Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #251
wise

Drives: 2012 SS #481
Scott,

I have a few questions if you have a minute to answer them.

Will the 'SS' still be embroidered into the headrest of 1SS and 2SS cars, and will there be any kind of SS embelm on the new steering wheel, as there was on the 10-11 one?

Will models not fitted with the 45th anniversary packages still have some kind of 45th emblem or embroidary somewhere on the car? (My '97 Z28 has the 30th anniversary on the headrests of the leather seats and in the center of the rear seatback. Not a special 30th anniversary car either, just a plain Z28.)

What material will be on the dash of LS, 1LT, and 1SS cars? (It appears to be leather on the 2LT pictured, but I'm just curious as I plan on ordering a 1SS.)

RJT is the only color being removed for the 2012 MY, correct?

Last question, Will there be a difference in MSRP for the 2012 MY?

The car looks awesome. I've gotta say nice job to the design team and all those involved with accomplishing the minor changes. You've made up my mind for me. I planned on ordering this summer or spring and I've decided I'll wait until June now to place my order for a 2012 1SS.

-Brett
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #252
fxrsliberty

Drives: Silver and Black -1lt
5 like the steering wheel, I would gladly upgrade my 1lt for this!!!!
fxrsliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #253
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
The LS7 wheels! Son of a bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #254
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
Im gonna say the pictures do this car NO justice.... and haven't since its inception. I think this is a awesome looking car, with the cosmetics and the small changes.... it is definitely apart from the standard models.

I give Scott and the whole group a pat on the back and appreciate everything they do for the customers, and their passions. While everyone may not agree with the changes, and new possibilities for the Camaro, everyone needs to take a step back and realize we have a Camaro to drive.... remember it went away in 2002 and many like myself didn't have a passion anymore.... until 2006, and finally in 2008...... so I'm more than appreciative to the Camaro Team, deciples and whoever else had a hand in bring this Icon back.

Let em do their work, and be thankful we have a manufacturer willing to listen and bring all these options to the table..... we could all still be wondering if the Camaro would come back again!

Thanks Scott!

Sent from my EVO 4G
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #255
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
Anyone want to take a stab at pricing?
My guess for the 45th option, $2,000.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #256
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
I looked at the Camaro a couple times before buying the Mustang, but it just didn't 'do it' for me. Still haven't really warmed up to the overall design, but the spoiler helps... and the interior in these pics looks better than I recall. I may have to go look closer at a new one. Did they leave the exhaust system 'uncovered' or do something with the lower valance to help hide it a little better?
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #257
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
]

*takes a deep breath*

I don't want this to sound like I'm flaming you........

BUT-- every one of the disciples is known in their community. Webmasters, moderators, web owners, club presidents, and all of them are on the internet constantly. They represent all 4 generations of camaro - plus Firebird, and Corvette. 8 men, 7 women - from all over the U.S. and Canada. And they are constantly talking with fellow enthusiasts.....and many of them are talking to competitor owners........NONE of them are 'bashful' Show me another automotive manufacturer that has done this.......

ON TOP OF THAT......

Extreme number of Focus Groups as well as "Garage Visits'

I've had gatherings of Camaro/Firebird people at dozens of autoshows - allowing people to ask questions and give us feedback........

The Camaro Team is on this and many other sites - most of them are invisible...... Me invisible? Not so much.

If you think that we're going to learn tons more by talking to every owner.....I think you're mistaken in the larger sense. Yes, we'll get 'ones and twos' of issues - but at some point you reach the law of diminishing returns.

As I type this, I'm in Chandler awaiting a whole buncha Camaro people to arrive - and there are 5 more of the Camaro Team on their way......we'll spend the weekend talking with enthusiasts - as we do thru-out the year.........

Soooooooooooo - for the love of all that's good and great - tell me how we are not LISTENING to the Customer.....I'm begging you to help me understand this...........

If you show me another company that approaches what we do.......I'll send you my first-born...........

Sorry to sound a bit 'terse' -- but I spend nearly EVERY day of the year talking to our customers..........
Fbodfather, you missed his point completely.................you didn't talk to HIM. LOL And no one could possibly represent him but him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
well see in my eyes, this is the problem. You are only talking to and getting feedback from car enthusiast. Its like your wife asking, hey do i look fat in these jeans. Not that feedback from enthusiasts is bad, its prob most important but shouldnt be the only source. From what i see this is the only source chevy cares to listen to.

I specifically remember someone saying the reason we didnt have a nav screen in the camaro was from feedback from the disciples (correct me if im wrong). But if GM would of asked the general public im pretty certain they would have gotten a different response.

All of the people who have bought the new camaro, are not all camaro enthusiasts, but these are the people who are responsible for the huge sales of this car. Those people need a voice and using onstar is way to give them one. They arent going to car shows or signing up at car websites. But they love there new camaro just the same. They wanted power passenger seats just the same as we did.

now im not trying to downplay anything that you do on a daily basis, i personally think its great and maybe some day ill have a chance to chat it up with you at a car meet. But i think chevy also needs to listen to the other segment of people who buy there cars, not just those who already love them. Not just those who owned every previous camaro etc. Sure at some point you reach diminishing returns, but we havnt reached that point yet. And having more customer feedback data is never a bad idea.

And what im talking about here is in fact "data" not just talking to people and getting a idea what people are thinking about. There is a difference in saying 30% of our customers in this region dont like this feature than saying most of the people i talk to dont like this, no matter how many people you talk to. Having access to a larger pot of data will give you broader perspective and see things previously unseen.
First of all GM has wayyyyyy more methods of communicating with customers than reading posts on Camaro5. And we have a huge number of people that communicate what they like and don't like through 3rd parties like Consumer Reports and JD Power to name but a few. GM has many, many methods of hearing from the customer and many of those you simply will never know about...................unless you think they don't until they call you then you'll believe it.

One of my very few complaints about coming to Camaro5 is everyone thinks that every single Camaro owner immediately takes their car home and recalibrates the PCM. LOL.

Your idea of OnStar is not far fetched. There are plenty of things in the works with OnStar that will make all GM products better in the future.

And as for NAV? Even if they did tell GM not to put it in the Camaro, there was far more voices that would indicate a low take rate. So could GM put NAV in every car? Yes. Could they at least make it in option in every car? Yes. But when you look at the investment and complexity to give a small number of customers NAV and what it would have done to the car, oh and if it were your business, you would have come to the same conclusion. It wasn't the 12, it was the 12 million car buyers. It's just not a high penetration option. I see soooo many people with Garmin/Tom Tom/Smart Phones in their cars now that it really reinforces that spending the money isn't always a good buy when you can buy something that works in your car AND simply walking down the street.

No matter what you do, you will please some and anger others. Everything you do to add cost or luxury angers the guys that want simple light weight. Even adding HP to the new V6 for 2012 has some upset that they bought 2011s and somehow GM did something to them. Not many, but there are a few. So listening to ALL of your customers still gives you decisions to make. It's not always an obvious answer.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #258
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
how can i become an honored Disciple?? lol i want to be remembered for somethin great in my life!! besides joining the army haha
SteveRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #259
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis64 View Post
hmmm just got my v6 3 days ago =(
Ya but you cant say that you weren't warned..
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #260
snkeyes069

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS CGM/Silver strps
Interesting changes to say the least. My take is:

Cons:
  • Not a fan of the steering wheel. Unlike the journalists, I love the deep-dish wheel.
  • Not sold on the leather dash. I like the simple interior on the 2010-2011s.
  • I do feel a bit slighted that RS options are becoming standard.
  • Not really a fan of the LS7 wheels
  • Engine changes could hurt aftermarket support of the LLT motor
Pros:
  • Backup camera
  • Height-adjustable passenger seat
  • Body-color antenna
  • Engine changes do show the V6 is an evolving motor, getting better over time
  • Carbon Flash Metallic. Nice intermediate between Cyber Gray and Black.
  • Bezels in dark silver. I like that the color matches the wheels. Just need graphics and a gas door in dark silver to complete the look!
  • FE4 suspension options. Are these universal bolt-ons (unlike the convertible's strut-tower brace which only fits later 2011s having newer strut towers)?
Interesting but not interested
  • 45th anniversary badges and stripes. They just feel like afterthoughts to me.
  • Interior stitching. Nicely done, but just not my thing.
My wants:
  • Retrofit kit to add height adjustment to the 2010-2011 power passenger seat.
  • Backup mirror kit that's compatible with 2010-2011 backup sensor cars. Just plug and play would be nice, although I'd drill a small hole for the camera.
  • In-dash "infotainment" system that can be tethered to a cell phone via bluetooth, secure wi-fi or USB to get data. Basically, I want Google Maps and Navigation on the same touchscreen as the radio. Yes, there are kits today that do much of this, but I'd love a factory option.

Pfff...while I'm asking for things, I'd like an electric version with the equivalent of 700HP, 1000 torque, infinite range, and powered either by sunlight or the laughter of happy children (this would make it a hybrid, right?).

Built 10/13/2010, Delivered 11/8/2010
snkeyes069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #261
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
awesome!! Can't wait.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #262
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Go back and read what I wrote --

There's a section in there that talks about Focus Groups and 'Garage Visits" - invariably these are people with:

V6 Mustang
V8 Mustang
Eclipse
Intenders who want a Sport coupe
328i
etc.......

The point is that we talk to all walks of life -- ESPECIALLY because we wanted this car to appeal to a wider audience.

The Nav. is a perfect example: a lot of the 'intenders' and other sport coupe owners felt that OnStar was a safer alternative. I won't get into an argument over that other than to say the last thing we need is people looking DOWN instead of watching the road.........

Something else to chew on: What makes you think we're 'done'? Perhaps we have lots of other tricks up our sleeve.

TRUST ME - this car has more research than any car I can think of - and that includes all other manufacturers.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
well see in my eyes, this is the problem. You are only talking to and getting feedback from car enthusiast. Its like your wife asking, hey do i look fat in these jeans. Not that feedback from enthusiasts is bad, its prob most important but shouldnt be the only source. From what i see this is the only source chevy cares to listen to.

I specifically remember someone saying the reason we didnt have a nav screen in the camaro was from feedback from the disciples (correct me if im wrong). But if GM would of asked the general public im pretty certain they would have gotten a different response.

All of the people who have bought the new camaro, are not all camaro enthusiasts, but these are the people who are responsible for the huge sales of this car. Those people need a voice and using onstar is way to give them one. They arent going to car shows or signing up at car websites. But they love there new camaro just the same. They wanted power passenger seats just the same as we did.

now im not trying to downplay anything that you do on a daily basis, i personally think its great and maybe some day ill have a chance to chat it up with you at a car meet. But i think chevy also needs to listen to the other segment of people who buy there cars, not just those who already love them. Not just those who owned every previous camaro etc. Sure at some point you reach diminishing returns, but we havnt reached that point yet. And having more customer feedback data is never a bad idea.

And what im talking about here is in fact "data" not just talking to people and getting a idea what people are thinking about. There is a difference in saying 30% of our customers in this region dont like this feature than saying most of the people i talk to dont like this, no matter how many people you talk to. Having access to a larger pot of data will give you broader perspective and see things previously unseen.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #263
SZOTSTA24

Drives: Inferno Orange 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks really nice. I wanna see the SS version
SZOTSTA24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #264

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumix View Post
I can't believe how many of you are so willing to sell your cars for a few simple changes...many of which are a step in the wrong direction. You're going to take a bath on your trade in, and still have about the same car. After all...11 horsepower really ain't no big whoop.
I went by my local dealer today (Classic Chevrolet) to look at the new camaros. They had 76 of them on the lot...more on the used lot...and probably more in the back. There were 7 convertibles and 4 red jewel tint coupes. By far, the most rare camaro was the 1LT...which they had exactly 1.
These cars are common now, so don't expect too much for a trade in.
Let me clarify... Do I wish my 2010 had some of the 'upgrades' that will be available on the 2012? Sure, there are some nice features e.g. backup camera, height-adjustable passenger seat.

Do I wish I would have waited for the 2012? Hell no! I've been having way too much fun with my 2010!!!
69307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #265
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
I am realitively new here so please forgive me if I am out of line, but I think some of us are taking ourselves way too seriously. No one can make everyone happy all of the time. I think the Camaro folks are doing a great job AND we have already heard that there are going to be new announcements every six months so hopefully there will be a Camaro for just about everybody.

I'm not trying to kiss anyone's a$$ either, but I have met Scott and he seems like a stand up guy. He asked me my opinion and genuinely seemed to care. I have purchased 50K+ cars from BMW and Audi and have NEVER felt like they gave a rats a$$ what I thought.

Everyone has an opinion, just like an ... Anyway, I appreciate the opinions of everyone here but let's give these guys a break, OK?!

As far as the 45th goes....

If you don't like it, don't buy it!
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #266
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
Oh, and what about that WHITE-topped convertible?!

Two things:

(but let me first say that white would be my first choice of convertible top on most colors.....)

1. -- guess how many white tops we sold btw 2000 and 2002?

(no peeking below!)

2. -- Show me another manufacturer today that offers a white convertible top.........

