been deployed and not able to drive. Home now and time to put some mileage before the northeast weather comes knocking
freefallin2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #102
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

I roll-backed my camaro to my dealer, with labor day weekend, they just got on it yesterday. First step, mechanical guage at the port next to the oil filter. Sure as heck, no oil pressure, failed oil pump. I always thought oil pump failures were the result of mainly oil contamination. I'll let you know how deep in my pocket this will be after I get a quote sometime today.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
W T F