Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
Redwolf20
 
Redwolf20's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lemoore, CA
Posts: 364
GT500 MSRP is actually $55,699 and the 2SS is $46,540 - $9,100 difference not $2659. The MSRP on the 2009 GT500 is adjusted to sell it and make room for the 2010 GT500 which will be 10-20k more than the Camaro. Especially considering the difference in price for the 2009 GT500 over a 2010 Camaro.
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #16
Ject
aka Patrick
 
Ject's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Derby Kansas
Posts: 3,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf20 View Post
GT500 MSRP is actually $55,699 and the 2SS is $46,540 - $9,100 difference not $2659. The MSRP on the 2009 GT500 is adjusted to sell it and make room for the 2010 GT500 which will be 10-20k more than the Camaro. Especially considering the difference in price for the 2009 GT500 over a 2010 Camaro.
__________________
Current Modifications: Your average Bolt-ons & Suspension Upgrades
GForce Engineering: 9" Rear End, Strange Pro Iron Case w/Moser Nodular 3.70:1 Detroit locker, 3.5" Solid Drive Shaft
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #17
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf20 View Post
GT500 MSRP is actually $55,699 and the 2SS is $46,540 - $9,100 difference not $2659. The MSRP on the 2009 GT500 is adjusted to sell it and make room for the 2010 GT500 which will be 10-20k more than the Camaro. Especially considering the difference in price for the 2009 GT500 over a 2010 Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Did you not look at the pictures!! MSRP for the GT500 after delivery allowance is $49,199. You boys been drinkin' or what??
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,222
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
Did you not look at the pictures!! MSRP for the GT500 after delivery allowance is $49,199. You boys been drinkin' or what??
No base MSRP is $54,299 + $100 AC tax + $1300 destination. Delivery allowance (Ford trying to get them off lots) is $6500. MSRP less delivery is $49,199. I got all that from the pictures you posted.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #19
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
Did you not look at the pictures!! MSRP for the GT500 after delivery allowance is $49,199. You boys been drinkin' or what??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
No, MSRP is $54,299. Delivery allowance (Ford trying to get them off lots) is $6500. MSRP less delivery is $49,199
I give up!!
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #20
Ject
aka Patrick
 
Ject's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Derby Kansas
Posts: 3,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Weird when I go and build a 2009 Shelby Mustang Coupe that is optioned out to equal what a Fully loaded 2SS would be.. I come out with like:
Total MSRP: $62,476
Delivery allowance: $6,500
MSRP less Delivery Allowance - $55,976

Canadian Currency that is.. staying CAN currency so no one gets confused since OP was in CAN currency.
__________________
Current Modifications: Your average Bolt-ons & Suspension Upgrades
GForce Engineering: 9" Rear End, Strange Pro Iron Case w/Moser Nodular 3.70:1 Detroit locker, 3.5" Solid Drive Shaft
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #21
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Weird when I go and build a 2009 Shelby Mustang Coupe that is optioned out to equal what a Fully loaded 2SS would be.. I come out with like:
Total MSRP: $62,476
Delivery allowance: $6,500
MSRP less Delivery Allowance - $55,976

Canadian Currency that is.. staying CAN currency so no one gets confused since OP was in CAN currency.
Use this link and see what happens,this is were I got the price from.
http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/cars/mustang.do
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #22
Ject
aka Patrick
 
Ject's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Derby Kansas
Posts: 3,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
Use this link and see what happens,this is were I got the price from.
http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/cars/mustang.do
Alright, cool here we go... this looks more accurate now.

Had to add in the door sill plates since 2SS has them, spoiler is a toss up? Cargo net comes with 2SS, and HID lights i added onto the Mustang since the RS package option selected on the 2SS above has that in it.



still not too bad of a price..
__________________
Current Modifications: Your average Bolt-ons & Suspension Upgrades
GForce Engineering: 9" Rear End, Strange Pro Iron Case w/Moser Nodular 3.70:1 Detroit locker, 3.5" Solid Drive Shaft
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #23
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned
 
Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Alright, cool here we go... this looks more accurate now.

Had to add in the door sill plates since 2SS has them, spoiler is a toss up? Cargo net comes with 2SS, and HID lights i added onto the Mustang since the RS package option selected on the 2SS above has that in it.



still not too bad of a price..
+1
especially considering the shelby is a superior vehicle.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #24
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!
 
FirstLSK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 811
So apples to apples it is roughly a 5K difference.

The Shelby is only superior in it's horsepower rating because they had to supercharge a Ford to hang with the N/A big dogs.

For about 5~6K, you can buy a procharger for the SS that will leave the Shelby smelling exhaust.

PLUS -- the Camaro is the hands down winner is looks.

I don't know why, but the mustang grill always reminds me of a poor animal who needs to be rescued or put out of it's misery.

FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #25
Isaacnc
SS Kid
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 47
Thank God I live in America.
__________________
Ordered Feb. 1st: 2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange Metallic
Isaacnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #26
Silver Streak

 
Silver Streak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Smyrna Bch. Florida
Posts: 1,449
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
So apples to apples it is roughly a 5K difference.

The Shelby is only superior in it's horsepower rating because they had to supercharge a Ford to hang with the N/A big dogs.

For about 5~6K, you can buy a procharger for the SS that will leave the Shelby smelling exhaust.

PLUS -- the Camaro is the hands down winner is looks.

I don't know why, but the mustang grill always reminds me of a poor animal who needs to be rescued or put out of it's misery.

Superior, don't know that I would have went there. I rather have a Camaro anyday. HP is about the only thing it has on the Camaro, and that can be easily fixed like you said. I prefer turbos, but the GT500 will certainly have its work cut out for it after the Camaro is FI, and what happens when you come up on that corner with that GT500. Ruh Roh!

Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #27
GatorBlue371

 
GatorBlue371's Avatar
 
Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,375
You took a base GT500, with thousands in FordCantSellCars Incentives, and compared it to an optioned out Camaro?


Are you serious?


I understand you want to make them as even as possible... but you charged up extra $$ on a special paint job (which you cant even get with the GT500), a sunroof ??, and shiny wheels... None of which you would be getting on THAT GT500. You want to make a fair comparison, build the SAME car on both sites, and wait until GM releases the car so that you can factor in THEIR incentives.



Holy Crapola.
__________________
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #28
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!
 
FirstLSK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Superior, don't know that I would have went there. I rather have a Camaro anyday. HP is about the only thing it has on the Camaro, and that can be easily fixed like you said. I prefer turbos, but the GT500 will certainly have its work cut out for it after the Camaro is FI, and what happens when you come up on that corner with that GT500. Ruh Roh!

My apologies. Putting Ford and superior in the same sentence is and oxymoron isn’t it? LOL
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 11:33 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Camaro SS vs GT500 not KR chewy4ce 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 99 01-29-2009 10:30 PM
Just got back from ordering. . . franknbeans Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 29 10-17-2008 11:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.