Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
cosmin haraga
 
cosmin haraga's Avatar
 
Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Romania
Posts: 127
lt rs package wheels

sooooooo does anybody know what I am getting?
I've found a chart saying 20 polished silver midnight finish, but I was looking for the 20 polished silver from the ss , mine is silver.
do you think I have a chance to get the brighter once?
methinks they match the car colour better
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
ZombieEatsYou

 
ZombieEatsYou's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Waldorf, Maryland
Posts: 1,276
20 inch midnight silver painted is standard with the RS, 20" polished is a $470 upgrade option Q9J w/RS.
__________________
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
They look like this.



- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
ChevyBoiSS
 
ChevyBoiSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 302
i think the lightr color cars look better with the midnight silver wheels, and the black, rjt, imperial blue cars look better with the polished wheels. Just me though.
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
cosmin haraga
 
cosmin haraga's Avatar
 
Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Romania
Posts: 127
so my dealer says i get second row first from the left
and Q9J is first row third from the left for 470 $ more
I know i want 20x8/20x9 variant but I just can't decide over the color to go with Silver ice metallic, the show cars were v8 and wore the polished aluminum.
also i'm afraid should I scratch them, i won't be able to replicate the midnight finish - is it paint ?
while if polished is just that polished aluminum i could.
keep in mind i'm in europe
Attached Images
 
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes
 
camarolt76's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hampton Roads Virginia
Posts: 596
20" Sterling silver finish wheels are standard on the 1SS and 2SS. If you add the RS option the wheels change to 20" Midnight Silver Wheels. If you decide you would rather have the 20" polished on your SS/RS you can do that but it will cost and additional $470. I have seen the 20" midnight silver wheels on a Camaro and they look real good. I also think they look pretty robust. I would not be too worried about scratches if I were you.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:31 AM   #7
cosmin haraga
 
cosmin haraga's Avatar
 
Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Romania
Posts: 127
its a 2 lt with rs pack
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
myold88


 
myold88's Avatar
 
Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 5,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
20" Sterling silver finish wheels are standard on the 1SS and 2SS. If you add the RS option the wheels change to 20" Midnight Silver Wheels. If you decide you would rather have the 20" polished on your SS/RS you can do that but it will cost and additional $470. I have seen the 20" midnight silver wheels on a Camaro and they look real good. I also think they look pretty robust. I would not be too worried about scratches if I were you.
This is not correct per my dealer. You cannot get 20" polished wheels as a option on a SS/RS. If you dont get the Rs pkg then you can. I think the polished alum wheel is the only one that doesn't look dirty.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
rolnslo
Rolling along...
 
rolnslo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
This is not correct per my dealer. You cannot get 20" polished wheels as a option on a SS/RS. If you dont get the Rs pkg then you can. I think the polished alum wheel is the only one that doesn't look dirty.
I'll come out and say it...Your dealer is an idiot!

You can add the polished 20" wheels (+$470) to your SS/RS and they will replace the midnight silver wheels that are included in the RS package. GM made the changes for this option right around Thanksgiving last year based on feedback from this site and the other 5th gen forums. Have your dealer go in and try it again. Some people said that they had to submit a new order to get the change accepted and others said they were able to just update their existing order.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
edog


 
edog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: F'BURG VA
Posts: 3,576
Send a message via MSN to edog
I was able to update my order at my dealer. I did not need to do a different order.

I would think by now all the dealers would know how to make changes in the system. It has been a long time since we have heard of issues in the system.

MYOLD88 When were you told by your dealer the rims would not be available with the RS package? Was it before Thanksgiving?
__________________
LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Halltech CAI, Pedders sways, endlinks, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. Tuned by Doug @ ECS. 435HP/420TQ
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #11
Rockies4

 
Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Maria, California
Posts: 791
Let's get the LS7 rims. I would gladly pay the extra cost. Take a look at the survey.
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #12
myold88


 
myold88's Avatar
 
Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 5,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
I was able to update my order at my dealer. I did not need to do a different order.

I would think by now all the dealers would know how to make changes in the system. It has been a long time since we have heard of issues in the system.

MYOLD88 When were you told by your dealer the rims would not be available with the RS package? Was it before Thanksgiving?
Odog_ No I was at my dealer this past Friday (see my $2500.00 Non refundable deposit thread)- The visit became a joke. This dealer only had one sold order he put in 2 months age so I agree his computer may not be updated. I have now hooked up with another dealer so I hope I have better luck as I love those 20" polished wheels.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
domano 68
 
domano 68's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SE
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin haraga View Post
so my dealer says i get second row first from the left
and Q9J is first row third from the left for 470 $ more
I know i want 20x8/20x9 variant but I just can't decide over the color to go with Silver ice metallic, the show cars were v8 and wore the polished aluminum.
also i'm afraid should I scratch them, i won't be able to replicate the midnight finish - is it paint ?
while if polished is just that polished aluminum i could.
keep in mind i'm in europe
Thanks for posting.
__________________
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pay full price for RS package if we have SS??? JeanBond21 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 53 08-26-2011 02:04 PM
Anybody else want the Midnight Silver wheels without the RS Package? frank99ta Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 14 07-30-2011 05:32 PM
why get an rs package on the 2ss? LS3SSRS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 66 08-16-2009 06:14 PM
Polished wheels not available on a 2SS RS SS-LS3 Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 19 10-13-2008 11:11 PM
Thoughts on Relative Pricing of the RS Package jmliptak Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 22 07-28-2008 02:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.