Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #76
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
On a side note... Ghost armor is awesome!
THANKS buddy! You were one of our original customers
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #77
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
When it happened I was assisting a few people and through a group of people I noticed those 2 posing by my car and the angle I was at i couldnt tell whose arm was out stretched, they were side by side and very close to each other but I saw an out stretched hand running nails along the contour of where the scratches are now.

I'm not pointing fingers because they happened to have had nails, can I recall which one of the 2 did it? No..but did I see them alone next to my car and one of their hands do that?..yes.

I wouldnt post on here based on just a whim, I respect the members on here too much and appreciate the support they have shown the company I work for.

if I wasn't sure or was going to be dishonest I would have just picked one of the two to blame it on.
With respect...I don't think posting the picture up and making a public issue out of it was at all a wise decision...No matter how sure you are. There are some things that are better handled privately.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #78
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
When it happened I was assisting a few people and through a group of people I noticed those 2 posing by my car and the angle I was at i couldnt tell whose arm was out stretched, they were side by side and very close to each other but I saw an out stretched hand running nails along the contour of where the scratches are now.

I'm not pointing fingers because they happened to have had nails, can I recall which one of the 2 did it? No..but did I see them alone next to my car and one of their hands do that?..yes.

I wouldnt post on here based on just a whim, I respect the members on here too much and appreciate the support they have shown the company I work for.

if I wasn't sure or was going to be dishonest I would have just picked one of the two to blame it on.
I must be reading too d@mn fast these days trying to get in as much as possible...

I read your post again...and finally on the third time I got it.

I apologize.

I see where you said you AND another saw them touching and running their nails across it.

However it ends up, I hope for nothing but the best.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #79
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I must be reading too d@mn fast these days trying to get in as much as possible...

I read your post again...and finally on the third time I got it.

I apologize.

I see where you said you AND another saw them touching and running their nails across it.

However it ends up, I hope for nothing but the best.

No worries, I know there are tons of posts on here that must be moderated..
Old 04-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #80
IOM-SS

Drives: 2010 SS RS 2G1FT1EWXA9163596
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i was at an auto show a few years ago and a kid opened the door to a new Corvette and climbed on it-full weight. i was at another show with old cars, all roped off , and this low class family comes up, leans over and puts their hands on a Sting Ray!!
From day one when I could understand my parents taught me never to touch an "Old" or Classic Car. We are a Car family from the late nineteen forties to present day. one of the very first cars that our parents restored Original 1913 Model T Ford, it is still in the family, we used a piece of carpet turned carpet side down to get in the back seat.
IOM-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #81
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Not that my opinion matters... but I am less suspicious of fingernails then I am of the rings. I have seen more scratches in paint, decals, body armor and windows caused by rings being run across the surfaces of all, then I have ever seen with finger nails. I use to apply vinyl type decals to my fleet of vans and that is usually what caused the damage was someone wearing a ring and washing the vehicle! A good reminder for all who wash or detail... remove those belt buckles, jackets with metal buttons on sleeves (like Levi's) and jewelry before you clean and wax your vehicle. Just my 2 cents. No disrespect meant towards anyone. Sorry for the damage.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #82
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Clear bra = protection from chips, scratches and other wear and tear

Vinyl wrap = cosmetic application that's a temporary alternative to paint job

What did you use on your stripes exactly?..I'll happily try it, flat black isn't very forgiving.
I believe I was lucky as I used the drill kit and Swirl & Haze Remover Polish and then the Fine Machine Polish. My stripes are the high gloss ones though and I knew that I could go through the top coat of the vinyl sticker if I wasn't careful.

Maybe try the Fine Machine Polish by hand as ud_lose recommended.
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #83
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro View Post
I believe I was lucky as I used the drill kit and Swirl & Haze Remover Polish and then the Fine Machine Polish. My stripes are the high gloss ones though and I knew that I could go through the top coat of the vinyl sticker if I wasn't careful.

Maybe try the Fine Machine Polish by hand as ud_lose recommended.
The gloss and matte/flat are different ball games all together..luckily yours were gloss.

