Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
diddiyo

Drives: .
Thumbs down how dealer take care of your car

http://jalopnik.com/tag/subaru-legacy-gt/?id=5155777

first they try to rape you when you buy the car, then they treat your car like this when you have the service dept check it out.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 13 SRX Premium 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Heh, good thing i live in a small town, you can't get away with crap like that around here!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Heh, good thing i live in a small town, you can't get away with crap like that around here!
Get away with what? Driving fast or puting cameras in your car like a modern Dick Tracy?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i love that last line: "watch him be like, f****** recording this!"
his last words working at that dealership!

when i worked at a dealer in 04, we had an 02 lightning come in on trade that one of the detail guys took out after we closed & ended up racing some mustang down the highway. that same retard lit up a brand new gto out behind the shop. goes to show you can't always trust everybody there.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 13 SRX Premium 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Get away with what? Driving fast or puting cameras in your car like a modern Dick Tracy?
The dealer treating your car like crap. If you don't see it, somebody else will. And they'll tell you.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
JJ#48Racing
Fear the Hawg!

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
I brought my 4th gen SS to the dealer one month after I bought it (used with 11,500 miles) to get the fuel pump replaced under warranty. After they had it for longer than they were supposed to and hadn't called me I went down there. They said my car was in the detail shop and they had to show me something.

We go into the shop and my paint is destroyed, there was a hole in one of the front fenders, scrapes across the back bumper, and my exhaust is bent to hell. The manager tells me the technition swerved to avoid a dog (yeah right), went into the ditch and hit a fence. First question I asked was why was he driving it when they can pressure test the pump in in the shop? Never got a straight answer.

I immediately called and went to the scene of the accident where you could clearly see the burnout marks and where he lost control in second gear. No lawyer would touch the case as long as their insurance was repairing the damage, which they did. They gave me a car to drive off the lot which I proceded to beat the crap out of for the month I had it. Thru the grapevine I heard it was the technition and his buddy in the detail shop that was joyriding. Bastards kept thier jobs too!

At least the damage was only cosmetic, no structural damage. I got a whole new paint job, but that wasn't comforting because it had flawless paint when I left it with them.

I've never used that dealer again, and now whenever I leave my camaro for service work anywhere I write on the work order the exact mileage, who is authorized to drive the car at the premisis, and state that nobody drives the vehicle out of the parking lot without me in the car with them.

The repair work was top-knotch (not done by the dealer) and nobody ever notices that it has had a repaint, even judges at car shows.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
I brought my 4th gen SS to the dealer one month after I bought it (used with 11,500 miles) to get the fuel pump replaced under warranty.* After they had it for longer than they were supposed to and hadn't called me I went down there.* They said my car was in the detail shop and they had to show me something.* We go into the shop and my paint is destroyed, there was a hole in one of the front fenders, scrapes across the back bumper, and my exhaust is bent to hell.* The manager tells me the technition swerved to avoid a dog (yeah right), went into the ditch and hit a fence.* First question I asked was why was he driving it when they can pressure test the pump in in the shop?* Never got a straight answer.I immediately called and went to the scene of the accident where you could clearly see the burnout marks and where he lost control in second gear.* No lawyer would touch the case as long as their insurance was repairing the damage, which they did.* They gave me a car to drive off the lot which I proceded to beat the crap out of for the month I had it.* Thru the grapevine I heard it was the technition and his buddy in the detail shop that was joyriding.* Bastards kept thier jobs too!* At least the damage was only cosmetic, no structural damage.* I got a whole new paint job, but that wasn't comforting because it had flawless paint when I left it with them.I've never used that dealer again, and now whenever I leave my camaro for service work anywhere I write on the work order the exact mileage, who is authorized to drive the car at the premisis, and state that nobody drives the vehicle out of the parking lot without me in the car with them.The repair work was top-knotch (not done by the dealer) and nobody ever notices that it has had a repaint, even judges at car shows.
That's my fear everytime I drop my car off. Thats why I don't want to have accessories installed by the dealer and am grateful stripes are factory installed now. A brand new car like the Camaro is bound to be abused, but it won't be mine if I can help it. I intend to be there when they roll it off the truck.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
I always reset the trip odometer and record the mileage. Anything over 3km is suspicious. Ive never had a problem.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote