Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #188
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Drives: Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Hey I know I was one busting your balls ,but now I'm I trader too.
APRIL FOOLS
HAHA...did they send u a message saying you weren't respecting other forum users....because that's what I got ... A WARNING LMAO, drive wtf u want! and the reasons that justify that, please please please don't state them, because some of the camaro owner get their feathers ruffled

with that said.... I LOVE AMERICA
Old 04-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #189
motorhead

Drives: Stormtrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
At least you traded UP!
Yeah I'll have no problem smoking a challenger now. I wasn't so sure in my camaro.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #190
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Quote:
At least you traded UP!
and here we go.... WE DONT TRADE DOWN
Old 04-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #191
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
clever motorhead....
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #192
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rmMopar2MaroSS View Post
HAHA...did they send u a message saying you weren't respecting other forum users....because that's what I got ... A WARNING LMAO, drive wtf u want! and the reasons that justify that, please please please don't state them, because some of the camaro owner get their feathers ruffled
You're the one getting your feathers ruffled. I've flamed people on this forum when I was completely justified and was in agreement with almost everyone on this forum and still recieved a warning. Inciting others into heated conversation instead of keeping it civil is what will get you a warning. Continuing to complain about this forum, camaro owners and the mods is what will get you banned.

Again why do you need to work so hard to justify your decision when you're the only one that has to live with it? If I did the same I would of walked away from this silly argument a long time ago.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #193
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Challenger R/T can run with a Camaro SS, it's a commonly known fact....
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #194
mjf6866

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Challenger R/T can run with a Camaro SS, it's a commonly known fact....
just like your G35 can run with the R/T
-HopNot total package
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
Old 04-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #195
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
just like your G35 can run with the R/T
It could.... in an autocross, drifting competition(hows your non-defeatable stability control working for yah ? ) or 1/8 mile, or possibly 1/4 mile(I run low-mid 13s with some "minor" modifications, K and N Dual Cold Ram Air Intakes, Stillen catback exhaust, etc.; went from 266 whp to 284). Love revving it to 8,000 rpm, have fun doing that in your "Hemi", which technically isn't even a Hemi.... ahh hell with it, I love the Challenger.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #196
mjf6866

Quote:
It could.... in an autocross, drifting competition(hows your non-defeatable stability control working for yah ? ) or 1/8 mile, or possibly 1/4 mile(I run low-mid 13s with some "minor" modifications, K and N Dual Cold Ram Air Intakes, Stillen catback exhaust, etc.; went from 266 whp to 284). Love revving it to 8,000 rpm, have fun doing that in your "Hemi", which technically isn't even a Hemi.... ahh hell with it, I love the Challenger.

i look at the challenger as a straight line car, that can handle, but not "sports car" handle. its heavy and has presence...its a true muscle car.

oh, and do you have videos or slips of YOUR runs in low 13s? not a link to someone else like last time.

i do the "key trick" to turn off the stability control so no worries from me except letting it get too out of control. thanks for asking.

i cant care less if the heads and pistons are'nt hemispherical...do you think that really bothers me? as long as its a torquey V8 with a nice even power curve, they could call it whatever whey want.

we dont need to rev that high to get our power in our "fake" hemis

and your car isnt stock, but you criticize azl msce's posts when he's in the same boat as you...having to mod to keep up with an LS3. L99's on the other case are MUCH closer to the r/t...but we've been down this path before

you truly do have a personal vendetta against mopars...you have denied it, but any chance you get to throw an extra attempt at jabs always points to challengers. its understood if you are just trying to justify your purchase by trying to make other cars "inferior". some jabs are aimed at trying to get camaro guys to back you, which is funny to me....please continue!
-HopNot total package
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
Old 04-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #197
08-G35s/6MT

I do, in fact, have something against a lot of mopar products in general... I went through hell and back with every single mopar product I have ever owned(or rented!), I will keep it at that. I am sure they are better now, so I am not particularly biased for or against some of the newer products out there. I thought the stability control was non-defeatable, but the just the traction control defeatable ? Who is azl msce ?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:49 AM   #198
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Ewww... awful thread.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #199
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
L99's on the other case are MUCH closer to the r/t...but we've been down this path before

popcorn:

2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #200
4rmMopar2MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66olds442 View Post
You're the one getting your feathers ruffled. I've flamed people on this forum when I was completely justified and was in agreement with almost everyone on this forum and still recieved a warning. Inciting others into heated conversation instead of keeping it civil is what will get you a warning. Continuing to complain about this forum, camaro owners and the mods is what will get you banned.

Again why do you need to work so hard to justify your decision when you're the only one that has to live with it? If I did the same I would of walked away from this silly argument a long time ago.
I've justified my decision in so many ways its makes me sick that I made the wrong decision to start with. Being banned couldn't scare me any less buddy....Guess I'm a rebel by nature lol. Thanks for the heads up. I probably should have walked away long ago but...why not argue to defend my standpoint... makes for a good time
Old 04-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #201
mjf6866

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
i dont know why so many facepalms? advantage still goes to the L99, but when both are dynoing the same HP to the same wheels, the R/T makes a hair more torque and a slight weight advantage to the camaro, they are both very similar...in a straight line that is...like it or not. stock for stock.

this doesnt need to turn into the other "challenger r/t vs camaro L99" thread again!
-HopNot total package
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #202
mjf6866

Quote:
I thought the stability control was non-defeatable, but the just the traction control defeatable ? Who is azl msce ?
yes, on SRT and super track pack cars you can turn it off all the way by holding the TC button in.

on the regular track pack and R/Ts you have to do the "key trick" where you have to be coasting 5mph or more, turn the the key to the "START" position and hold it there for a few seconds. bit of a pain, but worth it when you want to have some fun!

az mscl is what i meant
-HopNot total package
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
Old 04-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #203
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
As I stated earlier, right now, the SS is the equivalent of the Challenger R/T, not the SRT-8. However, HP wise, it's the only competitor of the SRT-8. Prior to the rebirth of the 5.0, you would have had to compare the SS to the GT500 Mustang to see any real balance...

Chevy isn't using 3 motors like Dodge is currently, but once the ZL1 debuts, it will.

Also, as I stated before as well, the Challenger is not a mass production model. It's essentially a limited run car. They can afford to charge more and be more "high" class with it compared to the Camaro. To put it bluntly, Chevy has made more Camaros in the last 4 months than Dodge has built in the last 2 years. It's really an apples to oranges comparison.
LMAO! You can't be serious. What makes the Challenger "high class" compared to the Camaro? Or the Mustang for that matter? Absolutely nothing. The Challenger is most certainly a mass produced car and is not some special "limited run" car. Why are there so many Camaros being built compared to the Challenger? Because the Camaro is selling! There's no wait list to get into a Challenger, they just don't sell nearly as well. Limited run LOL.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #204
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
LMAO! You can't be serious. What makes the Challenger "high class" compared to the Camaro? Or the Mustang for that matter? Absolutely nothing. The Challenger is most certainly a mass produced car and is not some special "limited run" car. Why are there so many Camaros being built compared to the Challenger? Because the Camaro is selling! There's no wait list to get into a Challenger, they just don't sell nearly as well. Limited run LOL.
There's no winning with him.

Tags
2ss, challenger, hemi, mopar, srt8