Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Slick1
New Guy

Drives: Black 2011 1SS.
Slick1's Build Thread

Well for awhile it's mostly going to be cosmetic stuff until the power train warranty is up. Unfortunately for creative sakes most of the ideas I had that I thought were my own creation when I bought the car (pin striping the gills and painting the center cutouts in the wheels black, and blacking out the side markers, removing Camaro lettering on sides) are all things that have not only been done but seem to be pretty common. I still think they look badass though so it's all happening

Here it is the day I bought it

2011 1SS, Black In/Out, Polished Aluminum Wheels, "Upgraded" Floor Mats, and somehow got the cargo net for free , Non RS package

Since then I had the GMPP exhaust put in and the PDIM at the dealer. The videos I was seeing online don't do the exhaust justice and I'm glad I went for it.

Here it is freshly washed and de - lettered

I have ordered the charcoal smoke kit from Big Worm and everything is getting blacked out except the headlights. I may do the headlights in the future but I'm not planning on it.

The front bowtie is also going to be black or red. I messaged a seller on ebay about a black one but if that falls through I have a stock one to fall back on here on the site (broke mine trying to get it off ) and I may try my original plan of painting the sliver trim around it black and painting an oem bowtie blood red

The only "performance" mod I'm thinking about before the warranty is up is a CAI brand CAI.

Also I tried to have the dealer tune out the AFM so it would still be covered under warranty but he said that there was no program available to tune it out?!!
Slick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
It looks really good so far man can't wait to see what you can do with it.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Slick1
New Guy

Well the bowtie and smoke kit came today. Got the bowtie mounted and it looks ok. I didn't realize it replaced even the chrome when I ordered it and was trying to avoid it but I'm sure it'll grow on me some. I think I may still play with the stock one some as a backup.

Hopefully I'll get the smoked lights on tomorrow if I have enough daylight when I get home
Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Slick1
New Guy

Also it looks a bit uneven but without drilling new holes in the back there's nothing I can do about it. It was a 2010 bowtie so I used the post bolts that came with it and put them through the horizontal slots and then tightened the nut on the backside.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Slick1
New Guy

Did some WORK today. Got the whole smoke kit on and it looks badass.

This first pic is the marker light on the side. I didn't think to get a before so it's all I got of the markers

Next was the turn signals.

Before

After

Back

This is after the fog lights. Saved them for last cause I wasn't sure I was going to do them and they were the hardest to get flat. I'm still not sold on them so they may come off eventually. Also I'm glad I didn't get the headlight ones.