Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #1301
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
What's that thing called and can I look online for one?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Damn, Is that thing under pressure? and I'm worried about my cats scratching up the cloth cover.

How do you get the car inside of it?

http://www.carcapsule.com/

You drive the car onto the black base mat, put the clear cover over it, zip the clear cover to the black base and turn on the small fan. I've had this for six years and it keeps the car very clean and I can still admire it through the clear cover. The fan circulates air helping with humidity. It also keeps out bugs and other pests.

I've let stray cats in my garage during winter months. They have poked holes in the clear cover with their nails but it never got deflated and the car has never been damaged.

I had seen another company in the UK have a similar capsule yet with a frame to support the cover but I cannot find it anymore. A frame system would make getting the car in/out of the capsule easier/quicker.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #1302
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Thanks, Heinz! I'm too much of a gadget-aholic not to check this out!
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #1303
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post

I've let stray cats in my garage during winter months. They have poked holes in the clear cover with their nails but it never got deflated and the car has never been damaged.
Aww. That's nice of you.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #1304
heinzd01

Quote:
http://www.carcapsule.com/

You drive the car onto the black base mat, put the clear cover over it, zip the clear cover to the black base and turn on the small fan. I've had this for six years and it keeps the car very clean and I can still admire it through the clear cover. The fan circulates air helping with humidity. It also keeps out bugs and other pests.

I had seen another company in the UK have a similar capsule yet with a frame to support the cover but I cannot find it anymore. A frame system would make getting the car in/out of the capsule easier/quicker.
I found the other company's similar capsule with a frame which should take care of the biggest problem with my current one (getting the car in/out). I might get one of these. Year One sells these in the US.

http://www.airflow-uk.com/index.php?...ory=airchamber

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/f...hid=825AL85601

Attachment 57161
Attachment 57162

Last edited by heinzd01; 09-08-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #1305
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Aww. That's nice of you.
I have two registered Ragdoll breed cats that my wife and I bought from breeders when they were kittens. In the picture below, Velvet (female born 10/8/98) is on the left and Cookie (male born 8/15/97) is on the right.

Ever since I moved to Ohio 6 yrs ago, my community has had stray/feral cats. At one time as many as 14. I started caring for them. I trapped and got them spayed/neutered and feed them daily. Now the population is down to five. In the past, I let them in my garage during the winter where I had pet heating pads setup for them. This year I have built them a heated three level cat house.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #1306
FenwickHockey65

Awww...your cats are adorable!!

That's great to hear you're taking care of them. One of my coworkers was really into taking care of feral cats.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #1307
LadyinBlue

What a nifty cat house, Heinz! Not only do you house your vehicles well, you take care of all your feline friends well also. Kudos to you for caring for those in need :-)
Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #1308
LadyinBlue

Hey Fen - you doing okay? Do you like your classes?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #1309
FenwickHockey65

Classes start tomorrow. My Chemistry recitation tomorrow was canceled though. I have a massive break between my Math class until my Survey course in the afternoon. It's awesome.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #1310
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
I have two registered Ragdoll breed cats that my wife and I bought from breeders when they were kittens. In the picture below, Velvet (female born 10/8/98) is on the left and Cookie (male born 8/15/97) is on the right.

Ever since I moved to Ohio 6 yrs ago, my community has had stray/feral cats. At one time as many as 14. I started caring for them. I trapped and got them spayed/neutered and feed them daily. Now the population is down to five. In the past, I let them in my garage during the winter where I had pet heating pads setup for them. This year I have built them a heated three level cat house.

A lawyer I worked for in Texas had two Ragdolls. They were adorable kitties. We have 3 (a Bengal and two mutts we rescued from the pound). That house you built for the strays is awesome!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #1311
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

We got our car fixed. It's no longer stuck in 2nd gear, thank goodness. Hopefully the weather will be nice so we can go to some cruise-ins this weekend. There are several on Saturday we are considering.

Also, has anyone heard from Gins about how his wife reacted to getting surprised with her new Camaro? I didn't see where he has posted about it. Starting to worry that maybe she's not happy about it.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #1312
heinzd01

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
We got our car fixed. It's no longer stuck in 2nd gear, thank goodness. Hopefully the weather will be nice so we can go to some cruise-ins this weekend. There are several on Saturday we are considering.

Also, has anyone heard from Gins about how his wife reacted to getting surprised with her new Camaro? I didn't see where he has posted about it. Starting to worry that maybe she's not happy about it.
Hi prostock69.

Can you give us any details on what caused your transmission to get stuck in 2nd gear and what part(s) were replaced?

We are waiting to hear from Gins who has since changed his name to 1 RD JEWL.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #1313
FenwickHockey65

Someone needs to park their Camaro outside my dorm. I'm tired of looking at the same craptastic imports all the time.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #1314
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Someone needs to park their Camaro outside my dorm. I'm tired of looking at the same craptastic imports all the time.
Which dorm are you in? One of the towers?

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #1315
FenwickHockey65

Taylor Tower.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #1316
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Taylor Tower.
Ok, near Lane and High. My daughter graduated from OSU this spring in Architecture and is starting her Masters this quarter. She works at the RPAC part time. If you have any questions, maybe we could help.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #1317
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Classes start tomorrow. My Chemistry recitation tomorrow was canceled though. I have a massive break between my Math class until my Survey course in the afternoon. It's awesome.
I loved surveying!

As far as car shows and cruise ins... Most of you are close, come to the Tipp City mum festival on Friday. We will be there for sure. Hopefully with the SS if we get it back by then. It is supposed to be a big to-do. Look for my SIM SS or the BBM IROC. (bright blue metallic)

http://www.tippcruise-in.com/
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #1318
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I loved surveying!
Haha, it's not architectural surveying, it's some sort of college planning class I had to take.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #1319
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Haha, it's not architectural surveying, it's some sort of college planning class I had to take.
oh... hahaha
Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #1320
1 RD JEWL

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS_RS- RJT
Wife's Reaction to the Camaro!

Well,

Hello all, I have not been on much the last few days since I have been sittign on the couch with the wife or just enjoying having her around. I will be on regularly again unless I ma out of town, but then Ginger will be here.

Her reaction... all my worries about her reaction were for naught as many of you said she would love it. She drove it to Zeibart to get the underbody, sound proofing and Diamond Gloss applied and got out like a little child with excitement. SHE LOVES IT! We had a neighbor take pictures of when she got home with it so I will post them when I get them.

The Diamond Gloss looks perfect. you will have to see to believe. If it holds up like they warranty it for, it is well worth the $. Sound proofing helped significantly too. They state 10dbs but all I will say, it was immediately noticeably quieter.

Post again soon.

Delivered 25 Aug 2009:
2SS/RS LS3
1 RD JEWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #1321
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Well,

Hello all, I have not been on much the last few days since I have been sittign on the couch with the wife or just enjoying having her around. I will be on regularly again unless I ma out of town, but then Ginger will be here.

Her reaction... all my worries about her reaction were for naught as many of you said she would love it. She drove it to Zeibart to get the underbody, sound proofing and Diamond Gloss applied and got out like a little child with excitement. SHE LOVES IT! We had a neighbor take pictures of when she got home with it so I will post them when I get them.

The Diamond Gloss looks perfect. you will have to see to believe. If it holds up like they warranty it for, it is well worth the $. Sound proofing helped significantly too. They state 10dbs but all I will say, it was immediately noticeably quieter.

Post again soon.
AWESOME!!

Wait a minute, your name is paul and you wife is ginger? Weird, i know another couple named paul and ginger!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #1322
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Quote:
I loved surveying!

As far as car shows and cruise ins... Most of you are close, come to the Tipp City mum festival on Friday. We will be there for sure. Hopefully with the SS if we get it back by then. It is supposed to be a big to-do. Look for my SIM SS or the BBM IROC. (bright blue metallic)

http://www.tippcruise-in.com/
I was just going to look up the Mum Festival. I remember you posted about it a ways back. We may have to go to this one.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #1323
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RD JEWL View Post
Well,

Post again soon.
Hi Paul! So relieved to hear from you! I am so glad you loves the car! You are such a great hubby! Can't wait to see your car. I'm still on the fence about the Diamond Gloss. I sure am getting tired of keeping this car polished, though. It's wearing me out!

Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #1324
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Should I call the shop about my car? Its been there since friday afternoon, said they would start on it first thing monday, now its wednesday afternoon... it was a simple fix... WWYD (what woould you do)?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #1325
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Quote:
Should I call the shop about my car? Its been there since friday afternoon, said they would start on it first thing monday, now its wednesday afternoon... it was a simple fix... WWYD (what woould you do)?
I'd call. That's just me. I HATE waiting!

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?