Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #51
JPDrgn1
Tabula Rasa

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sooo.... about those up-armored camaros. When will they get here so us deployed people can partake in some of this action?!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #52
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
that would probably totally make the iraqis drool!!! they have never seen something so beautiful!!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #53
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #54
JPDrgn1
Tabula Rasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
that would probably totally make the iraqis drool!!! they have never seen something so beautiful!!
I think it would more likely make them wet themselves... whether from the sheer breath-taking beauty or the fact that they about to get really messed up. Whichever way you want to look at it!

**Let me clarify... the terrorists would be the ones being messed up, not the innocents.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:22 AM   #55
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Quote:
__________________________________________________ ____________

Don't forget the virgins!
Camaroyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #56
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Time to sleep. Y'all be cool.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #57
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
No need to get discouraged about the news. I mean its only one mans opinion. First and formost, I really like the interior, and second when I get a chance, I will sit in the car and observe the seating. If that works, that will be awesome.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #58
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
One of the first things about the concept that I HATED about the new Camaro was the look of the interior. Its was so ugly and too retro for the image and style of the exterior ... it just didnt fot well together.

Having said that, I do like the interior a lot more now, however, who ever designed the interior needs shooting cos they really dropped the ball IMHO!! I know its all about bringing back the 69 but do we have to have it look like it was made in 69?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #59
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Malibu has done well in this regard. If the materials are the same quality I have no concerns.

When I sat in the car at SEMA I thought it was a much better layout than the new ACCORD.

The video training I saw (before it was removed) spent some time on the dash . All looked good to me.

After all some peoples taste is all in their mouth!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:48 AM   #60
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by domano 68 View Post
I am 6'4" 210#. Any fit problems for us taller folk? TIA!
Ck this link out. Like I said I'm right at 6'0" and 200-205lbs and you can see I have plenty of room. Now if you have a long torso it may be a problem but mostly on one with a sunroof.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:24 AM   #61
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
No need to get discouraged about the news. I mean its only one mans opinion. First and formost, I really like the interior, and second when I get a chance, I will sit in the car and observe the seating. If that works, that will be awesome.

I agree and he is an attorney who started this and it's only his opinon which by the way he was talking I would drive around and check out another attorney before going to him if he thinks it is that bad.

for the Camaro!!!
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:04 AM   #62
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Send a message via MSN to edog
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
When I hear words like underwhelming and cheap plastic, it concerns me. I understand the muscle car isn't a luxury car thing, but my wifes Lexus does 0-60 in 5 seconds or just under. And the interior is excellent. I will pay about 500 dollars more for the Camaro than I paid for hers. If i'm going to defend GM and the Camaro, which I do, then I can't pay more for less or I'm an idiot.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying this car as far as I know now but it won't take many more opinions to the contrary to make me reconsider and wait. But in the meantime I may buy a boat and just not buy a car at all. It's the quality that I'll be looking for. I am justified in that since my wifes car is almost as fast with impecable interior for a grand less. Time will tell.
I think we all have different taste. Many of us have stated how great the interior looks, as well as Fbodfather. I know he is paid to sell it, but none the less if it looked like S%#t he would not be praising it so much.

I thought it was put together quite well. I was not as impressed w/ fabric interior as I was the leather. The stitching on the black fabric interior looked off, but it was in the same manner as the two tone just the white stitching threw it off to me. Others thought it was the cat's meow (sorry, hard time finding catch phrase).

I have seen you posting for a while, and you appear to have a rational side. I think you will agree, there are some tid bits to be improved on, but for the class of car it is well worth the money. Also, for what the interior lacks the exterior makes up for in leaps and bounds. I would never think a person would jump in and say "Whoa, you got robbed". You will enjoy this car.
LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Halltech CAI, Pedders sways, endlinks, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. Tuned by John @Broadview Auto Service. 435HP/420TQ
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #63
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
I sat in the new Camaro at the Philadelphia car show, and wasn't comfortable, but that was because the seat wasn't adjustable and I know it will be different in my Camaro when I can adjust it for me.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #64
SQUALO
Early Production "SS"

Drives: 2010 SS IOM/WHITE RALLYS.

We need pics to back up your results.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #65
2sharp

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
....but my wifes Lexus does 0-60 in 5 seconds or just under. And the interior is excelent. I will pay about 500 dollars more for the Camaro than I paid for hers. If i'm giomg to defend GM and the Camaro, which I do, then I can't pay more for less or I'm an idiot.
irpq 11 seriously I don't want you to take this the wrong way but thats a stupid analogy....Lexus is a luxury brand, the interior WILL be completely different, its as to say you would compare the camaro interior to a cadillac or even better a buick! The new lacrosse will be cheaper than a fully loaded Camaro but the interior will be leaps and bounds over in quality and materials..its completely Apples and oranges what your comparing! The interior of the Camaro is in the same catergory as the mustang, challenger, etc etc its not a luxury car its a sports car. two different class of cars two different clientele
That it is...........but the interior of the Mustang, I think, especially the 2010, is leaps and bounds better looking that the Camaro. I havent sat in a new Camaro yet, but every single pic I see of the Camaro turns me off more and more. The Mustangs interior layout and options far surpass that of the Camaro -- it almost has the loooks of a luxury car and options to boot (SYNC, GPS, etc) -- I understand what the Camaro was paying tribute to....but like Matrix said, does it have to look like it was made in '69. The interior does the exterior a disservice. Dress up parts can only do so much to hide a bad design.
2sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #66
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Where's the OP. Come into our house, drops troll spore and then disappears? He should have come back with more info. Sounds like he was just spoiled by his caddy.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 AM   #67
SGOS252382

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesserayjames View Post
I sat in the new Camaro at the Philadelphia car show, and wasn't comfortable, but that was because the seat wasn't adjustable and I know it will be different in my Camaro when I can adjust it for me.

