Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Short Throw Shifter Constrained??

See this post that was buried in the "Order status" thread:

Today, 12:31 PM #9
NVMY68SS
Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed

This is gonna hurt some feelings though.

Chevrolet Team:

Just a quick update on the Camaro launch as preparations are underway this week for the first Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP) for the all new Camaro.

As outlined in this month's consensus notes, the following items will be on constraint:

* V6 Engine (LS and LT models) due to one per dealer activity
* Cyber Gray Metallic and Summit White Exterior Colors (pending paint availability)
* The LPO High Wing Spoiler (pending validation)

An additional constraint will also will be introduced for the Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code VYV). This shifter will NOT be available as a LPO accessory (appearing on the window and invoice as a dealer-installed accessory), but will be available in the future as both a factory installed RPO, and a regular dealer installed accessory. Further information on the timing of Hurst Short Throw Shifter RPO will be provided in the coming weeks.

Since this shifter will be available as a regular dealer installed accessory, orders with the LPO (code VYV) currently "in-system" will be removed. Dealers should also be encouraged to remove this LPO (code VYV) from their orders.

Customers desiring the Hurst Shifter can instruct their dealers to either wait until the new RPO is introduced, or have the shifter installed at the dealer as a Chevy accessory after the parts are released for sale.

Again, more information on the shifter including availability of the new RPO will be provided in the next few weeks.

Finally, we are planning a web-cast broadcast on the Camaro launch the first week of March for wholesale team members only (dealers will have an IDL broadcast at later date). This web-cast will bring you up to date on current plans and activities including the Camaro unveiling for early May. Details on this webex will be provided next week.
http://www.bowtiebrigade.net

2SS/RS Black LS3/MN6 IO Interior

Ordered 10-13-08
Preferenced 2-10-09
Moved to 3000 2-12-09
Moved to 3300 2-18-09

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
I was wondering about this as well.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
... and how does this happen? Its a shifter?

Oh, that's right. This is GM.

2000 Blazer LS | winter beater
GLBL WMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
To play it safe, i'm just going to call my dealer and have them remove the LPO code.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
I really dont THINK there ready to launch this car.:(
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I guess that's what happens when you try to release a car early...
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Holy zombie Jesus, I just got off the phone with my sales manager, and he had just gotten the constraint info and removed the LPO code from my order right before I called about it.

Either they are tired of hearing from me, or are actually trying to stay on top of things.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
I wonder if it's a supply thing with Hurst?
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
I've called my dealer and asked them to remove me from "Priority #1"....I want the Short throw to show up as an RPO for collector purposes.

This really was that "proverbial straw" that convinced me to wait for CGM, ABL resolution, and stop the frantic worrying.

I guess you could say that I'm "removing myself from the game"....so for the rest of you who continue to "stay in"....good luck!!

I'm sure the "#2 order" behind me that just got bumped up to #1 is going to be one happy camper!!

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I really want that shifter, and while the constraint is kind of a disappointment, I like that it may be factory-installed now, so it's done right, from the beginning, and I don't have to worry about my dealer botching anything up. I'm already near the end of my dealer's allotment anyway, so I'm not too worried about being delayed further by this.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Man..this sucks @$$ !! All I want is a 1SS with only 1 option of the HSTS and CGM...How's my Week Going!..Beginning to think thing do not bode well for me
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
nol300

Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
Not a big deal just get it later at a cheaper price. And I have worked for GM for a long time and seen Tahoe's come in with different tail lights from GMC products and stuff come in completly messed up. So if you think the factory is perfect in there install of stuff your mistaken I am sure because most people think dealer's are idiots does not mean a mechanic does not know how to install a simple short throw shifter.

And having it on an RPO code does not make it anymore collectable it's a shifter not a numbers matching part.
nol300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Like i said This is GM get use to it

No CGM
No White
No ABL
No HUD
No Nav
and now no Hurst Short Throw Shifter
What's next ???
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #14
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
... and how does this happen? Its a shifter?

Oh, that's right. This is GM.
I'm beginning to wonder about GM myself...how do you not have a part as simple as this ready when you already delayed production 30 days?

