Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #76
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,469
Here are a few of the pictures I took of the special vehicles. I totally forgot about the 45th edition.
Attached Images
          
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #77
n!ght r!der
That Guy
 
n!ght r!der's Avatar
 
Drives: really good
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
Thank you, I noticed it's a 2 door also, Hummmmm...
its a photoshop of this
Attached Images
 
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #78
Camaro_h
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KWT
Posts: 2,535
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_h
love the CGM's 45th edition stripes!
Camaro_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #79
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Good question [Re: the garbage cans]
Well can someone there kindly take some pics underneath in the back and let's check it out. I saw from one of the posted videos that the ZL1 has hit the delete button on the garbage cans. Anything else? Don't get me wrong...a huge thank you to those who have posted pics so far. They are awesome. That SS-X is way cool BTW.

The grill on the ZL1 along with the hood vents and fog surrounds are ripe for some trick coloration. Not hard to guess the combo for me.... I want.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #80
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 11,876
Wasn't even thinking about a ZL1 till I got to see it up close, with the SSX Wheels, AND got to "touch" it.....

Thanks again guys!!

Now I'm upset.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:44 AM   #81
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
The 45th Anniversary car's exterior design is weak....the ford guys are having a field day critizing that car. I am a Camaro guy since high school and still have 6 right now, and I can't really look at that car with a straight face. There are so many things right about Gen5 Camaros but that model is just not attractive - stripes and logo look like a high school art class design from somone who is not a car enthusiast. I know this is just a matter of taste............or a lack thereof. However, I am still excited about the upcoming ZL1. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid......that stripe is ugly!

Now THERE'S a surprise - the Ford Guys beating up on the Camaro.......

Wow........who knew?

Let me assure you that the 45th Anniversary in person is stunning......so I would ask you to withhold your judgement until you see it in person.
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #82
10spokess
Wild and Cammed
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 758
All I know is I will be ordering one heck yeah, do you know what the base price of a 45th is going to be?
__________________
10spokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #83
Zeus95

 
Zeus95's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oak Forest - ILL
Posts: 1,078
WOW !! Awesome pic's !! Love me some of those SSX Black Rims. Great Work GM !
Thanks for all the pic's !
__________________
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #84
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Here are a few of the pictures I took of the special vehicles. I totally forgot about the 45th edition.
Will Zl-1 SSX wheels be available for sale.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:47 AM   #85
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 18,141
i couldn't really care less what ford guys think. what did they do for the mustang's 45th? i don't recall anything. you know what they did for 40th anniversary. it got a badge on the fender.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #86
76CamaroLT
 
Drives: 4wheels
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
....the ford guys are having a field day critizing that car.
It's funny that the ford guys would have anything to say when the Mustang has had some of the absolute cheesiest stripe packages ever made.
76CamaroLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #87
91t/a
Student Athlete
 
91t/a's Avatar
 
Drives: 1991 trans am vert. 1 of 555.
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Now THERE'S a surprise - the Ford Guys beating up on the Camaro.......

Wow........who knew?

Let me assure you that the 45th Anniversary in person is stunning......so I would ask you to withhold your judgment until you see it in person.
im gonna have to agree slightly with ZBOSS...though i havent seen either in person...the ZL-1 does disappoint me a little with the plastic cheap looking ground effects and front grill/chin spoiler. and the new steering wheel is a joke! ill be getting a camaro next year and unless something changes ill have to find a 2010 steering wheel to put on. but the exterior design of the ZL-1 could be a lot better. i look at it and its kinda just .....bla. nothing compared to the GT500!!! that thing is gorgeous! and im a camaro guy all day! illl never buy a mustang but styling wise the GT500 wins hands down! unfortunately
Attached Images
 
__________________
91t/a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #88
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!
 
Rallysport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Now THERE'S a surprise - the Ford Guys beating up on the Camaro.......

Wow........who knew?

Let me assure you that the 45th Anniversary in person is stunning......so I would ask you to withhold your judgement until you see it in person.
Maybe the 45th is "stunning" in person, I don't know because I haven't seen it live. However, I must say I am disappointed in the color choice. It has about as much metallic in the paint as a freaking bass boat. Seriously, GM, when are you guys going to stop feeding us a constant dose of black/dark gray/silver paint? WHERE IS THE BRIGHT BLUE?????????????????? One more thing: when is the "Synergy Edition" going to show up on the Camaro site so I can build my own and price it? I swear GM moves at the speed of molasses.
__________________
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #89
DarkObsession
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Jose
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91t/a View Post
im gonna have to agree slightly with ZBOSS...though i havent seen either in person...the ZL-1 does disappoint me a little with the plastic cheap looking ground effects and front grill/chin spoiler. and the new steering wheel is a joke! ill be getting a camaro next year and unless something changes ill have to find a 2010 steering wheel to put on. but the exterior design of the ZL-1 could be a lot better. i look at it and its kinda just .....bla. nothing compared to the GT500!!! that thing is gorgeous! and im a camaro guy all day! illl never buy a mustang but styling wise the GT500 wins hands down! unfortunately

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I think that Mustang is incredibly hideous

The 45th looks awesome, I think and oh, if you want to swap your functional steering wheel with my 2011 piece of crap steering wheel, I'll gladly do it
__________________
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS2/LS3 - Pretty much bone stock (SLP SkipShift Eliminator, GTO clutch fluid reservoir mod) - 13.025 @ 110.492 MPH (12s?? )
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (retired) - Cam, exhaust, CAI, 12 PSI, tune - 13.465 @ 101.04 MPH
DarkObsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #90
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Maybe the 45th is "stunning" in person, I don't know because I haven't seen it live. However, I must say I am disappointed in the color choice. It has about as much metallic in the paint as a freaking bass boat. Seriously, GM, when are you guys going to stop feeding us a constant dose of black/dark gray/silver paint? WHERE IS THE BRIGHT BLUE?????????????????? One more thing: when is the "Synergy Edition" going to show up on the Camaro site so I can build my own and price it? I swear GM moves at the speed of molasses.

How can you be disappointed if you haven't seen it in person?

The Synergy Series did not show up on the site because we had not finished validation with some of the interior components. We COULD have put it out there early, but we felt that the appearance of some items on the package were not up to your standards or our standards. So we reserve the right to 'move at the speed of molasses' if it means making it right for the customer...... Stop and think about it: we make more money on a Camaro with the Synergy Series option than we would on a similar Camaro without the Synergy Series option......so it ACTUALLY COSTS US MONEY when we delay something like the Synergy Series!

Bring me 10,000 orders for Bright Blue and we might consider it.

Please - don't just take my word for it......I'm begging you: Go purchase or borrow a Camaro White book.........and look at the number of Bright Blue Camaros sold over the history of the car......

MOREOVER - go look at a recent post I made about the fact that I LOVE BRIGHT BLUE - but why would we continue to spend millions to continue to develop Bright Blue when it CONTINUES not to sell? (You can't just add a paint to the paint system - the cost to develop a new color can be in the millions......) I very much remember working on the development of the Bright Blue for the 1999 model year...................


.........it lasted I believe less than 5 months before it was jettisoned due to low penetration rate........

YOU may love Bright Blue and I may love bright blue - but it appears that most do not....

NOW - that said: Don't assume that you will NEVER see another bright blue Camaro..........
__________________
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #91
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91t/a View Post
im gonna have to agree slightly with ZBOSS...though i havent seen either in person...the ZL-1 does disappoint me a little with the plastic cheap looking ground effects and front grill/chin spoiler. and the new steering wheel is a joke! ill be getting a camaro next year and unless something changes ill have to find a 2010 steering wheel to put on. but the exterior design of the ZL-1 could be a lot better. i look at it and its kinda just .....bla. nothing compared to the GT500!!! that thing is gorgeous! and im a camaro guy all day! illl never buy a mustang but styling wise the GT500 wins hands down! unfortunately

this has to GO
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #92
billyp93
 
billyp93's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1lt rs camaro sim
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: bergen county nj
Posts: 122
are those 20" or 22" on the zl1
__________________
billyp93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #93
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: palmyra pa
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyp93 View Post
are those 20" or 22" on the zl1
20in rapped in goodyear tires
__________________
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #94
Ohten
Hot Sauce
 
Ohten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tincoat SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL by way of Akron,OH
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Boss View Post
The 45th Anniversary car's exterior design is weak....the ford guys are having a field day critizing that car. I am a Camaro guy since high school and still have 6 right now, and I can't really look at that car with a straight face. There are so many things right about Gen5 Camaros but that model is just not attractive - stripes and logo look like a high school art class design from somone who is not a car enthusiast. I know this is just a matter of taste............or a lack thereof. However, I am still excited about the upcoming ZL1. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid......that stripe is ugly!
That stripe is some what annoying,how about leave the stripe as it is but in one color,leave the 45th in red but use a smaller font.That might make it passable.
__________________
Ohten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #95
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!
 
Rallysport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
How can you be disappointed if you haven't seen it in person?

The Synergy Series did not show up on the site because we had not finished validation with some of the interior components. We COULD have put it out there early, but we felt that the appearance of some items on the package were not up to your standards or our standards. So we reserve the right to 'move at the speed of molasses' if it means making it right for the customer...... Stop and think about it: we make more money on a Camaro with the Synergy Series option than we would on a similar Camaro without the Synergy Series option......so it ACTUALLY COSTS US MONEY when we delay something like the Synergy Series!

Bring me 10,000 orders for Bright Blue and we might consider it.

Please - don't just take my word for it......I'm begging you: Go purchase or borrow a Camaro White book.........and look at the number of Bright Blue Camaros sold over the history of the car......

MOREOVER - go look at a recent post I made about the fact that I LOVE BRIGHT BLUE - but why would we continue to spend millions to continue to develop Bright Blue when it CONTINUES not to sell? (You can't just add a paint to the paint system - the cost to develop a new color can be in the millions......) I very much remember working on the development of the Bright Blue for the 1999 model year...................


.........it lasted I believe less than 5 months before it was jettisoned due to low penetration rate........

YOU may love Bright Blue and I may love bright blue - but it appears that most do not....

NOW - that said: Don't assume that you will NEVER see another bright blue Camaro..........
Scott, The reason I was disappointed by the color choice is because it is in the black/dark gray/silver family. I own a bodyshop, I see the data on color popularity. Black is first, followed by silver and white, then red, then, believe it or not, BLUE. I just can't believe GM built a Synergy Green, but can't bring back a simular Daytona or Mulsanne Blue. Heck, Jetstream Blue is nice! I will keep hoping for a great blue choice. I think the ABM was not a viable choice, in my humble opinion. As far as the synergy series not showing up on the site...well, I guess your point makes sense, but if it is costing GM money because of delay, them obviously someone is dropping the ball. I will always be a Camaro and GM guy, as you, but sometimes....my patience is tested. Thanks for all your dedication and your support of the Camaro faithful...and thanks for your insight. It is appreciated!
__________________
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #96
edz10ss
 
edz10ss's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ocean County-New Jersey
Posts: 246
I always read all the posts that people make when new Camaros come out. I am GM fan. The Camaro, Corvette, and Chevelle are my favorite cars. I do agree when Im at a car show with my 2010 Camaro 2ss, I do like the dash of the Mustangs better than the Camaro. I hate saying it, but the Camaro looks cheaper to me. GM has to put more time into coming up with something better.
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #97
SSmoked

 
SSmoked's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: O' Canada
Posts: 1,283
soo from what i can see the ZL1 that was at this show has the basics aka leather option. the steering wheel, shift knob, shift boot are all leather. which 90% comfirms that the suede dash is there no matter what option u choose whether it be leather or suede. I figured the leather wraped dash panel would be there instead of the suede...correct me if im wrong Mr. Fbodyfather
The SSX wheels are nice, in black they look better on the storm trooper SSX race car. A hyper silver SSX wheel would better suit the ZL1. regardless the concave of those rims are teh sex.
I could care less about the 45th anniversary camaro, its not my cup of tea.

No offence but was there any decent photographers there? some of these photos are sad to look at. the only good photos are the ones with the ZL1 and 45 camaro on the 1/4 mile.
__________________
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #98
Punk_rider
 
Punk_rider's Avatar
 
Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 700
this ZL1 steering wheel makes me want to kill myself
__________________
I'm kindly asking: "May I have a supercharged Z28 with 550 hp please? By the end of 2009 would be awesome. Thanks"
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #99
kiteman

 
Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At my computer
Posts: 1,211
so...does anybody know anything about pricing other than the zl1's base is 47k? i love the 45th camaro. but that zl1 is sick in terms of performance. performance would be my preference, and if the 45th is $40k and the zl1 (loaded) is $50k, i'd probably just go with the zl1. but if the 45th is $35k and the zl1 is still $50k, the 45th makes a much more compelling argument suddenly. 150hp for 15k isn't worth it IMO, especially considering how cool i happen to think the 45th looks.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #100
Dmac
 
Drives: 2002 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 123
Contrary to most, I like the look of the new steering wheel over the current one, and I even like the alcantara or suede. I will admit the ZL1 is a bit under-styled, but I kinda like it like that. It has a bit of a "sleeper" appeal to it. However, that SSX concept is just BADA$$. I do wish GM would make a limited production version of the SSX!
Dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
45th Anniversary Edition 2012 Camaro and New 3.6L LFX V6 Engine FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 647 03-04-2012 02:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.