Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
bilydean
 
bilydean's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the rare ABM camaros
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 430
MSD BAP on 2010 Camaro not recommended????

Just looked at the MSD website for the MSD 2351 BAP and they say

"Note: The Fuel Pump Booster cannot be used on fuel systems without a return line (pulse-modulated pumps)."

Isn't the Camaro using a pulse-modulated pump? I know that Janetty is selling these for use on our cars, so does that mean you have to wire it differently than MSD's instructions to work? Won't this void warranty on the BAP?


Just looking to get the straight scoop.

thanks
Dean
__________________
1100 4/28
2000 5/23
3000 5/27
3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4B00 7/16 Released from QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
bilydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilydean View Post
Just looked at the MSD website for the MSD 2351 BAP and they say

"Note: The Fuel Pump Booster cannot be used on fuel systems without a return line (pulse-modulated pumps)."

Isn't the Camaro using a pulse-modulated pump? I know that Janetty is selling these for use on our cars, so does that mean you have to wire it differently than MSD's instructions to work? Won't this void warranty on the BAP?


Just looking to get the straight scoop.

thanks
Dean
It is Right, You Can't hook it to the PWM fuel pump, But WRONG, You CAN hook it to the Fuel Pump Control Module.

We Provide Proper wiring instructions, a Vacuum T and Vacuum line kit with ours Now.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
bilydean
 
bilydean's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the rare ABM camaros
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 430
Ted,
I knew you would jump in here and clear it up. I will be contacting you in a month or so to pick one up.

thanks
Dean
__________________
1100 4/28
2000 5/23
3000 5/27
3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4B00 7/16 Released from QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
bilydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
camaro1

 
camaro1's Avatar
 
Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
It is Right, You Can't hook it to the PWM fuel pump, But WRONG, You CAN hook it to the Fuel Pump Control Module.

We Provide Proper wiring instructions, a Vacuum T and Vacuum line kit with ours Now.

Ted.


do you have any data on the actuall fuel pump voltage when wired the way you recomend,, just wondering?? as im thinking of getting this kit also
__________________
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
do you have any data on the actuall fuel pump voltage when wired the way you recomend,, just wondering?? as im thinking of getting this kit also
The actual Voltage to the Pump is controlled by the Factory FPCM, but it can only do so much when the supply voltage is inconsistent and or capped at 13 volts.

The MSD Gives the FPCM a better Supply 14.5 volts all the time then rises to 17.5 volts at 10 PSI boost, so it has More Range to do what it needs to, to Maintain Fuel Pressure.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....
 
bigsquirrel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,348
Ted, are you guys planning on opening a shop in New Mexico anytime soon....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
Ted, are you guys planning on opening a shop in New Mexico anytime soon....
No Sorry I would never be able to offer the customer service if I spread out, and I don't want to ruin a good thing.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #8
GMRULZ

 
GMRULZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 1,823
No Ted is moving to VA first!!
__________________
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
camaro1

 
camaro1's Avatar
 
Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The actual Voltage to the Pump is controlled by the Factory FPCM, but it can only do so much when the supply voltage is inconsistent and or capped at 13 volts.

The MSD Gives the FPCM a better Supply 14.5 volts all the time then rises to 17.5 volts at 10 PSI boost, so it has More Range to do what it needs to, to Maintain Fuel Pressure.

Ted.
does the voltage rise with low boost for the people not running 10psi boost,,
__________________
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
IPS Brandon
 
IPS Brandon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 907
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
does the voltage rise with low boost for the people not running 10psi boost,,
Depends on the Mapping that is in the MSD, they come with a pre loaded table that works for the majority of all situations, however it can be adjusted via their USB link.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
does the voltage rise with low boost for the people not running 10psi boost,,
Yes it starts it's voltage rise at 1 psi.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #12
carfansince73

 
carfansince73's Avatar
 
Drives: Carefully
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes it starts it's voltage rise at 1 psi.
Topic sorta back from the dead...

I bought one of these, but after repeated attempts, my local tuner could not get it work correctly. Do you have some details on how to get this to work? I have a good,safe tune with my current setup, but he says there's more in there while still staying safe on the A/F ratios.

Just sad to know I have this box mounted in my car, not hooked up, and doing me no good.

Thanks in advance.
__________________
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
carfansince73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #13
victoryred1ss
 
victoryred1ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
Topic sorta back from the dead...

I bought one of these, but after repeated attempts, my local tuner could not get it work correctly. Do you have some details on how to get this to work? I have a good,safe tune with my current setup, but he says there's more in there while still staying safe on the A/F ratios.

Just sad to know I have this box mounted in my car, not hooked up, and doing me no good.

Thanks in advance.

If you have access to a fax machine I can send you a copy of instuctions
__________________
TVS 2300 721RWHP 686RWTQ
Built by Me
Suspension done by JDP
Tune done by JRE
victoryred1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
BlownChevy
 
Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 770
While the MSD may "work" fine I would suggest a ADM Fuel pump assembly, this is the best option in my honest opinion.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camaro Exterior and Interior Stainless Steel Trim Parts from RPI Designs! RPI Designs Exterior Parts & Accessories 30 02-20-2013 03:23 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
Modern Camaro Performance Parts - www.PartsTaxi.com PartsTaxi.com Sponsor Announcements / Giveaways / Contests 0 10-06-2010 04:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.