Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #43
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
Sure I'll give it a penny, but seriously any body can add horsepower to their cars, but if you really want to stand out and have some serious performance then weight is a crucial factor, especially in RWD cars

ZL1 is not supposed to be a stripped down Camaro with more power and less weight that is what the Z28 badge is for!
__________________
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #44
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
i wish there was a way to order one without the stripes. All they do is attract attention in traffic.
The stripe down the roof and center of the trunk lid, I believe is optional!
__________________
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #45
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...
 
CoolestCamaro873's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
I'm sure that nobody buying this car wants to draw attention to themselves!
__________________
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #46
Blackdevil77

 
Blackdevil77's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
im sure it will be both heavy and fast. Probably 4100lbs thats my guess. a lighter car would be off the hook but not sure how possible that is without taking away from the cars overall quality feel.
I sure hope not. I'm hoping they at least match the SS' weight. It does seem like more added weight was mentioned rather then weight reduction (supercharger, mag ride, stronger axles, diff, etc) vs. weight reduction of carbon fiber insert on hood, lighter wheels and whatever else they mentioned. I hope they did more then that to reduce weight.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #47
96_2010_CAMARO
 
96_2010_CAMARO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS , liberty kk
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: somewhere beyond
Posts: 389
Send a message via MSN to 96_2010_CAMARO
awesome !
__________________
2012 2SS/RS silver ice metallic camaro
96_2010_CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,656
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Maybe because I have a deposit on the ZL1 and Chevy built me the car exactly the way I would have built it, I am a little partial to the ZL1. My feeling is anytime an automobile manufacturer builds a car that fits 98% of the things that you are looking for in a car, then they built you the car you wanted. Honestly, I still can't get over all of the negatives on here about this car. Maybe it is something that I am missing because honestly, I simply do not see anything negative about the car, once I got over Chevy NOT calling it a Z28. This Camaro has so much technically advanced equipment and power of which ALL of it is geared to go fast and built to last, I truly can't understand all of the nitpicking and negative thoughts. So the car is almost 4000 lbs. It has always been almost 4000 pounds. Did you really expect them to add a S/C with 150HP, magnetic ride, HD transmission and rear end and expect it to lose weight. I mean really did you? The ZL1 will be an absolutely phenomenal car at a weight that it has always been. I am sure the next generation Camaro will be on more of a diet, but in the meantime, this this ZL1 Camaro has been brought back to wreak havoc on the world. One of my favorite car ads said: When you turn your car on, does it return the favor? This car will definitely turn you on when you fire it up. If it doesn't then, there really is NO hope for you. Just an old farts opinion.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #49
The Flash
 
The Flash's Avatar
 
Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panama
Posts: 246
You will have to change your shockabsorbers first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
I wish they had these in all cars... wonder if they would work on any camaro.
I understand these settings are for the magnetorehological struts used in the CORVETTE and the CTS-V.


The Flash
__________________
The Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #50
Qdiesel
 
Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 170
If this puppy gets PTM/traction control, you can say bye to the GT500 no matter how much horespower it gets. Sub 4 sec 0-60 and high 11's here we come.
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,106
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Maybe because I have a deposit on the ZL1 and Chevy built me the car exactly the way I would have built it, I am a little partial to the ZL1. My feeling is anytime an automobile manufacturer builds a car that fits 98% of the things that you are looking for in a car, then they built you the car you wanted. Honestly, I still can't get over all of the negatives on here about this car. Maybe it is something that I am missing because honestly, I simply do not see anything negative about the car, once I got over Chevy NOT calling it a Z28. This Camaro has so much technically advanced equipment and power of which ALL of it is geared to go fast and built to last, I truly can't understand all of the nitpicking and negative thoughts. So the car is almost 4000 lbs. It has always been almost 4000 pounds. Did you really expect them to add a S/C with 150HP, magnetic ride, HD transmission and rear end and expect it to lose weight. I mean really did you? The ZL1 will be an absolutely phenomenal car at a weight that it has always been. I am sure the next generation Camaro will be on more of a diet, but in the meantime, this this ZL1 Camaro has been brought back to wreak havoc on the world. One of my favorite car ads said: When you turn your car on, does it return the favor? This car will definitely turn you on when you fire it up. If it doesn't then, there really is NO hope for you. Just an old farts opinion.
Well, it's this young punk's opinion, too....exactly.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #52
Punk_rider

 
Punk_rider's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 763
that steering wheel is really horrible ...
__________________
I'm kindly asking: "May I have a supercharged Z28 with 550 hp please? By the end of 2009 would be awesome. Thanks"
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #53
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,656
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well, it's this young punk's opinion, too....exactly.
Thanks for the support Dragoneye. Are you going to C5Fest II?
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #54
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,106
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Thanks for the support Dragoneye. Are you going to C5Fest II?
Sure am!!

I'm lucky enough to have had things work out where I can come...and given that window of opportunity: I wouldn't miss it for the world! You?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #55
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,656
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
that steering wheel is really horrible ...
Unless you have been someplace where you were not supposed to be, I am not sure that you have had a chance to grip the steering wheel yet to see how it feels.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #56
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,656
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Sure am!!

I'm lucky enough to have had things work out where I can come...and given that window of opportunity: I wouldn't miss it for the world! You?
OK thanks, I will send you a PM.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Suspension -- The Book JusticePete Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 151 05-07-2015 05:52 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.