Also...seems everyone is wanting/hurting for jobs yet you can't get things ordered on a car...maybe someone needs to look in to that one! Sure seems the demand is there...why not hire someone to produce it?

This is starting to get crazy! I'm still in and will even take delivery without the shifter (as I'll just add it later) but come on GM...
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
No V6.

That really has me pissed. What's the point of rushing these "one per dealer" v6's out when you won't even be able to get one for months and months if you ordered in April when the cars will be in the showrooms? They should worry about sold orders right now and fit in the freebies when they can.
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #16
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol300 View Post
Not a big deal just get it later at a cheaper price. And I have worked for GM for a long time and seen Tahoe's come in with different tail lights from GMC products and stuff come in completly messed up. So if you think the factory is perfect in there install of stuff your mistaken I am sure because most people think dealer's are idiots does not mean a mechanic does not know how to install a simple short throw shifter.

And having it on an RPO code does not make it anymore collectable it's a shifter not a numbers matching part.
That is not the point it not what Gm told us all this time, if the car is not ready than do not put it out, or don't advertise to us what is not ready to go on line.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #17
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlee1967 View Post
sorry to for this question:

What does RPO and LPO stand for? So if I want the Hurst to be facory installed, then I need to tell him to remove the LPO code? So would I have to get a new order number? I DONT WANT THE HURST INSTALLED BY THE DEALER....... SO WHAT DO I NEED TO TELL THEM

blee
If you're number one you'll need to tell them to remove the LPO code and hold your order until the new RPO code is available. The LPO code will be removed no matter what (either by the dealer or GM).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
GLBL WMR
Booya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
That is not the point it not what Gm told us all this time, if the car is not ready than do not put it out, or don't advertise to us what is not ready to go on line.
I'm going to be honest and say that I am considering other options at this point. I have been very patient and forgiving, but things are just snowballing to the point that its pissing me off. Month delay, ABL, this short throw issue, the audacity of GM asking for BILLIONS more with no end in sight, the fact that I'm going to have to jump through hoops to borrow a buddies car because my lease is up in April..

I'm done being a Camaro fanboy and making excuses for GM. Step up and deliver as promised or I'm taking my hard earned $36K elsewhere.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

I have a new question how do's GM plan to sale White CAMARO BODIES for RACERS if no White CAMARO are ready for us,

"PRESS RELEASE:

RACERS REJOICE! GM PERFORMANCE PARTS TO OFFER NEW CAMARO BODIES IN WHITE

Grand Blanc, Mich. – Racers who want to slip into something more fashionable at the track next year will find the 2010 Camaro is just their size. GM Performance Parts will offer body in white packages of the new Camaro starting in the first quarter of 2009.

The basic package lists for $7,000 and includes an assembled body structure, including the front fenders, hood, front valance/grille header panel, roof, doors, rear quarters, trunk lid and rear valance. The structure also includes the complete floorpans and chassis rails.

Racer must fill out an online application to be eligible to purchase one. The form is available at www.gmperformanceparts.com. Bodies will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no limit to the number an approved racing team can purchase.

"This is the easiest and most cost-effective way to build a race-ready new Camaro," said Dr. Jamie Meyer, of GM Performance Parts. "We envision racers using these bodies for all types of competition, from Pro Street and Competition drag racing to road racing."

The body in white includes only a painted body shell and no additional components or materials. The bodies do not have vehicle identification numbers, so they may only be used as racing vehicles that will never be licensed for street driving.

Racers will add powertrain, fuel system, suspension, interior components and glass (or sanctioning body-approved alternative), and safety equipment, then go racing.

"For the racers who would strip down the entire car and replace most of the components with racing-spec parts, the body in white saves time and money," said Dr. Meyer. "Drag racers, for example, won't have to worry about swapping out for a solid axle – they can just bolt one up and go."

The body in white's unadorned interior also saves time and money by allowing racing teams to eliminate the process of stripping a fully equipment production car in order to reduce weight and prep the chassis for a roll cage.

