Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green
 
GrnMchin's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Nova SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,237
Add me to the Z28 list..
__________________
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #30
anthonyj9h
"First There"
 
anthonyj9h's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: in a hole somewhere
Posts: 6,910
probly wont happen till 2016 when the new alpha platform comes out
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
No one wants to be like aytard. He is a douche for eggs.



it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #31
Black5thgen
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2007 C6
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,252
I would buy a Z28 if it was a bare bones performer that's lighter, faster and handles better than the SS at a decent price.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
New test picture of the new Z/28.

Can you see the Z/28 emblems on it?

Thank you alex33x for letting me use your car.
__________________
October 31, 2015 at 0700 - officially retired
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.

Last edited by Gramps69Z; 07-28-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #33
LoneCynic
 
LoneCynic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States of America
Posts: 439
Well, I have a somewhat unique perspective to add to this besides just saying "I want a Z28". I am definitely a minority segment, but possibly an important one. I currently have the 2011 Camaro LS M6 model. I did not buy the LS because I wanted better fuel economy or because I didn't have good enough credit to buy the SS. I bought the LS because it was the no frivolous extras model.

That's right, I didn't want backup sensors, a V8 that ran as a four cylinder half the time, bluetooth, Ipod connections, heated seats, etc, etc. I wanted a Camaro that was just an awesome car with the basics, because I wouldn't even use all that extra stuff if I had it, and I'm sure not going to pay for features I don't have a use for.

That brings me to the Z28 possibility. I would love to have a Camaro model that was focused solely on performance, and not on frivolous extras. A superior V8 without the half and half mode, no extras that aren't based on performance. An interior with the basics like my LS, but confidence that the higher price tag was for performance parts and not a bunch of stuff I don't want or need. THAT is the Z28 I'd go out and buy a second Camaro for. I wouldn't trade away my LS, I love it, but I would buy a second Camaro if it was a Z28.

a Z28 focused on performance and not frivolous extras is another Camaro I would buy. That is about the only way I see myself buying another one anytime soon. Mainly because all the SS models have too much in them that I don't need or even want. A 5th gen Z28 should be above the SS in performance, but akin to an LS in terms of extras. That's my 2 cents.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #34
bada
 
Drives: 1932 pro street truck ZO6 LS7 power
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenbrier tenn & pennington gap VA.
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
Well, I have a somewhat unique perspective to add to this besides just saying "I want a Z28". I am definitely a minority segment, but possibly an important one. I currently have the 2011 Camaro LS M6 model. I did not buy the LS because I wanted better fuel economy or because I didn't have good enough credit to buy the SS. I bought the LS because it was the no frivolous extras model.

That's right, I didn't want backup sensors, a V8 that ran as a four cylinder half the time, bluetooth, Ipod connections, heated seats, etc, etc. I wanted a Camaro that was just an awesome car with the basics, because I wouldn't even use all that extra stuff if I had it, and I'm sure not going to pay for features I don't have a use for.

That brings me to the Z28 possibility. I would love to have a Camaro model that was focused solely on performance, and not on frivolous extras. A superior V8 without the half and half mode, no extras that aren't based on performance. An interior with the basics like my LS, but confidence that the higher price tag was for performance parts and not a bunch of stuff I don't want or need. THAT is the Z28 I'd go out and buy a second Camaro for. I wouldn't trade away my LS, I love it, but I would buy a second Camaro if it was a Z28.

a Z28 focused on performance and not frivolous extras is another Camaro I would buy. That is about the only way I see myself buying another one anytime soon. Mainly because all the SS models have too much in them that I don't need or even want. A 5th gen Z28 should be above the SS in performance, but akin to an LS in terms of extras. That's my 2 cents.

