Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #2501
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alab32 View Post
Well, they scratched the crap out of my BRAND NEW Camaro and now they are trying to say it is "inconsistent with wash damage." HORSE CRAP!!! IT'S BRAND NEW!!!! No I have to wait for a district manager to contact me since I am OBVIOUSLY not happy with this whole situation. I told me wife I NEVER want to get it washed anywhere but our driveway for this reason... then, I am in a time pinch and get it washed there and look what happens. GRRRRRRRR!!! Anyone ever had an issue like this with a car wash company? Anything help to fight this? I am LIVID right now.... Oh man...

Major Bummer!

I gave up on those automatic washes years ago. Between the dirty brushes, dirty rags, and wheels that ride over your car, forget it, there's no way they won't damage your finish. And, you should be concerned about the soap they're using and the dirty, gritty rags the under-paid kid is using to wipe down your car afterwards. I won't even take my work-owned truck to the car wash. And work pays for the washes. Truth is, they really don't even get the car clean.

Hope you can resolve something with the owners. Remember, they probably deal with lots of complaints each week, so stay on them. Their plan is to get you to go away. Don't go away. Go get a written quote to correct it, and become they're worst nightmare. In the end, it's just money to them.

There are products that polish surface scratches, but it's tough to get perfect by hand. You either need orbital polishers or get a professional to do it.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #2502
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Major Bummer!

I gave up on those automatic washes years ago. Between the dirty brushes, dirty rags, and wheels that ride over your car, forget it, there's no way they won't damage your finish. And, you should be concerned about the soap they're using and the dirty, gritty rags the under-paid kid is using to wipe down your car afterwards. I won't even take my work-owned truck to the car wash. And work pays for the washes. Truth is, they really don't even get the car clean.

Hope you can resolve something with the owners. Remember, they probably deal with lots of complaints each week, so stay on them. Their plan is to get you to go away. Don't go away. Go get a written quote to correct it, and become they're worst nightmare. In the end, it's just money to them.

There are products that polish surface scratches, but it's tough to get perfect by hand. You either need orbital polishers or get a professional to do it.
My plan is to stay on them as much as possible. The owner called me and wants to sit down and do lunch and look at the car. I am NOT taking no for an answer on this. This car has not even been off the lot for a month yet... GRRRRRRRR!!! Well, I am trying to to be too mad until I find out what they are going to do. This is difficult to do however. I am meeting up with the owner next week and we will see what happens from there.

I never wanted to go in the first place but... oh well. Never again that is for sure! Thanks for the advice!
alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #2503
bartking
5 years old - still great

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Since some think this thead is too much , I have been busy...
it is too busy especially if you can't ever seem to make enough time to check it out every day.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #2504
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
it is too busy especially if you can't ever seem to make enough time to check it out every day.
I agree, its busy... you have to skim...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #2505
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

This has popped up:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69990

I am interested.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #2506
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

This came up:

Mid Ohio
Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #2507
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartking View Post
Wow, you aren't kidding, BartKing! I've been away for probably a week and missed a lot!

1_RD_JWL, your car looks great!

RS_Man, I still never notice you on Research Blvd. I am usually too busy trying to get away from slow-pokey people. Honest, not being rude!

alab32, welcome! Hopefully we'll see you at a get-together soon. Bummer about the car wash! My husband managed Imperial300 on Wilmington many years ago, and SilverIceMan is right - they get tons of complaints, and 90% of them are - jack*sses trying to get their wash for free. Hope they'll at least spring for a buff out and detail for your trouble! I've been driving my Camaro all winter, and as cold as it was, it stayed dirty a lot more than I'd have liked. But better that than an automatic car wash, and the DIY ones where I go don't work too well when it's below freezing.

LadyInBlue, I hope you've gotten Merlin out a little these past few nice days!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon ~ off to check out the new sticky I just noticed.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #2508
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Hi EM. I reminded Bartking of this, but it would apply for you too.

Before you swap your winter wheels back out, it is a good time to wash & wax the INSIDES of your regular wheels.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #2509
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
RS_Man, I still never notice you on Research Blvd. I am usually too busy trying to get away from slow-pokey people. Honest, not being rude!

LadyInBlue, I hope you've gotten Merlin out a little these past few nice days!
Hey thats no problem, I swear I've seen you a good half a dozen times or more lol. Believe me I know how people drive out there so I dont blame ya for paying more attention to them than some crazy kid in a truck honking & flashing his headlights at ya lol. Are you going to be coming out on the 28th with everyone to work on their cars? I'm pretty sure my mom is bringing Merlin out there, I'm bringing my truck as we are gonna try and do some work on it out there as well. She's had him out i think twice since the weather has warmed up, no issues starting or everything and he had not moved in months. Great to see u back & posting again...something has come over me and i cant stay off of camaro5 now :-P Cant wait till the 28th!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #2510
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
Hi EM. I reminded Bartking of this, but it would apply for you too.

Before you swap your winter wheels back out, it is a good time to wash & wax the INSIDES of your regular wheels.
Yep, I saw that... thanks! I wouldn't have thought of that. I need to get a new back tire for the summers, since I ran over a glass chip right before I put the winters on. Tried getting it patched, but it didn't hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Man View Post
Are you going to be coming out on the 28th with everyone to work on their cars? :-P Cant wait till the 28th!!!!!!
I posted on the other thread - sounds good, I'll be there! I don't have any mods to do, but I will be happy to show off the new first-gen-style stripes I'm getting done next week! I hope your mom is able to make it. I'm curious to see/hear how Merlin does with the CAI.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #2511
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I've posted more picture in my car journal, but I'll put a few picutres here. I just detailed my car yesterday.
Looking good!

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #2512
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Hey all...

Finishing up here in Warner Robins Georgia. Wish I was home and will be tomorrow.

Can't wait fo rthe Camaro5 Fest in Valdosta, the mod day at Heinz, our cruise-ins and Jrhaus meets. Boy I miss the get togethers and camaraderie.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #2513
GC-Camaro

Quote:
I found a shop in Columbus called Automotive Appearance Pros that does tinting and clear bra installation:
http://www.aapcolumbus.com/automotive.html

Any of you guys heard of them before or taken a car there? I may ask them for a quote on tinting and a clear bra for my car.
I haven't heard of them, but I would like to know how much it would cost.

Did you get your windows tinted yet?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #2514
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
I've posted more picture in my car journal, but I'll put a few picutres here. I just detailed my car yesterday.
Interesting front license plate bracket, did you buy it or did it come like that from the dealer? I'd like to get a hold of one like that.

Last edited by nak3dsnake; 03-15-2010 at 01:35 PM.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #2515
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Darth-Emma: Keith Handorf of ClearBraOhio did a great job on my ride. You can check out his site at www.clearbraohio.com; he does work anywhere between Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus.

To contact him directly you can reach him at khandorf@yahoo.com. Let him know that you got his contact info from me

I'm planning on being at Heinz' house on the 28th if you'd like to see how it looks on Merlin.
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #2516
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Darth-Emma: Keith Handorf of ClearBraOhio did a great job on my ride. You can check out his site at www.clearbraohio.com; he does work anywhere between Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus.

To contact him directly you can reach him at khandorf@yahoo.com. Let him know that you got his contact info from me

I'm planning on being at Heinz' house on the 28th if you'd like to see how it looks on Merlin.
Maybe I could invite Keith to our 3/28 get together and he could apply the film to various people's cars. I might be interested in this.

UPDATE - I sent Keith an email seeing if he would come to Jamestown 3/28 to install the clear bra for various owners.

UPDATE2 - I talked with Keith. He seems more than happy to come to our 3/28 get together and give us information and pricing but would NOT likely do much installation on 3/28. He prefers to do installs in a clean, temperature/humidity controlled environment. Also, he can only do about two cars a day. He did mention he would give us a discount if a number of people were interested in doing this around the same time. (I'm interested)

Should we invite Keith 3/28 to get the details?

Last edited by heinzd01; 03-15-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #2517
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
I got it on ebay. No drilling! It uses existing bolts under the facia. Very easy to put on. The guy sells the for all models of Camaro (with and without GFX too).

This is the one I have. It's for the SS without GFX. You can search his store (fdsell is the vendor) if you need one for a different model with GFX).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...Q5fAccessories
I should check eBay more often for stuff like this. Thanks.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #2518
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
I am interested but only want certain areas on the front of the vehicle along existing lines and the mirrors.

Quote:
Maybe I could invite Keith to our 3/28 get together and he could apply the film to various people's cars. I might be interested in this.

UPDATE - I sent Keith an email seeing if he would come to Jamestown 3/28 to install the clear bra for various owners.

UPDATE2 - I talked with Keith. He seems more than happy to come to our 3/28 get together and give us information and pricing but would NOT likely do much installation on 3/28. He prefers to do installs in a clean, temperature/humidity controlled environment. Also, he can only do about two cars a day. He did mention he would give us a discount if a number of people were interested in doing this around the same time. (I'm interested)

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #2519
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Why not, if people are interested in his work...
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #2520
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Would my dealer do it?
overcharge you and void your warranty on certian items, maybe drivetrain... maybe.

Let us see how hrpiii's goes the 28th... maybe we can do it.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #2521
GC-Camaro

Quote:
When I get some information, I'll let you know. I'm going to try to find time to get my windows tinted next week (Spring break week). I think I'm going to have "Mr. Tint" in Columbus do it.
"Mr. Tint" is only 5 minutes from my house. I'm taking next week off, so if you let me know when you are there, I might stop bye.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #2522
GC-Camaro

Quote:

Sure, I have been thinking about it.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #2523
GC-Camaro

Quote:
I found a place in Marion, OH that does both tinting and 3M clear bra installations. He will do the tinting on the side and rear windows for $120 (same tint film LLUMAR as the guy who wanted $229 in Columbus). The place is called Buckeye Sun Control and it's on Main St. in Marion. He's been doing tinting for 26 years.

He said he has been doing 3M clear bra installations for about 4 years as well. He has not done a 2010 Camaro yet, so he said he'd get the price for the "Camaro Kit" of the 3M material and he'll call me with a price tomorrow. I'll let you know what he says.
Thanks for the info!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #2524
GC-Camaro

Quote:
Can you tell it's spring and all of our camaros are coming out to play...

I am considering dropping my Camaro. I have no idea what it takes other than I need to get some parts and have someone install them. Advice is welcome! Would my dealer do it?
Have you thought about an air ride suspension?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #2525
heinzd01

Quote:
Is there a downside to lowering the car?
Costs money for the parts, service to install and alignment.

Less clearance when going through those dips into parking lots & driveways or driving onto service ramps.

Possible lost warranty if any problems arise related to the lowering.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?