Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
rocketman

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS
Chassis/underbody touch-up

I dont drive my car in snow/salt. I do occasionally drive it in the rain and I live in a humid area. I know many will think it is overkill with a car built with todays rust proofing, but I plan to own this car the rest of my life... and I hope to live a long time. I want to jack my car up and touch up any nicks from stones, lifts, etc. on the subframe and underbody. Plus I saw some points on the car where the body must have rested on the paint assembly line that never got paint.

What paint should I use on the subframe? What paint should I use on the underbody?
rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Juiced1
JUICED MOTORSPORTS

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
On my personal cars I would just use some rustoleum or some sort of rust preventing black spray paint on the suspension. Usually a satin black. Nothing crazy. Never tried to touch up the under body though. If your that into the under carriage of your ride you should add some after market suspension work. BMR powder coats everything and it looks good and lasts. Not to mention your Camaro will handle like a dream.
Get more Power per Dollar!!!! We carry all the hot new products for your 5th gen! CAI, Roto-Fab, Solo, Corsa, MBRP, ARH, Stainless Works, MRT, SLP, Procharger, Whipple, BMR, Diablosport, Superchips, Street Scene, VFN Fiberglass and much more. Contact us for your Camaro5 discount today!
Call us at 224-63-JUICE - 224-400-5793
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote