Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
Capthowdy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
SCT Firmware?

I am having problems uploading a custom tune with my SCT due to a firmware"Bug" according to SCT tech support....I have seen that there were a lot of these purchased recently and was wondering if anyone else was having problems with uploading tunes? or using the SCT in general? they say that they are working on a fix...I hope it does not take too long.....
Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
retired motorcop

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I had a problem with the hand-held not being recognized by the computer software. SCT Tech did a remote connect to my computer and still could not get it to work. Ended up sending it to SCT for warranty repair. Got it back today, works great now. The repair sheet states that it needed a "firmware and tune revision" and "replaced board".
retired motorcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
Capthowdy

mine does all that fine....when I load the tune in my ecm it says "calculating check sums" for about a minute than says "tune flie corrupt"........"reload file" wich I didi with no luck....
I have all the latest updates and all........:(
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #4
retired motorcop

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Yeah, thats a different problem. Good luck with it! My experience with SCT Tech was very good!
retired motorcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yep tune file corrupt. Mine did it yesterday. Ted is aware of the issue and Ken at SCT and the gang are now aware and working on a fix. Hopefully in the next day or so since I finally decided to do the tune.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Capthowdy

Sct just called me to tell me they are into the code in firmware doing a fix as I type...
Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
smokescreen

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Cool beans...thanks for the update
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
[QUOTE] My SCT came in yesterday.
Went to upload my tune from Ted today and got the same "tune file is corrupt"........"reload file" message. Sent an email to Ted tonight.

Hope the fix comes out soon!

I had the same problem, but I called SCT Tech support and they were able to down load a new firmware. Teds tune is working great thank god.
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
Capthowdy

the fix is in I think...they say it worked with the 10,11 man 11auto...must still be a prob with the 10 auto...it was too late for my fix today.. I am first thing tomm...then they will update on the site to download firmware update fix I would think...
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
SIMSS

Drives: SIM
I had Ken call me and perform the firmware fix, tune was uploaded successfully! 2011 LS3.
SIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
Capthowdy

what was te problem?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #12
SIMSS

Drives: SIM
I was getting the file tune corrupt and also an unable to load stock tune once the tuner was hooked up to the car's ECU.
SIMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
melbourne_ls1

Drives: 2011 2SS Red Jewel Tintcoat Vert
MANNYS2SS/RS,
What's the version on the new firmware?

Thanks.
melbourne_ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
Capthowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMSS View Post
I was getting the file tune corrupt and also an unable to load stock tune once the tuner was hooked up to the car's ECU.
I meant what did they do to fix it?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #15
Capthowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbourne_ls1 View Post
MANNYS2SS/RS,
What's the version on the new firmware?

Thanks.
They have not released it yet....I am sure the new version # will be updated soon...
Old 04-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #16
dcarlos55

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Got mine today. Looks like I'll be talking to SCT soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #17
dk818

Drives: not yet
are you guys having to reload the tune after you update the firmware?
dk818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #18
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'm tossing mine. I'll just drive to Houston and see ARD and let Owen do all my stuff. I've never liked the SCT platform.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #19
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky's SS View Post
Ok, i need some help. I haven't even taking the tuner out of the package yet. What should i do, who do i contact, what steps should i take here. Thanks for any help.
Who did you buy it from? That's where you should go. Ask them what they know. If they know nothing, then just get a refund. Scotts car is sitting downtown right now. I'd give it back until they get this sorted out.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #20
Ken@SCT

Drives: 81 Mazda RX7 08 Nightrod Special
Hey guys... just wanted to provide some feedback for you here. I currently have a TEST Firmware for both the 3400 and 3416 devices that has resolved the "tune file corrupt error" that most of you have been receiving.

Currently this FW resolves the issue on 2010 and 2011 Manual cars, but I am awaiting confirmation for 2011 Auto cars as they use a different trans module than most of the 2010 cars. We have had one issue with a 2010 auto vehicle in which the flash caused the trans module to go offline and the vehicle will not shift out of 2nd gear. Scott has been extremely understanding and patient with this situation, but we don't want to put any other customers through this headache.

That being said we have 2 engineers currently working with a 2010 auto car with the T43 trans module to resolve the issue. If the issue is resolved today then we will have a test file to try out for the auto vehicles, until then I ask for your patience while we work diligently to resolve these issues.

Anyone that is receiving the "tune file corrupt error" please email me directly with the following information:

Name (First/Last)
Dealer you purchased device from
Year/Make/Model/Trans type
Contact Information

If you have a manual car I can resolve the issue immediately, but will need to remote connect to your PC to load the file, so you need your device, a PC with high-speed internet, and access to the vehicle to test the fix. I will email you back to let you know if I am on a call, and if so I will give you a time that I will call you back.

Additionally we will be closed in observance of Good Friday, so if I am not able to resolve your issues today I will contact you first thing Monday.

Again thank you for your patience, and thank you for choosing SCT.
Ken@SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #21
PQ

Wow.

Have a nice vacation.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
update from SCT worked perfect

got the sct from jennetty on wednesday, saw this post, waited to here from ted, he emailed me this morning with the tune, i told him the firmware version 1.2.127, he said it needed to be updated. i called SCT, they immediatlly remote updated it, walked me through the whole process of the update. then walked me through loading the stock tune and then loading the JRE tune. all is well. Ohh this in on my buddies ride
LS3

See www.camarocustoms.com
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #23
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Wow.

Have a nice vacation.
off topic, hey PQ, it was good to meet you there at the host hotel at camaro fest.

lupe

See www.camarocustoms.com
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #24
Ken@SCT

Drives: 81 Mazda RX7 08 Nightrod Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Wow.

Have a nice vacation.
This thread is in attempt to help those having issues. If you would like to bash our product then you are more than welcome to start your own thread. You have many choices out there for your tuning needs, please choose the company you feel most comfortable with.

However, as you can see by the number of positive response to this issue there are many satisfied customers. If you actually own one of our devices and are having issues with it I would be glad to resolve them for you, but if not, please be mature enough to restrain your comments.
Ken@SCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #25
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
off topic, hey PQ, it was good to meet you there at the host hotel at camaro fest.

lupe
Good times. Hope to see you at the next one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken@SCT View Post
This thread is in attempt to help those having issues. If you would like to bash our product then you are more than welcome to start your own thread. You have many choices out there for your tuning needs, please choose the company you feel most comfortable with.

However, as you can see by the number of positive response to this issue there are many satisfied customers. If you actually own one of our devices and are having issues with it I would be glad to resolve them for you, but if not, please be mature enough to restrain your comments.
Really? Read the OP. He asked a question. Go ahead. Read it again. I made my comments based on the OP. He asked about use in general. It is no secret I don't really like your product. AND it is no secret that most do. If you think you can come in here and give an update and then drop a line telling some people they have to wait til Monday to possibly get a fix and not get criticised, then fine. I'll exercise my desire to comment. Immature? Why, because I am calling you out a bit? You have guys cars not running and your taking Friday off. I run my business differently. We've cancelled days off MANY times when problems needed to be resolved.

And yes, I have one of your units. It is currently unuseable. Married to my car but the car has been dynotuned so it's basically useless. And that's fine. I forgot to set it back to stock. I knew it would happen. I gave my opinion of you product. HONEST opinion. I pointed out the bad AND the good. Even said that it gets the job done just fine. AFTER you spend 3 hours on the computer. But your interface sucks, and every time I use it there's an issue. It works, but it's a pita. THAT's an honest review. Hope you don't work in the PR department.