Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 03-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Thumbs down Beware Vertical Doors in Corona, CA!!!

I just had a disquieting experience with a Vertical Doors supplier in Corona, CA.
After having asked and been answered some practical questions regarding vertical doors, sometimes called Lambo doors, for my Camaro, the fellah wanted my phone number to discuss it further. I told him, at that point, how I had already had done that after having ordered the doors on line and paid, I thought, by credit card. I told him how I had been quizzed earlier for all sorts of personal information that the salesman for Vertical Doors told me was requisite to purchase their product. Of course, at that time, I refused, and I told the fellah on the phone how suspicious that all seemed. :(

Now, I said, "Here, that is why I've brought my checkbook." He replied, "No, we don't accept checks." Miffed though I was, I told him that I'd even write a check and wait till he is happy that it had cleared. He refused. Only the credit card with the full set of information would do.

At that point, it was clear to me that a scam was in progress. I immediately left.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
svtjackal
in love with Olivia now.

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
They did you a favor by not letting you buy "lambo doors" for your camaro.

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I tried to follow you're story, but im lost....
Where you physically there? or was this a conversation on the phone??
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Ivas
el Ruco

Clarification for earlier posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
I tried to follow you're story, but im lost....
Where you physically there? or was this a conversation on the phone??
Both. I had earlier attempted to buy the doors as a kit on-line from the Vertical Door website. It seemed to be done. Later, I received a call that asked me for the personal information that is never required by legitimate businesses. There were several further attempts to persuade me that "this information is the 'way we do business'." And I was invited to see the shop for myself.
Today, I thought that the direct approach would obviate their demands for this untoward information. I went there. The rest you know.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Honestly, I always wondered how the hell do you open the doors when parallel parked in a mall parking lot. LOL
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Etherij

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Crazy. Screw that!
Flowmaster AMT
Etherij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
Ivas
el Ruco

Red face It IS an unbecoming modification, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtjackal View Post
They did you a favor by not letting you buy "lambo doors" for your camaro.
Man, I tell you, I detest the idea of such doors on my Camaro, yet I am compelled by the exigencies of opening the long door of my car in limited space
parking spots far enough for me and my steel reinforced leg (there was a compound fracture as a result of a motorcycle wreck 27 years ago) to exit the vehicle. Believe me, I'll never mention its existence, unless I have to (the door operates normally as well) AND I intend to have just the driver's door so equipt.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Honestly, I always wondered how the hell do you open the doors when parallel parked in a mall parking lot. LOL

What does parking parallel have to do with anything, if anything parking this way would make it even easier to open a door.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Tell us what they wanted to know that was out of line...I for one, am curious.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
What is the website you are talking about?
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
Ivas
el Ruco

The website is verticaldoors.com
The website was perfectly normal. What wasn't normal were the "follow-up" calls by someone saying they needed the full number of my credit card, expiration date, et cetera; red flags started going up; I had already typed those numbers into my order, and they had been accepted. I thought that I could have confidence that Vertical Doors didn't reveal that number to third parties (a standard legal precaution). In addition, the voice over the phone, screaming children in the background sounds, wanted my full name, address, et cetera. It was then that the creepiness of this transaction caused me to cancel it.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
I must say...if your going to do the driver door...please do the passenger side as well... LOL

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
What does parking parallel have to do with anything, if anything parking this way would make it even easier to open a door.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
Ivas
el Ruco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I must say...if your going to do the driver door...please do the passenger side as well... LOL
You're missing my point, bro. I don't want the damned doors at all. They look like shit. I MUST have one door, the driver's door to exit from the car in less than convenient parking spaces. Believe you me, I would never inflict such a travesty of design on this car unless I had to do so.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
Forcer

Drives: 2010 2SS Custom Camaro.
Lol im sorry man its really not worth it, i have them on mine and i have them as cosmetic and show only, you do realize u still need to open the door 45 degrees before you can lift it up... so you mys well just get out of the car without lifting it up.

also.. if you buy them, ebay is a good way to be safe about it.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #16
Ivas
el Ruco

Thumbs up Thanks, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
Lol im sorry man its really not worth it, i have them on mine and i have them as cosmetic and show only, you do realize u still need to open the door 45 degrees before you can lift it up... so you mys well just get out of the car without lifting it up.

also.. if you buy them, ebay is a good way to be safe about it.
Thanks, man, I'm gonna try e-Bay right now.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
kevlarking13
SoCal HT5

Drives: Inferno Orange SS
Hey guys, I do a lot of buisness with the gentlemen at VDI, mainly because their awesome guys and I know I can trust leaving my car with Any of their mechanics. From personal experience I can say that my doors are the best quality of vertical doors I've ever seen on the street. I'm not exactly sure how anyone could have a bad experience with them. I have a whole club who can back me up on this when I say, vertical doors is hands down the best and only place you should purchase vertical doors from.
kevlarking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
kevlarking13
SoCal HT5

Drives: Inferno Orange SS
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to pm me and I'll call them up myself and get to the bottom of any type of situation you may be concerned about.
kevlarking13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
This dude sounds like a troll. VDI has hundreds of satisfied customers and I am one of them. Everybody at Vertical Doors Inc was very friendly and professional. Their mechanics are top notch as well. They took the time to explain the whole installation process with me before starting and let me watch everything they did. I paid with a credit card and had no issues. Sounds like your trying to give VDI a bad rep for some reason.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #20
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
I also got mine from VDI. And i believe i had to give out all that information also a year ago. They would not sell them without it. So far no issues.

And I love the doors and also put them in myself.

You can see pictures of them in My SCC Garage
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #21
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
I got my doors done there also and office staff along with installers were very professional so I think you're being a little over dramatic and if what you say is true lets see some proof
Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]

Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
I have Vertical Doors Inc. door hinges on my car and don't have any problems, nor did I with their company. The owner himself did a lot of the work (along with other shop mechanics), and was respectful and knowledgable in regards to his own product. Overall, I had a good experience with them and would go back.

I don't like taking my car to ANY shop, and it went fine for me if that makes you somewhat comfortable. I'm the most picky son of a bitch when it comes to my car. I don't think you should have a problem. If you dont want to pay with the credit card over the phone from a sales rep, ask to speak with the owner and ask him to take the payment information. If they do anything at all that's shady and wrongful with your CC info., it's one hell of a mean lawsuit. There is no way a company as well known as VDI wants to deal with that, or even take a chance. I paid cash for my door hinges though, so I don't know how they handle their credit card transactions.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
I paid cash for my doors
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
i have made at least 7 purchase's from them, with my card, not one issue.

lupe

See www.camarocustoms.com
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #25
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
:troll:
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote