Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #1106
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
[QUOTE=TURBOJ;3307892]Can anyone recommend or have experience with any of the shops below?

CITY FENDER & BODY 859 QUEEN ST HONOLULU HI
OKAS AUTO BODY 94-173 LEOKANE ST WAIPAHU HI

City Fender helped me get out contractor's overspray on my 1990 Celica back in 91 when almost new. Not paint and bodywork, but owner was very cool and helpful with overspray removal.

Oka's repaired my rear bumper when I got rear-ended. Did a good job. Paint is good, but my car is black and car was only 6 months old

My Toy Tacoma just got hit after lunch today. Merc C55 AMG at a dead stop in traffic, pulled out suddenly and hit my front right bumper. Right on Ward Ave in front of the Merc dealer. Merc employees witnessed since they were in the car behind the Merc. Cursed since I ragged on the Vette driver...
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #1107
808Camaro

Drives: 1969 SS Coupe 2011 2SS Convertible
Hey Craig/Taz...Howzit it going!!

Have you guys seen this post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147214

I'e been watchign hoping they get enough guys to sign up (50). This Colorshift 2.0 looks cool I am thinking of doing my Halos and fogs. If we can get enough guys we can do it at my house if we need a garage...and oven (since I don't bake much )

Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
How many did we have the last time we put together a list earlier this year?

With more camaros on the streets, we might have a few more interested. I think the toughest part is finding a place for them to work from. I live in a condo so dont have a garage for them to do an install. Hopefully can make it happen sometime this year.

Dang, I slept too late and too sore to go to the Pearl City Car Show today. Did anyone go? I havent gone to that one yet.

Taz
808Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #1108
Hawaii_Subs

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Send a message via MSN to Hawaii_Subs
Colorshift 2.0... Niiiiiiice

So, it's been a while since I posted, between busy work and just being more active outside and all. A few things to throw out there so anyone interested can take into consideration.

I offered up a place to stay for AAC if they wanted to come out. That is still an option, as I've been lazy and haven't gotten any roommates yet. So if anyone talks to them (I can, but I haven't been very active on the car side lately) you can mention that or whatever. PM me if you are uncomfortable volunteering and I'll give you the permission one on one.

I don't have a garage to work from, but I do have 3 bedrooms open, full bathroom, large living room, kitchen, etc... so if they needed a place to crash, eat, sleep, wash, and do laundry, I have it covered. My only request is that in trade I'd like a great deal on halo's (free is considered a great deal!! lol)

Anyway, that's some of what I have to say. Those of you still on the forums, have a great week!

James
Hawaii_Subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #1109
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Camaro View Post
Hey Craig/Taz...Howzit it going!!

Have you guys seen this post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147214

I'e been watchign hoping they get enough guys to sign up (50). This Colorshift 2.0 looks cool I am thinking of doing my Halos and fogs. If we can get enough guys we can do it at my house if we need a garage...and oven (since I don't bake much )

Dean
I just subsribed to the thread and sent them a post hoping they will come out. Sounds like we have the place to do the install as well as a place for them to stay. Its a matter of getting 10 installs and I am thinking we proably already have 10.

TAZ
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #1110
TURBOJ

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 1998 Z28
Z Madness in the first pic

http://speedhawaii.com/2011/06/bleizn-fx-car-show/
TURBOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #1111
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
wow those are some nice cars. is that a twin turbo z06?!
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #1112
trixienurse

Drives: 2010 cyber grey metallic 2LT RS
Enjoying my vacay on Maui! Any idea where I can get a hawiian Camaro tshirt

trixienurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #1113
trixienurse

Mahalo I emailed them!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #1114
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOJ View Post
Nice!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #1115
808Camaro

Drives: 1969 SS Coupe 2011 2SS Convertible
Hey what the #%@^ where is my car...I was parked on the right

Hey Craig...I'll probably bite on that ACC group buy and do the install myself. If it works out I can help you and Taz...if you guys want to do it after.

Quote:
Nice!
808Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:46 AM   #1116
Buckyboy808

Drives: Orange 2011 Convertible Camaro
Hey guys i got my camaro about a month ago just picked up my liecince plates today and Mike told me to jump on here amd say what is up and also somthing about getting info for getting color matched halos for peoples camaros!!?
Buckyboy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:00 AM   #1117
trixienurse

Check out my pics I have pink halo's and fogs, LED afterburn tailights and side markers, multi color grill illumination and footwell lighting! AAC is the way to go

Old 06-11-2011, 03:31 AM   #1118
taz
Taz

Humm, maybe we can convince one of the guys who has done some installs (but not with acc) fly out here and make some money by doing ours, maybe even with acc approval. If he would do installs for a place to stay and a garage to do them in for free and just charge for installation for everyone else. Just a thought.

Also, did we find out the name of the place that showed up as a acc rep on Oahu? I'd call them, but not sure the name of the company.

I havent checked, but I think the car show this saturday is at Mililani Town Center.

Taz
Old 06-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #1119
taz
Taz

Quote:
Humm, maybe we can convince one of the guys who has done some installs (but not with acc) fly out here and make some money by doing ours, maybe even with acc approval. If he would do installs for a place to stay and a garage to do them in for free and just charge for installation for everyone else. Just a thought.

Also, did we find out the name of the place that showed up as a acc rep on Oahu? I'd call them, but not sure the name of the company.

I havent checked, but I think the car show this saturday is at Mililani Town Center.

Taz
Wow, my grammar is bad today. Think best for me to go to bed.

Taz
Old 06-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #1120
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Drives: 2011 2SS
I live out in Kaneohe, will be back on island in a couple days.

I currently have AAC lights sitting in trunk of my car, and like you, I don't think I'll be able to install them myself. If you do find somebody on Oahu that can install them, will you please PM the info to me. My buddy was going to do it for me, but he said it's a bit more complex then he initially anticipated.
Solo Performance High Flow Cats
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
AAC Dual Color Halos, Halo Foglights (awaiting install)
tterb0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #1121
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Hey TurboJ, don't know if it's too late, but when my car got keyed ($3500 worth of damage, argh) I used RPMS, they are very friendly and did really good work. When they were done, there wasn't a single hint that the car had been keyed and repainted. I don't know how their bodywork is, but a lot of different people in Kaneohe and Kailua referred me to them... They are good people.
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts
Old 06-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #1122
tterb0331
Chuck Thunder

Yup, it was keyed down the entire length of the car on both sides, and the 2 year safety sticker was scratched off as well.

I won't be able to make it tonight, I'm currently out of the country, been deployed since November. I'll be back in a couple of days though, so you should see my car moving around plenty. I do plan on going to the car shows when I am around though.

First thing I need to do though is take my car to the dealership, mine is one of those that has the a/c problem... My luck.
Flowmaster AT Catbacks
QTP Electric Cutouts