Guys that are 6'+ should be fine. Now 6'5''+ might be a different story. It's about seat adjustment.

As mentioned, the demo car will not be adjusted for a 6'3'' person.

I'm 6'3''. The first time I tried to sit in a Fbody Z28 my head smashed into the roof. I instantly got scared and said this car isn't for me. But after a quick adjustment of the seat, I had plenty of head room.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #68
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
i was supossed 2 be there :-(
Old 02-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #69
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sharp View Post
That it is...........but the interior of the Mustang, I think, especially the 2010, is leaps and bounds better looking that the Camaro. I havent sat in a new Camaro yet, but every single pic I see of the Camaro turns me off more and more. The Mustangs interior layout and options far surpass that of the Camaro -- it almost has the loooks of a luxury car and options to boot (SYNC, GPS, etc) -- I understand what the Camaro was paying tribute to....but like Matrix said, does it have to look like it was made in '69. The interior does the exterior a disservice. Dress up parts can only do so much to hide a bad design.
I agree!! That's why every car show I went to...people were swarming around the Mustang!

Nice try.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #70
Attorneyguy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Interesting. I would have expected that it would be somewhat similar to your G8. How do the two compare?
Even though the G8 and the Camaro are based on the same platform, they have very different interiors. You sit much lower in the Camaro and visibility all around you is diminished. I understand that is the definition of sports car, but the Camaro lacked a sense of comfort that 85% of the other cars I sat in last night had. I adjusted the Camaro seat for awhile searching for the "sweet" spot. The adjustments helped, but only to a point.

I also was not impressed by the center console. I sat in a $19,000 Honda that had a more fancy center console. Of course, this is all a matter of opinion. Some people will like the old school interior, and at the very least, it is unique.

Like I said, I had an opportunity to to sit in MANY cars last night. I sat in the Camaro first and then again at the end of the show. This is how my opinion was formed.

But opinions are like a_____! You gotta sit in the Camaro yourself! It still is a great vehicle in my book. The exterior is one of the best at the auto show (if not the best). I was just hoping for a different interior. In the end, you gotta buy a car for yourself, not for its outside appearance.
Attorneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #71
Attorneyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
The G8 and Camaro have pretty much the same materials used on the inside. The G8 GT is actually a little worse IMO. Looked at both today at the Edmonton Motorshow and I definitly preffered the camaro over the G8. So why did you buy the G8 if interior was such a big deal?
I bought the G8 because it is the single best value on the market today (just like the Camaro will be once it hits dealer lots). But having said that, I also think that the G8 interior is lacking. The GTO from 2004 had a nicer interior! I mean, come on. GM should have made it nicer, especially if it is trying to compete against the likes of Infiniti, BMW, Nissan, et al. But I understand corners had to be cut to keep the price under $30K. At least the G8 has a nice center console screen. Indeed, a significant majority of cars that I saw last night had a nice center monitor to display key information and to provide navigation. It's a feature that more and more consumers are expecting to see, especially in a car that costs $30,000 plus. In this sense, the Camaro interior looks dated already. But I suppose that was the point, right? RETRO, anyone?

For what it is worth, I have not scratched off the Camaro from my car buying list. I still love that beast. I'm just going to consider it a little more carefully, that's all. Nothing wrong with that, right? I like to spend my $33,000 carefully!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #72
Attorneyguy

By the way, for the record...if the Camaro interior had exceeded my expectations (as opposed to underwhelmed me), I would have been at the Chevy dealer today ordering one up.

OF COURSE, MY OPINION MAY COMPLETELY CHANGE AGAIN ONCE I ACTUALLY TEST DRIVE THE CAMARO AND HEAR THAT ENGINE!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #73
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Time to sleep. Y'all be cool.
irpq11: I too had to wrestle with the fact that my Benz E500 will keep up with the Camaro (I surprise Corvettes on a daily basis)- it is a fast car (albeit $70,000) but I wanted a true American Muscle car. The interior can be better - just from a cursory look at the layout - but it is not that bad at all. I sat in the Yellow SS for about an hour - it was nice and will work for me. Sure it ain't my Benz, but it is not supposed to be.

from your "hoooah" - sounds like you are a fellow 11B Infantry - more than few years ago for me - but as you know - you never forget!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #74
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Different strokes for different folks, ultimately. Attorneyguy doesn't like feeling cramped in his car, both with seating and visibility, and I'm sure there may be a few others out there who feel similarly. Then there are those of us like myself who actually prefer that "cockpit" feel, low-slung and "fits like a glove", as someone else said. Not to mention fbodfather is a good bit over 6 feet, and he's certainly not complaining about his experience.

As for the interior quality, it is GM, and while I certainly hope it's better than it used to be, as they're pretty much doing with all their newer vehicles, I remember sitting in a 4th gen SS, and those interiors were definitely much worse than the 5th gen. But I barely thought about the materials. The interior was attractive enough, simple, and functional, but what really got me was sitting behind the wheel of a super-fun car with sporty exterior looks and a 325+ HP engine, and a legend at that!!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #75
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chfr3ak View Post
Only if you have the sunroof. Im 6'3 and my head was touching.
I usually ride with the vertical portion of the seat leaned back beyond its 90 degree position so this should help; I hope!
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote