Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #51
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Thanks for bringing that to us zebra.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #52
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
just tryin to look out for everybody!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #53
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Thanks Zebra...

Dang it....now I'm more pissed than before....not at you guys but at GM. This is exactly what an enthusiast would want, therefore the reason a lot of us ordered it!! Now I'll have to let a dealer tear into my tranny, exhaust, and interior to get it installed....

Frustration mostly. I mean, I don't tell customers about something in my line of business till I know it's ready. This is "small" overall in the big picture, but as an enthusiast ordering sight unseen, it is my right to hold GM to a little higher standard (and expect let downs too).

Lesson learned for GM: It's fine to include enthusiasts in the early process but might want to temper releasing "finer details" until you know suppliers/processes are in place. Luckily looks like you'll get another chance with the drop top!

Oh well....thanks for doing the RIGHT thing and setting my expectations for the work to get this installed.

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
Old 03-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #54
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #386
I'm not as bummed out about the Hurst anymore. Cause of the 2nd post soccer made regarding it. Don't get me wrong, I still plan on ordering it if the factory can do it, but if I get my car built before the factory can do it, I'll probably just leave the stock shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer1061287 View Post
I am an engineer on the Camaro program. The issue with the Hurst shifter is that it was first intended as a dealer option, but because of the high take rate on this option, there was consideration given to installing it at Oshawa. What comes into play there is that there is a higher level of validation testing required when it becomes an RPO. That testing has not been done. Also, there is discussion regarding the viability of this shifter for the number of customers that have ordered it. The Hurst shifter has a 4.1:1 ratio which is much smaller than the stock shifter (higher shift efforts and less isolation).I know that is fine for us drag racers and such, but the average Joe who orders this shifter will be surprised at the higher efforts. If it is done at the dealer, it involves dropping the exhaust and the back of the trans to get to the shifter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer1061287 View Post
Actually the installation is not as nasty as it sounds. If you can get access to a hoist, you can do this in about an hour. You will need 2 of those tall jack stands. One to keep the exhaust from dropping too far in the back that the tips hit the rear valence and the other to control the drop of the rear of the trans. I think that 99% of you are going to perfectly happy with the stock shifter. It gives a nice solid feel and if you shift aggressively, I would say that I have never missed a shift, even on the 2-3 or 4-5.
SIM | A6 | Black 10-Spoke Wheels | ECF Hood Insert | Illuminated Footwells | Satin Nickel Fuel Door
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned

Closed Thread