Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hellion Power Systems
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
yesno20102ssblack

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro Red
My order was placed!!!

My dealer contacted me on Thursday to let me know my Camaro 2SS had been placed and would be built the last week in March
I ordered the car on October 24th
If anyone needs contact information they may have additional allocation
They did everything they said including drop shipping the Camaro to a local dealer for me
They charged me MSRP and got the order placed

I have access to Dealerworld and can check order numbers if anyone thinks they have a bad number or a dealer that's not telling them anything I can go into the dealer system and check the numbers
My E-mail is RBJKNOYES@AOL.com
Just let me know
Richard
yesno20102ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Congrats dude! Thats great news!!! You will be getting your car very soon!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesno20102ssblack View Post

I have access to Dealerworld and can check order numbers if anyone thinks they have a bad number or a dealer that's not telling them anything I can go into the dealer system and check the numbers
Just let me know
Richard
Can you possibly post some more of your credentials? I really want to know whats up with my order, but I dont know about just giving you my order number...

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
undrcop2010

Drives: 1LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhoggard View Post
Can you possibly post some more of your credentials? I really want to know whats up with my order, but I dont know about just giving you my order number...
First and foremost congrats man!.......second i would also like to know whats going on with my order cause my dealer apparently knows nothing, but not all for throwing my order number out there
undrcop2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Just curious if you don't mind my asking. You say you are having the car drop shipped to another dealer. You also state you have access to GM's Global Connect. Do you work for a non Chevrolet dealer?
Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
im checking on this guy to see if hes legit-----this was his first post---has no location on his profile---he says he can do what others cant --very shady
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
yesno20102ssblack

Sorry about the delay I am new to posting information on sites But I thought I could help I have receive several E-mails and answered everyone
I worked for a GM dealer for 18 years and still have friends in the business
Here is some add additional information directly off of Dealerworld just to show you I can do what I say

CHEVROLET HOT SHEET – FEBRUARY 26, 2009

2010 CAMARO Product Update – Ambient Lighting on 2LT and 2SS Models: There have been many inquiries from customers who saw a very early pre-production photo of the Camaro interior. The photo displayed a blue ambient light traveling across the top of the door panel inserts and on to the dash. This early concept proved to be very popular, and the product team worked on developing a similar feature for the production model.
As a result, an ambient lighting feature is now a standard condition with the start of production on all 2LT and 2SS models. This light will have a light blue tint with Black, Neutral and Gray interiors, and reddish-orange tint when the Inferno Orange Interior Package is ordered. This feature is only in the door panels and not across the dash as the concept photo originally illustrated.
This feature is not an orderable option, but will be included on all 2LT and 2SS models at the start of production. No action is required by the customers or dealers to receive this feature.
Constraint Update:
As you prepare for order submission, you need to be aware of a few ordering constraints that will impact the initial first weeks of production:
· Camaro LS and LT models (V6 models) will be very limited.
· Cyber Gray Exterior Color (code: GBV) will not be available.
· Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code: VYV) will not be available.

Order for these models or options will not be processed, and steps should be taken to avoid submission of these impacted orders.
Early Ordering Ends March 15, 2009
Customer sold orders entered into the ordering system on or before March 15, 2009, will be recognized as part of the Early Ordering Activity. These customers will receive a Camaro Welcome Kit, and their orders will receive a special factory processing option code (R6P). This code acknowledges the order was part of the activity and appears in such places as the invoice and window label.
Thanks
Richard
Old 03-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
richard can you get status level??
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
yesno20102ssblack

Hello again
someone asked about drop shipping
drop shipping just means you can order your Camaro from one dealer and have it delivered to another
GM will at no charge to the customer "drop ship" your Camaro to your local dealer even if you ordered it from a dealer 3000 miles away
first your local dealer has to agree to this and give you their dealer BAC number
Now your local dealer may charge you a courtesy delivery charge normally $100-300.00
or if you normally do business with your local dealer but they can't get you a car maybe they will waive the charge
Hope that answers the DROP SHIP question
Thanks
Richard
Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
My dealer contacted me on Thursday to let me know my Camaro 2SS had been placed and would be built the last week in March
They did everything they said including drop shipping the Camaro to a local dealer for me

Just let me know
Richard

email sent.
Ron

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Sorry about the delay I am new to posting information on sites But I thought I could help I have receive several E-mails and answered everyone
I worked for a GM dealer for 18 years and still have friends in the business
Here is some add additional information directly off of Dealerworld just to show you I can do what I say

CHEVROLET HOT SHEET – FEBRUARY 26, 2009

2010 CAMARO Product Update – Ambient Lighting on 2LT and 2SS Models: There have been many inquiries from customers who saw a very early pre-production photo of the Camaro interior. The photo displayed a blue ambient light traveling across the top of the door panel inserts and on to the dash. This early concept proved to be very popular, and the product team worked on developing a similar feature for the production model.
As a result, an ambient lighting feature is now a standard condition with the start of production on all 2LT and 2SS models. This light will have a light blue tint with Black, Neutral and Gray interiors, and reddish-orange tint when the Inferno Orange Interior Package is ordered. This feature is only in the door panels and not across the dash as the concept photo originally illustrated.
This feature is not an orderable option, but will be included on all 2LT and 2SS models at the start of production. No action is required by the customers or dealers to receive this feature.
Constraint Update:
As you prepare for order submission, you need to be aware of a few ordering constraints that will impact the initial first weeks of production:
· Camaro LS and LT models (V6 models) will be very limited.
· Cyber Gray Exterior Color (code: GBV) will not be available.
· Hurst Short Throw Shifter LPO (code: VYV) will not be available.

Order for these models or options will not be processed, and steps should be taken to avoid submission of these impacted orders.
Early Ordering Ends March 15, 2009
Customer sold orders entered into the ordering system on or before March 15, 2009, will be recognized as part of the Early Ordering Activity. These customers will receive a Camaro Welcome Kit, and their orders will receive a special factory processing option code (R6P). This code acknowledges the order was part of the activity and appears in such places as the invoice and window label.
Thanks
Richard

Old news.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Hello again
someone asked about drop shipping
drop shipping just means you can order your Camaro from one dealer and have it delivered to another
GM will at no charge to the customer "drop ship" your Camaro to your local dealer even if you ordered it from a dealer 3000 miles away
first your local dealer has to agree to this and give you their dealer BAC number
Now your local dealer may charge you a courtesy delivery charge normally $100-300.00
or if you normally do business with your local dealer but they can't get you a car maybe they will waive the charge
Hope that answers the DROP SHIP question
Thanks
Richard
OR MORE if they know it's a Camaro and you are going around them...

There should be communication from the ordering dealer to the SHIP TO dealer to find this all out in advance, BEFORE your dealership puts the order in....

Once that's done, keep in mind if the "delivering dealer" does anything wrong, it's kind of out of the hands of the ordering dealer (Front plate install, dealer sticker, Lot attendant burnouts....etc etc)
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
yesno20102ssblack

Hello again Guys
I can tell you if your order number is real
I can tell you if your order is sitting waiting to be pulled for production or if it has been pulled by GM to be built
Once GM has given the order a build week I can give you that information too
Here is what I can not do
I can not tell you what priority number you are in your dealers order bank or how many orders your dealer has taken
or how many Camaros your dealer is suppose to get
As for giving me your order number I really do know know what someone would do with it
I can not change your order only your dealer can do that
I just figure if I can help I will
If you do not want me to help that's OK too
Right now I have access and That can change
but if you want me to help I will, no charge, no gimmicks
Richard
Old 03-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:

Just let me know
Richard
Not that I'm sure a lot of people won't appreciate your "help" but be advised we had a thread with requests for the info you are supplying before. It was closed down at the request of GM. Granted, it actually listed the results in the thread, instead of PMs. I just don't want to see you (or your "contact") get into trouble for giving out what was deemed confidential information. That's all.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
yesno20102ssblack

I will help as long as GM does not complain
If I can help a few people then I will
I will not give out any information that should not have already been provided by the dealer who took the order and fat deposit
Thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #16
yesno20102ssblack

Scotty is correct you need to speak with your local dealer
I would have bought from my local dealer But they wanted $5,000 over sticker and already had 12 orders
who knows if I would have ever seen my order
Old 03-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Email sent.... Hopefully nothing bad can happen...

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Email sent.... Hopefully nothing bad can happen...
I doubt anything bad can happen; it's like tracking a UPS package. Anyone can look to see where it currently is in transit but only the shipper and receiver can make any changes to it.

The problem that's going to come from this is the poor guy's email/PM folders are going to get really full really fast because people expect to see changes daily and will keep emailing him requesting updates. Trust me when I tell you that...
Old 03-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #19
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I doubt anything bad can happen; it's like tracking a UPS package. Anyone can look to see where it currently is in transit but only the shipper and receiver can make any changes to it.

The problem that's going to come from this is the poor guy's email/PM folders are going to get really full really fast because people expect to see changes daily and will keep emailing him requesting updates. Trust me when I tell you that...
I understand that the status won't change daily, but I am getting no information from my dealer, so I am going crazy... I just need something to hold me over for a little while.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #20
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
I understand that the status won't change daily, but I am getting no information from my dealer, so I am going crazy... I just need something to hold me over for a little while.
I know just how you feel and don't blame you in the least.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

I've actually contemplated trying to get a part-time sales job at my dealership just so I can check the status myself... being an Army recruiter, I know I would get hired... and then just quit when I get my car...

Old 03-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #22
yesno20102ssblack

Me again
I just spoke with my connection that gives me access to Dealerworld
and there is some concern GM maybe able to see which dealer is looking at the orders
I personally do not see why they would really care since no changes can be made
But it's not my access
So I will help out for those who have asked but will not be able to continue after tomorrow
sorry about that I didn't see a problem but like I said it's not my call
again I will help those who have already asked don't worry you will hear from me in the morning
Richard
Old 03-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #23
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

You are my new hero!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #24
yesno20102ssblack

Good Morning I hoped I help those who asked I know some of the news was not what everyone had hoped to hear but a least everyone who asked knows where they stand with their orders
I did have a question about order codes I wanted to share

R6P Early Order Activity Vehicle
DCP - Directions and Connections OnStar Service

Thanks
Richard
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
DJCSR

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 Speed
Quote:
Good Morning I hoped I help those who asked I know some of the news was not what everyone had hoped to hear but a least everyone who asked knows where they stand with their orders
I did have a question about order codes I wanted to share

R6P Early Order Activity Vehicle
DCP - Directions and Connections OnStar Service

Thanks
Richard
Thanks for the info Richard, and ironicly when I grabbed the mail when I got home the "Welcome Kit" was there. All in all not a bad day.
DJCSR is offline   Reply With Quote