Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #6325
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblebeeAmigo View Post
aww shnappsss... I just boughted a new car.

I don't know who I can hang out with... its a GM... Pontiac... FIERO. can I still hang out with the camaro guys with my fiero??? Please don't make me hang out with those miatas... isnt the GM bloodline stronger than the body-class one?

For those of you who may not know, I have long been searching for my semi-dream car. Not a real dream car, but that "dream car you can afford" type of thing. I finally found a crisp, 5 spd V6 1988 fiero GT. (for those who don't know, the 1988 fieros are the only year that don't suck- they have the lotus suspension design and can handle ungodly well. There were only 6000 made, the majority actually in automatic, and there was one in Hamilton, stock, for almost $20 grand in mint shape. I found one on ebay and recently won it.

Fret not, I'm still driving the camaro, and I'm still planning on trading it in on the ZL1, but unfortunately the fiero will probably be replacing the camaro at the SCCA race events. When I got back from cincy speed and realized it was going to cost me almost 15 grand to compete in autocross, and that I can do every modification ever invented for the fiero for about 5 grand (and have a faster autoX car when its done), I realized I'm too poor to race the camaro!!! maybe in a few years when I have some money I can actually compete with the ZL1.

Just wanted to share!
Did you get the Fiero at a fire sale?

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #6326
wwddnnone
Ur G'nna feel a pinch

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
OK, the next event will be cleaning out my garage, and when that is finished, we will be restoring my '79 Trans Am to show quality.

We can get started right away.

Who's in?
Ha! I've been working on mine for the last 3 weeks. Just got the last of it put away yesterday.

Oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
All in favor, say "aye."
Aye.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #6327
masterwinning

Drives: 2013 Volt
Aye, just remember because you are in charge doesn't mean you have to do all the work. Delegation is the key word here.
masterwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #6328
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
"aye"

Damn you Brooks... I LOVE FIEROS!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #6329
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
Greetings friends!! Im back in Ohio!! would love to hang out sometime if anyoen has hangout spots and such.. =] jus tryin to make the most of my vacation before i am shipped to korea
Old 07-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #6330
masterwinning

Jason that doesn't mean you are off the hock yet, you must still be our leader.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #6331
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

So I think we should bring out the old stuff for the Ohio River Run. Heinz can bring his 76, I'll bring the 89, Lisa/Zack can bring the Corvette and Brooks can bring the Fiero... That would be cool!

We really need to get busy on Gordy's garage so we can get the Firebird running!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #6332
masterwinning

So you are wanting me to bring the truck?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #6333
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Sweet! I would love to have an 88 Fiero Formula with the 5 speed. I looked at quite a few many years ago when I was single. Still occasionally do some window shopping. So I'll bring a rag to clean up the drool when I get to see yours.
haha... as long as its before the paint job, don't worry about the rag ... I have been looking for fieros for about a year, so I have a steady plan already. I'm repainting it '88 yellow (its silver now) with the 355 front bumper and the side scoops. don't worry, I'm not going to butcher it and turn it into a kit car or something rediculous like that!

Those formulas are ideal performance wise, but I like the GT styling SO much more I decided the trade off was worth it! I'll let you drive mine around a bit and get it out of your system (or remind you why you should still want one). We could start the Camaro + Fiero club... haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
So I think we should bring out the old stuff for the Ohio River Run. Heinz can bring his 76, I'll bring the 89, Lisa/Zack can bring the Corvette and Brooks can bring the Fiero... That would be cool!

We really need to get busy on Gordy's garage so we can get the Firebird running!
That would be pretty cool! haha... as long as my fiero doesnt catch fire I guess, right???

it'll be fun though!

Quote:
All in favor, say "aye."
Aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
Did you get the Fiero at a fire sale?
I think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwinning View Post
Aye, just remember because you are in charge doesn't mean you have to do all the work. Delegation is the key word here.
awww... you sure????

j/p, you can always delegate to me. I only travel most weekends during summer, starting mid august im around most always!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #6334
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I think they fixed the fire issue. Its an easy fix. Apparently the fuel line runs too close to the exhaust. Your fire risk is when you shut the car off. The fuel stops moving and sits by the hot exhaust and you come back to a cinder. Just check the location if the fuel line. If it's away from the exhaust... You should be golden. Like I said, you have a later model so you should be fine.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #6335
BVaughan77
American Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
How's that car running since you got it back from IPS?
The Maro is running like a champ. It's fast and it sounds so mean now. I just got finished breaking in the new differential and I dropped it off at IPS to get the diff fluid changed and I am picking her up later today and I will be able to drive it hard. I can't wait.

