Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
lilwarrenb

Drives: Synergy Green Special Edition
Anyone have Lambo Doors? Issues, Concerns?

I know the post "Lambo Door, No Lambo" has been done a few times. People are all gonna have their own opinions. I have a few questions for anyone who has these Lambo hinges.

1. Are they strong? Do they seem strong enough while the door is up or feel flimsy?

2. I know they swing out, then up. Can they be shut incorrectly on accident? Like possibly swinging in before down, causing damage to car or hinge?

3. When sitting in car is it easy enough to reach handle to close the door?

4. Do OEM door handles hold up ok to the pulling up and down of door?

Im sure I have more. Please feel free to voice any other concerns, comments or experiences with the use and quality of these hinges, good or bad. Not wether YOU like them or not. Thank You
lilwarrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
my only concern would be if anyone has these and is a daily driver. How long the hydrolic will last before it starts wearing off and need to be replaced...

also, are there any kits out there that allow you to open the door normally, and then veritcal if you wanted.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
lilwarrenb

Drives: Synergy Green Special Edition
Yes most kits open normally also. Im not sure if they open completely normally but enough to get in and out of without opening vertical.
lilwarrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
my only concern would be if anyone has these and is a daily driver. How long the hydrolic will last before it starts wearing off and need to be replaced...

also, are there any kits out there that allow you to open the door normally, and then veritcal if you wanted.
I have seen this question many times before so I took some pics to help with the answer.

Here is the door at its max opening:

It is about 23" wide so if you can't fit thru that they you'll have to lift the door.

I have had the Vertical Door kit since last Memorial day and my car is a daily driver with more than 35K miles. I average at least 20+ shows a year (with the doors open) and they are still good as new.

Hope this helps.

CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
hello bro, did my door last august.
doors are holding up, zero problems, holding alignment perfect. i have them up every week for weekly meets, i have had them up in windy conditions, they move but hold very well, nothing worn at this point. you will not lift them to get in or out. you can lift them when you are seated in the car, but it will take good arm strength to pull them down. i always pull them down before i get in. the door really cannot be closed when they are up because of built in stops on the doors. once down they need to be closed straight and not putting pressure down on the handles. not a big issue as everyone that gets in and out know this, so no problems there.

lupe

See www.camarocustoms.com
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
martinezj454545

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
@ OVERHAULENGINES
Where did you buy your Lambo door kit and your hood Kit, and i am in the military so i dont get paid that much (reason for the LS) so is there places online for good discount Mods to do?
martinezj454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezj454545 View Post
@ OVERHAULENGINES
Where did you buy your Lambo door kit and your hood Kit, and i am in the military so i dont get paid that much (reason for the LS) so is there places online for good discount Mods to do?
Hello bro, the door kit is from vertical doors inc. The hood kit is from revolution styles. Talk to dean or Tommy at revolution. I'm on the road now. Google them. Thx

Lupe

Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
Hello bro, the door kit is from vertical doors inc. The hood kit is from revolution styles. Talk to dean or Tommy at revolution. I'm on the road now. Google them. Thx

Lupe

Lupe's gonna do the lambo trunk next!
SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
Autobots
Roll out!

Drives: 2010 ss/rs ls3
when you are at a car show do you just turn off the dome light or un hook the door button that tells the car the door is ajar? or just leave it alone?

@ciscobee did you use vertical doors inc also?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobots View Post
when you are at a car show do you just turn off the dome light or un hook the door button that tells the car the door is ajar? or just leave it alone?

@ciscobee did you use vertical doors inc also?
Hello bro, when parked, key is out so chiming, yes i move the dome light switch off, now I do have red led dome light so sometimes I leave it on.

Lupe

Tags
doors, hinges, lambo doors