Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #155
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Like Ive said before, if you cant fit in the Camaro comfortably you must have cave man skills at adjusting seats.

Once again, 6'3 195 pounds and I have WAY more room than I need. Why? because Im not a caveman.
If you can fit in the Camaro, you can basically fit into ANY car, in other words.... Just takes some practice and bending and awkward positions. You have way more room than you need ? I am 6'0"-6'1" and I sat at the autoshow a few weeks back and had the seat all the way down(as low it can possibly go) yet my hair was still brushing against the headliner. In other words... how much room DO you need? 1 centimeter ? 1 millimeter ? Though it does have ample legroom.... It's basically a Concept Car that is road legal, so it just makes sense that way anyhow...
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #156
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
300 pounds is actually a big deal in terms of performance buddy...

its the reason why the camaro can Spank the Challenger, and the reason why the 5.0 can spank the SS.
Have you ever raced one? My RT will take a stock SS! Another bench racer maybe?

Not here to start the old "my car is faster than your car" game, but seriously, you should go to a track. Course my RT isn't exactly stock either, but it's still NA... CAI, tune and catback (plus other secret stuff). Where the car rags come up with their data, I don't know, but for instance, they say a RT will do 0-60 in like 10 secs. I've managed to do mine in 4.7 with 250 lbs of driver, 5 lb helmet and a months worth of groceries in the trunk - with street tires. Once the rocket boosters, parachute and slicks go on I'll be doing the 1/4 in 5 secs!

And you're right, the 5.0 will spank an SS. The 5.0 is without a doubt the fastest (stock) muscle car of the big three. Anyway, I'm done. Enjoy the pissing contest. Some of you guys take this shit way too serious. We're all here to have fun! We all have killer cars! I think I'll buy a Camaro too Smile

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #157
AZ MSCL

News update!! I just checked the big three forums (Camaro, Challenger and Mustang) and guess what? Camaro forum: The Camaro was faster than the other two; Challenger forum: The Challenger was faster than the other two and Mustang forum: Even the 3Vs were faster than the other two. And the 5.0 is faster than the GT500. Interesting...

Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #158
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post

Not here to start the old "my car is faster than your car" game, but seriously, you should go to a track. Course my RT isn't exactly stock either, but it's still NA... CAI, tune and catback (plus other secret stuff). Where the car rags come up with their data, I don't know, but for instance, they say a RT will do 0-60 in like 10 secs. I've managed to do mine in 4.7 with 250 lbs of driver, 5 lb helmet and a months worth of groceries in the trunk - with street tires. Once the rocket boosters, parachute and slicks go on I'll be doing the 1/4 in 5 secs!

And you're right, the 5.0 will spank an SS. The 5.0 is without a doubt the fastest (stock) muscle car of the big three. Anyway, I'm done. Enjoy the pissing contest. Some of you guys take this shit way too serious. We're all here to have fun! We all have killer cars! I think I'll buy a Camaro too Smile
In your dreams it might take a stock SS. Stock SS will put good lengths on that RT garbage. Please take the caveman fairy tale statements somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
If you can fit in the Camaro, you can basically fit into ANY car, in other words.... Just takes some practice and bending and awkward positions. You have way more room than you need ? I am 6'0"-6'1" and I sat at the autoshow a few weeks back and had the seat all the way down(as low it can possibly go) yet my hair was still brushing against the headliner. In other words... how much room DO you need? 1 centimeter ? 1 millimeter ? Though it does have ample legroom.... It's basically a Concept Car that is road legal, so it just makes sense that way anyhow...
Your hair hit? Considering you drive an Infinity i'd guess you also look as guido as possible and spike your hair up like a jersey shore goon, in which case yes your hair would hit brush. Otherwise no...
The seat tilts powers and backwards so you probably didnt have it all the way down. I mean, I own the car, you sat in it at an auto show for probably 25 seconds. I just might have a better opinion on this matter.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #159
AZ MSCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
I wish I had pie.

Mmmmmmm... Pie....

Old 04-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #160
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
Glad you like the new ride. Sounds the bigger complaints on the SS was, lack of room and rigid ride and some other things. But at the end of the day the SS is a sports car, there gunna be tight for space and ride rough..My biggest complaint on my SS is its not rigid enough and I would like more balls. LOL. SRT8 is a nice ride though..Happy drivin
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #161
AZ MSCL

Quote:
In your dreams it might take a stock SS. Stock SS will put good lengths on that RT garbage. Please take the caveman fairy tale statements somewhere else.

Your hair hit? Considering you drive an Infinity i'd guess you also look as guido as possible and spike your hair up like a jersey shore goon, in which case yes your hair would hit brush. Otherwise no...
The seat tilts powers and backwards so you probably didnt have it all the way down. I mean, I own the car, you sat in it at an auto show for probably 25 seconds. I just might have a better opinion on this matter.
In my dreams? RT garbage? Caveman fairy tales? I think I struck a nerve... That all you got? Obviously your knowledge of cars and their capabilities is seriously limited. Get off the crapper, toss the Motor Trend rag away and join reality. You have a lot to learn, but probably not from me.

And of course, I have no doubt you have a better opinion than anyone here. I mean, you own the car right? This may come as a shock, but other people here own cars too! And they mod and race them. Geez man, you might want to try not being so full of yourself. The Camaro's a great car but it's not all that. You sound a lot like someone who decided to buy their car because of what they read.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here - if you listen a bit, you might learn something. I'll bet you're actually a nice guy and we would have a great conversation about muscle cars over a beer or two. It's funny how the internet brings out comments you'd likely never say to someones face.

Why do you feel the need to be like that?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #162
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
In my dreams? RT garbage? Caveman fairy tales? I think I struck a nerve... That all you got? Obviously your knowledge of cars and their capabilities is seriously limited. Get off the crapper, toss the Motor Trend rag away and join reality. You have a lot to learn, but probably not from me.

And of course, I have no doubt you have a better opinion than anyone here. I mean, you own the car right? This may come as a shock, but other people here own cars too! And they mod and race them. Geez man, you might want to try not being so full of yourself. The Camaro's a great car but it's not all that. You sound a lot like someone who decided to buy their car because of what they read.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here - if you listen a bit, you might learn something. I'll bet you're actually a nice guy and we would have a great conversation about muscle cars over a beer or two. It's funny how the internet brings out comments you'd likely never say to someones face.

Why do you feel the need to be like that?
"In my dreams? RT garbage? Caveman fairy tales? I think I struck a nerve... That all you got? "

Bro RT car will get its doors blown off stock for stock by an SS what drugs are you on? Seems like the nerve is on you that you cant accept this fact.

"Obviously your knowledge of cars and their capabilities is seriously limited."

How could you make that assumption based off me talking about car weight and seating positions? At 17 I built up a 16 second Maxima and made it run mid 13s. Installed all my mods myself besides welding up the exhaust parts and installed my entire custom nitrous set up myself. Im far from an expert but my knowledge is in no way "seriously limited." Bought my 5th gen at 19 as a 20th birthday present to myself. Now at 21 if I really wanted to, I could take 2-4 Gs and mod up my V6 to be a high 11 second car. But I like my warranty...

"And of course, I have no doubt you have a better opinion than anyone here. "

And I never said a better opinion than everyone here, specifically stated better than someone who spent 25 seconds in one at an auto show.

"Geez man, you might want to try not being so full of yourself. "

I'm not full of myself at all Im stating facts and common sense right now.

"You sound a lot like someone who decided to buy their car because of what they read."

LMAO opposed to what? Someone who doesnt read? Sorry next time I buy a car I wont read anything at all.

"I'll bet you're actually a nice guy and we would have a great conversation about muscle cars over a beer or two. It's funny how the internet brings out comments you'd likely never say to someones face. "

Whatever you say man, I made you look pretty foolish right up there ^ I would talk like this with you in person also, Im no internet warrior. In fact if you were close Id say lets hit the track this weekend and have some fun. Tone is hard to detect on the internet. Id say all this shit to you in person but the way I talk in person youd quickly realize Im not trying to start a fist fight, just having a friendly debate. Especially calling people cavemen But seriously lay off the sweeping generalizations, I just owned you on those.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 AM   #163
AZ MSCL

Quote:
Now at 21

Whatever you say man, I made you look pretty foolish right up there ^ I would talk like this with you in person also, Im no internet warrior. In fact if you were close Id say lets hit the track this weekend and have some fun. Tone is hard to detect on the internet. Id say all this shit to you in person but the way I talk in person youd quickly realize Im not trying to start a fist fight, just having a friendly debate. Especially calling people cavemen But seriously lay off the sweeping generalizations, I just owned you on those.

Now at 21... I wasn't going to say anything but your diction really shows your age young Jedi. Stock for stock? Who's talking about stock? I'm guessing your Camaro is stock - doesn't work so well in the world of drag racing (if you like winning). You're right, tone is hard to detect on the internet and I'm certainly all for friendly debate. But while you state your intention is not to start a fist fight, I expect anyone here might take it differently if you were sitting across from them on a bar stool. I guess you're old enough to sit on a bar stool now...

As for the sweeping generalizations, frankly, I'm trying spare your feelings. Regardless, you really got me - put me in my place, I've never felt more foolish in my life. You sure as hell "owned" me, no doubt about it. I'll be sure to watch out and show you the respect you deserve. Can we be friends now? Step up and join the muscle car family... How about it DarkneSS? Lighten up a little, maybe to GreyneSS. Or not a DragneSS (no pun intended).

You just have to admit a modded RT can take a stock SS

Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #164
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Now at 21... I wasn't going to say anything but your diction really shows your age young Jedi. Stock for stock? Who's talking about stock? I'm guessing your Camaro is stock - doesn't work so well in the world of drag racing (if you like winning). You're right, tone is hard to detect on the internet and I'm certainly all for friendly debate. But while you state your intention is not to start a fist fight, I expect anyone here might take it differently if you were sitting across from them on a bar stool. I guess you're old enough to sit on a bar stool now...

As for the sweeping generalizations, frankly, I'm trying spare your feelings. Regardless, you really got me - put me in my place, I've never felt more foolish in my life. You sure as hell "owned" me, no doubt about it. I'll be sure to watch out and show you the respect you deserve. Can we be friends now? Step up and join the muscle car family... How about it DarkneSS? Lighten up a little, maybe to GreyneSS. Or not a DragneSS (no pun intended).

You just have to admit a modded RT can take a stock SS
I'll take this silly age attacking post as a victory. Sorry my diction wasnt up to par at 1 in the morning, I had just finished a ten page political thought paper and all my effort went to that.
Like I said I dont care Id say it to anyone's face on here. If someone wants to start a fight with me over car talk then so be it, even if i lose the fight I aint throwing the first punch. In the real world if you start a fist fight over some car talk consider yourself arrested, this aint high school.

And yes a decently modified RT could potentially take a stock SS, as well as a mini van, whats your point?

And all I have is cut outs, Im not completely stretched finance wise on this car but at 21 you can imagine Id be in some trouble if anything over a $1000 repair came up and got denied by the dealer for warranty.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #165
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:

Did you really just go there. WOW, yes let's compare a modded car to a stock. LOL, duhhhhhhh. Give them the same mods and you back to where you started. WHY did you even say that.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #166
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
az mscl...you've just been "owned"....on an interweb message board
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #167
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
az mscl...you've just been "owned"....on an interweb message board
Here all day brotha, feel free to jump in and join him.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #168
DaILLestWun

Drives: 2006 Dodge Magnum
Yeah, the whole modded vs. stock thing doesn't make sense. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Shoot, my SXT Magnum can beat a stock SS if I mod it.
DaILLestWun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, challenger, hemi, mopar, srt8