Amen to this. As I said a LSX block, LSX-DR heads. Bare bones bad ass Z/28. Without all the bells & whistles I would not use either.
bada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #35
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,145
8.0 lbs./hp., nimble, lighter than an SS, $40ish in "1ZE" form...my deposit awaits!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #36
nards444

 
nards444's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New york
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I agree.
I'm guessing about $10,000. Difference between a ZL1 and a Z28. I'll take the Z28.
A lot of people who are planning to buy ZL1 are going to change their mind when the actual price is announced.
Ive been saying this for months. Everybody in here say oh ill pay whatever but when it comes down to it the price and the nuts and bolts of it your going to see a lot people back out. But with that said there is no promise of a Z/28 yet and some people act like its a for sure and its coming out

I would think a Z-28 coming out is going to depend somewhat on the success of the ZL1, what a successful number sold I dont know. But if GM only sells say less than 5,000 I dont see them coming out with another platform so quickly unless they can offer some thing thats maybe 10 grand cheaper than the ZL1 but has at least 50-75 more hp than the SS. Well see about the ZL1 not quite the hype that there was back in 2009 for the 2010 model and to be frank Ive heard nothing of the Zl1 besides C5.

Back to the original question. If the boss is faster and thats only what your looking for then I would say yes. If your lookin at price probably yes. If your looking at looks, brand loyal probably not. I just dont like Mustang with that said I wouldnt buy one and if thats all there was well I wouldnt have sports car
__________________
2010 1SS/RS Black, CGM stripes, polished Rims, Tinted windows, Hurst shifter

Last edited by nards444; 03-30-2011 at 02:51 PM.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #37
kbui

 
kbui's Avatar
 
Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 927
Sign me up for a Z/28 if GM can put one together that is:

1) 400lbs lighter
2) 15% increase in HP/TQ
3) SSX car suspension
4) $5-6K above the SS
5) ground effects
6) hugger orange paint
__________________

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #38
nards444

 
nards444's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New york
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
Sign me up for a Z/28 if GM can put one together that is:

1) 400lbs lighter
2) 15% increase in HP/TQ
3) SSX car suspension
4) $5-6K above the SS
5) ground effects
6) hugger orange paint
think you would be hard pressed to see number 1. The rest seems real doable.
__________________
2010 1SS/RS Black, CGM stripes, polished Rims, Tinted windows, Hurst shifter
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #39
Mikes SS

 
Mikes SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 1,030
No way, shouldn't cost more than a 2SS. Get rid of the 1SS and just insert Z/28. most of the things that are mentioned are "upgrades" but for the 2SS you are paying for convenience, leather, amenities...besides using a different engine aka upgraded 5.3L you should save money there by not using the LS3
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #40
nards444

 
nards444's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New york
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
No way, shouldn't cost more than a 2SS. Get rid of the 1SS and just insert Z/28. most of the things that are mentioned are "upgrades" but for the 2SS you are paying for convenience, leather, amenities...besides using a different engine aka upgraded 5.3L you should save money there by not using the LS3
I would agree with you but at lot of people want the leather and crap and they will just pile it on top of their loan that they already cant afford to get it. I bought the 1SS because I was concerned more with performance than interior ammenties.
__________________
2010 1SS/RS Black, CGM stripes, polished Rims, Tinted windows, Hurst shifter
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #41
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,063
I definately would enjoy another option to consider. I'm all for Z28 coming back to show those phillies from Dearborn how to make a muscle car
__________________
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.4:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/Sphon poly adjustable TA/Sphon adjustable rear LCAs/e'fan conversion/DirtyMax radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners/HID conversion/LED exterior lighting/LED interior accents/Autometer Cobalts/AEM WBPioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4s/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other little stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #42
Sawyer


 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 5.0
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,346
I really hope they do. I will be buying.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SS/Z thePill Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 24 01-19-2011 10:38 PM
All 2012 Camaro Z28 Video / Spyshot threads Mr. Wyndham Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 0 01-02-2011 11:55 PM
Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years PYROLYSIS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 91 09-15-2010 06:15 PM
Ford unveiling Boss Mustang Aug. 13th? All-Or-Nothing General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 329 08-26-2010 11:27 AM
Camaro Production Numbers 1967 - 2002 PAUL SS General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 07-22-2010 08:12 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.