Happy Easter to all!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #84
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Actually, I've seen jeans ALONE cause scratches. JUST THE DENIM. I wouldn't think it would on a wrap though.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #85
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Actually, I've seen jeans ALONE cause scratches. JUST THE DENIM. I wouldn't think it would on a wrap though.
The nails were the culprit this time, I don't think denim itself would scratch the wrap
Old 04-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #86
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
The nails were the culprit this time, I don't think denim itself would scratch the wrap
Oh.... no doubt. I guess I was just addint to the other post in general. Sorry.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #87
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Quote:
The gloss and matte/flat are different ball games all together..luckily yours were gloss.

Happy Easter to all!
Seriously try the Fine Machine Polish by hand. It works great on flat black vinyl.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #88
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
Seriously try the Fine Machine Polish by hand. It works great on flat black vinyl.
Ill give it a shot, thanks!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #89
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Let us know how it comes out.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #90
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
That sucks dude hope you get it all fixed up soon.

I know I ended up with at least four nice rock chips in my paint after my Utah, Nev to AZ trip.. Good ol touch up paint ;*
Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #91
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Ha got this beat with a hammer, C5F I not 1 but 2 yes 2 door dings from our fine members here on C5, one on each side. Actually saw 1 guy do it( first door ding), walk over look at my car and walk away. The lady ( Second door ding) was so upset left her name and number so I called her and she met me, was really nice and tried to pay but I refused.

It's all good, some people care some don't. If you are truly worried then leave it in the garage otherwise this is going to happen, just a matter of time and when it does you have to decide how you are going to react before it happens.

OBTW cost to fix mine ------ Original door ding FREE Dentless guy hooked me up, no harm no foul, KARMA HA HA, other one was 300.00.

Hope yours gets taken care of.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #92
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Let us know how it comes out.
It didn't work :(
Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #93
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Old 04-26-2011, 01:37 AM   #94
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Ha got this beat with a hammer, C5F I not 1 but 2 yes 2 door dings from our fine members here on C5, one on each side. Actually saw 1 guy do it( first door ding), walk over look at my car and walk away. The lady ( Second door ding) was so upset left her name and number so I called her and she met me, was really nice and tried to pay but I refused.

It's all good, some people care some don't. If you are truly worried then leave it in the garage otherwise this is going to happen, just a matter of time and when it does you have to decide how you are going to react before it happens.

OBTW cost to fix mine ------ Original door ding FREE Dentless guy hooked me up, no harm no foul, KARMA HA HA, other one was 300.00.

Hope yours gets taken care of.
I think he ripped you off, had a few taken out and they ran from 75 for each to 40 bucks for two.. you handled that really cool. the first one I got was when a friend was watching it for me while I was deployed and it had on above the right drivers side rear wheel well and the dealer caused one... they paid for that trust me... and old people just opening doors. I saw him and just looked at him.. they come out as long as there not too big...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #95
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Quote:
It didn't work :(
Sorry, but it was worth a try. They must be worse then they look in the pictures.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #96
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
I think he ripped you off, had a few taken out and they ran from 75 for each to 40 bucks for two.. you handled that really cool. the first one I got was when a friend was watching it for me while I was deployed and it had on above the right drivers side rear wheel well and the dealer caused one... they paid for that trust me... and old people just opening doors. I saw him and just looked at him.. they come out as long as there not too big...
Oh the 300.00 was not for dentless removal it was to have the dent removed by the body shop, it had to be painted The dentless guy removed the other side for Free but couldn't get the drivers side out, to big and was in the body line of the door.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #97
RollTideMom

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
ok... so the RULES are.... Stand by my car and look pretty but DON'T TOUCH MY CAR Biotches!!! Darn!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #98
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
ahhh that aint cool....but i doubt anyone would admit to that...considering it cant be buffed cause its a wrap....sorry man
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #99
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Well for one I'm sorry that the car got scratched....But if you dont want your car getting damaged u need to rope it off....I understand most people know not to touch the car but things happen..Trust me has many cars I've been around loading and unloading and babysitting things happen.....
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #100
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
Well for one I'm sorry that the car got scratched....But if you dont want your car getting damaged u need to rope it off....I understand most people know not to touch the car but things happen..Trust me has many cars I've been around loading and unloading and babysitting things happen.....

Ropes will be in line for next year.