Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Parking Spot Thieves - Twice this last week

I usually never have a problem with this, but this happened twice in the last week.

Monday, I was waiting for a car to pull out from a spot with my left turn signal on indicating I wanted the spot. I was there for about 3 minutes before the car finally started to pull out. Just before that, another car was coming the other way and stopped to let the person pull out. The car backs out so that his rear end comes towards me. As he's doing this, the other car starts trying to sneak into the spot he's just vacated. I end up angling past the left side of the car that just pulled out to block the spot this idiot was trying to steal. I wasn't even pulling straight into the spot, but made a point of staring at the person until she finally pulled past so I could straighten out and pull in properly.

Today, I'm headed down a row of cars, and the last spot on the left is open. I put on my signal, and am about to turn into the spot. To the right of this spot is the driveway entrance, and a car turns left from the street into the driveway, then cuts partially into the parking spot I have my signal on for. I look at her, point to the spot, and she waves (older lady, so I'm not inclined to be gracious and give her the spot that should have been mine). She pulls forward to straighten the car out and back in. Meanwhile, I'm staring at her and pointing at the spot. I roll down my window and point at the spot as well. She gets out of the car and I ask "Is there a reason you took the spot I had my turn signal on for"? And she ask "Oh, you wanted this spot? I thought you wanted to turn left out the driveway". Why would I be pointing at a parking spot the entire time she's trying to park if that was the case???? Note that all of the other spots were surrounded by cars, this one had an open right side so I could give myself room to protect the car.

Grr...some people just don't pay attention.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
You could get out and tell them to scram, but you're driving your camaro so your next thread will be of your car getting keyed, kicked, or hit. Just move on, sadly.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Fortunately, this is Seattle. For whatever reason, most people here are friendlier and that kind of thing doesn't happen much.

That being said, in both cases I was also parked in plain sight from the restaraunt seating, so I wasn't too worried about that.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
I'd rather just park a little bit farther away than fight for a spot 20 - 100ft closer imo
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCarrot View Post
I'd rather just park a little bit farther away than fight for a spot 20 - 100ft closer imo
Parking lots were already both full. No other options.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
BigCarrot
xbox: this is tedious

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Camaro IOM
I guess that's why the Old lady pulled the Smile and wave trick then =x
BigCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Well you could've been a meathead and kicked her door in..... I kid I kid
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #8