Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #1251
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Well blah. Looks like I won't be able to go tomorrow, I still need to get some stuff together for college.
Up to 41 Songs now

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #1252
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Post Will Swing by KMart

I will swing by KMart after the Mall this Eve. Have to clean the car up tomorrow anyway for the Big Suprise.

Please save mea spot. I won't be able to stay too long, finishing cleaning the house, but will be by so you all can see the Gills. I will post pics tomorrow. Plan to take a few updated pictures after I get her ready.

I will also bring some Camaro5 cards to hand out with our forum on the back.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro5_card.pdf (456.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf Camaro5card_Avery-1.pdf (1.21 MB, 42 views)

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3

Last edited by 1 RD JEWL; 09-18-2009 at 12:20 PM.
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #1253
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Sigh. We will NOT be at KMart tonight and will probably will not go to Max and Erma's tomorrow. Our car is stuck in 2nd gear and needs a new transmission module doohinky which Langs has ordered for us.:(

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #1254
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
We should all bring our "other" FBodys this weekend. We are bringing the '89, heinz can bring the '76, EM can bring her '99 Firebird... anyone else have any other FBodys?
Weeeellll, it looks like that's exactly what I'll be doing, although not by choice - the body shop just informed me that the Victory Red paint they ordered does not match! They weren't able to tell until they drove the car outside. So it looks like I'll be cruisin' in the Firebird at least through Mond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Anybody going to K-Mart tomorrow?
Not sure - if I do, it'll be just me. The Firebird looks nice thanks to Zaino, but it's not show-worthy. Also I still need to hem my daughter's homecoming dress, but I might come out for awhile to gab, since I'll have to cut short my time at M&E tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I'm thinking I will unless my dad wants to take me out for b-day dinner. I might see if he'll bring a pizza to the cruise instead that we can all snack on.
Hmmm, no Happy Birthday on the forum home page? Or is it tomorrow?

Quote:
Glad you restored your car to stock - it looks great now compared to way back when with that clunky hood etc.

And you look fine now - the kid in the picture is way too skinny :-)
- on both counts!

Quote:
well my car is done getting the front bumper fixed and they say you can't even tell anything was fix... I guess we will see tomorrow... I really miss it. Unfortunatly i just have to take it and drop it off at the dealer for the second repair. :(
I miss mine, too. :( The Firebird feels downright sluggish after driving the Camaro for three months. Hopefully my dealership will get the right paint color so I can say the same! So you'll be driving your 3rd gen tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
If you guys have any additions or suggestions on the order of the playlist, I am all ears. I have 31 songs so far.
And you left off a former NASCAR theme song??? A list of driving songs is incomplete without Metallica's "Fuel." Also needs some KMFDM - "Son of a Gun" from their XTort CD should be the 5th gen Camaro's theme song! Hopefully she'll rest up so we can meet her tomorrow, if not tonight.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #1255
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Well blah. Looks like I won't be able to go tomorrow, I still need to get some stuff together for college.
You'd better show for the Hocking Hills drive or else you might get kidnapped and thrown in someone's trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Sigh. We will NOT be at KMart tonight and will probably will not go to Max and Erma's tomorrow. Our car is stuck in 2nd gear and needs a new transmission module doohinky which Langs has ordered for us.:(
Sorry to hear this. You don't have to have a Camaro to come to Max & Erma's tomorrow evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
I loaded the following playlist of songs that are either specifically about driving or Driving/Racing inspired.

If you guys have any additions or suggestions on the order of the playlist, I am all ears. I have 31 songs so far.
Not all necessarily driving inspired, but I'm partial to Great White:
- Great White - Lady Red Light
- Great White - Rock Me
- Great White - Fast Road
- Great White - Hiway Nights
- Great White - Sail Away
- Great White - Miles Away

Ballads
- Great White - Save Your Love
- Great White - Afterglow
- Great White - If I Ever Saw a Good Thing
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #1256
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
tonight

Bummer, sounds like way too many camaros are at the dealers getting fixed. Now I'm scared to take mine out of the garage.

I'm planning on swinging by Kmart sometime tonight.

Themed Songs:

Highway Star by Deep Purple

Runnin’ Down a Dream by Tom Petty

any song by the Cars
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #1257
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
You'd better show for the Hocking Hills drive or else you might get kidnapped and thrown in someone's trunk.
I will cry if I can't go to that. It'll all depend on how sympathetic my professors are around that time.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #1258
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
songs

Note the thread listed about Camaro songs:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13101
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #1259
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Oh, man, that sux! But don't let it keep you from getting out tomorrow!

Quote:
Not all necessarily driving inspired, but I'm partial to Great White
YES! That was some of my favorite cruising music when I was in college!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Bummer, sounds like way too many camaros are at the dealers getting fixed. Now I'm scared to take mine out of the garage.
Just make sure your garage isn't really a Decepticon like mine was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Themed Songs:

Highway Star by Deep Purple
Another "how could we miss this one?"
Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #1260
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Sorry I didn't make it out to K Mart, guys. Bunch of family stuff came up so Merlin is still resting safely in the garage.

From the sounds of all the casualties around here lately, unfortunately maybe that's a good thing...
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #1261
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
I miss mine, too. :( The Firebird feels downright sluggish after driving the Camaro for three months. Hopefully my dealership will get the right paint color so I can say the same! So you'll be driving your 3rd gen tomorrow?
Yep, already planning on washing it up in the morning.

Well I picked up Rene` from repair part 1. WOW It looks PERFECT! and the stripes look better now. There was a small flaw originally and that is now gone! Also, the HUGE stone chip by the mail slot is also gone! Hopefully the dealer can take care of part two quickly. I dropped it off today and they said they would start on it Monday. Heres to waiting again

I have decided this car is all about waiting!

-waiting for allocation
-waiting for it to get built
-waiting for it to arrive from MI
-waiting for the stripe lady to get off vacation
-waiting for the stripes to get installed
-waiting for the zaino to arrive
-waiting for the tint to get installed
-waiting for the insurance check
-waiting for the new tire
-waiting for tire discounters to put the tire on the wheel
-waiting for the first repair
-waiting for the second repair

I just want to drive the darn thing.

Hey Fen... Hows the job look? We are about done. The "Liberty Way" Interchange that is. I ran the project that built the ramps, not the part west of the bridge, just the ramps and the bridge widening.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #1262
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
So Fen - you all psyched up for school and ready to go study hard and make us all proud?! And when are you leaving to head to Columbus?
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #1263
FenwickHockey65

Quote:

Hey Fen... Hows the job look? We are about done. The "Liberty Way" Interchange that is. I ran the project that built the ramps, not the part west of the bridge, just the ramps and the bridge widening.
Hamilton-Mason FTW.

Ramps are looking good. Glad to see it's almost done.

Quote:
So Fen - you all psyched up for school and ready to go study hard and make us all proud?! And when are you leaving to head to Columbus?
I head off this Sunday. Packed up and ready to go. Last day at work was Tuesday.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #1264
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Sorry I didn't make it out to K Mart, guys. Bunch of family stuff came up so Merlin is still resting safely in the garage.

From the sounds of all the casualties around here lately, unfortunately maybe that's a good thing...
It looks like someone was injured while leaving K-Mart around 8 ish. Lots of emergency vehicles and I saw someone on a gurney. I might have glimpsed a motorcycle laying on the ground but not sure.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #1265
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Quote:
Yep, already planning on washing it up in the morning.
Hmmmm, it occurred to me that as nice as it's supposed to be, it might just be Harley weather. Moltres (the Firebird) got to go to the cruise-in tonight and park beside new Camaros. My Harley has been very neglected this summer!

Quote:
I have decided this car is all about waiting!

-waiting for allocation
-waiting for it to get built
-waiting for it to arrive from MI
-waiting for the stripe lady to get off vacation
-waiting for the stripes to get installed
-waiting for the zaino to arrive
-waiting for the tint to get installed
-waiting for the insurance check
-waiting for the new tire
-waiting for tire discounters to put the tire on the wheel
-waiting for the first repair
-waiting for the second repair
LOL so true! Here's hoping I'll skip the "second repair" - however, I'm now on my second wait for the first, since the paint wasn't right!

Quote:
It looks like someone was injured while leaving K-Mart around 8 ish. Lots of emergency vehicles and I saw someone on a gurney. I might have glimpsed a motorcycle laying on the ground but not sure.
Yikes! I hope they're OK.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #1266
MPO 3SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Hey guys, Cincy area.. Northgate. waited patiencly for 11 weeks. Got mine at Joseph Chev.. but I have know Dave for decades. Got the 2SS/RS/LS3 Silver Ice...NO stripes.. Don't make it go faster. Just got rid of my 30 day plates. Sent it straight to Cincy Speed. They have my 1st dyno pulls posted on You Tube. They have the exhust done,shift kit complete. Cam and cold air also. Check you guys at some of the cruise in's.. Quaker Steak and Lube on Sundays.
Mike
MPO 3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #1267
MPO 3SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
With regard to the music.. I like, and refere to my 2SS, as "Bad Girlfriend" by Nickleback
MPO 3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #1268
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPO 3SS View Post
Hey guys, Cincy area.. Northgate. waited patiencly for 11 weeks. Got mine at Joseph Chev.. but I have know Dave for decades. Got the 2SS/RS/LS3 Silver Ice...NO stripes.. Don't make it go faster. Just got rid of my 30 day plates. Sent it straight to Cincy Speed. They have my 1st dyno pulls posted on You Tube. They have the exhust done,shift kit complete. Cam and cold air also. Check you guys at some of the cruise in's.. Quaker Steak and Lube on Sundays.
Mike
Come up to Max and Ermas tomorrow (saturday). 6:00 PM at I71 and US68. We are planning a Hocking Hills ride for 5th gens. Will your car be done by then?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #1269
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPO 3SS View Post
Hey guys, Cincy area.. Northgate. waited patiencly for 11 weeks. Got mine at Joseph Chev.. but I have know Dave for decades. Got the 2SS/RS/LS3 Silver Ice...NO stripes..
Welcome, Mike!
Old 09-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #1270
FenwickHockey65

Well "1 RD JEWL," your badges have been put to good use.

Woot.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #1271
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Last night at Max and Ermas went very well. Kristen and I got to meet a few more members who were very nice! The showing of cars was less than expected as few that were likely to come didn't end up showing. I brought my 89 IROC and heinz brought his 76 which is one fine looking 2nd gen!

As for the ride, I think we have figured out that we are going to meet at Circleville on October 17th. We discussed meeting at the Chevrolet dealer in town. Heinz and Mrs. Camaro_SS_HEMI (something like that? ) are going to make a few calls and make sure they are OK with us showing up. I feel like a good meeting time would be 9:00 am. Thoughts on that? too early, too late?

Once we all meet up, we talked about catching some breakfast then heading off to Rockbridge. Once in Rockbridge, we will follow the Hocking Hills scenic drive tour. (see attachments below). I left the meeting location blank on purpose as you can fill in the address once we get a for sure meeting point. I am just going to "push my blue button" and let the car guide me!

As we follow the drive, there will be places to stop if there is anything people want to see for sure. For example some good stopping places would be:

Rock House - not sure what this is?
Conkles Hollow - a few people were interested in some hiking here
Old Man's Cave - TONS of parking, gift shop, rest rooms, LUNCH WILL BE HERE.
Cedar Falls
Ash Cave

We need to determine ahead of time where we want to stop. As for lunch, pack it in, we are going to do a picnic lunch. There is the option of doing a pot luck but this may get tough. Maybe we should just do a pack your own lunch deal.

After the drive is complete, we can decide what to do from there. Go home or who ever wants can all go to dinner but there is nothing around so it would be on the way back to civilization.

With the attachments below, I ask that everyone please print out 2 copies. One for yourself and one for someone who does not print out a copy for themselves. Thank you, this saves me from printing a ton of copies.

Any ideas, questions, comments or thoughts... please post or PM.

One thing that was brought up was limiting the number of cars. If we get too many, we won't be able to stay together at all. Any ideas on a good number? 20? more/less? I am looking for suggestions. Lets get a number of people that are for sure wanting to go. That would be a good start. We don't want to leave out anyone who was interested from the beginning...

We are going, for sure!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Hocking Hills Road Tour[2].pdf (315.5 KB, 280 views)
File Type: pdf Hocking Hills Park map.pdf (136.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf Hocking Hills Road Tour meeting point[2].pdf (130.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 09-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #1272
FenwickHockey65

Glad to hear the meet yesterday was fun.

jrhaus, the Rock House at Hocking Hills is sorta like a tunnel in a big slab of rock or something like that. I've never personally been there, but I've read stuff about it.

Anyways, I'm all moved in at Ohio State.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #1273
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Last night at Max and Ermas went very well. Kristen and I got to meet a few more members who were very nice! The showing of cars was less than expected as few that were likely to come didn't end up showing. I brought my 89 IROC and heinz brought his 76 which is one fine looking 2nd gen!

As for the ride, I think we have figured out that we are going to meet at Circleville on October 17th. We discussed meeting at the Chevrolet dealer in town. Heinz and Mrs. Camaro_SS_HEMI (something like that? ) are going to make a few calls and make sure they are OK with us showing up. I feel like a good meeting time would be 9:00 am. Thoughts on that? too early, too late?

Once we all meet up, we talked about catching some breakfast then heading off to Rockbridge. Once in Rockbridge, we will follow the Hocking Hills scenic drive tour. (see attachments below). I left the meeting location blank on purpose as you can fill in the address once we get a for sure meeting point. I am just going to "push my blue button" and let the car guide me!

As we follow the drive, there will be places to stop if there is anything people want to see for sure. For example some good stopping places would be:

Rock House - not sure what this is?
Conkles Hollow - a few people were interested in some hiking here
Old Man's Cave - TONS of parking, gift shop, rest rooms, LUNCH WILL BE HERE.
Cedar Falls
Ash Cave

We need to determine ahead of time where we want to stop. As for lunch, pack it in, we are going to do a picnic lunch. There is the option of doing a pot luck but this may get tough. Maybe we should just do a pack your own lunch deal.

After the drive is complete, we can decide what to do from there. Go home or who ever wants can all go to dinner but there is nothing around so it would be on the way back to civilization.

With the attachments below, I ask that everyone please print out 2 copies. One for yourself and one for someone who does not print out a copy for themselves. Thank you, this saves me from printing a ton of copies.

Any ideas, questions, comments or thoughts... please post or PM.

One thing that was brought up was limiting the number of cars. If we get too many, we won't be able to stay together at all. Any ideas on a good number? 20? more/less? I am looking for suggestions. Lets get a number of people that are for sure wanting to go. That would be a good start. We don't want to leave out anyone who was interested from the beginning...

We are going, for sure!

We will be there too as long as it will be the 17th! I won't be able to go if it changes to the 24.

Thanks for looking up all this info!

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #1274
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
We will be there too as long as it will be the 17th! I won't be able to go if it changes to the 24.

Thanks for looking up all this info!
Well it looks like mother nature is going to dump a bunch of rain on us this week so that may help the folliage. Not enough rain and the leaves just brown. I think this should be a great year. It wasn't too hot or too dry. Things seemed to grow very well this year. I don't know about everyone else my grass grew like crazy!

The only slim chance I see in a change in date is if its a wash out. Unless it is like today (rain since about 8am) we will keep it the 17th. Sun or clouds.

Glad you could make it yesterday and looking forward to seeing you and your wife next month!

PS.. the IROC ran flawless all the way home. We even made a detour to downtown Cinci to the Oktober fest and all was perfect. She was actually running very good. I stretched her legs at 1:00 am on the brown county country roads. (FWIW, thats not that fast ) I was surprized at well she ran once you got her going, I guess she likes the cooler temps! I also think I have a bad cat. converter so its a little rough at idle but once you get the ir flowing it seems to do better. Or a little sweet talk goes a long way!

This morning I got her all cleaned up and put her under the cover!

Yes that is the 5th gen factory cover! Now I need another one! I am thinking of getting the red one too. I wish they weren't so darn expensive! I got this one thrown into the deal sort of. I was lucky enough to get my car for GMS so with the GMS price + ttl still being about $500 under MSRP I had them throw the cover into the deal. I just wanted my financed amount to be less than MSRP. I skated in $200 UNDER MSRP out the door!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #1275
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Glad to hear the meet yesterday was fun.

jrhaus, the Rock House at Hocking Hills is sorta like a tunnel in a big slab of rock or something like that. I've never personally been there, but I've read stuff about it.

Anyways, I'm all moved in at Ohio State.
Cool, thanks for the info. Hope you can make it to HH. Good luck with college. It really is a fun time in life. Kristen went away to school (Ohio State) so she got the "away" experience as to where I commuted (Youngstown State) and feel as I missed out on some things. Good Luck! Hope to see you soon!

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?