Mods: Cold Air Inductions, MTI, Kooks, Borla, Ported and polished TB, Custom Dyno Tune, NGK, Hypertech, PFADT, BMR, DSS, JRE, Hurst, SLP, black out bowties.

GM sure did their homework on the new camaro! I just wish it had better visibility...

"HP sells cars, Torque wins races." -Shelby

"There is no replacement for displacement."
BVaughan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #6336
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I think they fixed the fire issue. Its an easy fix. Apparently the fuel line runs too close to the exhaust. Your fire risk is when you shut the car off. The fuel stops moving and sits by the hot exhaust and you come back to a cinder. Just check the location if the fuel line. If it's away from the exhaust... You should be golden. Like I said, you have a later model so you should be fine.

And I think the fire issue was only with the early 4 cylinders wasn't it? I don't recall hearing any issues with the V6. Of course I am getting old and the memory is going, going, going, gone.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #6337
gahammerle

Scroungers said any car lover is welcome. Here are the details from their site:

Quote:
I made my way over there tonight to find a meeting spot for people coming from the north.
This is our route: Ky guys and anyone that is coming from south of the Ohio River will meet at UDF next to I-275

Cars should be gassed up and ready to leave at 3:00 from this UDF
Address: UDF #160
1135 Steffen Lane
Wilder, Kentucky 41076
859-441-5040

We will leave UDF at 3:00 and head east on I-275 and across the Ohio River. We will be taking the first Ohio exit. Kellogg Ave, Exit 72. We will go east(RIGHT) off the exit. We will pass Coney Island and River Bend before stopping to pick up the Ohio guys. The Ohio guys meeting spot is AJ's Road House. It's on the right. If you pass a Marathon Gas Station you went too far.

We should be pulling in around 3:30 at this address. Please be gassed up and ready to roll before we get there. There is a gas station across and up the street a few 100 feet.
Address: AJ'S Roadhouse
6735 Kellogg Road
Cincinnati, OH 45230

Ky guys will roll into the parking lot and this will be our first stop. We will meet up and say hello to whoever shows up before heading on down the river. The next stop will be played buy ear. If we see something cool we will stop. If we don't we will go on towards Higginsport to the ferry to Augusta, Ky. Don't eat before the trip or while you are waiting for everyone. We will stop in Augusta for some pizza.

Map Quest the address or put them in your GPS. We have had trouble before trying to get everyone on the same page. Fact is with the amount of cars that go on these runs we can't keep track of everyone. If you get a red light or if someone stops for a rest room break the cars to the front will not see you. When you turn off the cars behind you will follow you. Do your best to catch back up when you are done. We will not be breaking any speed records. If you get left behind we will not be hard to catch up to. We are not taking any side roads. Follow the river and you will see us. Cross the Ferry into Augusta and we will be there before heading back down the Ky side of the river on Rt 8. End of the cruise is in Silver Grove, Ky at the Dari Bar. You can't miss it.
Gonna start a separate thread and link it here.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
Old 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #6338
gahammerle

Link to Ohio River Run thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...11#post3489911

Please post in that thread if you plan on attending so we know to wait for everyone who wants to attend.

Find me on Facebook:
Old 07-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #6339
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
So how many folks from the BBOMG trip got a bill from the Canadian ETR-407 tollroad authority? Looks like they want paid in Canadian dollars.

I mistakenly brought home $10 in canadian bills, maybe I'll just send them that.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #6340
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I paid with my credit card. I'm sure they will figure it out. I did pay $33 for the $30.90 bill.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #6341
2L82RUN

Drives: ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
So how many folks from the BBOMG trip got a bill from the Canadian ETR-407 tollroad authority? Looks like they want paid in Canadian dollars.

I mistakenly brought home $10 in canadian bills, maybe I'll just send them that.
I still haven't gotten a bill!! I forgot about it....maybe I went through too fast!! LOL

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?