And when it comes to building up the body in white, GM Performance Parts offers crate engines, engine controllers, high-performance transmissions and hundreds of other parts to help complete the project – including dedicated drag racing engines and engine suited for circle track and road racing competition.

GM Performance Parts – Tested to the Limits, Backed by GM

GM Performance Parts crate engines undergo a 50-hour, full-throttle engine dynamometer validation; requiring that the engines perform from peak horsepower to peak torque. And if that's not enough, GMPP installs crate engines in its own engineering vehicles for ongoing testing and continuous improvement. It's that commitment to quality and durability that allows General Motors to back GM Performance Parts crate engines with a 24 month / 50,000 mile warranty (whichever occurs first). All GM Performance Parts components carry a 12 months / 12,000 miles warranty.

Enthusiasts who crave the latest technology, maximum horsepower and the expertise and confidence backed by GM, can purchase GMPP crate engines, blocks, heads, high performance transmissions and components, from GMPP Authorized Center dealers or any other GM dealership nationwide. For more information or to locate the closest GM dealership visit www.gmperformanceparts.com."

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/20/g...body-in-white/
Old 02-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
I'm going to be honest and say that I am considering other options at this point. I have been very patient and forgiving, but things are just snowballing to the point that its pissing me off. Month delay, ABL, this short throw issue, the audacity of GM asking for BILLIONS more with no end in sight, the fact that I'm going to have to jump through hoops to borrow a buddies car because my lease is up in April..

I'm done being a Camaro fanboy and making excuses for GM. Step up and deliver as promised or I'm taking my hard earned $36K elsewhere.
Seriously..... Go away you're just trolling the forums.
I really don't think that most of you understand how privilaged we are to even know any info on this car. I guess it's lesson learned.
GM is going to stop sharing info with the enthusiasts, because of people like you who will cry for everything. If you hate GM so much, get out of here and go make your own cars. See how that works out for you.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
[QUOTE=2SSRS;296425]I have a new question how do's GM plan to sale White CAMARO BODIES for RACERS if no White CAMARO are ready for us,

The body in white includes only a painted body shell and no additional components or materials. The bodies do not have vehicle identification numbers, so they may only be used as racing vehicles that will never be licensed for street driving.

The term refers to a body shell not to the color. They will all be painted CGM
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
GLBL WMR
Booya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Seriously..... Go away you're just trolling the forums.
I really don't think that most of you understand how privilaged we are to even know any info on this car. I guess it's lesson learned.
GM is going to stop sharing info with the enthusiasts, because of people like you who will cry for everything. If you hate GM so much, get out of here and go make your own cars. See how that works out for you.
Yeah, we're privileged to know information on a car that we've made commitments to. Right. Get off the general's **** and realize that GM is "privileged" for my business, all of our business.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #23
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

[QUOTE=NUCAR;296445]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I have a new question how do's GM plan to sale White CAMARO BODIES for RACERS if no White CAMARO are ready for us,

The body in white includes only a painted body shell and no additional components or materials. The bodies do not have a vehicle identification number, so they may only be used as racing vehicles that will never be licensed for street driving.

The term refers to a body shell not to the color. They will all be painted CGM
Please read the PRESS RELEASE

RACERS REJOICE! GM PERFORMANCE PARTS TO OFFER NEW CAMARO BODIES IN WHITE
I know that it a shell and dos not come with a vehicle identification number,
The point is No white Camaro's at this time to Us but yes on Race car body's.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #24
nol300

Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
Since it is not for retail use it does not matter what shade of white. So they are probably using the old white and the retail camaro's will be in the new shade.
nol300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #25
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1147 View Post
I've called my dealer and asked them to remove me from "Priority #1"....I want the Short throw to show up as an RPO for collector purposes.

This really was that "proverbial straw" that convinced me to wait for CGM, ABL resolution, and stop the frantic worrying.

I guess you could say that I'm "removing myself from the game"....so for the rest of you who continue to "stay in"....good luck!!

I'm sure the "#2 order" behind me that just got bumped up to #1 is going to be one happy camper!!
So the sky is still falling huh? Just where does it officially say ABL is constrained?