Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #120
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hess Motorsports View Post
I gotta ask..... Does it only turn left???

And if you actually TRY to turn right..... does it automatically crash into the closest wall or search for a kitty litter pit to plow into backwards?

Since this IS the Dale Earnhardt edition does it come with a HANS device just in case??

NASCAR =
The last thing I owned with a carburetor was a F#$%ING LAWNMOWER
Wow,what an ass,how insensitive,I'll make sure to not ever buy anything from your company

BTW...NASCAR is going to fuel injection next year.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #121
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
And if you actually TRY to turn right..... does it automatically crash into the closest wall or search for a kitty litter pit to plow into backwards?

Since this IS the Dale Earnhardt edition does it come with a HANS device just in case??
Is this supposed to be funny? It seems a little tasteless and insensitive to me.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #122
jhart711

Drives: 2010 yellow 2 SS
Where can I order one,.
jhart711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #123
motorhead

Drives: Stormtrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I can't understand modeling this car after a nascar version that Earnhardt never drove. I like everthing except the front spliter and spliter brackets. That refers to the car of tomorrow which Earnhardt never drove. Everything else looks great. Not $79,000 great ,but nice none the less.
Quote:
One more thing..... Why isn't anyone complaining that they mixed the two car themes? You have the splitter from the COT and the wing from the late model??? Is it just me or shouldn't they have chosen to stay with one or the other?
Coolman already pointed this out to us. As far as your turn right into the wall comment, It's all the cars that are in front of you while driving this car that will just up and turn right into the wall. You know just like when Earnhardt was racing. He never hit anyone if you ask an Earnhardt fan. They just all hit the wall themselves and he just happen to be behind them. LOL
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #124
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
Is this supposed to be funny? It seems a little tasteless and insensitive to me.
Yea, dont think it was funny either.

If I was trying to sell product on here, I would try to be pretty neutral on most topics, regardless of how I felt, but thats just me..

Anyway, I think this is overpriced for what you get, BUT, I've seen way worse "limited edition" cars sell for more...*cough* Nieman Marcus Convertible Camaro *cough*

At least this one has some personal touches (shifter, wheel logo, logo on supercharger, checkered flag in door panel, etc)

Not how I would spend my money, but I dont have enough to worry about this problem anyway.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #125
MS3DALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
As far as your turn right into the wall comment, It's all the cars that are in front of you while driving this car that will just up and turn right into the wall. You know just like when Earnhardt was racing. He never hit anyone if you ask an Earnhardt fan. They just all hit the wall themselves and he just happen to be behind them. LOL
His comment about the turn right into the wall had to do with Earnhardt's death in the 2001 Daytona 500,not Earnhardt hitting anyone (which he did,very well might I add!)
As I said,very insensitive,but its something an ass would say

'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
Old 05-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #126
motorhead

Drives: Stormtrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
His comment about the turn right into the wall had to do with Earnhardt's death in the 2001 Daytona 500,not Earnhardt hitting anyone (which he did,very well might I add!)
As I said,very insensitive,but its something an ass would say
Wow! Sorry that went right over my head. Yeah that was uncool if that was what he was referring to. I didn't root for Earnhardt back in the day ,but I still won't make fun of his untimely demise. Bad form
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #127
MS3DALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
Yea, dont think it was funny either.

If I was trying to sell product on here, I would try to be pretty neutral on most topics, regardless of how I felt, but thats just me..
Thats the thing,why would you offend potential customers
I'm still looking to purchase quite a few mods for my car,HESS MOTORSPORTS will NOT be getting any of my business!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #128
MS3DALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wow! Sorry that went right over my head. Yeah that was uncool if that was what he was referring to. I didn't root for Earnhardt back in the day ,but I still won't make fun of his untimely demise. Bad form
No problem man
I knew Earnhardt personally,I worked for the man in the mid-'90s,nicest guy you'd ever want to meet,he was a very generous person,both as a friend and as an employer Just don't get in his way on the track!!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #129
Nvincent4708

Drives: 1
Quote:
I gotta ask..... Does it only turn left???

NASCAR =
The last thing I owned with a carburetor was a F#$%ING LAWNMOWER
How is this guy a gold level sponsor? can that be revoked? especially after the low comment about Jr's Dad.. I mean respect the deceased.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #130
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
WOW! You all have to relax a bit. The post was edited and as for the wall comment, it had nothing to do with "that day" or the man himself as a driver or a champion. It was simply a comment saying that if a Cup Car turned right it would hit a wall since the ovals are all left turns. It was never meant to refer to that night. However after reading it that way, It has been removed to show the respect the man deserves. The HANS comment was just a joke considering it has been YEARS and again, not meant to offend.

As for MY personal view on NASCAR and the simplicity of the cars and the "sport" in general, that has since been removed as well. Some things are better left unsaid. again, my apologies to the offended.
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #131
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
You can dislike what ever you want but to make the references you made about Dale.....damage already done.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #132
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Quote:
WOW! You all have to relax a bit. The post was edited and as for the wall comment, it had nothing to do with "that day" or the man himself as a driver or a champion. It was simply a comment saying that if a Cup Car turned right it would hit a wall since the ovals are all left turns. It was never meant to refer to that night. However after reading it that way, It has been removed to show the respect the man deserves. The HANS comment was just a joke considering it has been YEARS and again, not meant to offend.

As for MY personal view on NASCAR and the simplicity of the cars and the "sport" in general, that has since been removed as well. Some things are better left unsaid. again, my apologies to the offended.

I like NASCAR ok, I wouldn't say I am a diehard fan. . I do watch it enough to know what a ****ing moron you are. HANS device wasn't meant to offend?

Bullshit
Old 05-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #133
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
OH & I'd be more impressed with something Jr. was involved with BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Yeah he's done enough to warrant a car to be made in honor of him.I don't think so

I didn't say car in honor of Jr., I said something he was involved with, If Jr. was involved with a car dedicated to his father's great heritage and name I'd be much more impressed. Get it?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #134
ScoobyDoo

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
now I know thew Camaro crowd isn't always the youngest so I'm of people won't get it, but man a ton of you guys are just haters
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #135
racerx333
NAPA GENERAL

Drives: 2010 2ssrs ry ls3 02 ss slp
not fan either
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Sorry, but what a waste of time, money and resources.

RMCR CUSTOM HOTROD 684RWHP!
racerx333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #136
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985airborne View Post
Badass! I want the hood!!!
The hood is from SLP so go and get it================>>>