Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #26
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 650 HP Forged Internals-549 HP rear
Go to the strip club for a few hours and everything will be okay.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #27
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
I damanged mine today...... so sux'd! I scuffed the front left rim and I am soo mad at myself! but was told once.. if it aint scratched, you aint doing it right...... this boo boo I cant buff out, but at least she aint as bad as those others who posted pics in this thread!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #28
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. I know exactly how you feel. It seems like the more careful you try to be, the more $h1t ends up happening. Nothing you can do, accidents happen.

On the fourth of July of last year, my baby (Pontiac G8 GT) was all detailed, ready for a nice long summer of driving enjoyment, I had all my modifications that I wanted done, and tuned to perfection. Then on my way to my cousins BBQ, some idiot made an illegal U-turn in a highway entrance ramp, and darted out accross the street I happened to be driving down. Mind you, my car was flawless before this, I kept it showroom fresh all the time, I put over 8 grand into it and was finally looking forward to a enjoyable summer with it, ready to break into the 11's with my modifications. Then in a split second, everything was ruined.

Here was the result...

I didn't get my car back until september. I lost the entire summer with my car, and when I got it back, ended up selling it a few months later. I can't tell you what I wanted to do to that son of a *$(# piece of $*(% ($*&@ mother $*(%(@ idiot.

Point is, stuff like this happens. Can't do anything about it. It sucks, I know, but you gotta keep your head and go on. There's more important stuff in life. Not to sound like a geezer, just saying, takes away some of the pain. Maybe...
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #29
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Man, okay, you guys are making me feel a bit better, thanks.
I am also feeling a bit worse for all you guys who have been in some serious
accidents with these cars, such terrible things to see all these damaged babies. :(

So, I took some photos of my damage, but now it definitely doesn't hold a
candle to any of these other people's posts, but to me, no matter how insignificant it looks, does NOT take away from how crappy it feels to see it and know what happened. :\

thanks again for the words guys.
and really hope your cars are going to be back in action asap, and lookin' good as ever!

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #30
Riddikulus5Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. I know exactly how you feel. It seems like the more careful you try to be, the more $h1t ends up happening. Nothing you can do, accidents happen.

On the fourth of July of last year, my baby (Pontiac G8 GT) was all detailed, ready for a nice long summer of driving enjoyment, I had all my modifications that I wanted done, and tuned to perfection. Then on my way to my cousins BBQ, some idiot made an illegal U-turn in a highway entrance ramp, and darted out accross the street I happened to be driving down. Mind you, my car was flawless before this, I kept it showroom fresh all the time, I put over 8 grand into it and was finally looking forward to a enjoyable summer with it, ready to break into the 11's with my modifications. Then in a split second, everything was ruined.

Here was the result...

I didn't get my car back until september. I lost the entire summer with my car, and when I got it back, ended up selling it a few months later. I can't tell you what I wanted to do to that son of a *$(# piece of $*(% ($*&@ mother $*(%(@ idiot.

Point is, stuff like this happens. Can't do anything about it. It sucks, I know, but you gotta keep your head and go on. There's more important stuff in life. Not to sound like a geezer, just saying, takes away some of the pain. Maybe...

Wow. this is painful to see, I can only imagine how that must've felt to have gone through. I am so sorry to hear that, it's soo true, no matter how smart you are about keeping your car the safest and best looking you can, somebody else out there can always ruin it all in no time flat.
it's just incredibly unfair in the grand scheme of everything, but apparently, unavoidable.

What made you sell after it being rapaired? what do you have now?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #31
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Look up a Paintless Dent Service like DentPro or Dent Guys and/or look for referrals. There are some bad outfits out there as well so do some homework. Besides Dent removal,some of them also do Urethane Bumper repairs with OEM Paints. They can do some amazing repairs when there is no major structural damage involved. Don't ask why I know that. Sorry to see and hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #32
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Thats.it......I.did.this.to.my.baby....Y our.lucky
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #33
Riddikulus5Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Thats.it......I.did.this.to.my.baby....Y our.lucky

Yeah, yours would crush me too, and more.
It's not just the physical damage, it's much more than that to me.
I don't take lightly to my simple fault that occurred when it ended in the fact
that I injured the car. It could always be worse, but it still hurts.

Did yours get fixed up okay?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #34
JFerraro819

Drives: 2011 camaro lt rs
the way i get over things like this is to think that this isnt my last car and i can eventually buy another one if i go crazy enough over it. Not immediately buy one but eventually buy an updated model of the car.
JFerraro819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #35
Jessica-Rocks-
One hot mess

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddikulus5Gen View Post
Can't afford to mod, let alone, repair.
Can't stand to have it look imperfect for any
Length of time, I take soo much pride in this
Car, I am just very upset at the whole situation.

I just bought it the first week of march,
To 'ladybug', that's very sad to hear, I hope you
Get it fixed like new, and it doesn't set you back
Too bad.

Thanks for the replies guys, I am trying
To figure the best and quickest way to make it
Like it never happened, I just know I will have
A hard time getting over it after investing so much
Into actually getting this car, to have this happen
So soon after acquiring my dream. It's a bit
Bit of a blow to take in.

I TOTALLY feel you. Mine got obliterated in the hail storm we had here a few weeks ago. Just as you said. I take pride in my car and any imperfection is not acceptable. She has been in the shop almost 2 weeks and I am going crazy. I do feel your pain. Besides being upset I would beat myself up over it and never let it go. Best of luck!
Jessica-Rocks- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #36
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Sucks, i know how it feels. Most of us do. Got my first door ding within 30 days of owning. It was fixed and yours will be too. Anyways, it will be fine and if you drive it at all regularly this stuff is going to happen. I will give props to anyone who has all original paint on this car after say a few years. It's pretty flimsy. as myself and many others have learned.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #37
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Does the ding look like this:

That was mine two weeks ago. The first one always hurts but if it dont look like that than "this too shall pass" and you will make it all better.

Cheers
K

That can be buffed out !!

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #38
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
Man what is it about these cars that makes us so psyco?....I am the same way...as ANAL as can be with my car...Everyone always says how clean my car is...even the undercarriage is flawless and clean...I spend every waking moment with details or mods or planning mods......I may have a problem........lol But I don't care!!!!It is my Hobby I say!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #39
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
I pretty much back into all spots if i am going to be there for a length of time and really backing in is safer than going forward since the back end slops upwards. Id rather scratch my mufflers than pull my front end off (neither has happened yet lol)

I only had about 2K miles on mine when i hit a deer and it did over 4K in damage. Atleast with yours its pretty easy to fix and much faster. Still that is a horrible feeling.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #40
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
its ok man dont feel so bad.. i felt this way when i nicked my mirror... exact thing happened to me backout out on a slope of my garage... you will fix it and it will be just as new

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #41
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I found your post. I'd say that could easily be handled with a little bit of filler and smoothed out easy enough. A new cover runs $300 and all new paint and clear would run a little more than I mentioned in my PM, due to having to primer as well. That could run you close to $1000, plus shipping of the cover which runs $140-$150. your cheapest route would be to have your existing cover repaired, an hour tops in labor to fix the scratches, plus paint.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #42
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
You bought a car and you can't afford to repair a small ding?

Priorities my friend... priorities.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #43
Riddikulus5Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I found your post. I'd say that could easily be handled with a little bit of filler and smoothed out easy enough. A new cover runs $300 and all new paint and clear would run a little more than I mentioned in my PM, due to having to primer as well. That could run you close to $1000, plus shipping of the cover which runs $140-$150. your cheapest route would be to have your existing cover repaired, an hour tops in labor to fix the scratches, plus paint.

Gah, all these big numbers just make me even that much more frustrated that this even happened! how lame I was to not take better precaution. bah.

thanks though! I at least feel better educated on things a bit now.
(Just kind of refreshed the wound. ha.) :(

Old 06-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #44
Riddikulus5Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
You bought a car and you can't afford to repair a small ding?

Priorities my friend... priorities.

yupp, several hundred bucks is just not floating around. I know, it's embarassing. I could always do credit, but that's something I really try and steer clear of if at all possible. I have an old car that has gotten dinged up over the years, and never got those repaired, and now this is a NEW car, my dream actually, and that's why I feel the strong need to have it repaired more promptly, but I am new to actually having a substantial car payment, and yadda yadda yadda, long story short, not really something I had a reserve for, I only have 2-300$.
I shouldn't have got the car if we're really talking smart decisions, but
that's another story.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #45
Riddikulus5Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKL View Post
Lol at "not having much control" over backing into a pole.

yeah, something like that. it rolled, I didn't really give it any gas, it was a simple and foolish mistake, newb to a manual trans, didn't give it enough gas and let clutch out enough for it to roll back the few inches and bump the pole.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #46
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
I lowered my deductible to $250 with my insurance company.

I did pretty much the same thing in my 02SS. I misjudged the distance and backed into a freaking tree stump (which literally looked like a bush)...

But, I've had to use that insurance 3 times now.

I just got my car back out of paint after the front bumper was dinged by a 32oz gatorade bottle (full and oncoming at full speed).

$250 out of pocket that I really don't have either. But, my car is fixed. If you don't get these little things fixed, they will add up in the end. Heck, I had a ding on the back bumper and then when pulling into the garage, tapped a chair that completely jacked up the side of the wheel well. I got both fixed at the same time for $400. Nope...didn't have the money, but I fixed it anyway.

Lower that deductible. One day, it will come in handy. And it only cost me a few bucks more a month. Add all that up and it pays off with one use.
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:37 AM   #47
Riddikulus5Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I lowered my deductible to $250 with my insurance company.

I did pretty much the same thing in my 02SS. I misjudged the distance and backed into a freaking tree stump (which literally looked like a bush)...

But, I've had to use that insurance 3 times now.

I just got my car back out of paint after the front bumper was dinged by a 32oz gatorade bottle (full and oncoming at full speed).

$250 out of pocket that I really don't have either. But, my car is fixed. If you don't get these little things fixed, they will add up in the end. Heck, I had a ding on the back bumper and then when pulling into the garage, tapped a chair that completely jacked up the side of the wheel well. I got both fixed at the same time for $400. Nope...didn't have the money, but I fixed it anyway.

Lower that deductible. One day, it will come in handy. And it only cost me a few bucks more a month. Add all that up and it pays off with one use.

Thanks for the personal exp. advice. I actually do have a very low deductible on the car, I think it's the 250, and good coverage, but was reluctant to go through my insurance for fear of not wanting my rate to increase?

And I agree about not letting these things just build up, of course, that's another reason I really just want this to be fixed and gone and done with. It's just an unneeded stress.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:38 AM   #48
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Yeah I shouldn't have bought mine either but I'm starting grad school this week and it is going to be tough and very stressful so despite the fiscal irresponsibility of the purchase the happiness has to be factored in and I have been in need of that and so far it is all worth it cuz I love the car and have dreamed of it for so long. Actually it was supposed to be my graduation present to myself for getting thru college in 08 but it has been hell since then so f it I threw caution to the wind and got it now.

I had a very minor mishap on the second day when I went thru an automatic car wash and didn't judge it very well and ended up pulling up on the curb a little. I was scared to death that I damaged something tho I didn't hear any grinding and I'm still worried I may have hurt the alignment but stuff like that is going to happen and it is even more likely until I get used to it. Then today I noticed what may be a tiny rust spot on my brand new car and I'm kind of freaked about that. If it is then it is a defect and they will fix it but it won't be quite prestine anymore.

I suppose your collision deductable on your insurance is at least $500 so I guess that is out. If your comp deductable is low, mine is $0, then you could play dumb and see how they classify it or if you have a cool or maybe ethicly quesitonable agent then maybe he can suggest how you can portray this so it falls under comp. Doing this is not really ethical but then again insurance companies are notorious for finding ways not to cover things so it is pretty easy to fall out of ethical character when dealing with them. My insurance tried not covering some damage once cuz I didn't know how it happened and suggested it may have been a shopping cart and they informed me that a shopping cart would fall under collision which is some real bs. I got it covered under comp but that pissed me off that they would try to do that.

Btw I love that blue you have. I never saw any around here in that shade of blue. I didn't like the dark blue, or really any other colors but black and silver ice, so I went with silver ice but after seeing your car I am kind of regretting that now. I wish I saw your car before I bought mine cuz I would have held out.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Something like that should only be like $300, though...so i woudnl't go through ins for that. But...you never know. My front bumper just turned out to be $1,050 to be redone. You never know....never know....
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #50
Riddikulus5Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
Yeah I shouldn't have bought mine either but I'm starting grad school this week and it is going to be tough and very stressful so despite the fiscal irresponsibility of the purchase the happiness has to be factored in and I have been in need of that and so far it is all worth it cuz I love the car and have dreamed of it for so long. Actually it was supposed to be my graduation present to myself for getting thru college in 08 but it has been hell since then so f it I threw caution to the wind and got it now.

I had a very minor mishap on the second day when I went thru an automatic car wash and didn't judge it very well and ended up pulling up on the curb a little. I was scared to death that I damaged something tho I didn't hear any grinding and I'm still worried I may have hurt the alignment but stuff like that is going to happen and it is even more likely until I get used to it. Then today I noticed what may be a tiny rust spot on my brand new car and I'm kind of freaked about that. If it is then it is a defect and they will fix it but it won't be quite prestine anymore.

I suppose your collision deductable on your insurance is at least $500 so I guess that is out. If your comp deductable is low, mine is $0, then you could play dumb and see how they classify it or if you have a cool or maybe ethicly quesitonable agent then maybe he can suggest how you can portray this so it falls under comp. Doing this is not really ethical but then again insurance companies are notorious for finding ways not to cover things so it is pretty easy to fall out of ethical character when dealing with them. My insurance tried not covering some damage once cuz I didn't know how it happened and suggested it may have been a shopping cart and they informed me that a shopping cart would fall under collision which is some real bs. I got it covered under comp but that pissed me off that they would try to do that.

Btw I love that blue you have. I never saw any around here in that shade of blue. I didn't like the dark blue, or really any other colors but black and silver ice, so I went with silver ice but after seeing your car I am kind of regretting that now. I wish I saw your car before I bought mine cuz I would have held out.

First off, congrats on starting grad school! and the new car to help celebrate and ease the stress.

My car was something I had been dreaming about since I was a kid, and then they came out with the 5th gen, and after a year of searching, I found the one that came to be mine. It was my 25th bday present to myself, but had been a loooong time coming, graduating from school, etc.

Anywhoo, my insurance guy has been great in the past, actually pretty darn ethical, and usually willing to go above and beyond what should be expected, to try and find all the breaks and things we could get on our insurance to give us the best coverage and best rates. So, I was just in general hesitant to submit this, since I have a clean record for anything, and I am happy with where my payments are right now, didn't really want to tarnish my record with something stupid and end up paying more. hmm..
that is kind of ridiculous about the shopping cart, hooray insurance... *rolls eyes*

And thanks for the comment on the blue! Once I saw it, it was something I really had to have, but in order to get that color these days, unfortunately you have to look for a used one, because it was only offered for the 2010 models, and was then discontinued. So, no worries on not holding out, and the Silver Ice just makes the body lines look amazing, (In my opinion.) So, I think you still did good. Enjoy!

Tags
bumper, damage, hit, rear, scrape