Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Rocky918
 
Rocky918's Avatar
 
Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 747
Opinions on Vertical Foglights

So what are your opinions on the stacked fog lights big over small .. i believe the big one acts as a DRL and the small one acts as a complement to the HID/halos at night

personally, I think its ugly as crap and aside from tinted windows, my very first mod will be to try and find a custom plastic insert, or have one made with LED strips ... I want something modern, not retro looking bulbs

plus, I think they should have made the bumper ports a little bigger... makes it look more aggressive to compliment whats under the hood
__________________
- Life is to short to let it pass you by
Rocky918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #2
nasa.zl1
 
Drives: 2011 White Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 122
I wished they would have used led lights. Every time I replace a bulb they always only have one left, not a pair. Then the following week I have to do the same all over again.
__________________
1969 ZL1 Camaro, "I'll be back"
nasa.zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
Weezerj
 
Weezerj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 672
Photoshop someone?
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,507
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Ilike them, but I would have preferred the Jay Leno concept version better.
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Blackdevil77
 
Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 406
They don't bother me at all. I like them fine, don't find them one bit "ugly"
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,302
Suprised that no one has mentioned removing 1 set for brake cooling ducts.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
Elite1
 
Elite1's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pinehurst, NC
Posts: 171
Send a message via Skype™ to Elite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
So what are your opinions on the stacked fog lights big over small .. i believe the big one acts as a DRL and the small one acts as a complement to the HID/halos at night

personally, I think its ugly as crap and aside from tinted windows, my very first mod will be to try and find a custom plastic insert, or have one made with LED strips ... I want something modern, not retro looking bulbs

plus, I think they should have made the bumper ports a little bigger... makes it look more aggressive to compliment whats under the hood
I totally agree with you on that, we have something in place like you mention a custom plastic insert with LEDs installed. LEDs are locked and loaded just waiting...
Elite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1 View Post
I totally agree with you on that, we have something in place like you mention a custom plastic insert with LEDs installed. LEDs are locked and loaded just waiting...

Will it be functionable like the stock set to cool the front brakes?
If so I'll be interested to learn more as to how they look and the price.
Thx
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
Rocky918
 
Rocky918's Avatar
 
Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Will it be functionable like the stock set to cool the front brakes?
If so I'll be interested to learn more as to how they look and the price.
Thx
the bumper ports dont cool the brakes lol .... they are just for cosmetics ... the front bumper and splitter setup is what directs the air to cool the brakes...
__________________
- Life is to short to let it pass you by
Rocky918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #10
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky918 View Post
the bumper ports dont cool the brakes lol .... they are just for cosmetics ... the front bumper and splitter setup is what directs the air to cool the brakes...

Hmm thats not what I remember reading, but I could be wronge I'll have to reread that again. But if thats the case that takes that out of the equation altogather.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #11
Rocky918
 
Rocky918's Avatar
 
Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Suprised that no one has mentioned removing 1 set for brake cooling ducts.
reallly? you wanna turn that into a hole on the front of your car? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I would have preferred the Jay Leno concept version better.
agreed, maybe someone will make aftermarket plastic inserts to somewhat match that?
__________________
- Life is to short to let it pass you by
Rocky918 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beware Vertical Doors in Corona, CA!!! Ivas Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences 25 09-10-2012 08:49 PM
Trading in 2010 for 2011?? Opinions? mothercatmatt 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 25 02-08-2011 10:06 PM
SUB DECISIONS & NEED OPINIONS.... JEFF2010SSMANUAL Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 6 06-06-2010 09:47 AM
Photoshop Request: Tinted Headlights & Foglights SamSS Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum 13 02-22-2010 01:35 AM
LMPerformance Inc., Vertical Doors Kit for Camaro 2010 LMPerformance V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 0 02-12-2010 02:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.