The answers:

1. -- 73 of them in 2000 -- 74 of them in 2001, and 208 of them in 2002....
Not what I'd call a high 'take rate'

2. -- Rolls Royce and Bentley.........those are the only ones I've been able to find........
Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #267
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Scott is this the only 2012 special editon model or will their be more? My dads looking into geting a 2012 Convertible! I think they should make the camaro in that dusk blue edition just sayin!!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #268
havocnmayhem2005

Drives: 1999 Z28, 2007 Saurn Aura
So anyone who caught my post back towards the end of page 9, I got a little upset for no reason, saying BS that I was going to go buy a Mustang etc. After looking through pics of the 2012 Mustang and this Camaro, I got to say damn, the Camaro looks like 10 times better to me. I mean anyone who actually says the Mustang is not a good looking car and a damn fine performer needs to be woke up , but the camaro looks way better and I am just such a Big fan of Camaros through and through so I will be getting one, and if my M6 tranny screws up on me, I'll get it replaced over and over and over again if I have to, just so I can have the car that I know in my heart that I want the most.
havocnmayhem2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #269
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
I can't wait to see the 45th anniversary on the road!

But I do have one question (forgive me if I missed it, but didn't see an answer in the thread): Is the new standard spoiler different from the current RS spoiler, and will the RS and non-RS have different spoilers?
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #270
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Here's my opinion:

The 45th Anniversary Edition is a great looking car.

The stripe in a stripe is a bit weird, but it has grown on me every time I have gone back to look at it.

The changes aren't significant enough to warrant me spending another $1000, let alone how much it's actually going to add to the price [still talking about the 45th AE here]. If the car had a new feature that was just insanely awesome, maybe I could justify spending the extra money.

That said, there's no doubt I'm going for the 2SS (or possibly Z28 if it exists) when I buy one.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #271
ALLTRBO

Drives: 2012 1SS M6
It's what I expected from a mid-model refresh and an anniversary edition. I like some of the changes, not so much of the others. Not a big deal to me either way.

I wouldn't ever trade up for small changes like this, I'm waiting to see what the 6th gen has in store. Drop at least 300 pounds and offer it with Jetstream Blue Metallic or very similar, and I'll be one of the first to order. The porkiness of this car almost made me pass on it, and it is, by far, the thing I dislike most about it. (fbodfather, are you guys listening? ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
But I do have one question (forgive me if I missed it, but didn't see an answer in the thread): Is the new standard spoiler different from the current RS spoiler, and will the RS and non-RS have different spoilers?
It looks to me like the new spoiler extends further rearward. I like it, might have to get one new from SLP when they yank them for their own spoilers.
From what I understood, the new spoiler will be the same across all trims.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #272
TMoneySS

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT500
When can we expect pricing on, the car and packages?
TMoneySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #273
shinzon
Sith Lord

Drives: 2014 1LE 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard2112 View Post
sorry but...I'm glad I have a 2010...they are starting to ruin this car.
This guy likes star trek and rush !

Previous Rides shout out:- 2010 2SS RS110kmi Traded in - 2000 z28 415 rwhp, 2004 GTO 380rwhp, 2000SS stock
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #274
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Damnit, now the car is better than mine. >< i'll wait 5 years and get a better one then.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #275
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Quote:
Go back and read what I wrote --

There's a section in there that talks about Focus Groups and 'Garage Visits" - invariably these are people with:

V6 Mustang
V8 Mustang
Eclipse
Intenders who want a Sport coupe
328i
etc.......

The point is that we talk to all walks of life -- ESPECIALLY because we wanted this car to appeal to a wider audience.

The Nav. is a perfect example: a lot of the 'intenders' and other sport coupe owners felt that OnStar was a safer alternative. I won't get into an argument over that other than to say the last thing we need is people looking DOWN instead of watching the road.........

Something else to chew on: What makes you think we're 'done'? Perhaps we have lots of other tricks up our sleeve.

TRUST ME - this car has more research than any car I can think of - and that includes all other manufacturers.......
When I bought a '04 SRX GM called me and asked me how I liked and didn't like certain things.There was even prepared questions asking about certain features of the car and if I thought they were worthwhile. I told them the car was hard to get in and out of. 1.5 years later the SRX had smaller door sills for improved ingress and egress + other changes.
I bought my '11 CTS 12/30/10 in February I took it in for a rattling exhaust.
The dealer tried a few things. A few days later an engineer from Cadillac called and asked the service manager if what they did helped. It didn't, and I will be taking it in to try something different when I get some free time.

GM is definitely out there listening to their customers and watching what is going on with warranty repairs.

I owned 5 Camaros from '83 to '87 and it seemed like every model year there was some improvement or tweak over the previous year. My '84 had problems with alignment of the rear hatch. My '87 had the rear hatch pull down motor. etc. etc.(or maybe it was '85 IIRC).
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote